Dangerous Shapeshifter

What books do you think are overhyped?

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
other than twilight i assume?

id have to say the mortal instruments series. its jsut terrible, but everyone says its just so awesome and the characters have so much depth. its awful, and the characters are awful. i haven't seen the movies, but i have heard they are awful too.

hunger games is a little better, but not by much. it was basically the same basic concept in each book, just a for a different reason, but everyone says its sooooooo awesome and deep. its not. and the ending was kinda a big eff you to the reader.

those are the only two i can think of now.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

lividdarkangel800

id have to say the mortal instruments series. its jsut terrible, but everyone says its just so awesome and the characters have so much depth. its awful, and the characters are awful. i haven't seen the movies, but i have heard they are awful too.

hunger games is a little better, but not by much. it was basically the same basic concept in each book, just a for a different reason, but everyone says its sooooooo awesome and deep. its not. and the ending was kinda a big eff you to the reader.

Just any book really,

I haven't read the Mortal Instruments, mostly because everyone has been raging on about how great it is. I'm not sure if I'd want to invest so much time into 6 novels either.

Hunger games would definitely be on my overhyped list as well! While I enjoyed the first book, the last two fell short for me.

After reading John Green's "Looking for Alaska", I thought that he as an author was overhyped. I liked the Fault in our Stars a little more, but still don't see why everyone's in love with his books. I tried to start An Abundance of Katherines, but couldn't get through it. neutral

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
princess_nevermore
lividdarkangel800

Just any book really,

I haven't read the Mortal Instruments, mostly because everyone has been raging on about how great it is. I'm not sure if I'd want to invest so much time into 6 novels either.

Hunger games would definitely be on my overhyped list as well! While I enjoyed the first book, the last two fell short for me.

After reading John Green's "Looking for Alaska", I thought that he as an author was overhyped. I liked the Fault in our Stars a little more, but still don't see why everyone's in love with his books. I tried to start An Abundance of Katherines, but couldn't get through it. neutral

yeah definitely don't read mortal instruments. its awful. never heard of john green, but fault in our stars is sooooooo not my type of book. i do like Orson Scot Card, but i think he is kinda over hyped to. all his book have the same tone; he can only do one kind of feel in his books. they r good for now, but im sure ill get tired of it real soon.

Dapper Shopper

8,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
I hate Jane Austen novels about husband-hunting. Very overhyped in some circles.

RadiantFlare's Spouse

Tipsy Streaker

10,325 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
50 shades of gray.
Yuck.

More like 50 shades of ******** abuse.

Questionable Prophet

The Mortal Instrument series, I almost finished the first book, but it was just eh.

The Divergent series. The first book was so predictable. I'm not even remotely interested in reading the next book.

I also feel like Neil Gaiman is over hyped just a little bit. I have loved some of this book, but I've also been completely disappointed by many. Same with Terry Pratchett.

House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski I haven't read more than maybe the first 20 or so pages, but it just seems like one of those books that people said they enjoyed just so they don't have to admit that it was hard to understand with all the little writing trick.

Same with Ulysses by James Joyce.
"Oh, it's such a good book because few people understand it and it describes a character taking a s**t." So good. Much literary.
50 shades is my top one

Fluffy Trickster

lividdarkangel800

I agree with mortal instrument, it's boring.
Only read the first book and drop the series.
The book just isn't interesting enough.

There's many other better book they could have make movie of...

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Sileaf
lividdarkangel800

i know right? i hated it, but i think Eon would be a pretty cool movie. if they did it right better than the books. maze runner was a n awful book, but the movie was pretty good.

In a relationship with davidmerwin

Shameless Bookworm

25,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
twilight
anything by james patterson
the notebook
the fault in our stars
I enjoyed the hunger games books but I found they were not as good as people were raving about.

Twilight was just awful.

Fluffy Trickster

lividdarkangel800
Sileaf
lividdarkangel800

i know right? i hated it, but i think Eon would be a pretty cool movie. if they did it right better than the books. maze runner was a n awful book, but the movie was pretty good.

never read them or watch maze runner sweatdrop
so I don't have opinion on them

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Sileaf
lividdarkangel800
Sileaf
lividdarkangel800

ugh,. dont. theyre both terrible.

never read them or watch maze runner sweatdrop
so I don't have opinion on them

Fluffy Trickster

lividdarkangel800

ugh,. dont. theyre both terrible.

I don't plan to read them as the summary don't interest me

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash