Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

Lumenuisance
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
The Fellowship of the Ring and all the books in the series.

Same for me with tFotR, to me it was really boring and found it difficult to want to finish it (guess it might also be my fault for watching the films first), but kinda had to for an online course about Tolkien. Now I'm not so sure if I should even bother with the other two books.

I read like 200 or 300 pages of it. I'm not sure, I just know that I got to the point where I only had something like a 100 pages to read and then I Just had to stop.
I'll probably attempt them again.
The movies probably ruined them for me too. sweatdrop

Timid Kitten

5,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
I cannot get through Dracula or Lolita. Dracula I just found boring, and Lolita I just found very, very disturbing. It made me really uncomfortable.

Eloquent Muse

I'm sure this is obvious, but Twilight. I reached about middle, when Bella was complaining about the "squashy green stuff" blocking her favorite color. That is exactly how she called the grass. emotion_facepalm

Also speaking of vampire novels, I borrowed one from the library. Forgot the name. It got to a point where a female vampire entered a man's bedroom through his window and either she was already topless or became topless. If I remember right, it was more a "Hey, I'm topless for no reason because vampires are sexy."

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring was also difficult to read the first time. When I finally managed to, my mind would always wander. I love and respect you, Tolkien, but you're confusing as hell.

Stephen King's The Cell I forced myself to finish. His writing comes off as so arrogant to me. Like he was smirking over the top of the book at me. I love the movies based off his books, though.
I loved the movie "Interview with the Vampire," so I bought several books in the series. I read the first one, and it at least held my interest, because it was like the movie but more detailed. The second book was "The Vampire Lestat." I just couldn't find anything redeemable about it. I literally had 8 pages left and just quit. I couldn't even make myself care. I gathered up the rest of the books I'd bought and took them to a book store to sell them. The woman rolled her eyes and got really huffy, even though they were brand new books. Guess I wasn't the only one unimpressed by Anne Rice.

Also, one year for Christmas my mother gave me a novel by L. Ron Hubbard. You know, the guy who made up the religion of Scientology. My mother is a super devout Southern Baptist, so I was stunned. She was all excited and saying I'd love it because it was science fiction. Well, I read a little bit of it, but it was just so stupid and boring. All that happened was an old man walked home in the rain from work, tripped and fell down some stairs into the ground where some knights were standing around to do his bidding. Clearly the guy just had a concussion, right? It was a sad book. I gave it to Goodwill. lol

Friendly Cat

6,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I tried to read the Tale of Genji back in high school... I couldn't get through the first 20 pages... The writing style is so archaic that it requires a great deal of patience and determination in order to finish it. Not to mention, it has around 2,000 pages split into two volumes with a rather tiny font...

Lupine Genius

Have to agree with those mentioning Stephen King books. I've tried to read 4 different ones, couldn't finish any of them. No idea why.
i love reading and when i get to these question i think, there are sadly a lot of books i pushed myself through. Black City Elizabeth Richards it started good but by near the middle/end i wanted to throw the book away and ask for my time back.

Irregular Lunatic

15,275 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Marathon 300
I tried reading the entire "Atlas Shrug" but it bored the heak out of me, so far all I got were relationship issues and railroad problems also some guy name John Galt or something, I have only read half way and stopped, this book is srsly to detailed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff