Welcome to Gaia! ::

psychic stalker
Five_powered_and_basics
Is there a stark difference between Samsung 840 evo and 840 pro? I have an EVO on my list now, and going by the prices I'll probably keep it that way. Unless pro is significantly better.. but IDK if I'd notice anyway. xD
The EVO is CRAP. From all of the 840 drives, the only ones that are even worth looking at are the 840 Pro Series. NONE of their other drives are worth a ******** cent.
Five_powered_and_basics
Admittedly I have no idea where the storage drive goes sweatdrop is their compatibility like GPUs where basically every modern mobo has a slot for at least one?
Every motherboard has at least two SATA ports. All disk drives these days are SATA drives.
Why do you say EVO is bad? I heard they were good save for TLC flash...
Five_powered_and_basics
psychic stalker
Five_powered_and_basics
Is there a stark difference between Samsung 840 evo and 840 pro? I have an EVO on my list now, and going by the prices I'll probably keep it that way. Unless pro is significantly better.. but IDK if I'd notice anyway. xD
The EVO is CRAP. From all of the 840 drives, the only ones that are even worth looking at are the 840 Pro Series. NONE of their other drives are worth a ******** cent.
Five_powered_and_basics
Admittedly I have no idea where the storage drive goes sweatdrop is their compatibility like GPUs where basically every modern mobo has a slot for at least one?
Every motherboard has at least two SATA ports. All disk drives these days are SATA drives.
Setting aside the fact that TLC flash lasts less than a tenth as long as MLC NAND, the EVO is slow, unreliable, and will s**t the bed in under a year of regular use.
Resistance_2012
I never told anyone to do it I said that Haswell CPUs are known to run hot because of the bad thermal paste on the heat spreader.
Which is not correct. They verifiably run cooler. Even if the thermal paste were inferior, it doesn't matter, because the chip still runs cooler.
psychic stalker
Five_powered_and_basics
psychic stalker
Five_powered_and_basics
Five_powered_and_basics
Setting aside the fact that TLC flash lasts less than a tenth as long as MLC NAND, the EVO is slow, unreliable, and will s**t the bed in under a year of regular use.
Hm, I'm not sure you two are talking about the same thing. Let me give you the full quote:

"Not trying to be rude but whoever said the 840 evo isn't reliable is a bad source. Not only I recommend it but it's recommended by nearly every website out there. Remember Samsung not only manufactures the best flash, their MEX controller is faster than sandforce and more reliable than marvell. Lastly their firmware is as good or better than Intel and they even have the ability to run many applications in SLC mode which is not only faster but uses less cells per block. Does this mean 840 evo or go home? Not really many company's make a great ssd but with Samsung' a aggressive pricing it's hard to recommend otherwise. The ONLY thing your source might be hinting at is the memory is TLC flash vs MLC. TLC has a shorter life span but studies have shown that average heavy users (people who don't constantly write and rewrite to the drive) will get 11 to 12 years out of it. Yes MLC lasts longer but unless you're writing 50 to 60gb of data a day to it your fine. But that's also assuming 120gb drive. 250gb drives have twice the life span. So unless you're dumping videos like creating content to it all day everyday it's not a worry."

EDIT: Same thing as in same factors of the SSD, not same item. xD

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

You just need new cards User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out