Ummmmm . . . *lurks for a bit* 0.24516129032258 24.5% [ 38 ]
*edges away slowly* 0.090322580645161 9.0% [ 14 ]
Hell no. *mutters* freaks. 0.045161290322581 4.5% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 155 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 81 82 83 > >>

User Image

*door creaks open*

Greetings . . .

_____ . . . and welcome to the Charity of Friends Forever: Inspiring Newbie Support, more commonly known as COFFINS. I am Greyson, your guide to our fair charity. The masters here are committed to helping newcomers to Gaia. We can help you learn to navigate your way around, and provide tips on how to acquire wealth in the form of gold and items.

_____In their more generous moods, there will be contests and giveaways; but these are only open to those people who have been a part of this fair world of Gaia for less than six months. It has been decided that anyone hanging around Gaia for longer than that should have learned the ropes by now. That is not to say that such people are unwelcome. Far from it! They will simply be ineligible to receive donations.

User Image

So, what exactly do we offer to all who enter our doors?

• Practical advice on how to gain and expand your Gaia treasury/inventory.
  • Links to other guides, guilds, and charities that you may find useful.
  • Giveaways of “starter-pack” type items for those who have been a part of Gaia less than 6 months.
  • Contests for both newbies and established Gaians. Rewards will be given to those who spread the word about us.
  • Links to Booty Grab threads (the fastest way to get large amounts of gold).

[Greeting]_[Announcements]_[Rules]_[Contests]_[Giveaways]_[Moderators]_[Affiliates]_[Banners]_[Contest Entries]_[FAQ]
[Greeting]_[Announcements]_[Rules]_[Contests]_[Giveaways]_[Moderators]_[Affiliates]_[Banners]_[Contest Entries]_[FAQ]
User Image

*mournful howl echoes through the thread*

So you want to know what's going on . . .

_____ . . . you've come to the right place. Here is where all pertinent information regarding the day-to-day activities of the thread will be filed.

_____All anouncements will be linked in this post with the date they were posted and the subject they are about. Dates will follow the Month/Day/Year format. Those announcements deemed to be supremely special will always be posted in dark red font. Otherwise, standard black will be the name of the game.

User Image

Announcement List

[Greeting]_[Announcements]_[Rules]_[Contests]_[Giveaways]_[Moderators]_[Affiliates]_[Banners]_[Contest Entires]_[FAQ]
User Image

Laws of the Land:

• Follow Gaia ToS and Rules.

• No fighting (including trolling/flaming), begging, page stretching or spamming.

• Do not quote the first page. You may quote a small part of a post, but not the whole thing.

• Be polite and respectful to all members.

• No l33t or chat speak, please. Grammar and punctuation make things easier on all. We understand if English is not your primary language, but please try to be both intelligible and legible. (Size 7 pale yellow font is painful to our eyes.)

• Only newbies (defined by the mods of this charity as users having been involved with gaia for less than 6 months) are eligible to win prizes, unless otherwise noted in specific contest rules.

• If you request a prize, you must display your join date in your profile so we can make sure you qualify. If you don't have your join date displayed, you will be ineligible to receive most prizes - even if you have been a part of Gaia less than 6 months.

• Do not complain if you don't like the prize you received. At times things will be given out at random. Simply say "Thank You" and sell the unwanted item or spread the wealth by donating to another person.

• Any issues that cannot be handled in a reasonable and adult manner between members via PM will be handled by the mods.

• Obey the mods. This includes not arguing with them over a final judgement/ruling.

• The mods reserve the right to ban any member from participating in any contests or the thread if neccessary. They also reserve the right to update the rules as time goes by.

• Lastly - have FUN! COFFINS is meant to be an enjoyable place for all to gather, chat, and win cool stuff. Keep it that way, and everyone benefits.

User Image

*ghostlike wailing*

You want to break the rules . . .

_____ . . . fine, be prepared for the consequences. Anyone breaking the rules set out in Gaia ToS (or any other official Gaia rules) will be automatically blacklisted and banned. Those who choose to flaunt COFFINS Laws will be warned three times, and then will suffer the same fate as the others who felt that rules were meant to be broken. If your name appears below, do not darken our doors again.

People who have been sealed in the Crypt:

Currently there are none who have felt it neccessary to test the mods.

[Greeting]_[Announcements]_[Rules]_[Contests]_[Giveaways]_[Moderators]_[Affiliates]_[Banners]_[Contest Entires]_[FAQ]
User Image

This Week's Contests:

• Level 1 (item du jour to be gifted to you) Newbies one day old - PM Greyson with one of the COFFINS Laws.

• Level 2 (500 gold) Newbies 1 day to 1 week old - PM Greyson with a screenshot of you with a booty grab result. Photoshopped entries are not allowed.

• Level 3 (1,000 gold) Newbies of 1 week to 1 month old - Bump COFFINS once a day for 10 consecutive days. Do not "bump" more than once, but chatting is allowed.

• Level 4 (2,000 gold) Newbies of 1 month to 2 months old - In COFFINS, post a link to your quest thread. Link may only be posted once to qualify.

• Level 5 (5,000 gold) Newbies 2 months to 3 months old - In COFFINS, post a link to your avi arena entry. Link may only be posted once to qualify.

• Level 6 (10,000 gold) Newbies 3 months to 4 months old - Join the "RPG" going on in the BELFRY for one week. Must abide by all BELFRY rules.

• Level 7 (15,000 gold) Newbies 4 months to 5 months old - Crew up in zOMG with a COFFINS mod for at least 1 quest. Must make arrangements with the mod ahead of time. The mod must post that this has been completed.

• Level 8 (20,000 gold) Newbies of 5 months to 6 months old - "Adopt" a newbie of 1 day to 1 week old (mules excluded) and help them around Gaia for one month. The newbie must fill out a private report at the end of the month to qualify.

• Level 9 - Special contest (30,000 gold) ALL Newbies up to 6 months old - no current contest.

• Level 10 - SUPER Special contest (50,000 gold) ALL Newbies up to 6 months old - no current contest.

User Image

*warning growl*

By now you should know . . .

_____ . . . that everything we do has rules. This includes our contests. We have 10 levels of contests, and levels 9&10 will NOT have a contest each week. It is your job to see which contests are active, and what the rules and prizes are for it. If it is an long-running contest, such as levels 1-8, the rules will be stated in the contest itself. More complete rules for the Special contests will be listed below.

Current Contest Rules:

None

User Image

*a dark chuckle wends it way through the air*

Gifts, Gold, Items . . .

_____ . . . we know that's what you came for. Look around and be amazed at the bounty spread before you. These are items generously donated to our humble charity by Gaians who remember their newbie days and wish to make yours a little easier. NOTE: Giveaways are only open to newbies 1 day to 1 week old.

_____We will not be posting an itemized list of everything we have in our inventory. Instead, we will tell you what classifications of items we have to offer. All you need to do is politely request items from a certain group, and then wait for them to come to you. How do you do this? The answer is simple.

_____Send a PM to Greyson, and have the subject line say "I humbly request BLANK." where the blank is the category of items you desire. (NOTE: If you do not have a trading pass, we cannot send you items, so we suggest you get one as soon as possible.) Do not PM the mods as to the status of your trade. If there is a significant delay, we apologize for it. We will help you out as soon as possible.

User Image

So, what exactly do we have in stock?

• Aquarium fish.
  • Aquarium decorations.
  • Pre-made Package Deals. (Click the link to find out exactly what we've got.)
_____For avi items, please indicate what color/style preferences you have in the PM.(Ex: "pirate" or "red".)

A special note for those who wish to donate: please use this LINK to send a trade to Greyson, and change the trade name to say COFFINS Donation. Thank you so very much!

User Image

Those thou shalt obey . . .

_____ . . . or else. These are the ones who have put a lot of time and effort into this thread, and are the supreme deities here. They deserve your respect. And maybe even a little applause.

_____Greyson: I am the official COFFINS thread mule, and will be used for any announcements, contests, and the like. Don't expect much conversation from me, unless one of the puppeteers is online at the moment. You just never know who may be pulling my strings . . .

_____COFFINS Keeper: I too, am an official COFFINS mule, and will be used usually to dole out goodies to those who are deserving. Don't freak out if you see a trade from me, it just means that you got something to enjoy. Like Greyson, don't expect much conversation from me since I tend to hide in the background and pass out presents. Oh, and don't ask him what it's like having a roomie who sleeps in a coffin . . . he's a little touchy about that.

_____Mi Vida Nueva: Hello, newbies! You'll see me online as one of many avatars. Mi Vida Nueva or one of the thread mules. Irregardless of what name or avi I am using, I am one of the mods here. As stated in the CLAWS, my word is law. I am here to uphold the fine tradition of newbie support that was started in the "FFANS" days. Feel free to contact me in the thread or via a PM to Greyson. He is our caretaker, among other things. Don't be afraid to stay and chat with us.

_____Kyrena Kalakali: I'm the assistant here, and am generally responsible for any coding/formatting mishaps you see. sweatdrop Personally, I tend to be laid-back and generally love to joke around . . . although I have been known to exhibit a bit of temper (usually when someone breaks the rules). I'm always willing to lend a helping hand and to point you in the right direction if you have any questions. All I ask is that you don't PM me, since I am OCD when it comes to my inbox. Oh, and I don't accept random friend requests. Stick around and chat a bit with me here first. I think that's it, except for the fact that I have a lot of respect for Sub and Vida, since they were the ones who kept the original thread going. Anyways, enough about me. This thread is all about you, those who are new to Gaia. Stick around, chat, have fun - and maybe win something! wink

User Image

*cheers*

People of Note:

This includes supporters, thread regulars, and generally outstanding Gaians. Without them, we would not be where we are today.

User Image

*flapping and high-pitched squeaking fill the air*

You need more . . .

_____ . . . places to go to for help? We are happy to provide you links to other noteworthy threads, guilds, and guides to help smooth your way into this wonderful land called Gaia.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

_____NOTE: If you are the owner/mod of a helpful guide/guild and you would like to be affiliated with us, please send a small banner to Greyson via PM. Subject line "Affiliate me."

User Image

Can't get enough . . .

_____ . . . gold? Try some of these Booty Grab Threads that almost guarentee to make you thousands of gold in a very short time.

*None at the moment*

User Image

*Flags flap in the breeze*

You want to link to us . . .

_____ . . . then simply scroll down and find the banner that best fits your needs.

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.54443307][img]http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv236/kyrena-kalakali/Ky/C.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

If you would like to submit a banner for COFFINS, please follow the below instructions:

• Our color scheme is greys, black, and dark reds. Please follow this when creating any banner.
  • In line with our name, our logo is a coffin. Banners that incorperate this are very welcome.
  • Please make sure that any banners can fit in the 255 character limit for signatures.
  • If you can avoid using tinyurl, it would be appreciated.
  • Have fun, and let your creativity soar!

(Who, knows, if we really like it, you may get a prize.)

User Image

*fanfare*

And the contestants are . . .

_____ . . . listed below. Here you'll find the picture gallery. Those lucky Gaians who submitted an entry in one of our tektek contests.

User Image

Contestants:

• None at the moment.

User Image

*trumpets sound*

Hear ye, hear ye . . .

_____ . . . and listen to the voice of the people. This is where we will be posting the frequently asked questions. This list will be updated as time goes by.

User Image

FAQ:

1. How do I display my Join Date?
    Simply go here and put a check in the box marked "Show my registration date."

2. Why did you determine 6 months to be the cutoff for newbies?
    Because we figure that it takes the average person 6 months to experience almost every aspect of Gaia, from profiles to towns, forums to guilds, games to zOMG, Marketplace to events, and everything in between. Granted, some people require less time than that, and others more, but it was the best compromise we could come up with. We also figured that after 6 months, Gaians would be able to navigate on their own, and will have built up their own gold supply without resorting to begging.
    Just be glad Vida didn't get her way and we don't administer a test. wink

3. Why are your contests split up by the "age" of the newbies?
    This is to make things more fair since the contests increase in difficulty (and rewards) as they progress, and we didn't think it was right to expect a newbie of one day to be able to accomplish the same things as one who has been around 6 months.

4. Why are your giveaways limited to newbies of 1 week or less?
    The simple (and not entirely correct) answer is because it makes our lives easier. The longer and more accurate response is because we feel that those are the newbies would would most benefit from avi or aquarium items. After a week (and sometimes before that) most users will have been able to acquire at least 1 change of clothes on their own, and will have the basics of the aquarium down.

Hey all . . .

. . . just wanted to let you know that we have some sweet package deals going on right now. And here they are:

1. Avi Package A: Top, Bottom, and shoes.
  2. Avi Package B: Top, Hat, Accessory.
  3. Avi Package C: Bottom, Accessory, Item.
  4. Avi Package D: 2 Accessories and an Item.
  5. Aquarium Package A: 2 fish.
  6. Aquarium Package B: Background and decoration.

All you have to do is ask me for the package # via PM and I will send it to you. If you would rather have random items, that's fine too. Hope everyone enjoys what we've got going!

Versatile Flatterer

11,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
You'd like to donate. . .

. . . but aren't sure what we need? Take a look at our handy list to see what we are questing:

GOLD: The most basic, and most obvious need of all. Any donation amount is appreciated.

Aquarium Items: Fish, Backgrounds, Decorations, you name it. No fish is ever rejected.

Avi Items: After all, what is Gaia without a well dressed avatar?

Flower Bouquets: You'd be surprised at how handy these are.

Zomg Recipes: Come one, come all, offload those recipes you don't want.

Anything else you want to get rid of: Pretty self-explanatory.

A special note for those who wish to donate: please use this LINK to send a trade to Greyson, and change the trade name to say COFFINS Donation. Thank you so very much!

pbbth!
Can't wait for the doors to open!!!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas