Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

People Counter

+1 0.60416666666667 60.4% [ 29 ]
Shmeah. Just want the gold. 0.39583333333333 39.6% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 48 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37 38 39 > >>

User ImageIntroductionUser Image

The Oracle has been said to write down the stories of people’s lives, to spin a complicated web of events that will happen to them. So what happens when a new Oracle takes the old one’s place? Nothing…except for a few errors in people’s lives.
In a paradise called “the Haven” live beautiful gods and goddesses. In lush forests, lovely waterfalls, and luxurious palaces content can be found. The only way to get here is to be taken by a god or goddess, someone who already resides there.
In a wretched place called “Hael,” the Fallen reside. This is where all humans fear they’ll end up when they die. Craggy rocks, pits of flame, the place models a nightmare come true.
Earth, the human’s planet, is full of disease and death. Once a beautiful place, humans have let it decay. Oh, there still are nice places to live, but half the world is a third world country.

User ImageIntro / Story / Rules / Profile Skeletons / Accepted Profiles / Parts Available|Taken / Banners / Black and White List / News / ReservedUser Image

User Image

Stories

[You are a god…]
Bound to marry a goddess, you’re set on finding something better. What could be better than a new Oracle? You pray hard and wish granted, the Oracle messed up your life story, giving you a chance to live life as you want. Date a human girl, who’s stopping you?

[You are a goddess…]
Arranged marriages suck, don’t they? You love your god-friends, but not in that way. You grew up with them for Haven’s sake! What’s a gorgeous goddess to do? Wish she was human? Nope, just hope the new Oracle screws up your life story too. Which she does, inevitably. Human boys, ready or not, here come your dreams come true.

[You are a fallen…]
Outcasts forever, no amount of the Oracle’s mistakes can fix your life story. Oh well. Take some joy away from those snobby little gods and goddesses. Their pain is your joy, their pain being the key words here. Start a riot, ruin a happy ending, it’s not like your life can get any better.

[You are a human…]
Unaware of the crisis in the mythical world, you continue your boring, normal life. Then, all of a sudden, BAM! A gorgeous guy or girl moves in and tries to seduce you. Are you going to give into temptation, or fight this beautiful stranger?

Basic Rundown
The Havenly beings are going to Earth and find a human lover. The Fallen are going to cause trouble in this game of love, maybe by seducing the chosen human first? Who knows. Uh oh…sooner or later, the Oracle will get the stories back in order. Will you fight back and try and find her, or realize the grass isn’t greener on the other side?

[Note: check the News post for updates on the plot line, so you know when the Oracle has gotten things right and other important things.]
[[Side note: You will not find the Oracle right away, and to find her, you MUST have a human with you. She is very well hidden, and be warned, the way to find her will require sacrifices from both of you. Not to mention the Fallen trying to stop you.]]
[[Side note #two: If you are a god, goddess, or Fallen, you do not know what Earth is like. So don’t write: “The young god slipped his iPod ear buds in and moved to the beat.” A god will not know what an iPod is. Human things are new to you, you will get used to them eventually. Think of it as learning a new language.]]

Intro / Story /Rules / Profile Skeletons / Accepted Profiles / Parts Available|Taken / Banners / Black and White List / News / Reserved

User Image
User ImageRulesUser Image

User ImageKiki and I are the “goddesses” [or whatever you want to call us] of this role-play, what we say goes. User Image
User ImageFollow the Gaia ToS.User Image
User ImageNo god-modding, auto-hitting or dodging. Give the person a chance, we don’t want this: She punched him with her fist, driving her knife into his arm then jumping back. OR, He dodged her attack and stabbed her legs, paralyzing her. You are going to get hit, but you will have your chance to fight back, mnkay? User Image
User ImageNo cybering, please take it to PMs or time lapse. User Image
User ImageRomance is a requirement if you are one of the characters looking for love. User Image
User ImageCussing to a minimum, we don’t need to create a Godfather here. User Image
User ImageFighting is okay, but please spare everyone the gory details. User Image
User ImageIf you are a goddess, please make your pic look like one, no gothic wings or red eyes, same goes for gods; as for fallen, you aren’t going to be heavenly if you’re fallen. [If there is a tiny difference, such as the eye color of your pic, but you want that pic, just say “change the eyes to blue,” or something. User Image
User ImagePlease keep to one race, so no neko-vampire-demon-whatnot mixes. If you want to cross breed, please okay it with either me or Kiki. User Image
User ImagePM all profiles to Lunar_Illusion [me] titled, “Who is the Oracle?” and be sure to add <3 [the the emoction, I literally mean a <3] somewhere so I know you read this. User Image
OOC should be indicated with [{( or whatever. Just be sure to let us know when you are out of character. User Image
User ImageThis is a long term role-play, do not post once or twice then leave. If you cannot post at least one three time a week [with exception of emergencies, in which case you would tell one of us, we’ll understand if your computer crashes or something of that sort] please find a new role-play. User Image
User ImageLiteracy is a must-have. No, we don’t want a whole novel each post, but there are no such things as one-liners. Yes, writer’s block will happen, but we are expecting two sentences per post, and that’s not a lot to ask for. If you cannot capitalize and use punctuation please go to http://www.dailygrammar.com/ and learn. Spelling errors are okay, everyone makes them, but we do not want to see “txt tlk” or “733T SP33K.” User Image
User ImageOne character for now, if we need more people or characters we will discuss it in the “News” post. User Image
User ImageThat’s it, send in your profiles and when you’ve been accepted, feel free to post.User Image

User Image Intro / Story / Rules / Profile Skeletons / Accepted Profiles / Parts Available|Taken / Banners / Black and White List / News / Reserved User Image

User Image

Profile Skeleton

[b][My mother named me…][/b]
<insert true name, humans don’t necessarily need one>
[b][But I am called…][/b]
<other name or nickname>
[b][I’m not getting any younger…][/b]
<age, goddesses and gods will have regular ages>
[b][I’m special…][/b]
< what are you? i.e. god, goddess, fallen, or human; if you are a god, goddess, or fallen, you may have up to two powers>
[b][I’m going to be me, sorry that’s hell for you…][/b]
<personality>
[b][These are the best!...][/b]
<likes>
[b][Things like this exist? I vote we kill them…][/b]
<dislikes>
[b][Life’s not perfect…][/b]
<bio, at least two good sentences, please>
[b][When I look at my reflection in the mirror…][/b]
<appearance, please try not and stretch the page, goddesses, gods, and Fallen, if you have inhuman things on your true self picture, please find a “human” appearance>
[b][I am but a puppet…][/b]
<username>

Intro / Story / Rules / Profile Skeletons / Accepted Profiles / Parts Available|Taken / Banners / Black and White List / News / Reserved

User Image
User ImageProfiles AcceptedUser Image

THE ORACLE

[My mother named me…]
<N/A>
[But I am called…]
<The Oracle>
[I’m not getting any younger…]
<N/A>
[I’m special…]
<Goddess>
[I’m going to be me, sorry that’s hell for you…]
<N/A>
[These are the best!...]
<N/A>
[Things like this exist? I vote we kill them…]
<N/A>
[Life’s not perfect…]
<N/A>
[When I look at my reflection in the mirror…]
User Image
[I am but a puppet…]
<iKiki_iKawaii>

Goddesses

[My mother named me…]
< Saraiyu Balitang >
[But I am called…]
< Sarai >
<17 years >
[I’m special…]
<Goddess; she can make you forget recent events in your life, no matter how big, so long as they have happened in the past month >
<She’s flirty and playful, she can makes friends with those who are willing to be friends with her. She’s kind and caring, won’t lead you on about things. >
[These are the best!...]
<Any fruits, stars, the moons, waterfalls, hot springs, white, sandy beaches, and little plushies >
<Spinach, broccoli, snakes, spiders, cruelty to animals, and needles >
[Life’s not perfect…]
< Sarai grew up with her god and goddess friends, daughter to a powerful god and the goddess of beauty. Her mother was a bit vain, but she loved Sarai very much. Her father wasn’t home that much, but when he was they were the happiest times of her childhood. >
<User Image>
[I am but a puppet…]
< Lunar_Illusion >

[My mother named me…]
Jade Ella Zircon
[But I am called…]
Jade
[I’m special…]
Goddess, control of water and greenry.
Jade is usually serious and analyzes everything no matter how small. You'd usually find her spacing out and thinking.
[These are the best!...]
Quiet and Water Lillies, playing the Lyre.
Sharp Raspy loud noise, talkative people.
[Life’s not perfect…]
Jade gets along with her family when she sees them, but usually chose to be alone. This way, she grew apart from her relatives. Though she enjoyed company, not that many people spoke to her and she was usually seen alone, laying on top of the water.
User Image
Human Appearance
[I am but a puppet…]
LostMyMind26

[My mother named me…]
<Namiisa Bella Callaghan>
[But I am called…]
<Nami>
<18 years old>
[I’m special…]
< Goddess; She can communicate with anyone through their minds as well as read them; she has to have eye contact.>
<Nami is very outgoing, but at times she can be shy and quiet. She is very kind and thoughtful. Nami is extremely intelligent, but can think too hard at times.>
[These are the best!...]
<Intelligent people, nice weather, animals, the ocean>
<People who say things before they think, stuck-up people who think they better than others>
[Life’s not perfect…]
<Nami rarely talks to her family, and when she does, they never look at her because of her powers. People who know about her powers tend to look away when she passes them.>
<User Image(Just ignore the 'Moon Goddess' written on it.)
Human Appearance>
[I am but a puppet…]
<Fragrance Of A Rose>

Gods

[My mother named me…]
<Derick Xavier>
[But I am called…]
<Derick>
<19>
[I’m special…]
<God; Can control flame.>
<Derick is one to be very serious yet passionate about the things he puts his mind to. Most would call him a ladies man, with his caring personality and charm (not to mention good looks). However, people also says he thinks himself far more superior than any other person, god, or goddess...but he is isn't he?&
[These are the best!...]
<Derick likes reading, writing, peace, and girls
<Being told what to do, loud noises, annoying people>
[Life’s not perfect…]
<Derick lived a decent childhood, having both parents around. However, he wasn't exactly what they had in mind with his shyness and lack of words at times. But that didn't stop him from doing what he wanted; and now being the God of fire, he feels as if nothing can bring him down.>
<User Image>
[I am but a puppet…]
<queen of the drama>

[My mother named me…]
<Seth Forster>
[But I am called…]
<Seth>
<20>
[I’m special…]
<God of the Skies (Weather and such...)>
<Seth is a jokester, and loves to pull pranks on those who are helpless and can't defend themselves. Very adventurous and daring. Caring towards those who he cares about, and sarcastic and crude toward those who get on his bad side.>
[These are the best!...]
<Pranks, laughter, girls, romance>
<Books, rejection>
[Life’s not perfect…]
<Losing his mother as a kid, he never really got into the seriousness of life, and only the jokes and pranks that usual teens pull. However, when he found out that he was to be wed to Jade, he tried maturing some, but who knows where that leads>
<User Image>
[I am but a puppet…]
<queen of the drama>

[My mother named me…]
<Jin Ichibara>
[But I am called…]
<Crimson>
<19>
[I’m special…]
< God, control of lightning and incredible speed>
<Calm and collected, when in a fight he seems like a completely different person, a cold and heartless person.>
[These are the best!...]
<Apples>
<nothing really>
[Life’s not perfect…]
<Jin was never a normal God. His family was one of the poorest, but his powers earned him much respect. A blade in hand, Jin always seemed to interfere with the human wars, fighting for one side, and destroying the other. When he first felt the warmth of human blood he knew he would not be a peaceful god. One thing happened, that Jin is trying to prevent from happening again. During a battle, he stepped in, but something happened to him. He became engulfed in a sudden rage. When he awoke, the countries were gone. Destroyed by his own hands, giving him the name 'Kingdom Killer.'>
<User Image
The demon he turns into in the fits of rage.>
[I am but a puppet…]
<Dark Lord Ryu>

Fallen

[My mother named me --]
    <Kazen Axle Rayne>
    [But I am called --]
    <Kazen>
    [I’m not getting any younger -- ]
    <18>
    [I’m special -- ]
    <Fallen>
    [I’m going to be me, sorry that’s hell for you --]
    <Calculating and keen, quick to snap and has a nasty temper. Kazen is impatient and cruel, merciless and malevolent, he likes to get his way or he'll get angry. Charming and romantic to girls, he is sly and quick - witted. Mischevious and a bit devilish in his own way, Kazen can be poetic if you catch him at the right moment. Other than that, he has an attitude and can make girls swoon for him at the very first sight. Deadly and smart in battle, he is one of the most dangerous Fallen and is somebody to be feared. Wicked and doesn't like to be treated like an underdog. Can be sadistic when he is fighting, or merciless to those weak and sniveling wimps. Does not trust easily and can appear dark to those he isn't very fond of. At other times, he can be quite easy - going, but that is very rare for somebody to see. Kazen is easy to piss off, and he can be very arrogant. In truth, he can be a bit whiny in some situations. He is aware of his surroundings and takes in all the information he can get before planning out his strikes or next move. Kazen has an icy reputation.>
    [These are the best! -- ]
    <Rain, The dark, Blood, Gloomy days, Himself, Black>
    [Things like this exist? I vote we kill them. -- ]
    <Bright colors, gods && godesses, annoying people, smart - alecks, cute animals>
    [Life’s not perfect -- ]
    <Kazen was once a good person, but he was influenced by the works of Hael, which turned his heart black and twisted with vain. After that, he was banished to Hael because of his attempt to kill a god, and he has hated the divine beings ever since. He bares a collar around his neck because of the evil deed, and that has marked him merciless ever since. He never knew his parents, because it was rumored that they either had left or died when he was born, so a godess decided to take care of him instead. Kazen was only taken to Haven four times, but he learned which god did this and so on and so forth. He grew jealous of their powers, and when he was seventeen he made an attempt to kill a young and un - experienced god that had grown close to him. Kazen failed, and he was banished to Hael where he learned the news of a new Oracle on the move.>
    [When I look at my reflection in the mirror -- ]
    && . Kazen
    [I am but a puppet -- ]
    <x__J ii n x>

Humans

[My mother named me…]
<Madison Katharine Hale>
[But I am called…]
<Madison>
<17>
[I’m special…]
<Human>
<Madison is very reclusive and doesn't really talk to anybody else. She is outgoing and talkative around the people she loves and she's cold hearted and quiet around everyone else. It takes her awhile to make friends because she doesn't like to open up to new people.>
[These are the best!...]
<Her iPod, quiet places, her room, and the lock on her door.>
<Her flute, and people who bother her..>
[Life’s not perfect…]
<Madison is an only child who is spoiled immensely by her parents. She tries to get away from them as much as possible. She loves music because it helps her get away from it all.>
<Madison>
[I am but a puppet…]
<iKiki_iKawaii>

[My mother named me…]
<James Frayden>
[But I am called…]
<Jam>
<17>
[I’m special…]
<Human>
<James is very outgoing. He sometimes thinks a bit much of himself. But at the same time, he is very kind, and always wants to help someone in need.>
[These are the best!...]
<Skateboarding, pretty girls, kind people, rock music>
<old geezers, sore losers, cowards>
[Life’s not perfect…]
<James lives at home with his two younger brothers and his dad and stepmom. He loves to skateboard and play pranks on people even though that has gotten him into trouble more than once. He's won multiple skateboarding tournoments and has trophies and medals hung in his room.>
User Image
[I am but a puppet…]
<LostMyMind26>

[My mother named me…]
<Kai Menko>
[But I am called…]
<Kai>
<17>
[I’m special…]
<Human>
<Kai is your social kind of person, popular, funny, nice. The guy whom every girl wants and every guy wants to be. Don’t be fooled, he’s not full of it and conceited. He doesn’t take anything for granted.>
[These are the best!...]
<iPods, cellies, pizza, laptops>
<Parents>
[Life’s not perfect…]
<Kai’s life sucked, to be frank. His parents hated him for not being the girl they had wanted, to make their family a perfect one dad, one mom, one son, and one daughter. A bit harsh? Not even getting started. They sent him off to live with his aunt, so he gets the occasional holiday card. He has a better life now, his aunt is young and sweet, they live in a nice townehouse now.>
<User Image >
[I am but a puppet…]
<Lunar_Illusion>

[My mother named me…]
Adrianna Summers
[But I am called…]
Adrian or addie
[I’m special…]
Human
Adrianna is a shy, quiet girl, but open is filled with laughter, and talkative onces she gets to know you. If you want to have a conversation with her, then you have to start it. Adrianna keeps an open mind, and is very forgiving. She doesn't get mad very easy, but watch out, if you manage to do that. Adrianna secretly wants to be alittle rebelious.
[These are the best!...]
animals, open-minded people, pizza, books and rollar coasters
big egos, eggs, closed-minded people, spiders
[Life’s not perfect…]
Adrianna has a hard life. Her parents are working hard to support the family, and they work late into the night. Adrianna usually ends up watching her three younger siblings, and covering her older brother's behind. Her brother never does his share of work, and usually is gone partying, or passed out. With her brother never really helping with the kids, she is at the house 24/7. The only time she gets away is when she takes her horseback riding lesson, or when she works at the animal shelter. Since she is always either at school or home Adrianna has few friends, and doesn't have much of a social life.
User Image
[I am but a puppet…]
Tru_callings

[My mother named me…]
<Enelya Surion.>
[But I am called…]
<En.>
<19>
[I’m special…]
<Human>
<En is not one of the people you would ever see around any social gathering. Very much a recluse, she doesn't care for the company of others often, if ever. With a dark brand of humor and wit and quite a sarcastic attitude, she isn't the most charming girl in the bunch. The few who have delved into her secrets and into her life know that she's a little more soft-spoken and kind hearted. Only a little.>
[These are the best!...]
<Quietness, crossword puzzles, black coffee with half a cube of sugar, reading, watching kids trip and fall, the news, anything with an alcohol content, Chuck Palahnuik.>
<pastries filled with fruit jelly, dessert wine, frilly tooth picks, silk clothing, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Neosporin and other sanitizers/cleaners.>
[Life’s not perfect…]
<En was born in a hospital, like most people. Her childhood was smooth sailing, with a mother that cared too much and a father who didn't give too much of a damn. Her mother died at the hands of a lawn mowing accident when En was only 12. At 17, she filed for a legal emancipation from her father, who never went grocery shopping and was never home. The DA took one look at their apartment and immediately signed the papers. Since then, En has been working crazy jobs while hopping from one small, run down apartment to the next.>
User Image
<Ignore the ears, kids.>
[I am but a puppet…]
<_ M s _ M a r l b o r o _>

[My mother named me…]
<Ryo Kashinawa>
[But I am called…]
<Ryo>
<19>
[I’m special…]
<Human>
<Ryo is a clown but he knows when to be serious. He can be foolish but at the same time, if you strike a cord, he will be your worst enemy. He is very caring and would do almost anything for those close to him.>
[These are the best!...]
<Girls, supernatural stuff, pudding, reading>
<people with atitudes, celery, shallow people>
[Life’s not perfect…]
<Ryo lives with his twin sister Risa. Their parents have been dead for a few years but they make a good living. Ryo is a journalist along with attending college. His sister works as an intern in a fashion firm. They have a good sized apartment which they own rather than pay rent. It was part of what was left to them by their parents. Ryo has always been jealous when he saw kids walking around with parents since he can never do that. They passed away when Ryo and Risa were 14.>
User Image
[I am but a puppet…]
<MimiRoxa48>

User Image Intro / Story /Rules / Profile Skeletons / Accepted Profiles / Parts Available|Taken / Banners / Black and White List / News / Reserved User Image

User Image

Parts Available; Parts Taken

The Oracle [1/1]
Gods [2/4]
Goddesses [3/4]
Fallen- Female [1/4] Male [1/4]
Human- Female [3/4] Male [4/4]

Intro / Story /Rules / Profile Skeletons / Accepted Profiles / Parts Available|Taken / Banners / Black and White List / News / Reserved

User Image
User Image~Banners~User Image

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/the-oracle-open-and-very-accepting-x3/t.38977439/][img]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/duhitssakura/Banner.jpg[/img][/url]

Made lovingly by Frangrance of a Rose

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/the-oracle-open-and-very-accepting-x3/t.38977439/][img]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7061/33514538af4.gif[/img][/URL]

Made graciously by LostMyMind26

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/the-oracle-open-and-very-accepting-x3/t.38977439_1/][img]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/LostMyMind26/oracleanimation.gif[/img][/url]

[Made by queen of the drama (:]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/the-oracle-open-and-very-accepting-x3/t.38977439_1/][img]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm111/roleplayers-unite/Roleplay%20profiles/02-05-theOracle-1-1.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image Intro / Story /Rules / Profile Skeletons / Accepted Profiles / Parts Available|Taken / Banners / Black and White List / News / Reserved User Image

User Image

Black and White List

White List:
Lunar_Illusion [[for making everything and agreeing to make a RP with me]]
x__J ii n x [[for being the first to say she would join and for putting the banner in her siggy]]
LostMyMind26 [[for being supportive and having her profile in first. And for putting a link to the thread in her profile.]]
Fragrance_Of_A_Rose [[for making an awesome banner for us]]

Black List:
Nobody. Let's keep it that way!!!
jdarkblade [[for not following the rules (it's not that hard people!!!)]]
fcw00t [[for not following the rules (is it really that difficult?!?)]]
iKiki_iKawaii [[for being conceited according to SOMEBODY -_-]]

Intro / Story/Rules / Profile Skeletons / Accepted Profiles / Parts Available|Taken / Banners / Black and White List / News / Reserved

User Image
NEWS [be sure to check this every so often]

User Image[3/21/08]Right now, we are not accepting profile skeletons, but you can reserve a spot by PMing iKiki_iKawaii.User Image
User Image[Later 3/21/08] We are open, feel free to send in profiles!
User Image
User Image[Later 3/21/08] Here is our OOC thread link: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-ooc/the-oracle-ooc-thread/t.39055881 ^^ User Image
User Image[3/25/08] We added more spots! No more doubles for now please. ^^User Image

User Image

User Image
ZOMG It's finally open!!!

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items