Welcome to Gaia! ::

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Actually, I wouldn't like a continuation. But I would like a book about the founders of Hogwarts and how they decided to build the school and have a little more backstory on Salazar (forgive me if I spelled that wrong) Slytherin building the Chamber of Secrets.

Ruthless Darling

13,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • PvP 200
Well, if there were to be a continuation of some sort then I wouldn't not read it that's for sure xd If it should happen? I don't know.

I didn't even read Book 7 because I was angry about Dumbledore's death but now I'm over it so maybe someday I'll go and finish the series...

Devoted Phantom

What I would love is if she would write some prequel books. A Tom Riddle/Voldemort centered one preferably. I think it would be really interesting to see exactly what caused this young man to go on to become the snake like Voldemort. I want to see how his parents influenced him, what the orphanage was like, his years at Hogwarts and what exactly led to him starting to kill.

Ferocious Browser

i thought the epilogue was awful. she went way too far into the future. i was hoping more for an immediate wrap up, like what careers they got and such.

what i do want are the textbooks mentioned in the series. and this time i would like actual books, not like the 'beasts and where to find them' one which is like a 1/4 inch thick. there's no way a high school boarding school would actually assign as that as a textbook. that was just silly.
Sugar-Coated Accident
I'll admit that I put off reading the last book for a long time because I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the characters and the world. But at the same time, I don't see any reason for Rowling to return to it. Everything wrapped up neatly, and I think that if she did try to pull more material out of it, it might just feel forced or contrived. And that's never a good thing.

Agreed, mostly. I do think she has such a well fleshed out world, she could possible do it without it sucking though. I dunno. It could go either way.

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100

I wouldn't mind it. In fact, i'd campaign for it.
Marauder generation, or Next generation, i'd love it!

Witty Werewolf

9,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Big Tipper 100
It was already getting stretched out with the unnecessarily massive quests in the mega-thick books 6 & 7. It's already been milked for more than it's worth. There do not need to be new Harry Potter books.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Raye Delvego
There's already a continuation that Rowling has approved based on Harry's first born son James. it's by G. Norman Lippert.
I started the first book in that series. It's... not bad, but it reads a bit weird.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
La Dame Lut
Raye Delvego
There's already a continuation that Rowling has approved based on Harry's first born son James. it's by G. Norman Lippert.
I started the first book in that series. It's... not bad, but it reads a bit weird.

I know I started to read them. But it's a continuation nonetheless hahaha.
I wouldn't mind some backstory kind of stuff (the founding of the school, the stories of the professors, parents, Voldemort, etc.., maybe some of the stories of the various ghosts (their time in school and until they died, how they died, their time as ghosts in the school, etc..), and so on..). I'm kind of torn on a continuation and think it could either be a smashing success or total flop, depending on how it's done/what sort of antagonist/plot twist is put in, but I'd almost rather it just be left as is because if it is a flop, it'll put a sour taste on the whole series, at least for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff