Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

"Philosophers once thought the Earth was cubed and if you got too close to the edge,
you would fall off. They were right, till a certain point at least."

Thread Contents

▫▫ Page One ▫▫
▫ Welcome
▫ News & Updates
▫ Guidelines
▫ Quick Links
▫ Species
▫ Breeding
▫ Customs
▫ MiniShops
▫ Roleplay Information
▫ FAQs
▫ Employees
▫ Disclaimer
▫ Affiliates

▫▫ Page Two ▫▫
▫ Events
▫ Auctions
▫ Raffles
▫ Flatsales
▫ Games & Contests

▫▫ Guild ▫▫
Tlvdatsi Guild

User Image

User Image

Latest News

▫▫ JUL.24.12 So...guess what? I have finally returned to Gaia! After an (almost) 3 year hiatus, I am pleased to announce that Tlvdatsi will be re-opening its doors! Please read the NEWS for more information. I'm so glad to be back and can't wait to re-open this lovely shop. <3 Please feel free to send me a pm if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you to everyone who has stuck around through thick and thin, we LOVE you!

Past News & Updates can be found HERE!

User Image

User Image

▫▫ General Shop Rules ▫▫

▫ DO NOT copy this thread layout and content in any shape, way, or form without direct permission from Sindrayth.
      ▫ Follow Gaia's ToS! We are a part of Gaia so these rules must apply.
      ▫ Do not quote anything on the first or second page. Keep quoting to a minimum as to not stretch the page.
      ▫ No fighting and drama in the shop. Be respectful to everyone at all times.
      ▫ Tlvdatsi staff have lives outside of Gaia and the shop so it would be much appreciated if you would respect them and their choices.
      ▫ Art theft (including graphics) is prohibited! This includes the use of any Tlvdatsi lines outside of Gaia.
      ▫ No advertising in the shop please! Keep all advertising in your signature. Affiliates will be taken ONLY by pm to Sindrayth.
      ▫ Keep your Datsis direct linked until full growth!
      ▫ Remember to save each stage of your Datsi to your own computer. We will not be responsible for replacing lost images.
      ▫ No refunds will ever be given as our staff has taken time to work on them.
      ▫ Payment for all Datsis must be received within 24 hours of purchase. If they aren't paid for, they will be re-sold.
      ▫ Do not ask to be a guest colorist. I will seek you out if I like your coloring/edits.
      ▫ Up to two people can co-own a flatsale Datsi and up to three people can co-own an auction Datsi.
      ▫ Selling your Datsi is against the rules. If you wish to disown your pet, please send him/her to Sindrayth for rehoming.
      ▫ When posting images in the thread, please use a thumbnail version linked to the larger image as we do not want to stretch the page. If your server is photobucket, put "th_" in front of the image link and it will be automatically thumbnailed.
      ▫ No actively seeking breeding partners in the main thread. Breeding partners should be found through roleplay in the guild.

▫▫ Thread RP Rules ▫▫

▫ No god-modding!
      ▫ Please keep it PG-13.
      ▫ Try to stay in character. It may be hard sometimes but if your Datsi's personality is shy, don't go bouncing off the walls.
      ▫ Try not to leave anyone out. Give others a chance to join in. Don't be a pushover if they're not doing things "exactly" the way you planned.
      ▫ When roleplaying your Datsi, it is recommended that you use a text color. When out of character, use double brackets around your text ((text goes here)).
      ▫ A minimum of one months time is required before an adult Datsi may search for a mate in RP.
      ▫ Drawings/commissions of Datsis may not be roleplayed if not made from the original lineart. This includes staff using templates and bases.

▫▫ Breeding Rules ▫▫

▫ Click here to read the terms and conditions for breeding.

Terms & Conditions
Greylist
Those who have managed to get themselves placed on the greylist will serve a one month ban from the shop.
▫ Any pets they have will be labeled with an inactive status and cannot participate in RP.
▫ The user may come into the shop but cannot take part in any shop related activities such as flatsales, auctions, raffles, or any other events.
▫ If, after one month, the user has proven to redeem him/herself, he/she will be taken off the greylist and welcomed back into the shop.

Blacklist
Those who have managed to get themselves placed on the blacklist will serve a permanent ban from the shop.
▫ Any pets they have will be considered "dead" within the Gaian community. An exact duplicate of that pet will then be resold.
▫ The user is asked that he/she does not enter the shop again for the good of all Gaian members, and may not take part in any shop related activities such as flatsales, auctions, raffles, or any other events.
▫ If the user has any unfinished pets, they may or may not receive a partial refund.

▫▫ Whitelist ▫▫

▫ All staff and regulars!

▫▫ Greylist ▫▫

▫ None.

▫▫ Blacklist ▫▫

▫ None.

User Image

User Image

▫▫ General Links ▫▫

▫▫ Owner's Corner ▫▫

▫▫ Roleplaying ▫▫
(these are also located in the Roleplay Information post)

User Image

User Image

Please visit the Tlvdatsi Guide for more information about the different types and an in-depth analysis of their daily lives including diets and habitats. Please remember that your Tlvdatsi will grow based on your activity in the thread so stay active!

User Image

Stages

▫▫ Toy ▫▫

Talk: No // Breed: No // Growth: Up to 1 Week
      Description: You enter the old toy shop in Tahlequah Village, which happens to be the only toy shop in town. It is small, the wooden walls were damp and covered with moss. The shopkeeper watches as you walk through the door, and stares at you with a curious expression. You must be the only person who has walked into the shop for many years. Cobwebs covered most of the shelves. A small hand-sewn toy catches your attention. It slouches against the wall in the far corner, staring at you with its gleaming button eyes. You pick up the toy. "It's just a toy", you tell yourself. There's no way a toy could be staring at you, yet somehow you felt the need to purchase it and take it home.

▫▫ Baby ▫▫

Talk: Yes // Breed: No // Growth: 2-4 Weeks
      Description: Strange things have been happening at home ever since you had bought that toy from the old toy shop. Things have gone missing, there were bites taken out of food in the fridge. You keep hearing sounds around the house. Sometimes it was a door opening and closing, and other times footsteps. It has been happening for almost a week and you are getting freaked out by it. One night, you decided to stay up late. You kept your eyes on the toy, and sure enough it had moved like you expected it to. It wiggled and then came to life! You are shocked, the cute little Tlvdatsi looks at you with those gleaming eyes from the toy shop.

▫▫ Child ▫▫

Talk: Yes // Breed: No // Growth: 5-8 Weeks
      Description: After spending some time with the little guy, you finally manage to win the Tlvdatsi's loyalty. Although it is still quite afraid and uncertain sometimes, it has started to speak to you in simple words. If you take the time to get to know it, you will create a bond that cannot be broken, and have a lifelong friend you can depend on.

▫▫ Adult ▫▫

Talk: Yes // Breed: Yes // Growth: N/A
      Description: You have waited so long for this day when your little baby will be all grown up. It's an adult! Love and care has finally brought you to this day. Now that your Tlvdatsi has grown to its full stage, it will start looking for love. Be sure to let it meet others and make friends. You may breed your Tlvdatsi and have a family! This is the final stage of its growth unless an Elder is obtained through roleplaying.

▫▫ Elder ▫▫

Talk: Yes // Breed: Yes // Growth: N/A
      Description: Elders can be obtained through an application process and are only available to qualified active RPers.

User Image

User Image

Quick Navigation
Breeding Rules & FAQs | Permission Thread // Mate Listing | Breeding Hut

▫▫ Breeding Events ▫▫

None.

▫▫ Breeding Information ▫▫

So you want babies, huh? Well you've come to the right place. Datsis have an average of two babies per breeding, but sometimes more if you're lucky. Now, there's a few things you should know before we begin...

First of all, permission must be granted to breed the two Datsis. Please make sure you get permission before coming for breeding! Next, there must be a slot open. If there's no slots, then tough luck you're gonna have to wait. When you obtain a slot, you will need to pay a breeding cost of 16k, meaning 8k per parent.

Now, I've said before that Datsis have an average of two babies per breeding but you can increase your chances of more babies if you have done the following..
        If both parents have at least five documented and completed roleplays, you have a chance of getting three to four baby during breeding!

If both parents have at least ten documented and completed roleplays, and at least two with each other, you have a chance of getting up to six babies during breeding!
            *Please remember that this is all based on luck. You may or may not get extra babies.
      Now if you're ready to begin, please take yourselves to the Breeding Hut to view available slots and fill out the required forms.

User Image

User Image

▫▫ Customs Events ▫▫

▫ None.

▫▫ Customs Information ▫▫

A custom is when you can get a pet colored exactly how you want it, including editing the lines of your pet. You may add jewelery, accessories, and more. You can even get a cosplay character! Customs are open in terms. There are 3 terms a year where customs are open. The first term is in June/July, the second in November/December, and the third in March/April. Terms are usually about a month long, sometimes longer/shorter. You may think that 3 terms isn't a lot of customs time each year, but don't worry! You can also get customs during our "off-terms" through events and random custom weeks!

The prices below are subjected to change without notice. Please check back to keep updated.

Coloring
      Datsi Adult Coloring: 80k (+20k for difficult coloring)
      Azrael Adult Coloring: 150k (+20k for difficult coloring)
      Kumara Adult Coloring: N/A

Datsi Full Growth Coloring: 300k (+30k for difficult coloring)
      Azrael Full Growth Coloring: 500k (+30k for difficult coloring)
      Kumara Full Growth Coloring: N/A

Angelic & Demonic Adult Coloring: 400k (+50k for difficult coloring)
      Angelic & Demonic Growth Coloring: 600k (+50k for difficult coloring)

Edits
      If you would like edits on your customs, please add these to the base prices listed.

15k - minimal edits for basic jewelry only.
      50k - moderate editing of detailed jewelry or basic hair styles.
      100k - difficult editing of extensive jewelry or advanced hair styles.
      150k+ Bribe - basic editing for accessories such as horns, edits in facial expression, altering pose, etc.
      400k+ Bribe - cosplay characters with basic hair and clothing edits.
      500k+ Bribe - cosplay characters with detailed hair and clothing edits.

User Image

User Image
The Shopkeeper Is: OUT
User Image

We currently have no items in stock.

User Image

User Image

User Image▫▫ The Story ▫▫

---Philosophers once thought the Earth was cubed and if you got too close to the edge, you would fall off. They were right, till a certain point at least. A scientist, in an attempt to create life, accidentally summoned a dark spirit into the world. The spirit caused a great disturbance in the Earth's core and the corners of the Earth, where no human has ever thrived to go, broke off and floated into space. Shortly after, the crust and the ozone of the Earth healed rapidly, and the mantle and core followed.

---The corners of the Earth were never seen again. Some say they are still floating around in space, others say they've decayed and disappeared forever. Whatever the reason, the creatures that lived there had somehow found a way back to Earth. Together, they managed to trap the dark spirit into the center of the Earth, and there it stays till this day, holding everyone to the planet. We now know this spirit as Gravity. The creatures, which the villagers called Tlvdatsis, were the heros of the village. There was even some Tlvdatsis that had wings, and others that had aquatic tails! Unfortunately, the Tlvdatsis disappeared one day and were never seen again. None of the villagers knew what happened to them. Every single Tlvdatsi was gone.

---Centuries later, a young boy found an old dusty toy on the shelf of his basement. It was once a very expensive item, made with the greatest love and care. The little toy looked just like the Tlvdatsi he had read in the Village Book of Legends, made by the shopkeeper of the Tahlequah Toyshop. He took the toy to his room, but something strange happened that night. Something he was not expecting. When he woke up, the toy had disappeared. In its place was a beautiful baby Tlvdatsi. It opened its eyes and looked at him as if he was its father. His touch had bonded the Tlvdatsi to him. His eyes widened and he was immediately entranced by what had happened. After a few moments of shock and awe, he realized this was the discovery of a millennium...

▫▫ Roleplay Locations ▫▫

Village
      Tahlequah Village is quite peaceful. Numerous huts clutter the area slowly growing as more Datsi's find owners. The village is centered around the meeting hut, a large hut decorated in native fruits and flowers. The main paths lead South to the forest, South East to the toyshop and playground. Easts towards the Ocean and Palo Beach, North to Meulla River, and North East to the mountains. There are also many small dirt paths leading throughout the village.

Playground
      Just outside the old Tahlequah Village there is a park. It takes the space of several acres and is fenced with a simple wooden two tier fence protected by a great spell. On these grassy fields and cobblestone paths Datsis are free to roam alone or with others. There is a large fountain in the middle of the park. To the North is the path towards the hut village. To the South there's a pond for swimming and fishing, and further beyond that is the forest perfect for hide and seek.

Forest
      South of the Village is a forest spreading out along the river great trees looming. Small animals can be seen darting along the edges. For what is known the forest streches inward for many miles most of it filled with cobwebs and other things to make a Datsi loose it's nerves.

Palo Beach
      A beautiful pink-sand beach with crystal clear water situated off of the shore of the Atlantic Ocean. In warm weather, the beach is a popular hang out spot. Datsis and their owners can be seen swimming, tanning, jogging along the shore, playing with frisbees in the grass, and just simply enjoying the sunshine. In colder weather, the beach is quieter but an excellent location for a picnic or watching the sunset. Rumor has it that mer-creatures live in the underwater caves deep in the ocean, although no one has ever traveled far enough to see them and those who have tried never returned.

Meulla River
      The Meulla River runs through the heart of Tahlequah, downstream from the north towards the Atlantic Ocean. It has many uses, providing the villagers and their Datsis with drinking water and leisure. The river is visible from Tahlequah Village.

Mountains
      N/A

User Image

User Image

▫▫ Can I have one for free? Please?
Only if you earn it in a free game or event. Otherwise you're out of luck.

▫▫ How can I get one?
Please see the Availability post for more details. All events take place on Page 2.

▫▫ Can I just have one right now?
You can often buy customs when the slots are open/available. Otherwise, you have to obtain them like everyone else.

▫▫ How often do you hold a flatsale?
It all depends on how much time the staff has. We try to hold one every month but that doesn't always work out.

▫▫ How long do they take to grow up?
It could take anywhere between a month to over a year. Depends on how active you are in the shop.

▫▫ How does my pet grow?
Your Tlvdatsi grows automatically when the time comes. You will need to save each stage to your own computer. We post growings in the thread and you can CTRL F5 to see their new stage. Remember to keep your Tlvdatsi direct linked until full growth.

▫▫ Can they breed?
Of course! You will need to either wait for a slot or a breeding event.

▫▫ How many babies do they have?
A standard of two, one for each parent to care for. It is possible to have more though.

▫▫ Can I sell or give away my Tlvdatsi baby?
Sure, as long as Sindrayth is notified and the selling is through the shop. The owner will receive 50%, the breeder 25%, and the shop will keep the remaining 25%. It's against the rules to sell a baby on your own.

▫▫ How come I only get 50%?
Selling babies should not be viewed as a 'gold maker'. They need love and care. We are a pet shop, not a baby factory.

▫▫ How do I get a mate for my Tlvdatsi?
Through roleplay, obviously. Roleplays take place in the Tlvdatsi guild. No actively seeking mates in the main thread.

▫▫ Are these RP required?
No. RP is encouraged and will be rewarded, although it's not required.

▫▫ How do I get a familiar?
Familiars are obtained the same way as obtaining a Tlvdatsi. You can find them in flatsales, auctions, raffles, and various games.

▫▫ I'd seen some Tlvdatsis with wings! What's that about?
Winged Tlvdatsis are called Azraels. They are uncommon, but possible to obtain if you stay active and keep your eyes open. You can't get wings for your Tlvdatsi unless they were born with them.

▫▫ I want to affiliate with your shop. How can I do that?
Pm Sindrayth with the affiliate and we will add you. Please remember to put our banner in your shop.

▫▫ Do you do pet trades?
Sometimes. Please pm your requests to Sindrayth along with a link to the shop its from.

▫▫ Can I be a guest colorist?
Please do not ask. I will seek YOU out if I think you have the potential skills to work at the shop.

▫▫ I want a custom Tlvdatsi. How do I get one?
You may get customs when there are slots open. Please see the guild or the availability post for more information.

▫▫ Can anyone join the guild or can only pet owners join?
Absolutely anyone can join the guild! We have a large welcoming community and would love for you to join us.

▫▫ My question wasn't answered here!
Please post your question in the thread and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.

User Image

User Image

Sindrayth (Owner)
Name of Preference: Sindrayth or Sin
"HIII. <3 I'm Sindrayth or Sin, whichever you prefer. I'm a music business major, with a minor in procrastination so if I owe you anything, let me know. I love meeting people, feel free to talk to me if you see me around! Please do not hesitate to send me a pm if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions for the shop."

Puppytier (Roleplay & Breeding Manager)
Name of Preference: Puppy, Ritz or Ever works. :3
"I'm kinda a baby of the group, currently taking a semester break from college. I'm pretty sure I'll be majoring in Computer Science. I apologize I'm a giant hipster when it comes to music oops but I do love to talk about music and other stuff, like really anything, I mean don't be afraid to chat with me please."

MayaMage2 (Senior Colorist | Line Editor)
Name of Preference: Maya
"I'm MayaMage2. But everyone calls me Maya. I've been with Tlvdatsi pretty much since its beginning quite a few years back. I am happiest when I am coloring. However, I am a 26 year old college student, going into my senior year in college and I work in multiple other shops (just ask me which ones XD) so I am always ALWAYS busy. Don't get me wrong though, I love to just hang around and chat when I do have time, so please don't be afraid to approach me, I don't bite... much. XD"

Orangeish Sherbert (Junior Colorist)
Name of Preference: Orangie
"I'm a senior in college, majoring in Business. I love music and musicals and Disney, you can't forget Disney. If you ever need anything, just throw me a PM. o 3o"

Draigathar (Junior Colorist)
Name of Preference: Draig or Draigathar
"Mom of three, recent transplant to Arizona. Work during the day so am usually only around evenings and weekends."

User Image

User Image

Tlvdatsi © Sindrayth 2008.

----------

Lineart © Paper Sun and Jupebox 2008.
Azrael Wing Edits © Misty55 2008.
Toy Lineart © Kamileunaire 2009.
Familiar Lineart © Julian Makoto 2009.

Base Templates © Raiu-Chan 2009

Marketplace Items © Sindrayth 2009.
Shop Mascot © Mia Sharra 2008.

Concept © XxSky_GoddessxX 2008.

Banners and Shop Graphics © Auravae 2009.
Thread Layout © Sindrayth 2008.

Cert © Sindrayth 2009.

User Image

User Image

▫▫ Links In ▫▫
Would you like to affiliate?

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets//t.51623706/]
[img]http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/tlvdatsibc/Graphics/Banner200x40.jpg[/img][/url]

▫▫ Links Out ▫▫
Please pm Sindrayth to affiliate.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out