Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rich Fatcat

Discuss Which of them you use, Which of them you hate, and which of them do you just shake your head at?

I tend to stick to Chromium based browsers,
and I wish they would stop producing any browser that uses
Firefox's Source Code to create it's browser.

SMH at all Trident Shell Browsers,
srsly stop it Microsoft.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I don't mind Waterfox, but plain firefox and palemoon tend to freeze on me. I don't know why they do this, but it annoys me. Lately I've been sticking to chrome. The only reason I had to dislike it is pretty much moot now (lack of same extensions from Firefox) and they finally started making 64 bit builds on the dev and canary channels.
If Gecko-based browsers want my praise they'd have to go back to FF 2 and recode everything afterward, since that's when things started getting slower.
I also hate IE, but who doesn't? I wish MS would just give us something like wget on a clean install and we could command-line download our browser of choice so we don't have to use their junk at all.
Opera's pretty good if you're on old hardware but otherwise I wouldn't bother.
I'd like Safari if it weren't so Apple.

I like Midori from the encounters I've had with it. Haven't tried the newest windows version though.
All that I have to say is "**** Internet Exploder"

Being a web developer, when any of my clients decide that they just HAVE to have support for IE7 or IE8, I essentially have to forget all about using HTML5, CSS3, and quite a bit of Javascript. And then I have to look at shiv's, PIE, and a bunch of other things that make maintaining and updating sites such a pain.

Why can't people and corporations just upgrade their browsers? Or better yet, use something other than IE? And for those of you on Windows XP that are all like "well, Microsoft only supports up to IE8 on XP", I say to you, jump of a cliff, or upgrade your damn computer.

I used Firefox as my primary browser for many many years. These days I use Chrome on Windows, and Safari on Mac. Webkit just seems to get the job done a lot better these days.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Pale Moon, Opera and Tor.
Frankly, I really couldn't care less as long as everyone would just support the ******** standard already and quite trying to muscle s**t around all the time.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Oprea - If you want speed
Chrome - If you want a simple UI & a great time with voice searching
(I use firefox & pale moon) Firefox - Most web developers choose this, but people who aren't web developers tend to use it because its the best browser for add ons.
Pale moon - A slimmed down version of firefox, it focuses on removing useless features from browsers & performance.
Tor/Aviator browser- If you want a ninja like time browsing. (Private browsing mode is the only mode)
Ie- If you want the worst way to browse the internet
If you do like ie's user interface you can use this theme for Firefox: IE Theme

Fashionable Gekko

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I've been using Opera for years. I've always had bad luck with Firefox.
V Tora Bisu V
Oprea - If you want speed
Chrome - If you want a simple UI & a great time with voice searching
(I use firefox & pale moon) Firefox - Most web developers choose this, but people who aren't web developers tend to use it because its the best browser for add ons.
Pale moon - A slimmed down version of firefox, it focuses on removing useless features from browsers & performance.
Tor/Aviator browser- If you want a ninja like time browsing. (Private browsing mode is the only mode)
Ie- If you want the worst way to browse the internet
If you do like ie's user interface you can use this theme for Firefox: IE Theme

Opera was one of the first browsers to support sync out of the box and tends to be pretty forward looking. Not a bad idea if you like to see new features in browsers, especially ones that don't require a plugin yet still don't slow down performance. Older PC's can usually run Opera so you aren't stuck with something slow (like modern browsers on old PC's) or something shitty (like most browsers outside of Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and IE).

Chrome is nice for web development. I like their built-in developer console and you can get a lot of extensions to do different things like resizing the window to test a page appearance for mobile.

IE actually isn't too bad anymore. It still doesn't quite support standards the way FF, Opera, and Chrome do, but it does make for a good back up browser because it usually supports sites and Flash files that other browsers don't. The performance has come a long way and it does support a lot more of the standards than older versions of IE did.
Chrome is the best! But yea good web developers should support all browsers. Some 2% of the US has javascript turned off, so great web devs support that too.
I still use Opera 12 because after they switched engines i'm missing what feels like 90% of the features that made me use Opera in the first place.
Occasionally i use Firefox (what's up with that new look?) or IE (since 8 or 9 it's a reasonable browser. And it loads faster than FF).
I don't like Chrome - i don't trust Google and i think the look is a little too simple.
I have been using Waterfox lately on my recently-built gaming rig. I had issues with vanilla Firefox which I suspect were related to memory usage. Switched to Waterfox because it's 64-bit and seems to work better on this system... 32GB of RAM total.
It's probably my Google obsession (and the beauty of their developer tools), but I always use Chrome for browsing.

However Firefox is not to be shamed. Mozilla is a great company, doing great things with new developments such as their mobile OS and their documentation and maintenance. They put a LOT of effort into the Mozilla Developer Network and I simply cannot imagine how much worse Javascript would be without that beautiful resource.

Oh and Tor is Mozilla's sexiest little baby.

I do "shake my head at" Opera just because I'm sick in running into issues with incompatibility during development. I just don't even bother testing to see if my apps work in Opera anymore. At least the page displays right with a little normalize.css or reset.css .

In addition I have no problems with IE anymore. Good stuff Microsoft, thanks.

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Used to use firefox. Now I'm trying pale moon.

I've also "switched" back to chrome(mostly just on my smartphone) although I'm debating whether or not to switch to chromium right now for my desktop.

Never used Opera and I've yet to see a reason to.

Not paranoid enough to use Tor yet, but I won't glare at you for using it as long as you know what you're doing.

I make it a rule of thumb to avoid apple related hardware/software(for better or worse). So no Safari.

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
I use Firefox. That's my default browser. I like Chrome and IE but I prefer Firefox's layout.
some of the major internet browsers are as follows

internet explorer
google chrome
firefox
safari

with that said i actually have chrome and firefox and explorer on my computer but i dont use explorer as i dont like the way it works and i have found that most people dont use it anymore either for a variety of reasons

but if you would like a review of the top 10 browsers out there just go to this website here to learn about browsers

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff