Redbird is bi, blast it! 0.037142857142857 3.7% [ 13 ]
Redbird is a God-Mode Sue who must fry and die! 0.27428571428571 27.4% [ 96 ]
Who is Redbird? 0.38571428571429 38.6% [ 135 ]
Other 0.15714285714286 15.7% [ 55 ]
Total Votes:[ 350 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 53 54 55 > >>

Beloved Seeker

User Image

✧ Childish as it sounds, I want you to hold me tight...

That repulsive serious is a zit on the face of literature. <,<
I enjoyed the first few books, but they were just mindless fluff for me. Entertainment only, pretty much. But as I became more....jaded, I suppose, I began to identify everything wrong with that series. And other book series, as well. I realized how shallow the plot is, how one-dimensional the characters are, how annoying the main character is, and just what a waste of time the book is in general. I didn't even like the vampire....or should I say, vampyre, lore in the books. I didn't like how they just got blasted in the fact with a mark and suddenly they were vampires. And since when do vampires follow a religion, or a deity of some sort? Their souls are technically lost, making them doomed to Hell. The teenage angst and pettiness took a toll on my nerves, too. Zoey pisses and moans about everything and anything she can find. Man, if I was half of the s**t she was, I'd be living it up. The fact that Zoey was a little cheating whore bothered me too. Not all girls are like that, and she didn't really have to suffer too badly because Erik went running back to Zoey. I mean, look at Rose from the Vampire Academy series. She either almost or did give her blood to one of the vampire students and everyone called her a blood whore and was completely awful to her about it- and she learns from that mistake. Which I could actually see happening, the rumors and lesson learned alike. Zoey has sex- with a teacher, on top of it- somewhere in the school building, and the only person that gets mad is Erik. Only not really. I was laughing when Zoey was telling Erik, "He loves me. You don't know what you're talking about," and then later when she overhears Loren and Neferit's ulterior motive she freaks out. I was like "LOL, you dumb b***h." But the fact she's so easily forgiven for the stuff she does is just irritating. It was unrealistic and annoying. Zoey is an irresponsible teen who doesn't deserve half of the stuff she has. If our world was actually in danger from some raven controlling freak, I wouldn't feel assured knowing some seventeen year old slutty moron was our supposed savior.

...and make all of my nightmares disappear.✧

User Image
Call me Rainleaf
User Image

I enjoyed the first few books, but they were just mindless fluff for me. Entertainment only, pretty much. But as I became more....jaded, I suppose, I began to identify everything wrong with that series. And other book series, as well. I realized how shallow the plot is, how one-dimensional the characters are, how annoying the main character is, and just what a waste of time the book is in general. I didn't even like the vampire....or should I say, vampyre, lore in the books. I didn't like how they just got blasted in the fact with a mark and suddenly they were vampires. And since when do vampires follow a religion, or a deity of some sort? Their souls are technically lost, making them doomed to Hell. The teenage angst and pettiness took a toll on my nerves, too. Zoey pisses and moans about everything and anything she can find. Man, if I was half of the s**t she was, I'd be living it up. The fact that Zoey was a little cheating whore bothered me too. Not all girls are like that, and she didn't really have to suffer too badly because Erik went running back to Zoey. I mean, look at Rose from the Vampire Academy series. She either almost or did give her blood to one of the vampire students and everyone called her a blood whore and was completely awful to her about it- and she learns from that mistake. Which I could actually see happening, the rumors and lesson learned alike. Zoey has sex- with a teacher, on top of it- somewhere in the school building, and the only person that gets mad is Erik. Only not really. I was laughing when Zoey was telling Erik, "He loves me. You don't know what you're talking about," and then later when she overhears Loren and Neferit's ulterior motive she freaks out. I was like "LOL, you dumb b***h." But the fact she's so easily forgiven for the stuff she does is just irritating. It was unrealistic and annoying. Zoey is an irresponsible teen who doesn't deserve half of the stuff she has. If our world was actually in danger from some raven controlling freak, I wouldn't feel assured knowing some seventeen year old slutty moron was our supposed savior.

User Image

Welcome to the thread, Rainleaf.
This is what Y.A Literature in general has begun to lack, consequences for the cast of their world, which gets increasingly irritating as long as it goes unchecked.

This is pretty much why i'd stick with the world of Skulduggery Pleasant(by Derek Landy) or the Camp Half-Blood meta-series(by the likes of Old-man Rick Riordan!) because they actually have consequences for the cast, both good and bad.

Beloved Seeker

Javier Cross
Call me Rainleaf
User Image

User Image

This is what Y.A Literature in general has begun to lack, consequences for the cast of their world, which gets increasingly irritating as long as it goes unchecked.

This is pretty much why i'd stick with the world of Skulduggery Pleasant(by Derek Landy) or the Camp Half-Blood meta-series(by the likes of Old-man Rick Riordan!) because they actually have consequences for the cast, both good and bad.

Hello there. I realize that I always have to come into a thread with some obnoxious, long winded response. /sniff XD
It does get irritating, and more unrealistic. I want to be able to relate to the main character, if not a little, throughout the story. Zoey was completely unrelatable in so many ways. I started reading the Percy Jackson series, but it was near the end of the school year, so I didn't have much time for reading and such. I'll have to read it sometime this summer. I'm also a massive Harry Potter fan, I must add.
Call me Rainleaf
Javier Cross
Call me Rainleaf
User Image

User Image

Hello there. I realize that I always have to come into a thread with some obnoxious, long winded response. /sniff XD
It does get irritating, and more unrealistic. I want to be able to relate to the main character, if not a little, throughout the story. Zoey was completely unrelatable in so many ways. I started reading the Percy Jackson series, but it was near the end of the school year, so I didn't have much time for reading and such. I'll have to read it sometime this summer. I'm also a massive Harry Potter fan, I must add.

I have already read the first Camp Half-Blood fable before you did, but i am glad that we found many matters to agree on.

I can't believe that HoN in particular even managed to forget a lot of the vital points in the Potter-world, for that matter.

I too want to be able to properly relate to the overall cast, even if i don't always find myself agreeing with their actions or their methods, but apparently with the Y.A section in particular being besieged by naggers doing the writing, its too much to ask for, apparently.

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
Javier Cross
WickedREMY
You know, I meant to look at the library for these books to see how bad they really were, but it completely slipped my mind. I had the nagging feeling I'd forgotten to do something, but the book I had on hold from another library (Plague by Michael Grant) finally came in and I didn't think on it too much.

So if I may make an (undereducated) contribution to the Native American discussion:

If you're a quarter Native American, you're still eligible for the license. Which I would assume means you also identify as that particular race. A third is larger than a quarter...

And I would know all this because I'm quarter Chippewa. cool

Thanks for coming in, Remy.
So is there more to add to the topics on hand?

I'll contribute something more useful whenever I remember to look it up...
WickedREMY
Javier Cross
WickedREMY
You know, I meant to look at the library for these books to see how bad they really were, but it completely slipped my mind. I had the nagging feeling I'd forgotten to do something, but the book I had on hold from another library (Plague by Michael Grant) finally came in and I didn't think on it too much.

So if I may make an (undereducated) contribution to the Native American discussion:

If you're a quarter Native American, you're still eligible for the license. Which I would assume means you also identify as that particular race. A third is larger than a quarter...

And I would know all this because I'm quarter Chippewa. cool

Thanks for coming in, Remy.
So is there more to add to the topics on hand?

I'll contribute something more useful whenever I remember to look it up...

Please do that.
I'm almost done reading Dracula, and one of these days i may as well throw HoN against the Orks of Warhammer, agreed?

Sparkly Vampire

6,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I just finished reading "Hunted" finally. Oh my god it was terrible. I also couldn't believe how many mistakes there were in it...
On to "Tempted". Wish me luck.
ll E p i c Loot ll
I just finished reading "Hunted" finally. Oh my god it was terrible. I also couldn't believe how many mistakes there were in it...

Good luck, Loot.
And if it helps, you could always try to do a femslash!-fic involving Redbird and Aphrodite together, to rinse out the fail.

Sparkly Vampire

6,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Javier Cross
ll E p i c Loot ll

Good luck, Loot.
And if it helps, you could always try to do a femslash!-fic involving Redbird and Aphrodite together, to rinse out the fail.

Thanks xD
Hahah! That could work.
ll E p i c Loot ll
Javier Cross
ll E p i c Loot ll

Good luck, Loot.

Thanks xD
Hahah! That could work.

Besides, didn't the casts actually(and indirectly) admitted that Redbird was bi and apparently wants Aphrodite, to begin with?

Sparkly Vampire

6,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Javier Cross
ll E p i c Loot ll
Javier Cross
ll E p i c Loot ll

Good luck, Loot.

Thanks xD
Hahah! That could work.

Besides, didn't the casts actually(and indirectly) admitted that Redbird was bi and apparently wants Aphrodite, to begin with?

Did they really? Lmao that would be awesome xD Now no guy OR girl is safe from her. Uh oh.
ll E p i c Loot ll
Javier Cross
ll E p i c Loot ll
Javier Cross
ll E p i c Loot ll

Good luck, Loot.

Thanks xD
Hahah! That could work.

Did they really? Lmao that would be awesome xD Now no guy OR girl is safe from her. Uh oh.

If it makes it all cleared up, you can plot out trying to write out a Zoey/Aphrodite romance, if you like.
Besides, Redbird's tolerability levels will skyrocket once the truth breaks out.
'Know what i believe inside, I'm awake and i'm alive!'

So ready to discuss more about the series?
We need to keep this thread alive, everyone!
Never read it. Probably never will. In fact, it's going to be a long time before I even touch a book about vampires. I just can't take it seriously anymore.

I still like Dracula, though. I'm old school like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff