Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm 3 books in and I've never talked to anyone about it..

mad_chad16's Fangirl

Blessed Wife

Se4Queen

I recently finished the third book, but I got some books for Christmas so I stopped reading the series and am now taking a break to read other books biggrin

Isn't the series amazing? I watched the shows first so that's kind of how I envision everything, but Martin is a great author. He creates a very believable, rich environment and his foreshadowing is really cool. Granted, there are some extraneous characters and I forget some of the very background characters, but his developed characters are described really well.

What do you think so far?
biggrin

Blessed Raider

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bidding War 100
Read all 5 books, 3 chapters on the 6th one, that were available in GRRM's app and, website.

I'm willing to discuss without any spoielrs. :v
Third book was great, what are your hopes for the story?
I love finding other people who have read A Song of Ice and Fire.

Who are your top three favorite characters so far and why?

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
When will George release the next book? I heard rumors about him having memory problems.

12,625 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Mage 100
Lady_Brighteyes
When will George release the next book? I heard rumors about him having memory problems.

I heard that the sixth book will not be released this year, I not sure if it will come out next year either, if I were you I'd stop waiting for this books, cause you're gonna be waiting for nothing for many years, just forget about the wait, and pick a different book to read, all these rumors aren't gonna help, the last rumor I heard is that there's gonna be an eighth book, that's basically when I killed the my hype and decided to move on.

Greedy Giver

I'm going to try my best to not drop any spoilers into this post. I really want to try to spoil everything for everyone concerning this series, except for my brother (who has seen the show and MIGHT read some of the books SOMEDAY) so I'm going to pretend your my brother. (warning: if you reply to this, I'll probably drop spoilers)

so... not spoiling anything...

Arya is the s**t.
I say this because I felt this way after seeing the first two seasons of the show and reading the first few chapters of the book so that is so not spoiling anything. its TOTALLY just completely my opinion.

Arya is like everything I would have loved and admired when I was her age.

and I'm not so sure if this is bordering on the edge of *spoiler* but the shows kinda ******** up the story line. like, a lot.
but thats not really a spoiler because the books are always better than the TV-version.

Oh, and Shae is a whore.

(DAMN, ok I'm leaving now)

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
Max Rapscallion
Lady_Brighteyes

I heard that the sixth book will not be released this year, I not sure if it will come out next year either, if I were you I'd stop waiting for this books, cause you're gonna be waiting for nothing for many years, just forget about the wait, and pick a different book to read, all these rumors aren't gonna help, the last rumor I heard is that there's gonna be an eighth book, that's basically when I killed the my hype and decided to move on.

Oh I've already moved on to a different series ages ago. It's just upsetting that two authors that I like are having memory issues: Pratchett and Martin.

Quotable Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
The books are great and I think that the shows really do them justice, as well as have something of their own to add to the mix.

So are you guys all readers or do you roleplay as well?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff