Welcome to Gaia! ::

October: What will you be for Halloween?

something scary 0.12941176470588 12.9% [ 11 ]
something funny 0.094117647058824 9.4% [ 8 ]
a fantasy character 0.27058823529412 27.1% [ 23 ]
a movie character 0.15294117647059 15.3% [ 13 ]
my friends are doing a group costume 0.070588235294118 7.1% [ 6 ]
i'm not dressing up 0.28235294117647 28.2% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8346 8347 8348 > >> >>> »|

User Image

Welcome to my charity: Pillage and Plunder!

In 2008, I quested 1000 helms of the viking in honour of my father. Thanks to the generosity of many good friends, and some drop-in donators, I achieved my goal in just over one year! Now, it's time to give some of the love back.

Check out the rules, information and applications to see what this charity is all about. The Incentives page has some games and contests for you to participate in. Feel free to stay and chat, participate, get to know members, and have fun!

If you are on a big quest, or questing lots of little items, then maybe I can help you out!

User Image
Sunday, January 6th, 2008 - Happy Ukranian Christmas and Happy Birthday angelbaskets...QUEST THREAD OPEN! Began contests for RNG, every 50 donated helms, and first post on every 50 pages.
Saturday, February 23, 2008 - "My School" post updated. We got news this week that Lakeport will be closing.
Monday, August 18th, 2008 - MY BIRTHDAY!!! Thank you so much to those of you who sent me gifts. I send you love, hugs and warm happiness right back. A new RNG contest in honour of my birthday begins today, so check it out in post 7!
Sunday, December 14th - ELVING IS ON! Check out this thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/elving-o8-by-tggoa/t.45595429_1/!!!
Tuesday, December 30th - Today is the anniversary of my father's passing. Thank you to everyone who posted a candle to honour him.
Wednesday, December 31st - Happy Birthday, Dad! Happy New Year!
Thursday, January 15, 2009 - angelbaskets, my last official quest donator, has taken me PAST my quest total of 1000 helms! Thank you so much!

Monday, March 9, 2009 - I am frantically trying to transform the quest thread into the charity I wish it could be. Please stay tuned in the next week for all of the information and elements to be posted correctly.

Navigation:
Post 1: Introduction, Announcements and Table of Contents <---User Image
Post 2: Rules
Post 3: Quest Spotlight / Game Item Quest
Post 4: My Dad
Post 5: My School
Post 6: Applications
Post 7: Incentives
Post 8: Links (affiliates)
Post 9: Honours and Betrayals
Post 10-14: Reserved

The unwise man
is awake all night
worries over and over again.

User Image

User ImagePlease follow Gaia's T.O.S.
User ImagePlease bump, chat and participate in incentives
User ImagePlease try to be as literate as possible
User ImagePlease PM me if you have an important question about any of the incentives, to send an affiliate link or to tell me that you won a Random Number Contest prize. With all the bumping in this thread, I sometimes miss posts, so if you post in the thread and I don't respond, please don't get upset; just send me a PM.
User ImagePlease do not advertise within the threads. PM me with a graphic and link if you would like to be an affiliate.

Navigation:
Post 1: Introduction, Announcements and Table of Contents
Post 2: Rules <---User Image
Post 8: Links
No lamb
for the lazy wolf.
No battle's won in bed.

User Image

All the gold I earn during the month of October from any marketplace sales, raffles, donations, my Aquarium, and playing games like Pinball or zOMG will be donated to xX_oldercousin_Xx's Quest for this avatar:
User Image
Total Value: 2,658,234 Gold
After Exclusions: 2,532,720 Gold
[Item Information]

Anyone else is welcome to donate any gold or items to me, and I will sell them for gold that will be sent directly to her quest.
If you wish to donate to her through my thread, I will keep a record of anyone who donates here.
(By all means, you are welcome to donate directly to her as well.)

Donations for xX_oldercousin_Xx:

angelbaskets - 40 000 gold

User Image

My longtime friend, angelbaskets, is questing one million sunflowers for disability awareness. So, for the month of October, all the sunflowers I collect will go to her quest. For more information, click the banner below:

User Image

also, if you haven't been to her angelbaskets angels thread, you absolutely have to check it out!
User Image

Donations for angelbaskets:

xX_oldercousin_Xx ~ 705 sunflowers

Wanna be in the spotlight like these folks?
See post 6 for an explanation of the application process.

Navigation:
Post 3: Quest Spotlight / Game Item Quest <---User Image

Words of praise
will never perish
nor a noble name.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

This charity has been created in honour of my dad. This was my dad:

User Image

My dad was a true viking! He was proud to be of Norwegian descent, he was the strongest man I knew, and he loved his family, pets and good friends very much. He could do anything - electronics, carpentry, computer programming, drafting, housework, cooking...anything. He was a strict dad, but he loved us very much. His favourite family time was spent sharing a good lunch with pickled herring, goat cheese sandwiches, Aquavit and a beer. He loved to work with his hands, and spent a lot of time managing his 18 acre forested property.

In 2002, he was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, which is a type of blood and bone marrow cancer. He had tumours on his sternum, ribs and vertebrae. He was in a lot of pain and lost a lot of his physical strength. He couldn't even turn the steering wheel in the car to drive. Losing this control frustrated him tremendously. He underwent chemotherapy, radiation and a bone marrow transplant. The chemo weakened his heart and he died of heart failure on December 30th, 2003. On December 31st, he would have celebrated his 69th birthday.

Viking symbols remind me of my dad, so that I why in 2008, I chose this item for my quest. In 2009, I completed my quest of collecting 1000 viking helms in his honour, and now I am turning my success over to help others! I am a strong person because of my dad. Completing this quest and starting this charity is another step I am taking to honour him and his memory. I loved him very much!

Navigation:
Post 4: My Dad <---User Image
Never walk
away from home
ahead of your axe and sword.

User Image

User Image
I also quested one thousand viking helms to honour my school! This charity will continue on past 2011, even though the school that I work at will be closed.

I am a teacher at Lakeport Secondary School. Our mascot is the Viking. Some coincidence, huh? I am so proud to cheer for the Vikings at our football games, in parades and at school events. I tell my students that I was meant to teach at Lakeport because I am a true Viking!

Here is a picture of some of my students in the last parade we entered:

User Image
As of Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, my helm quest became a collection to honour the last three years of my school. We got news from the school board that our numbers are too small and we will not be taking in Grade 9 students next year. That means that the Graduating Class of 2011 will be the last Graduating Class of Lakeport. This makes me very sad.

As of September, 2008, our school has 107 students registered. This will probably be our last year. We have 8 full time teachers on our staff.

Once a Laker, Always a Laker!!! heart heart heart

Navigation:
Post 5: My School <---User Image
To ask well, to answer rightly
are the marks of a wise man.
Men must speak of men's deeds
what happens may not be hidden.

User Image

Are you questing for a large item or a large number of game items? Follow the procedure below in order to become a member of the Pillage and Plunder Charity.

User ImagePlease, be active in the thread for at least 1 month or more.
This means you follow the rules and participate in activities. Also, you have made an effort to get to know other members of the thread.
User ImageWhile they may chat in the thread, this charity is not open to any mule accounts.
User ImageBe generous to others, be kind and be dedicated to your quest and this charity.
User ImageWhen you are ready, fill out the application. Post it in the thread, and PM me a copy. I will thank you for your application, review your information, and if chosen, then you will be put into the quest spotlight or game item spotlight for one month.
User ImageEverything I collect during that month from donators, participants, contests, etc. will be rolled into a donation for your quest!

[size=14][b][color=green]Pillage and Plunder Application[/color][/b][/size]
[size=12][b]Username[/b]:
[b]Active in this thread since[/b]:
[b]Questing For[/b]:
[b]How Long you have been questing?[/b]:
[b]Quest Thread Link: (include code for a banner if you have it, and I will put it in the spotlight!)[/b]:
[b]Why Do You Deserve a Donation?[/b]:
[/size]

Navigation:
Post 6: Applications <---User Image
A kind word need not cost much
the price of praise can be cheap
with half a loaf and an empty cup
I found myself a friend.

User Image

User Image

Thank you for participating in my last raffle. There is no raffle right now. Stay tuned. There may be one again in April...
User Image

Generate a Random Number between 1 and 2000. If you are the first to get one of the numbers below, then you win the prize! PM me with the page that you generated the number on, and I'll update this list and send you your prize!

#8 - Improvised Flamethrower
#19 - 500 TokensWon by Acid Wishes. Congratulations!
#25 - Pink Magical GiftboxWon by xX_oldercousin_Xx. Congratulations!
#53 - Dally's Petals
#148 - Star LanternWon by xX_oldercousin_Xx. Congratulations!
#254 - Lovebird Plush
#767 - Enchanted Golden TrunkWon by iiAmanda. Congratulations!
#1231 - Star Suit MascotWon by indigomagenta. Congratulations!
#1640 - Chained Pocket Watch
#1934 - Mythrill Coin (10, 000 gold)
#1989 - Red Spacefleet Uniform

User Image

SLOTS:
1. SuperBiznoth4206 - bumping for Aquarium Fish Bundle #3 = 4000 bumps
2. Lulu Bahamut - bumping for Lonely Star Bundle = 4000 bumps
3. Pinkitskiki - bumping for Picolitrosso's urn = 4000 bumps
4. Cyndra Askiron - bumping for Death Whisper = 3000 bumps
5. Acid Wishes - bumping for Kottan Bell = 2000 bumps
6. Zykii - bumping for Saracila Pendant = 3000 bumps

I appreciate having people to bump my thread, and I want to reward you. If you like to bump, and you want to bump my thread for ANY cash shop item, then read the Rules below:

OF COURSE, You may chat, post and bump my thread at any time simply because you want to help me out. Please, though, do not beg or advertise in my thread.

Step One: If you want to bump for a cash shop item, first you must wait until a slot is open. Only FIVE thread regulars can bump for a cash shop item at one time. The ratio of bumps to GC is 25 gc for 100 bumps. Round up in the case of numbers that are less than 25 gc.

Step Two: When you see an open slot, post the application form in this thread. Fill out the information correctly, and post it in the thread. Please prove to me that you read these instructions by including the code word Lakers in your application form. ALSO, PM A COPY OF THE COMPLETED FORM TO ME.

Step Three: When I read your pm and send you a confirmation pm back, then I will add your name to the empty slot, and you can begin bumping. Number your bumps in order like this: xx/ttt (x represents the bump you are on, and t represents the total bumps you are working towards). Please complete a minimum of 100 bumps a week to show me that you are consistently working towards your item and so slots can be opened up for new bumpers.

Step Four: When you are finished, PM me again with the page number you finished bumping on. I will send you your prize and open a slot up for someone else to have a turn.
You may not fill that slot again immediately after bumping and receiving your reward. Please wait until a different slot opens up so someone else can have a chance before you begin again.

[color=purple][b][size=16]LADYB! I WOULD LIKE TO BUMP YOUR THREAD, PLEASE![/size][/b][/color]
Username:
Cash Shop Item I would like to bump for:
Cost (GC):
The last Cash Shop item I bumped for in this thread was:
Yes, I read the instructions. Here is my proof:

User Image

Sometimes I will have a little extra gold or simply be in a generous mood. If I have the opportunity, I will be delivering random gifts of gold, or seasonal items, or wishlist items, or quest items, etc. to random people who are nice to me or who participate actively and positively in my thread.

Random Gifties Delivered to:
1. monkey_amanda_29 ~ March 15, 2009 ~ Biancamella 6th gen.
2. sissyjo261 ~ 10 000 for famestar quest
3. Zuzu love ~ 500 tokens
4. xX_oldercousin_Xx ~ 80 tickets and 250 tokens
5. pixelized pencil ~ 8 000 for Orinkage Quest
6. angelbaskets ~ Nara
7. Midori_Keiko ~ SDPlus #189 Alanar Doll
8. vexed-monkey ~ 50K towards his Nano-C Quest

User Image

If I'm ever really creative or have an inspiration, I might think of a different game or incentive. This is where I will post it...

User ImageSince I was born in 1972, there will be a GROUP HUG on page 7200!!!User Image

Everyone who posts on page 7200 will receive 720 gold!

The purpose of this is to have a number of different people stick around, chat, bump and participate, SO, you can only win the prize once. You can't win 720 gold for every post you make on page 7200.

Navigation:
Post 7: Incentives <---User Image
If you find a friend you fully trust
and wish for his good-will,
exchange thoughts
exchange gifts
Go often to his house.

User Image

Links In:
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/the-viking-quest-one-thousand-helms/t.36532783_1/][IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/ladybrittania/char/2utj8tf.gif[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/the-viking-quest-one-thousand-helms/t.36532783_1/][IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/ladybrittania/char/ladybcharitytag-1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/the-viking-quest-one-thousand-helms/t.36532783_1/][IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/ladybrittania/char/2n8535i.gif[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/the-viking-quest-one-thousand-helms/t.36532783_1/][IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q163/ladybrittania/Viking Quest Thread/gothelmbyMDU.gif[/IMG][/url]

Links Out:

Game Item Quest Threads:
User Image

Other Item Quest Threads:
User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Charities/Helping Threads

User Image
User Image

TLC: Tender, Love, & Care

User Image

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Graphics Shops
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Miscellaneous

User Image

User Image

User Image

Navigation:
Post 3: Progress
Post 6: Recognition
Post 8: Gift for Gift - links out and in <---User Image
To a false friend the footpath winds
though his house be on the highway.
To a sure friend there is a short cut
though he live a long way off.

User Image

I have met some amazing people on Gaia, and they definitely deserve recognition.

User ImageMy very good friend, Stonewaltz, has chatted with me daily, made innumerable graphics, and supported me in all my endeavours. She made the banner set for this thread too! Thanks, hon! You inspire me!
User ImageAngelbaskets and I have both quested in honour of family members, and through these quests, we have made great friendships. She is sweet and generous!
User ImageJ-Machine has been a tremendous friend the entire time I've been on Gaia. We met when I was brand new, he gave me my very first gift on Gaia, we have given each other advice time and time again. What more can I say? He's the best.
User ImageWow. Wind_Walkr has been here faithfully right from the beginning - bumping, participating, chatting and giving me amazing advice. Thanks, Wind!!!

I also wanted to give recognition to the quotes I have been using in my posts. They are all taken from The Havamal - The Book of Viking Wisdom.

User Image

No one has betrayed my trust. Hopefully it will remain as such.

Navigation:
Post 3: Progress
Post 6: Recognition
Post 8: Gift for Gift - links out and in
Post 9: Honours and Betrayals <---User Image
Thank you to everyone who has made me graphics and art.
User Image
The Purple Princess <3
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

My avi from "Dress Like a Whore Day," Gaia Spirit Week, July 2008!
User ImageUser Image

I love them all!

User Image
I am going to start a new gallery here for Viking Quest and Viking Charity art and graphics. Thank you to everyone who has made me these!!!

User ImageUser Image
-----------------------------------(Thanks, Acid Wishes!)

User ImageUser Image
(Thanks, gigithestar!) You great artists amaze me!!! Check out their shops, everyone!(Thanks, lola stardust (artist) and SuperBiznoth4206!)
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

When morning rises
he is restless still
his burden as before.

User Image
When morning rises
he is restless still
his burden as before.

User Image
It is fortunate
to be favoured
with praise and popularity