Welcome to Gaia! ::

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

YOU SAY I WOULD MAKE A BETTER LIARxxxxxxI NEVER FACE THE MUSIC WHEN IT'S DIRE
            YOU SAY I WOULD MAKE A BETTER LIARxxxxxxI NEVER FACE THE MUSIC WHEN IT'S DIRE
            xxxxx
            User Image
                                                              xxxxx
                                                              xxAND I BREATHE DISASTER, EVER AFTERxxxxxxDON'T PULL AWAY FROM ME NOW
                                                              xxAND I BREATHE DISASTER, EVER AFTERxxxxxxDON'T PULL AWAY FROM ME NOW

█████████████ ███ OWNERxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoPinkiePie

█████████████ ███ MODERATORSxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSerahFarronxo

█████████████ ███ LITERACYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAdvanced Literate

█████████████ ███ STATUSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxOpen for posting for those accepted.

Welcome to my advanced literate, fantasy, group roleplay.
                                This isn’t the first time I’ve had this roleplay open, and I just re-vamped it. So here is the new and improved Timeless.
                                So take a look, there's quite a bit to read but it’s worth it. Please, please, don't steal anything I have here.
                                A lot of time and effort went into making this roleplay (x2!). There will be magic, shape-shifting, time travel, humans,
                                elves, dragons, romance, adventure, violence, and just...a lot more. So read on!

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

ONCE UPON A TIME, USED TO BE SOMEBODYxxxxxxNEVERMIND, DON’T MISS IT THAT MUCH NOW
                                                                        ONCE UPON A TIME, USED TO BE SOMEBODYxxxxxxNEVERMIND, DON’T MISS IT THAT MUCH NOW
                                                                        xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxx
                                                                                  I THINK IT’S SINKING IN, DAYS THAT I WONDER
                                                                                  xxxxxxWHERE I’VE BEEN, BUT I WONT LOSE A POUND
                                                                                  I THINK IT’S SINKING IN, DAYS THAT I WONDERxxxxxxWHERE I’VE BEEN, BUT I WONT LOSE A POUND
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx
                      ████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx AND NEVER FACE THE MUSIC WHEN IT’S DIRE !
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxand I breathe disaster, ever after, don’t pull away from me now
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( DON'T YOU M O V E, CAN'T YOU STAY W H E R E YOU ARE, JUST FOR N O W ? )
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI---C O U L D---B E---Y O U Rxxxx
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------{ P E R F E C T }---D I S A S T E R
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxYOU COULD BE MY EVER AFTER
                                          YOU COULD BE MY EVER AFTERxxxxxxxxxx
                                          YOU COULD BE MY EVER AFTERxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When time began, the goddess Yeva created all life. From the heavens she looked down on this life, the planet Gaea, and watched over all she'd made. In the beginning things seemed peaceful, but war soon began to spread across Gaea until the planet was engulfed in violence. It seemed as if the fighting would continue until there was nothing left. Yeva had no choice but to step in and put an end to it.

After The Great War Yeva knew she could not take care of Gaea alone. There had been so many who perished, so much of her beautiful world destroyed. What had once been a great country was now a barren wasteland. Seeing it as the only solution, she would go on to create eight more beings and bestow upon them magnificent power to help her care for the planet.
User Image
                      She started by taking a piece from the heart of the sea and bringing it to the heavens. This fragment hardened into a shining gem, a dazzling blue sapphire. Gifted with her magic, the stone became the water goddess Naida. Next was the moon goddess, Aysel, as Yeva closed her hand around a moonbeam and turned it into a smooth, round opal. She continued this process: turning a ray of sunlight into citrine, a rare and beautiful flower into an emerald, from the dying embers of a fire she formed a ruby, blowing winds and a piece of a cloud made a diamond, a handful of graveyard soil into onyx, and finally the spirit a dying man as he took his last breath hardened to amethyst.

Each precious gem became a God or Goddess when blessed with Yeva's powers. While Aysel and Solaris ruled the sky, Gaea itself was given new borders and the other deities were each responsible for one region. There was peace again. People had no cause to concern themselves with what other regions had that they didn’t, for if they pleased their own God or Goddess they would be rewarded accordingly. The remnants of a God or Goddess’ powers, a sort of magical residue, formed into the various gems they were born from. These gems were scattered throughout Gaea, each found all over the planet but more heavily located in the region of the corresponding celestial being. It was discovered that a person could harness the magic the stones were made from. In the capitol city of every region schools were opened to teach people how to use magic.

Still it seemed to those in the Death region that no matter how devout they were they continued to suffer. Their home was the deserts left behind from the war. Arawn, the God of death, was misunderstood. He did not gift his people the way the other deities did, he did not have that sort of power. Arawn’s abilities were not like those of the elemental Goddesses and the extent of his power was in presiding over the lifestream and the Underworld. Those who resided in other regions looked down on his followers and ignored them, while they in turn hated all other Gods and their followers. Year after year they managed to survive in the wastelands and yet were given no respect, no reward.

Their anger only grew until finally the desert dwellers decided to take what they were owed. Tensions between the Death and the Earth regions had always been high, the two biggest opposites. At the border between them is where new battles broke out and it seemed like only a matter of time before war would spread again.

In one singular point on Gaea all seven regions converge, creating a seventh and neutral region. The coastal city of Ixavia is the only place where one is able to find all different types of gemstones in almost evenly distributed amounts. All deities have their own temples in Ixavia, but this region is most dedicated to Yeva herself. Being neutral, Ixavia was able to keep itself from getting swept up into the violence as well as organize negotiations in an attempt to end the fighting.

One group had something else in mind. Led by one man and his inner circle, they formed an army and came up with a plan: to destroy the one city in Gaea more exalted than any other. Using all the onyx stones they could gather, these people from the deserts were able to open a rift into the Underworld in order create contracts with dark spirits of creatures imprisoned there. The monsters they became would come to be called Keres.

The attack came in the middle of the night, without warning. The first target was the University in order to devastate the city's magical forces. By the time the city was on alert the school was up in flames with everything and everyone inside already lost. The last group of Ixavia's magic users managed to barricade themselves in the city's library.

The entire populace was dead except for them, but that wouldn't last long. They were nearly out of magic. It would only be a matter of moments before the library was set on fire too or the invaders managed to break down the door. Unable to do anything about the attack, the one act of the Gods was in laying a wealth of gemstones at the feet of the survivors just as the doors burst open. It was too late to save their city or the lives of their families and friends, too late even to save themselves, but they had been given enough magic to keep fighting. By the end of the battle the once great city had been obliterated, but the number of Keres had been decimated.

Up in the heavens the deities gathered to decide how to proceed. Solaris demanded the land of death live up to its name, that all the people there be destroyed. Arawn pointed out not all of his followers had participated and it wouldn't be fair to punish every single one. The life-stream was overflowing with souls now as it was and it would do no good to send more there. In the end, instead of killing the desert dwellers, all contracts with spirits from the Underworld were ended and all magical ability was taken away from those who had been involved.

After the dust settled people did not know what to make of the attack. Fighting ceased. The Gods had made their decision and though the people of the Death region were more hated than ever, the world came to an even bigger realization.

The opening to the Underworld could not be closed. So many dark spirits had already been released into the world and they would only continue to escape.

In the end, Yeva used all the power she had left to place a seal over the rift. Later named The Spirit Shroud, it would act as a barrier between the worlds of the living and the dead. It is rumoured after this final act, the Goddess withered. She now lies dormant in order to maintain the barrier, leaving the care of Gaea in the hands of the other Gods, to try to keep the planet from falling into chaos a third time.

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

APOLOGIES, I’M NOT MYSELF BUT I CAN xxxxxxGUARANTEE THAT WHEN I GET BACK
                                                                        xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                                      xxxxxx
                                                                                                      YOU WON’T BELIEVE THAT YOU
                                                                                                      xxxxxxKNEW ME WELL
                                                                                                      YOU WON’T BELIEVE THAT YOU xxxxxxKNEW ME WELL
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx AND NEVER FACE THE MUSIC WHEN IT’S DIRE !
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxand I breathe disaster, ever after, don’t pull away from me now
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( DON'T YOU M O V E, CAN'T YOU STAY W H E R E YOU ARE, JUST FOR N O W ? )
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI---C O U L D---B E---Y O U Rxxxx
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------{ P E R F E C T }---D I S A S T E R
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                                          YOU COULD BE MY EVER AFTERxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Three hundred years after Ixavia was destroyed, people still visit the ruins to pay their respects and to show that they still care. Most believe that if the battle had never happened, Ixavia would still be the most advanced city in all of Gaea. As things are, the world has changed a lot.
User Image
                      People no longer need to hunt for diamonds or bribe creatures who can fly to take them to Cadiir. Sky ships are just one of the new technologies. They look like any boat you might see on water but they run on the magic of diamonds and sail on the wind instead. Magic Hunters are employed by cities now. New gems have been created, by taking the magic from different ones and combining them. Almost everything in Gaea runs on magic. Each capital has a large reserve of each kind of jewel that is added to every time a Magic Hunter returns from a search. But not all is prosperous.

The Spirit Shroud is weakening and has been slowly deteriorating. It is believed that Yeva is no longer able to maintain the amount of magic it takes to keep the barrier intact. As dark spirits are once again being released from the Underworld, there are those that have chosen to make contracts with them and those that have been forced. Gaea is being overrun with Keres, terrorizing and destroying towns.

In this future is where we find the PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o, living in a city located in the land of water. Always fascinated with the history of Gaea, he took a special interest in Ixavia. Anything that was salvaged from the destroyed city was documented, books and information recopied. In Gaea there are still elves and dragons alive who remember the great city. The main library in Aquantas has an abundance of information available as well as the university library. When he began his research, the PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o did not count on getting so caught up in the past. There were even paintings depicting Ixavia itself, the university, the temple dedicated to Yeva, of the leader of the city, his family, and his council. This was how he first laid eyes on the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r.

All over Gaea people are fighting the Keres and trying to find a way to close the tear in The Spirit Shroud, scholars, inventors, and mages all over the world gather, magical resources are pooled. The Gods and Goddesses do what they can to break the contracts, but that only frees the dark spirits again to make new contracts.

Where is Yeva?

The PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o often visited the ruins of Ixavia. As a scholar himself, he’d also tried to come up with ways to stop the Keres and heal the barrier, to help the Goddess. When nothing worked, he came to the ruins once more. Travelling through what’s left of a place he'd read about so many times it was hard to reconcile this shattered place with the beautiful metropolis shown in books. If only it hadn’t been destroyed and so much knowledge along with it, surely from it would lie the answer.

Stepping inside the remains of Yeva’s temple, one could feel the lingering spirits even more so than wandering the rest of the ruins. Suddenly she was there, before him appeared the Goddess herself. For finally there was an idea she thought might work, his idea. If Ixavia could be saved, and perhaps if they could keep the rift from being opened in the first place, Gaea could be saved.

After three centuries of keeping up the barrier, she only had enough magic to send him alone back in time. It would be up to the PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o to figure out what to do once he was there.

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

DON’T WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT, ********’ TIREDxxxxxxOF GETTING’ SICK ABOUT IT NOW STAND BACK
                                                                        DON’T WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT, ********’ TIREDxxxxxxOF GETTING’ SICK ABOUT IT NOW STAND BACK
                                                                        xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxx
                                                                                  xxxxxxUP AND BE A MAN ABOUT IT, AND
                                                                                  xxxxxxFIGHT FOR, SOMETHING, FIGHT FOR SOMETHING
                                                                                  xxxxxxUP AND BE A MAN ABOUT IT, AND xxxxxxFIGHT FOR, SOMETHING, FIGHT FOR SOMETHING
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

It wasn’t long before he began to draw attention. Unable to believe he was truly three hundred years in the past, the PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o thought perhaps he was dreaming or he’d hit his head. After trying all he could to get home, or wake up, he finally resigned himself to the fact this was real. The goddess Yeva had appeared before him, asked him to save Ixavia, to try if possible to keep the rift from opening at all, and sent him back in time. He went to the University and looked for the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r . He told her everything.

She in turn told the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r and he was brought to a council meeting. Most didn't believe him, but the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r decided they couldn't just ignore this warning. If it was true they were all in danger. They would have to prepare in case it happened and try to change their fate.

Under the heat of the midday sun, a crowd gathered below the balcony of the council building. There isn’t enough room in the square and the citizens overflowed into the adjacent streets, stood on rooftops and leaned out of windows from nearby buildings. An urgent message went out to every person in Ixavia to gather: the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r was making an announcement. The battles happening between the Earth and the Death regions continue, despite the efforts of the other nations to negotiate peace. Ixavia has a small armed force but as a precaution they are asking for all capable warriors and mages to join the army. This is purely voluntary and these soldiers will simply act as a safeguard for the city in the event there is some sort of attack. The city is on the border of each of the other nations and this could prove a very dangerous position.
User Image
                      The PERPETUAL ◊ c h a m p i o n is currently back in Ixavia and after being informed on the situation has been asked to help recruit, evaluate and train the soldiers alongside the PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e . While they were in a meeting with the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r and the PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o , the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r headed to the University in order to clear her head. She also went to train her student who happens to be the daughter of the PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e . When the girl finds out what’s going on she’ll want to join the army, train, and use her magic to protect the city, but her father won’t allow it. There’s someone who might be able to help her though once she arrives in the city.

Close to the border between the Utyrion Deserts and the small towns at the edge of the Earth region, battles continue to be fought. Though she hates leaving at such a time, the FLOATING ◊ k n i g h t gets a message requesting her presence in Ixavia from the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r . From his recent trip to the front lines the fighting did lessen and as one of the few people who know her secret but hold no judgement against her, she is grateful and respects him and will make the journey. But she finds out someone else got the same message, someone else who knows her secret and does look down on her for it, the FLOATING ◊ a r c h e r . When the two arrive in Ixavia they’ll meet the man from the future and find out about his warning. There will be discussions about what’s happening with the Earth region, how negotiations are going, and about building an army in Ixavia and fortifying the city. Over the next little while both will be travelling back and forth between Rhoditrium and Ixavia, so they’d better get used to each other’s company.

Faeries are secretive creatures and are rare to find, but there are rumors something is happening to them out in their forest hiding places. The FLOATING ◊ t r i c k s t e r arrived in the neutral region just in time to hear the announcement. In the square she met up with two other women who are new to the city, FLOATING ◊ m y s t e r y and FLOATING ◊ s o n g s t r e s s . Magic Hunters from the deserts have been killing faeries for the jewels they collect, stealing everything. The FLOATING ◊ t r i c k s t e r tells her new friends about what’s happening and how she came to Ixavia because she feared for her safety. It turns out FLOATING ◊ m y s t e r y is a Magic Hunter herself and happens to have a contract with a dragon, a strong-willed young woman from the fire region she offers to help the little faerie. After all, she’d wanted to get a meeting with the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r to talk about her recent experience in the deserts. When she went out on a dig to try and collect some onyx all the gems she found were confiscated. They seem to be hoarding it for some reason in Majitreos. After this announcement she plans to join the army.

The FLOATING ◊ s o n g s t r e s s wants to build a life for herself in Ixavia and is nonplused to hear an announcement warning about an attack or hearing a story from a distressed faerie about the goings on in the Earth region. But up on that balcony next to the leader of the city was the first time she saw the PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e and he’s caught her interest. So she’ll go along with the others trying to get a meeting with the council because maybe it’ll give her a chance to get close to him and, well, because she likes these girls and doesn’t exactly have any other friends to speak of right now.

Someone else is planning to head to Ixavia as well. HALTING ◊ v e n g e a n c e is going to pose as an elf from the Earth region and try to get a position at the University. If she can get close enough to the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r perhaps she can get information on what the council knows and what they’re planning to do about it. Maybe she can even get an opportunity to kill the PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o . The resident dragon rider of the group behind the attack, HALTING ◊ c o n q u e r o r, has been making voyages over Ixavia at night and monitoring the city, reporting back anything of interest. Now he’ll be responsible for acting as messenger between the others and HALTING ◊ v e n g e a n c e as well as bringing her back and forth from Ixavia and the deserts when needed. He has a history with the PERPETUAL ◊ c h a m p i o n , who is the only person in Ixavia who might recognize him. Though he only travels near the city at night he still plans to be careful and keep his guard up.

Before the plan was arranged, HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n , HALTING ◊ c o n q u e r o r, HALTING ◊ f u t u r e, and HALTING ◊ v e n g e a n c e gathered for a meeting. The desert scholar HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n employed revealed the information she’d learned, that the Underworld is a sort of magical alternate dimension connected to Gaea through Arawn and that onyx, the residue of Arawn’s power, comes specifically from him using his powers to send and keep evil spirits in the Underworld. It is commonly believed that it also comes from him sending souls to and from the life stream, but this is not the case. When the young oracle who is HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n ’s pet is near onyx the stones begin to pulse and glow. What this tells him thanks to the scholar is that she must have dark spirits in her. Perhaps she’s the key to opening the rift.

She’s also had a new vision. Her previous one which showed the destruction of Ixavia had changed and the outcome of the battle was no longer set in stone, the future had become unclear. A strange man has arrived and may turn the tides. The other seer in their group, HALTING ◊ f u t u r e agrees. She has had a vision of them preparing the city and of people arriving from other lands to help. So while the others go about the plan, and HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n gains more followers to join his army and spread more anger through the deserts all the while pretending to help negotiate peace, the seer is making contingency plans. Just in case. Just in case things don’t go their way and the plan falls apart.

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

NOBODY TOLD YA THIS IS GONNA FOLD YAxxxxxxWE GO MARCHING IN LIKE TOY SOLDIERS
                                                                        xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxx
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxTO HAVE AND HOLD YA OVER SOLD YA
                                                                                  xxxxxxTHEY'RE MARCHING LIKE TOY SOLDIERS
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxTO HAVE AND HOLD YA OVER SOLD YA xxxxxxTHEY'RE MARCHING LIKE TOY SOLDIERS
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

THE BASICS
                      Follow Gaia's ToS. I, xoPinkiePie, am the owner and creator of this role-play. Please do not steal any of the content of this role-play. No god-modding. If you take control of another person's character you will have to change your post. If it happens repeatedly I will kick you out. If you're getting into a fight with someone, don't avoid every hit or actually hit the character unless they say it's okay. This also applies to conversations. If your character is talking to someone do not write the other person's reaction or reply, I hate it when people do that. This may end up making a post short if you're in the middle of a conversation, but I will be okay with that. There are other things you can put in to make it interesting and add a bit of length. If you get permission from the other role-player, perhaps in a fight for example, it is allowed as long as you let me know.
User Image
                      LITERACY
                      This is an advanced literate group role-play. I will give you my definition. Know the difference between important detail and nonsense. Proper grammar and spelling please, use punctuation, capitalize where appropriate, and spell check. The occasional slip up is fine. While I did proof-read everything here and had others read it too I know there are sure to be errors still. Absolutely no one-liners. Minimum post length is 300 words (about 3 paragraphs), no real maxiumum but try not to go over 1200 too often. If you’re getting posts in on time I don’t care if you go over, although something like 2000 words is never okay. Let's be honest here, if someone posts a gigantic post most likely people will just skim it for relevent information and not actually read the whole thing. What fun is that? Please do not jump all over the place either by moving around a lot, going ahead of everyone, etc.

DEDICATION
                      THIS IS A LONG-TERM ROLE-PLAY. If you think in a week from now, or even a month, you're going to be too busy to keep up, do not join. If you have a legitimate reason to be away please post in the OOC or send me a pm. If you don't think you'll be away long and can catch up, we can either puppet your character around or move them out of the action for the time being. If you have to drop out, just tell me I won’t be angry. But I need to know. I would like you to post in the out of character thread a least once every three days. It is encouraged for you to be active in the OOC, get to know people, discuss plot and character relationships. I want to hear your ideas. Part of a group role-play is everyone contributing. In the in character thread I would like you to post once a week. After nine days if you haven’t posted I will pm you. After 11 you will be removed, UNLESS you have given me a reason why. I don’t mind if you need extra time just as long as you let me know. But do not hold up everyone else. Surely if you are advanced literate you can write at least 300 words in seven days. This one rule is about two hundred fifty words, just to show you.

POST STYLES
                      Make a nice post format for your character. This should include at least a picture, character name, title, location, and nice colors. Try not to use colors that are too blinding. The actual body of your post shouldn't be in a font any bigger or smaller than size 10 or 11. Speaking should be bolded and thoughts italicized. If you need help just ask me or SerahFarronxo or anyone in the OOC. I would happily make a format for you, and I’m sure there are others in the OOC who would too.

CHARACTERS
                      First off, I am very picky about pictures. No over-used anime or badly drawn pictures. This is a medieval-fantasy role-play so the picture of your character should fit that. There are guidelines about the different races below to help you. After you've applied and been accepted the first thing I want from you is the picture. I must approve of it. Next, I have written outlines for each character. Do not change anything I have written. Feel free to add as much as you want, as long as you don't change or contradict what I have already made the character as. This is a competition role-play so if you want the character slot you apply for you better wow me. Only three applicants per role. The more thought out and interesting your character is, the more likely you will get the slot. Any character relationships should begin being discussed in the OOC thread once you have gotten the role.

PROFILES
                      After you've been accepted and had your picture approved you may begin working on your profile. The profile should be posted in its own thread. If your profile is selected then you should create another post for character relationships. This may start out empty, at least for some of the characters, and be filled in/added to and changed throughout the role-play. Some characters will have relationships before the role-play even starts so you will have to coordinate this. For the history section, if you're worried about what to write if your character is supposed to have a pre-existing relationship with another character, just use the blurb under your character as a guideline and only glance over the relationship. They can be expanded upon later if you end up getting the role. MAKE SURE TO READ ALL CHARACTER BLURBS, EACH ONE IS IMPORTANT AND ANOTHER CHARACTER'S INFO MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ROLE THAT ISN'T IN YOUR OWN BLURB.

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SOMEHOW DON'T YOU DARE FAILxxxxxxFAIL ME NOW, EVER AFTER SOMEHOW
                                                                        xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxx
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxONCE UPON A TIME, THIS PLACE
                                                                                  xxxxxxWAS BEAUTIFUL AND MINE
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxONCE UPON A TIME, THIS PLACE xxxxxxWAS BEAUTIFUL AND MINE
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

User Image

███████████ ███ PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o

xxxxxxxxxx m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 27xxxxxxx s c h o l a r
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx curiousxxxxx determinedxxxxx stubbornxxxxx passionatexxxxx easily annoyed
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLucanxxxxxxxClarke

In the present time you are the leading expert on the neutral region and once great city of Ixavia. That is why, of course, you believed if anything could save Gaea from the Keres the answers would be there. So you traveled to the ruins but came up empty. Before you left you made a trip to the crumbling temple of the goddess Yeva. Coming face to face with the goddess herself, you ended up sent back in time 300 years. You’ve been tasked with stopping the rift from being opened, or saving the city of Ixavia at the very least. But you never signed up to be a hero. All you’ve ever wished for is to be able to see the city in all its glory and now you are its only hope for survival. The goddess has entrusted you with the fate of the entire world. On top of that there is the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r to contend with. There’s something about her that just draws you in, you can’t seem to fight it. Is it love, or something else? You really don’t know but you can’t keep away from her. She’s somehow intricate to your little quest, that’s for sure. Her husband, the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r , is your greatest ally in all this even though he doesn’t seem to realize you have your eyes set on his wife. The PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e however seems adamant not to believe you and to convince everyone else not to either. You have outstanding abilities as a warrior and as a mage…in your time at least. Now you’re in a time where all your training might not do you any good, considering you have no real fighting experience. It also seems that all the things you’re learnt about Ixavia aren’t entirely accurate. Knowledge has always been your greatest asset and now it looks like you’re going to have to do some reading up. It’s all you can do to even stay alive during this time period.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - SerahFarronxo ]

User Image

███████████ ███ PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r

xxxxxxxxxx m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 36xxxxxxx c o n t r a c t
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx bravexxxxx charismaticxxxxx trustingxxxxx idealisticxxxxx compassionate
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMarrexxxxxxxxD'Argorrid

The Earth region is where your family originates, with a long history of contracts with wolves. You have a wolf contract yourself, as does your son, and you are skilled warrior with a good head for strategy. When you first came to Ixavia you weren't yet twenty and had barely been there a month before you met your future wife, the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r . You were just what she needed, someone confident and brave, open and compassionate. You make a good leader because people can't help but to like you, even the PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e who was unofficially competing against you to be the leader of Ixavia. Being the leader means you are the head of the council and ultimately you make the decisions. Nothing is more important to you than your family and the people of Ixavia. Also on your plate, you're the head of the army even though there isn't much of one currently. Ixavia is neutral and refuses to take part in any war. However the PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e is there to remind you having an army is a necessary precaution for a city that borders all the other regions. When the PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o shows up you're more willing to listen to what he has to say than others. Since you did grow up in the Earth region, their current war with the deserts is very distressing to you and you are doing whatever you can to help negotiate peace, including frequent trips to the heart of the conflict. With a potential threat aimed at Ixavia now, this will make it much harder for you to justify leaving the city.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - Falling Mist ]

User Image

███████████ ███ PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r

xxxxxxxxxx f e m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 34xxxxxxx m a g e
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx proudxxxxx intelligentxxxxx reservedxxxxx kindheartedxxxxx courageous
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFionaxxxxxxxD'Argorrid

Your whole family has lived in Ixavia since the city was founded, studying and using magic. Now you are one of the most skilled mages in Gaea and the head of the University in Ixavia. Married young, the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r is your husband and you have a son together.Everything was going fine until the PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o showed up . You're not sure if you believe he's from the future but it seems to be the only possible explanation for all of this. Though you hate to admit it, there is some strange pull between the two of you. No matter how you try to stay away and avoid him, you always end up back where you started. If he is the key to saving the city and the future of Gaea you’re going to have to put any misgivings aside and work with him. While you do not have a contract, you do have a companion. Kellan, a griffin, was a gift to you from your parents when you were both children. The little creature became your closest companion and with your earth magic he is able to speak. You and your husband have entrusted Kellan with protecting your son when you can’t be with him. The PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e constantly gets on your nerves and if there is someone you're going to injure if they don't shut up, it's him. The main problem, though neither of you will admit it, is you are so much alike; equally proud and stubborn. His daughter is your pupil and for her sake you try and put your differences aside. The PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r ends up acting as referee between the two of you.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - xoPinkiePie ]

User Image

███████████ ███ PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e

xxxxxxxxxx m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 43xxxxxxx c o n t r a c t
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx loyalxxxxx seriousxxxxx stubbornxxxxx honourablexxxxx proud
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxVenceslausxxxxxxxSaerlin

Originally your family is from the water region. Even though you're second in command to the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r , you were being looked at to take over as leader. While at first you were angry about not getting the position, and your pride took a bit of a hit, now you are very loyal to this man. After working with him for the past five years, you feel that he is the right person to lead Ixavia, even though sometimes he is a little too laid-back in your mind. Your daughter is the light of your life but you have a hard time showing her how much you care. As a child your parents were both very strict. Even though they loved you, they weren't the kind of people to express it openly. This rubbed off on you and now you have trouble expressing softer emotions. It's important to you for your daughter, to be safe, happy, and educated. You can be quite over-protective of her and have sheltered her all her life. This is mostly because your wife, her mother, died in childbirth. You have a contract with a fox and are a capable fighter. When it comes to the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r , you don't think it's her place to be part of the council. She is the wife of the leader, not the leader herself and so she shouldn't get involved. Usually you don't see eye to eye with each other. Somehow she ended up being your daughter’s mentor in her magic studies. As far as the PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o is concerned, you don’t trust him one bit. You do believe that Ixavia needs to have a standing army and if this is what it takes to get the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r to take action, you aren’t going to stop him for now. Together with the PERPETUAL ◊ c h a m p i o n ☽you are recruiting and training soldiers.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - so fake so hipster ]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

███████████ ███ PERPETUAL ◊ c h a m p i o n

xxxxxxxxxx m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 29xxxxxxx w a r r i o r / m a g i cx u s e r
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx confidentxxxxx chivalrousxxxxx aloofxxxxx resourcefulxxxxx methodical
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMarvinxxxxxxxAmbrose

You spend your time going back and forth between Ixavia and the land of fire. Most people don't know anything about you. Even though you only showed up in Ixavia a short while ago, everyone was immediately impressed and you already get to sit in on council meetings and sometimes give input. You're especially valuable when it comes to this rumored upcoming battle and the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r looks to you for strategic advice and to help prepare the city. What fascinates most people about you, including thePERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r and her pupil, is that fact that a warrior can have such skill with rubies and emeralds. Your specialty is combing these two magics and creating molten rock to use as a weapon. This is a rare ability only found in the fire region by very skilled mages. Just how are you able to do this, and where did you learn it from? What people don't know about you is that you also work as a mercenary. The PERPETUAL ◊ h e i r is the most impressed by you and the young child will follow you around given the chance with the griffon, Kellan, trailing closely behind. Mostly you find his hero worship amusing. The FLOATING ◊ m y s t e r y gives you pause and you're suspicious, you want to know how exactly someone like her got a dragon contract. You’ve now been tasked with helping to train an army but later you’ll discover this battle is going to get much more personal for you, as you have a score to settle with HALTING ◊ c o n q u e r o r .

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - The False Hope ]

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxx
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxONCE UPON A TIME, THIS PLACE xxxxxxWAS BEAUTIFUL AND MINE
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

User Image

███████████ ███ FLOATING ◊ t r i c k s t e r

xx f e m a l exxxxxxx f a e r i exxxxxxx physical age: 23; real age: 70xxxxxxx m a g i c x u s e r
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx deviousxxxxx playfulxxxxx narcissisticxxxxx childishxxxxx energetic
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLalixxxxxxxCarillon

A faerie, you're exactly the kind of person the parents of the earth region are always warning their children about. You're a trickster, a prankster, and you love fooling unsuspecting humans and elves. Although you never harm anyone, you aren't above lying and do so frequently. You have a love for shiny, sparkly, pretty things and tend to steal a lot; jewelry, money, trinkets, and especially gems. Hidden away somewhere with the help of your earth magic is your treasure, which consists of various gems, a pile of gold coins and a bunch of little knick-knacks you took from travelers. The forest is your home and nature is your companion, you hate being anywhere else. But the people from the land of death know a faerie always has a good stash of loot tucked away and they've been coming into the woods for your kind, kidnapping them, stealing their treasure, and killing them. You can't stay and risk it, so you're on your way to Ixavia. Cadiir seemed like the safest bet, but you can't possibly be so far away from the forest. When you get to Ixavia and run into the FLOATING ◊ m y s t e r y , and the FLOATING ◊ s o n g s t r e s s. They are both new to the city as well and you are so glad not be alone anymore. You tell them all about the faeries being killed by the desert people. No one other than the faerie population knows about it. FLOATING ◊ m y s t e r y tells you something too, she’s a magic hunter and it seems that the land of death is hoarding onyx stones for some unknown purpose. After the announcement from the city’s leader, she comes up with a plan and decides you need to tell your story to the council. You’re just grateful to have friends around you again, even if they aren’t faeries, and you’ll do anything to stop what is happening back home.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - xoPinkiePie ]

User Image

███████████ ███ FLOATING ◊ m y s t e r y

xxxxxx f e m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 19xxxxxxx c o n t r a c t
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx recklessxxxxx headstrongxxxxx loyalxxxxx fearlessxxxxx short-tempered
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMelinaxxxxxxxKaler

Most dragon contracts, the few there are, come from the land of fire. Dragons respect the people from this region more because a dragon is impressed by someone brave, adventurous, and strong. While you are these things, you're also stubborn, loud, reckless, and short-tempered. People are often shocked to discover you have a contract with a dragon. You've never told anyone how you came about a dragon contract. In truth, it may be because when the going gets tough you're always there to take charge and dive in. You're nothing if not loyal, although a lot of times not thinking things through gets you into trouble. Another surprise is that you’re also a magic hunter. What brought you to Ixavia is business. Your last stop was the Death region to search for onyx, but all the gems you found were confiscated! When you meet the FLOATING ◊ t r i c k s t e r she tells you about what’s happening with the faeries and it seems to you the two events are connected somehow. After hearing the announcement you’ve also decided to join the army. Unfortunately everyone just thinks you're some little girl who is going to get in the way. You are determined to prove yourself and when they find out about your dragon contract no one is about to send you away. The PERPETUAL ◊ c h a m p i o n is suspicious and always seems to be watching you. He really wants to find out where you come from and what you might be hiding.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - SerahFarronxo ]

User Image

███████████ ███ FLOATING ◊ a r c h e r

xxxxxx m a l exxxxxxx e l fxxxxxxx 34 (elf age: 102)xxxxxxx w a r r i o r
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wisexxxxx carefulxxxxx quietxxxxx inflexiblexxxxx solitary
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfirstnamexxxxxxxlastname

An elf from the earth region, you love all that is nature and Gaea. Cloris is your deity and you are one of her most loyal followers. Perfectly in tune with nature you are a frightening enemy to anyone who doesn't have respect for it. You act as protector of the earth region, wandering the forests and making sure the people passing through don't disrupt anything. With your arrows you have flawless aim and your wise and thoughtful nature often means you often have the answers to everyone's problems. But you are stubborn and don’t like to believe that your answer might not be the only right one. To you there is one path to follow, yours, and there are no other options. What surprises a lot of people is that you don't use magic, not even emeralds. To you magic should be left to the gods. When it comes to fire users you are especially unfriendly. They are reckless and their magic is dangerous. While the PERPETUAL ◊ c h a m p i o n is not your friend by any means, you do respect his intelligence. But you and the FLOATING ◊ m y s t e r y can't stand each other. As far as you're concerned she's reckless, juvenile, and won't be a help to anyone. Though it's rare for you to venture too far from the forest, Ixavia rests right at the edge of it, on the outskirts of the earth region as well as all the other regions. You have visited there before and you are well acquainted with the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r . He asks for your input and help dealing with the possibility of an attack.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - iPizzazz ]

User Image

███████████ ███ FLOATING ◊ k n i g h t

xxxxxx f e m a l exxxxxxx h a l f x e l f / h a l f x h u m a nxxxxxxx 29xxxxxxx w a r r i o r
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx cleverxxxxx observantxxxxx hard-workingxxxxx waryxxxxx independent
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxZeldaxxxxxxxBellona

As a female warrior from the earth region, you're almost one of a kind. A lot of the people of the earth region don't think it's fitting for a woman to fight and there you are with your sword. Your mother was a human and your father was an elf, although you've never met him. Hardly anyone knows the truth about you, luckily your ears hardly have a point at all and your long hair covers them nicely. If being a warrior is frowned upon, and being half elf and half human is as well, imagine people finding out you're both. You have strong ideals though, and you're very determined. You try not to give a damn what people think but with all the negativity you have become a bit cynical and jaded. You don't trust easily. The FLOATING ◊ a r c h e r gets on your nerves to no end as he's another one of those people who doesn't think it's proper for a woman to be a warrior. Not to mention, he knows that your father was an elf. That's right he knows your dark secret and you're worried he's going to spread it around the earth region. You're also invited to Ixavia by the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r , who is a man you actually like and trust. He also knows your secret but has never judged you because of it. The PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e seems to share the same opinion as earth region people and obviously wishes you weren't around. Whether anyone likes it or not, your skills are great and you play a major role in the war against the Earth region and the Death region. The PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r has been in constant contact and he comes to you for reports on the war. It seems with Ixavia under the thread of attack he needs all the help he can get. You haven’t yet told him, or anyone, you think there might be some spies amidst the Earth region soldiers.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - Sin Delicious ]

User Image

███████████ ███ FLOATING ◊ s o n g s t r e s s

xxxxxx f e m a l exxxxxxx m e r m a i dxxxxxxx 23xxxxxxx m a g e
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ambitiousxxxxx charmingxxxxx moodyxxxxx naivexxxxx kind-hearted
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAlarysxxxxxxxTairren

The life span of a mermaid is not a long one, and you intend to make the most of the time you have. You've always wanted more and you plan to get it, starting with leaving the water region. Skilled with using sapphires, you've been collecting them for years now and have enough finally to live for quite a good few months on land. You're going to Ixavia, not only is the most magnificent city in Gaea, but it's also on the coast. You'll stay there as long as possible and keep collecting sapphires while you're there. As long as you have the precious blue stones you can stay on land as long as you want. Very beautiful, it gets you a lot of attention. Not to mention being a mermaid you have a wonderful singing voice, you enchant people and love to perform. It's a good way to earn some money too as plenty of people will pay to hear you. Surprising to some, the PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e☽ has caught your attention. His daughter doesn't seem to like you sniffing around her father, and while her manners won't let her be out-right rude to you she still isn't friendly. You learn of her desires to join the new army and think this might be a way to keep her out of your hair, so you’ll try to help her convince the FLOATING ◊ k n i g h t to train her. The FLOATING ◊ m y s t e r y and the FLOATING ◊ t r i c k s t e r have somehow become your unlikely friends in all this and you’re just tagging along with their plans. As things get more serious you’ll have to make some tough choices. After all you’re not a fighter, what can you possibly do to protect the city?

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - Surgery With Smiles ]

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

User Image

███████████ ███ HALTING ◊ v e n g e a n c e

xxxxxx f e m a l exxxxxxx e l fxxxxxxx 32 (elf age: 96) xxxxxxx m a g e
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx bitterxxxxx cunningxxxxx dangerousxxxxx bluntxxxxx grieving
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIsraxxxxxxxBa'toola

Living in the Death region made you a rather hard woman but you only became bitter and hateful after the death of your daughter. She became very sick when she was still just a child and you weren’t able to get her treatment in time. When HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n comes up with this plan to attack Ixavia and punish the other regions, you jump on board. You blame the other lands for the fact that the desert cities have nothing. If they shared their wealth your daughter might still be alive. A skilled mage, you’re probably as good as the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r ; able to use rubies, onyx, and diamonds. For now, you have plans to pose as an elf from the earth region and go to Ixavia, acting as a spy. With your skills using magic you could easily go to the University and get some sort of job there. You spent considerable time teaching at the Magic Academy in Majitreos, even if it is lesser by comparison. Now you manage to run your own business and there is a lot of respect for you in your homeland. This works to the advantage of your leader’s efforts. The PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r will be the person you try to get close to, as well as her pupil, in order to ferret out information. If it comes down to a battle, most likely she will be your opponent. You have yet to decide if you want to become a Kere or not when the rift is finally opened and you'll be one of the people helping to open it. The HALTING ◊ c o n q u e r o r isn’t exactly your best friend, but the two of you will have to work together for your mission to succeed.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - CJ_1567 ]

User Image

███████████ ███ HALTING ◊ f u t u r e

xxxxxx f e m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 24 xxxxxxx m a g e / s e e r
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx secretivexxxxx slyxxxxx observantxxxxx selfishxxxxx manipulative
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSorchiaxxxxxxxIbelin

As one of the people who knows the most about HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n's plans, you are the least loyal to his cause. The only reason you are going along with everything is because you have had a vision the attack will succeed, and you want to be on the winning side. Now that the PERPETUAL ◊ h e r o has arrived though, things are slowly changing. So far it still seems like Ixavia is doomed, but the future isn't set in stone and the predication becomes less and less definite every day. When the rift is opened you have already decided to become a Kere. With your magical abilities and powers as a seer, forming this contract will only increase your powers. All your actions are for self-preservation. If it seems like things are no longer in HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n's favour you'll be out of there as fast as possible. You can't let anyone doubt you; otherwise you'll be killed before you have the chance to do anything. HALTING ◊ u n k n o w n☽ is as big a mystery to you as anyone else and you are impressed, and worried by her abilities. She could pose a threat to you if she has a vision of you doing something that HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n doesn't like. Plus you can’t see visions of her! Add in the way magic reacts to her and it makes you very worried. HALTING ◊ c o n q u e r o r already doesn’t trust you and is keeping an eye on you. While he’s busy going back and forth to Ixavia, you’ll be making trips over the border and playing both sides of this war. Occasionally you are sent to help capture faeries. The creatures are hard to pin down and your visions come in handy.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - Cherabreena ]

User Image

███████████ ███ HALTING ◊ c o n q u e r o r

xxxxxx m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 28 xxxxxxx w a r r i o r
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx coldxxxxx impatientxxxxx proudxxxxx sharpxxxxx fearless
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAndersxxxxxxxCavall

You were born in the desert region and have trained to be a warrior since you were just a child. You also have some ability with onyx. Of all his followers HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n trusts you most and you are basically his second. You share the ruthless, fearless, strength and quiet intelligence of the PERPETUAL ◊ c h a m p i o n . The two of you do in fact have a history and a score to settle. In the past you have worked as a mercenary and you also happen to be a dragon rider from a time you spent in the Fire region. As rare dragon contracts are, people are more afraid of people like you because you travel around with the actual creature. Coming face to face with a dragon is enough to terrify anyone. HALTING ◊ v e n g e a n c e gets on your nerves and you get on hers but now you are tasked with helping her infiltrate Ixavia and getting any information back to your group’s leader. All this planning is taking too long for you and you want to get to the invasion already. When the rift is opened, you plan to become a Kere, and your main target will be the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r and, not surprisingly, the PERPETUAL ◊ c h a m p i o n . You don't trust HALTING ◊ f u t u r e at all and are keeping a close eye on her. You have a feeling she keeps parts of her visions to herself and isn't really interested in the idea of destroying Ixavia. No one knows much about your past or your motives as you keep most of it to yourself.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - Sin Delicious ]

User Image

███████████ ███ HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n

xxxxxx m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 37 xxxxxxx m a g e
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ruthlessxxxxx drivenxxxxx charismaticxxxxx intelligentxxxxx cold
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxVincentxxxxxxxRidler

A magical prodigy, you are a master of onyx stones. No one has the understanding of their magic like you do. You taught yourself how to use magic when you were a small child, with small pieces of gems you found. Living in the desert, onyx stones were most easily acquired. By now you can almost manipulate the souls of others. One day you hope to be able to take their souls for yourself and possibly use them to become immortal. When the fighting broke out between the Death region and the Earth region, you saw it as the perfect time to put your long-made plans into action. Ten years ago you found HALTING ◊ u n k n o w n☽ in the desert. The onyx you had with you seemed to react to her. Fascinated, you decided to take her in. Your theory is that perhaps she has magic in her, or came from the Underworld herself. All you know is somehow she is the key to opening the rift and you'll sacrifice her if you have to. Her visions are an added bonus but although strong and vivid they don't come all the time. So when you can't get them from her you get them from HALTING ◊ f u t u r e. The idea of creating contracts with underworld spirits was something you read about as a child during your studies of onyx and you've had HALTING ◊ i n t e l l i g e n c e☽ doing research and finding out things for you. She's quite naive and has no idea of your intentions as you’ve spun the whole thing like you’re simply looking into the history and abilities of onyx. At the moment you are hoarding all the onyx you can find, you know you will need it to complete your plans. You’ve managed to work your way up in the world and all the officials in Majitreos trust you, including the leaders of the deserts.

[ OPEN // APPLIED // TAKEN - Miss MeguMegu ]

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

NOW IT'S JUST A BOTTOM LINExxxxxxBARELY COMES TO MIND
                                                                        xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxx
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEVER AFTER WAS MINE I'LL BE YOUR
                                                                                  xxxxxxEVER AFTER SO FIRE AWAY GOODBYE
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEVER AFTER WAS MINE I'LL BE YOURxxxxxxEVER AFTER SO FIRE AWAY GOODBYE
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

Aqualia is the only city that rests on the ocean floor and is entirely populated by sea dwellers. Here is where the highest volume of sapphires can be found and it is theorized that the reason for this is the heart of the sea, which has never been located, may exist close by. The main inhabitants of the city are Merpeople. They can exist on land if they have the magic of a sapphire to transform them into humans. Almost directly above Aqualia, is the island city of Aquantas. This city is sort of like an appendage to the capitol. It is here that most sea creatures decide to live if they wish to be out of the water and where land dwellers that do not use magic or have a contract with a sea animal go instead. Connecting Aquantas with Aqualia is the temple to the water Goddess Naida, Byzasias. Half the temple is above sea level and stretches up into the sky, while the bottom half reaches all the way to the capitol on the ocean floor. It is by far the largest temple built to a deity.
User Image
                      Rhoditrium is the capital city of the earth region. In this region emeralds are the most common gemstone, but it has a high capacity of other gems as well more than any other region. The city is actually merged with the forest it resides in. Buildings are built around trees and some of the larger trees are actually made into houses and buildings. Emeralds have been used to manipulate tree growth to form parts of the city. While there are humans who live in this region, it is populated mostly by elves and faeries. Animals are also close companions with the populace. It is also common for people to use emeralds in this region so they can talk to animals and plants, and people who don't have contracts often have animals as companions. The temple Terradnus is located in this region and is dedicated to the Goddess Cloris.

The land of fire is a cluster of islands and the capital city of Ageris is located on the southern side of largest island, Ferrerus, which resides in the center of this cluster. Ferrerus was once two islands that eventually became one. It has two volcanos, one dormant and one active. The capital is at the base of the dormant volcano, Mt. Indygya. At the top of that volcano is where the temple to the fire Goddess Devi is located. This area is populated mostly by humans but there is one island in the land of fire solely where dragons live. It is also believed that the Phoenix makes its nest on one of the islands.

The region of death is where you find the Utyrion Deserts and the people who live there worship Arawn the god of death; the capital city is Majitreos. This city is smaller than any of the other capital cities because there are less people. The desert dwellers are dispersed throughout the region near any source of water and food. People who live here are tough and can seem quite mean, although they are not all truly that way. Most people simply do not have much experience interacting with others and especially not outsiders. It is not a place where one walks the streets and socializes. It is riddled with criminals, bandits, rogues and thieves in order to survive. One thing the people are united on is their dislike of the other nations. Although they do not have much they never resent their deity. They do not fear death and quite a few have an unusual fascination with it. The city itself is like one big temple, as there are statue and symbols of Arawn everywhere and people worship him at all times. The most common place to worship Arawn though is at temple Virynor.

Cadiir is the floating capital of the air region. It is the only actual city, or physical place, in the air region. Everything else that encompasses this region is simply the atmosphere itself. The city does not get a lot of visitors from other regions because diamonds are so rare and it takes a lot of magic for anyone who can't fly to reach the city. Those that do visit are the faeries from the earth region, dragons from all over Gaea, and anyone who has a contract with a sky creature. Those that can manage to visit do so and it is not uncommon for creatures such as dragons and griffons to take gifts in exchange for a ride to the beautiful city. Zephyr is the only deity who does not have a temple separate from the capital city. Instead her temple is contained within the city walls and is much smaller than any others dedicated to the Gods or Goddesses. This is not out of any kind of disrespect but because it is easier as a massive city is hard enough to keep floating already. In actuality the people of Cadiir are very loyal to their deity for they know angering her would risk having their home fall out of the sky.

Senzosini is the capital of the spirit region. This region is encompassed by a grouping of mountains, the tallest of which is Mt. Estovur, where the capital is located. At its center it the temple and the city branches out from there. The monks who live there and run it are the main group of people in this region who use magic. Mostly they use strictly amethyst gems. It is believed that the temple has a place where they store the gems and that this one room is completely filled with them. While not many people from this region leave it, a lot of outsiders visit. They come seeking enlightenment usually. Someone with a problem or facing difficulties usually visits Senzosini and goes to the temple. The calm atmosphere immediately relaxes people and one little spell cast with an amethyst is usually enough for them to find the answers they seek. The one thing that sets this region apart from others is the snow, since everything in the spirit region is located high in the mountains.

Ixavia is the only place that resides on the borders of all the different regions. A coastal city, it prospers because each deity watches over it. They worship all the Gods and Goddesses, but especially Yeva herself. All the gemstones can be found here in almost equal quantities, except of course for citrine, opal and diamonds. Ixavia is the center of all magical learning and discovery. People come from all different regions to learn and experience its diversity. All different creatures reside there. It is the most advanced city in all of Gaea, and was the first place to start making contracts. There are nine different temples in the city, one for each deity.

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxx
                                                                                  I THINK IT’S SINKING IN, DAYS THAT I WONDER
                                                                                  xxxxxxWHERE I’VE BEEN, BUT I WONT LOSE A POUND
                                                                                  I THINK IT’S SINKING IN, DAYS THAT I WONDERxxxxxxWHERE I’VE BEEN, BUT I WONT LOSE A POUND
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

Sapphires can be located in any body of water, no matter the distance from the water region. Most reside in the oceans and sometimes wash up on the shores of coastal areas. These stones range from a lighter, more vibrant blue to a much darker color that can appear nearly black. The darker stones last much longer but spells cast with them are weaker and some of the more advanced spells cannot be performed with them. The brighter blue sapphires are rarer and have a higher concentration of pure magic. Spells to do with sapphires are the abilities to control water, manipulate it, change its state, the ability to breathe under water, talk to aquatic creatures, swimming, and most specifically and commonly used for physical healing. People who use sapphires outside of the land of water are typically doctors, nurses, and firefighters.
User Image

Rubies are the hardest to find outside their region. They are only found after a volcanic eruption. Although there are different volcanoes all over Gaea, the best place to find them is of course in the fire region. The largest island in the fire region, on the north end, contains the largest and most active volcano on all of Gaea and produces the most rubies. When casting spells with a ruby the magic user is able to create fire, of different sizes and strengths; the bigger or hotter the fire the more magic is used. Other abilities are holding and manipulating fire, creating heat, containing a fire that is already burning and even moving it. This stone is most commonly used for cooking, heating, and for containing fires in buildings, forests, etc.

Diamonds come from Zephyr, the goddess of air. Her region is not an actual place on Gaea, but the atmosphere itself. These gems simply fall from the sky occasionally, and are more abundant after a time of strong winds or a tornado. The only way for someone who cannot fly to enter or leave Cadiir, the capitol of the air region, is to use the magic from a diamond. The main thing diamonds are used for is flight; the higher you go and the longer you fly the more magic is used.

Citrines & Opals are rarer than diamonds and are also scattered all over. Citrines come from sunlight, and Opals from moonlight. Not much is known about them and when found they are treasured, hardly ever used. People who have learned how to use them are not very common and must have a lot of natural ability. Finding someone who actually has experience with using one of these gems is almost as rare as the stones themselves. The true capacity of these stones is not known. It seems possessing a citrine enhances the abilities of those who use rubies, and opals do the same thing for those who use sapphires.

Emerald is the gem of Cloris, and is the most common gem you can find. It is found most in the region of earth but can be found on any dry land in Gaea, though the more plant life there is the more likely you will be to find emeralds. People who don't typically use magic may still use emeralds in this region. The people here use the stones to be able to communicate with animals and plant life. Other uses for these stones though are to control plants, make them grow, help to navigate your way around, manipulate rocks and minerals, etc. Emerald stones enhance growth, strength, health, and emotional and physical balance.

Onyx is the stone of Arawn the god of death. While it can be hard to find them outside of the death region, they are usually found by digging for them or in underground caves. People who live in the Utyrion Deserts often go on expeditions out of the capitol and the towns into the barren wasteland to search for them. They are found by digging out in the desert, and there are even onyx mines. Not much is known about these stones. The desert dwellers have learned to use them to locate food and water sources, as all living things have a soul and the stones may be used to locate that soul. It is said that one with enough skill and magic can draw the soul out of a living creature, thus killing it. Also, as it was learned when the Utyrions did so to destroy Ixavia, it is possibly to open a gateway to the underworld in order to release the malevolent spirits that have been banished there and form a contract with them.

Amethyst are found high in the mountains, especially on Mt. Estovur. The most common places Amethysts are discovered outside of the mountains in the spirit region are in peaks all over Gaea and deep caves. These stones are used for healing just like sapphires are, but they are much stronger and do not heal physical injuries or diseases of the body, instead they are used to treat an illness of the mind. Most often their purpose is to enhance creativity, to calm, relax, and ease the mind, and to stimulate the brain and produce ideas. People tend to over look the significance and impact these gems have, so there are not many users outside of the spirit region and most of them are monks.

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                                      xxxxxx
                                                                                                      YOU WON’T BELIEVE THAT YOU
                                                                                                      xxxxxxKNEW ME WELL
                                                                                                      YOU WON’T BELIEVE THAT YOU xxxxxxKNEW ME WELL
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

Yeva is referred to as the Goddess of Life, or the Creator, and is responsible for all living things and the creation of Gaea. She is also responsible for the creation of all the other Gods and Goddesses, gifting them with some of her own magic to give them immortality and power. Thus the magic from the different gemstones created from residue of magic from each deity is really magic from Yeva. All regions have temples and monuments to her throughout but none so much as Ixavia. Since the city existed on neutral ground they felt it was more important to give their worship to her primarily.
User Image
                      The Sun God, Solaris is only responsible for guiding the sun across the sky. He has very strong opinions and can be the most critical of the Gods. He is even more volatile than Devi, the fire goddess. Those from all different regions tend to worship him the most after their own Gods, fearing his wrath. He has destroyed crops, and caused droughts when angered. He doesn't get along with most of the Gods usually except Aysel.

Goddess of the Moon, Aysel is the exact opposite of Solaris. They really are as different as night and day. Of all the deities she is considered the most kind and the most loved, although she is worshipped less than all the others. This tends to be because people know they do not need to fear punishment for this or negative effects. The people of the water region and anyone who uses water magic worship her more than anyone of other regions. Her quiet and timid nature keeps her from contradicting Solaris and is the only real reason they “get along”.

As the water goddess, Naida has the largest region and the most overlap with others. She also looks over the largest population of living beings, rivaled only by Cloris. It is said she resides in the heart of the sea and exists in a liquid state most of the time. Her followers tend to be attuned to the waves of emotion and are good at reading moods. This gives them a special sensitivity in relationships, knowing when to show warmth and when to hold back. At their best, they are a healing force that brings people together. They have to work harder than those who follow other elements to maintain their personal boundaries. People from the water region can have an air of being aloof or even shy at first, but they're the warmest of souls when you've won their trust. All in all, those from the land of water are very intuitive, and like water itself they can slip easily through the cracks of emotional barriers, social groups, move around, over and slowly break down obstacles.

Cloris is the Goddess of Earth, or more specifically rocks, soil, minerals, plant life and vegetation, and has a strong connection to wildlife. Her region is the second largest and her domain is all land on Gaea. All food sources come from her, so if one region is in need of more resources they pray to her. Someone from the earth region is acutely aware of the flora and fauna, often have leaves in their hair or dirt on their hands. They're intimately attuned to the dance of nature, and love to spend time outdoors. They engage with life through the five senses. It takes time to sense the dense physical world, and earth signs can operate at a slower, more thorough pace than the other elements. These people are very productive and focus on the tangible but do not respond well to change and can be very stubborn as well as prideful. They worship Cloris, as well as Naida, Zephyr, Yeva and Solaris but when it comes to the other deities they do have much use for them and don't care much for their followers. Most do not like to be away from the forests that are their home.

People outside of the land of fire often expect that the Fire Goddess, Devi, is a hard deity to please. This isn't the case and she takes very good care of her people. The fire region is much smaller than earth, water or death, but a great deal larger than air or the neutral area. It falls in the middle, and this can be said about most aspects of the region. Its people are devout but do not worship as much as the people of other deities, they are happy and prosperous yet not overly so. This is often surprising to people because those who live there do not reflect this at all. They're prone to sudden illuminating flashes of insight and bursts of enthusiasm. Like fire itself, they can flare up when inspired, making them seem very passionate about life. They like to live large, and often feel frustrated by mundane chores and duties. These people are known to be intuitive, and to rely on gut-level instincts. Going on faith in their inner guidance gets them far, but they have a tendency to skip crucial steps, or to be unaware of the emotional impact of their actions. They often like to take risks and can seem very reckless to others. Usually they act on instinct, following a powerful intuition that keeps them at the leading edge of fresh experiences. These people are leaders, but he can also be extremely volatile because their emotions can change wildly and most have quite a lethal temper. They tend to clash with those of the earth region.

As the Goddess of Air, Zephyr's region is the atmosphere itself. Although this encompasses a lot, her region is usually only considered as the one city in the sky and is considered the smallest of all the regions. She is generally kind to her people but they work hard to keep her happy. Though not as volatile as Solaris, she does have a temper and the people who live in her region do not want to risk getting on her bad side. To people of other regions who don't worship her accordingly, they face raging winds and tornados. Luckily for those regions, she is the most inactive of the gods. Mostly she focuses on the atmosphere and keeping her sky city aloft. Air dwellers can appear detached, aloof, remote, and cool. Sometimes they'll try to talk their way through feelings or analyze a situation instead of encountering its full emotional weight. Their gift is for flexibility, even more so than the people in the land of water. They're often excellent communicators and storytellers. They link people together socially, and often have a curiosity that keeps them out and about. These are the "idea people," who breeze in and offer a fresh perspective on the situation at hand. As social creatures, since their currency is ideas, they'll find more stimulation when out mingling. Of all the people from different regions living in Ixavia, most were from the air region and were one of the main reasons the city was so prosperous.

Being the God of Death often means people fear Arawn and he usually doesn't get the credit he deserves. His is worshipped the least and when he is, he is the only God people make sacrifices to. These sacrifices are usually just small animals and this mostly happens in Arawn's own region. The people who live in the region of death have dedicated their cities and towns to him although they do not spend much time actually praying to him. He is not cruel at all despite what people think. As the contrast to Yeva herself, he has the most power out the Gods she created. It is his job to watch over the life stream. When someone dies their soul returns to the life stream and when someone is born a soul leaves the life stream and enters that person's body. He is also responsible for the Underworld, where the spirits of people who are malevolent are sent after their physical bodies have died. People who follow Arawn have no fear of their own death. They are very good at survival considering where they live. A lot of them have resentment toward other regions, seeing them as hogging Gaea's resources.

Duscha is the God of Spirit. What is the difference between your soul and your spirit? A soul is your life force, your spirit is what makes you different from everyone else. A spirit is made up of your experiences, your feelings, likes and dislikes, your past and present, everything about you. To be in touch with your spirit is to be in complete harmony with yourself and the world around you. People in the spirit region live the longest and are happiest. There are no problems in their mind, only solutions. Nothing is ever as bad as you think it is; they are optimists. They are also reclusive, socializing with their own but hardly ever leaving the mountains. They are the least advanced civilization, by choice, and use the least amount of magic. They prefer to do things by hand and live simply.

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxx
                                                                                  xxxxxxUP AND BE A MAN ABOUT IT, AND
                                                                                  xxxxxxFIGHT FOR, SOMETHING, FIGHT FOR SOMETHING
                                                                                  xxxxxxUP AND BE A MAN ABOUT IT, AND xxxxxxFIGHT FOR, SOMETHING, FIGHT FOR SOMETHING
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

███████████ ███ CONTRACTS
                      Humans and various humanoids have the ability to make contracts with animals and some creatures. A contract is a bond between the two spirits. The basis for a contract is usually from a companion relationship. Companion relationships are those where an animal or creature has the beginnings of a bond with a human or humanoid. They are able to understand one another/converse, have a general loyalty to the other and respect. Over time if the human or humanoid wishes to create a contract it is up to the animal companion to accept. If accepted, this magical contract is really just an oath, an agreement from the animal that they will allow their spirit to be bonded with their companion. When this happens, the human or humanoid and animal forms will be merged, the human/humanoid will be able to transform into the creature at will. The size of the animal form changes though, usually growing to at least double the size for normal Gaea animals, but if the contract is with a creature such as a dragon or griffon, the size does not change. The spirit animal is still present in the way that they can converse mentally with their human or humanoid. A contract is binding, once it has been made it cannot be broken. Companion relationships do not always lead to contracts though, as the animal/creature companion usually does not want to give up their body and free will. There are families of humans and humanoids who all have contracts with a specific animal or group of animals, and all their descendants usually have contracts as well.
User Image
                      OCCUPATIONS/TITLES

███████████ ███ MAGIC HUNTER
                      Just as their name might suggest, Magic Hunters hunt for magic stones. They come from all of the different regions and different races. They are generally nomads, working and traveling alone. Sometimes referred to as Jewel Hunters, most have some knowledge of magic considering they have gemstones in their possession at any given time. A lot have backgrounds as warriors. It comes in handy because their jobs can be quite dangerous. Each Magic Hunter is a rival to any other. Although they travel all over Gaea, generally they specialize in finding gems from their own regions. After acquiring stones, magic hunters will then sell or trade them. Finding gems is different in the Death region than any others.

███████████ ███ MAGE
                      Magic users who study, learn, practice, and use the magic from all the different gemstones are considered Mages. It isn't common for a mage to use more than one or two different kinds of stones. Someone from the water region may only use sapphires, but it is possibly that they may have learned how to use one other stone to; say diamonds for example. Their expertise would be with sapphires but they would have the knowledge and ability to use diamonds as well. If a mage is capable of using more than one stone they could eventually learn to combine the magic from both. Those who are very skilled in magic and/or have a lot of experience can sometimes use more than two different jewels. It is very difficult to master three or more types of magic but it is possible. The people who could do this were generally from Ixavia and usually attended the cities school for magic. The University specialized in teaching people to use all different types of magic. Magic users are defensive fighters because they aren't good in close ranges. The best magic to have if you don't have a lot of distance is fire. Most fire users can grip a ruby in their hand and create flames and these kinds of spells are designed not to burn the user. In close range, they usually don't stand a chance against warriors but can hold their own against a thief, or other. A PERSON WHO KNOWS MINIMAL MAGIC AND DOES NOT STUDY OR PRACTICE IT REGULARLY IS NOT CONSIDERED A MAGE. While they may use small amounts of magic, they are not experienced like a mage is.

███████████ ███ WARRIOR
                      Melee fighters, warriors are highly trained in the arts of weaponry. They are strong and quick on the battlefield. As such they can deal large amounts of damage. Non-magic warriors use weapons to fight such as swords, axes, or lances. Those who are also magic users will still have knowledge and ability to use weaponry, but will use magic as well. This could consist of combining their weapon with their magic (a flaming sword, per say) or using magic to enhance their attacks, i.e. increase speed, strength, etc. They are not near as qualified with magic as a Mage, but they can hold their own. Usually warriors use magic just for healing after battle.

███████████ ███ THIEF
                      Thieves are found in every region but are in abundance in the land of death. Most everyone there could be labeled with the term thief at some point. But typically thieves do a similar job to magic hunters but instead of finding gems and selling them they steal anything and everything and sell that. Most often this does come back to gems though because in Gaea, if you don't have money then magic jewels work just as well. Thieves aren't the best fighters and don't have backgrounds as warriors like magic hunters. But they are capable; usually skilled with small knives and light weight weapons that can be easily concealed, with great speed and agility if not much strength or defense. Thieves do not always work alone though, but may band together. After collecting their spoils a thief will gather with their "family", display their goods and create a plan to sell them.

███████████ ███ SEER
                      An oracle, a seer is someone who has premonitions and visions of the future. They have the ability to predict the future or see outcomes and the different paths the future might take. Someone with this power is very rare and often they are thought to be frauds. Others though, usually because of their accuracy, are revered. People will go to a seer, respected or otherwise, to try and get a glimpse of their future. The more experienced the psychic ability the more accurate the information, also the seer will be able to get a premonition without any physical contact to the person or object.

███████████ ███ MONK
                      As part of a team, Monks are not generally around for their fighting skills. A monk is valued first for their advice and healing ability, as well as their knowledge and strategic abilities. But they are capable fighters. Unlike warriors, they do not use magic or weapons when fighting but prefer strict hand to hand combat. They have good speed, though less than a thief, and good strength, less than a warrior. In general they are well-rounded fighters; not the best or worst in any certain area. Monks are generally peaceful though and most are from the spirit region.

███████████ ███ SCHOLARS & INVENTORS
                      As they both typically come from the air region, scholars & inventors are often grouped together. A scholar is someone who generally works in the libraries of the capitol and surrounding cities, most are born or their family originates from the land of air or possibly the spirit region. They fill up volumes on everything from each of the deities, gemstones, regions, etc. Like a mage or warrior they have an area of expertise. Usually a scholar has no combat abilities. There is nothing more important to them than knowledge and they consider the loss of knowledge to be a great tragedy. Inventors are similar in their origin but otherwise differ from scholars. They do not generally 'specialize' and are usually a far deal more eccentric than anyone you might meet. Their thought processes are not entirely logic based and some people, even a scholar with all their knowledge, might not be able to grasp the ideas of these people until they have been put into practice. While strictly speaking they aren't fighters either, they can be an asset as they are skilled at creating weapons and various handy devices out of random objects as well as making great traps. While a scholar would typically have no magical ability an inventor may use stones on occasion.

███████████ ███ DRAGON RIDER
                      Dragon Riders are very different than someone who has made a contract with a dragon. A dragon and the rider have a companion relationship, which is generally a precursor to a contract but most dragons never form contracts with dragon riders. They are someone who is typically a very strong and skilled warrior, enough to convince a dragon to help and listen to them. They are used as a means to travel and also as a convenient weapon for their strength and fire breathing. Dragon riders are used for aerial attacks and to destroy structures primarily. Quite rare, they are as uncommon as dragon contracts for it takes a lot to convince a dragon to respect a person.

RACES

███████████ ███ HUMANS
                      You shouldn’t need to know too much about humans, I haven't changed them much from real life. Humans in Gaea live in all different regions and have all different occupations and titles.

███████████ ███ ELVES
                      The elves are of the same average height as humans. The common thread that runs within the elven heritage is their slim frame, pointed ears, and almond-shaped eyes. How pointed an elf's ears are varies. Elven to human lifespan ratio is 3 to one, which means a 60 year old elf looks 20 years old in human age. This also means, for the first 3 years of their lives, an elf will have body of a one year old equivalent human baby. The earliest teachings of the elven history support a harmonic coexistence between the elves and Gaea, most elves come from or at some point originate from the earth region and worship the goddess Cloris. They can be found, in small numbers, in all the other regions as well. Once they reach their fiftieth year, and through until almost their second century, curiosity in sexual relations blossoms. It is the time of exploring themselves and their passionate whims, and it is completely acceptable in the elven society to have younger elves explore many lovers. This expectation and acceptance however, does not extend to elf-human inter-relations. A person who is half human and half elf will have pointed ears, but barely; just the very tips of their ears will have a slight point, barely enough to notice unless one looks closely.

███████████ ███ FAERIES
                      The only physical difference between faeries and elves is that faeries have wings. Their temperament is generally the same as well. The main difference is that all faeries have magic abilities, but tend to stick only to either emeralds or citrines for their magic. Even more than elves, they have a very strong connection to nature and don't tend to live in cities. Instead they prefer to make their dwellings in the forest and live typically only among themselves. They also can be quite mischievous and like to play tricks particularly on unsuspecting humans, despite their usually sweet appearance and kind, gentle attitude. Most teach their children that it is not wise to trust a faerie and to not be fooled by their beauty.

███████████ ███ DRAGONS
                      The dragon's strength is found most in its tail, not in its teeth. Ranging in size, the average dragon is from the fire region and is typically a bit larger than a full grown elephant, there have been rare cases of dragon's that dwarf even this. Most that come from other regions are smaller. They do breathe fire generally no matter what region they come from but some do not have this ability. All can fly but the dragons of the land of water have adapted and some are able to swim as well. They do not have another form; they are dragons all the time. Very wise creatures, their life span can be hundreds and some even speculate thousands of years. They are by far the oldest and longest living creatures. Dragons can be quite temperamental, arrogant creatures, and are often feared. One must show them the proper respect when encountering a dragon. Contracts with them are rare. They are a fountain of knowledge due to their life span. It is whispered there a those who even recall the creation of the other Gods by Yeva.

███████████ ███ MERFOLK
                      Merfolk appear human from the waist up and have a fish tail for the lower half of their body. Scale color varies as widely as the coloring of tropical fish. Hair is nearly always worn long -- sometimes braided or beaded – and can match scale color. Their gills are located below and just behind their ears, but out of the water these gills seal up into small slits that may be mistaken as scars. Out of the water they are capable of taking on a human form but to maintain this form takes the magic of sapphires. The longer they stay on land the more magic is used, so those who intend to stay a while always have with them a good supply of sapphires and quickly learn how to acquire more, usually not travelling too far from a body of water. Merfolk have slight builds and are slender and graceful. In human form they cannot swim, but if they were to get wet it would not cause them to change back. They can choose when to switch forms, or if they run out of magic they will switch back automatically. Even in human form though it is uncomfortable for them to be too far away from the ocean and so all who reside in human form for long periods of time live in coastal regions. They prefer salt water over fresh water. When in their natural form they do not wear clothing as it is too restrictive and uncomfortable, nor does it serve a purpose. Physical adornment might consist of anything, including necklaces, torques, earrings, bracelets, belts, armbands, anklets -- all form-fitting, as loose items are dangerous and easily lost. Merfolk life expectancy is 50-60 years. The voices of the Merfolk are described as 'silvery' or 'fluted', or an occasional deeper timbre among males. It is a rare treat indeed to hear a group of them singing.

███████████ ███ GRIFFINS
                      The griffin is a winged, four-footed animal. It has the body of a lion, but the wings and head of an eagle. They are strong enough to carry away an entire live ox. Not only do griffins mate for life, but also, if either partner dies, then the other will continue throughout the rest of its life alone; never to search for a new mate. In temperament they are generally mysterious creatures as they do not interact with humans typically. Those who do, or have companion relationships, tend to be regal creatures. They are very friendly as long as you do not disrespect them. Most commonly they are found in the air region or in the spirit region.

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxx
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxTO HAVE AND HOLD YA OVER SOLD YA
                                                                                  xxxxxxTHEY'RE MARCHING LIKE TOY SOLDIERS
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxTO HAVE AND HOLD YA OVER SOLD YA xxxxxxTHEY'RE MARCHING LIKE TOY SOLDIERS
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

User Image
                      WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SOUL AND A SPIRIT?
                      In this world, a lot. Each person has three parts: their physical body, their soul, and their spirit. A soul is simply the life force. All souls are exactly the same. When someone is born their soul comes out of the lifestream and into their body, when they die that soul returns. There must be a certain balance of souls on Gaea and in the life stream, which is maintained by the god of death. A spirit is the essence of a person, what makes them...them. Spirits that are evil, after a person dies their spirit goes to the underworld. Someone with a good spirit, a good person, they either go to gaea's equivalent of 'heaven' or linger behind on gaea. Basically like ghosts. Souls are neither good nor evil and do not reside in the underworld.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COMPANION OR A CONTRACT?
                      A contract is a magical agreement formed between an animal/creature with either a human, mermaid, or an elf. This includes half-elves, etc. The animal accepts an offer from the human/elf/merperson to combine their spirits. Thus the animal gives up their physical form and the human/elf/merperson gains the ability to transform into that animal. They can communicate with the animal still, sort of like the animal becomes a voice in their head once the spirits are bonded. A companion is just an animal or creature that is sort of like a friend or pet. Usually it is the basis for a contract. The animal must feel great respect, loyalty, or love for their counterpart before they will offer a contract.

IF SOMEONE HAS A COMPANION RELATIONSHIP DOES THAT MEAN THEY'LL HAVE A CONTRACT?
                      No. Not all companion relationships result in a contract. Sometimes neither party wants one, or sometimes just one. Usually its the animal that does not want to give up their freedom and their physical body.

WILL YOU ALLOW OCs?
                      Possibly later in the roleplay, but for now: no. Right now the characters that are needed are the ones listed above. Eventually I might allow original characters, so if you want to stay subscribed to us and wait for that to happen be my guest.

HOW DOES ONE "HARNESS" THE POWER OF THE GEMS?
                      The most basic way is someone could simply be holding a stone and by focusing on it and what they want to happen, there will be a reaction.
                      This is basically what someone who is "magic user" does. They have no real training or skill with the stones.
                      A mage is someone who has trained to better focus the energy to react the way they want, and in some cases "spells" or "incantations" can be used. These phrases however are just a form of guiding the energy with your thoughts, but spoken out loud.
                      In short, if you have a magic stone you can do magic. At your own risk though and with varying results.

WHAT DOES A CONTRACT WITH A KERE INVOLVE?
                      Kere's are not creatures you make contracts with, they are what you become after you have made a contract with a dark spirit from the Underworld.
                      These are the tainted, deformed spirits of humans, creatures, elves, etc. Sometimes the spirits of different races combine when sent to the Underworld, so a lot of dark spirits are "undefined". When someone makes a contrat with them, their spirit's are joined such as with a regular contract. The human, elf, or merfolk who makes the contract retains their physical body, and the secondary spirit is able to communicate with the telepathically.
                      The human, elf, or merfolk is able to transform from their own body, into that of the secondary spirit's. Even though the dark spirits no longer have bodies, when they appear from the Underworld they do have a shape, or an appearance, it just isn't solid. Like a ghost really. When the primary soul transforms into this form though, the body is now solid again.

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

User Image

The following is the application. If you want to join Timeless, please fill it out accordingly and post in the Out Of Character thread. You can find a link to the OOC in the first post of this thread.

█████████████ ███ USERNAMExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your Gaia username (and any nicknames you would like to be referred to by).

█████████████ ███ CHARACTERxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The role/character that you are applying for.

█████████████ ███ SAMPLESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post samples. Please include at least 3 links to different post samples, from three different roleplays (onexone's, group rps, whichever..).
                                Do not include any intro-posts in the first three samples provided. One intro may be included as an extra post sample.

█████████████ ███ EXAMPLExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An example of a post you would do for this character, consisting of 300-500 words.
                                Scenario: the battle has commenced, Ixavia is under attack. Where are you? What are you doing? Tell me what is happening.
                                Be as creative as you want, go nuts! Show me what you can do.

[color=#007C36]█████████████ [/color][color=#DEB762]★[/color][color=#007C36] ███[/color] [size=14][color=#313518][u][color=#313518] USERNAME[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/color][/size]

[size=10]Your Gaia username (and any nicknames you would like to be referred to by).[/size]

[color=#007C36]█████████████ [/color][color=#DEB762]★[/color][color=#007C36] ███[/color] [size=14][color=#313518][u][color=#313518] CHARACTER[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/color][/size]

[size=10]The role/character that you are applying for.[/size]

[color=#007C36]█████████████ [/color][color=#DEB762]★[/color][color=#007C36] ███[/color] [size=14][color=#313518][u][color=#313518] SAMPLES[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/color][/size]

[size=10]Post samples. Please include at least 3 links to different post samples, from three [i]different[/i] roleplays (onexone's, group rps, whichever..).
                      Do not include any intro-posts in the first three samples provided. One intro may be included as an [i]extra[/i] post sample. [/size]

[color=#007C36]█████████████ [/color][color=#DEB762]★[/color][color=#007C36] ███[/color] [size=14][color=#313518][u][color=#313518] EXAMPLE[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/color][/size]

[size=10]An example of a post you would do for this character, consisting of 300-500 words.
                      [b]Scenario:[/b] the battle has commenced, Ixavia is under attack. Where are you? What are you doing? Tell me what is happening.
                      Be as creative as you want, go nuts! Show me what you can do.[/size]

annamatronics's Compadre

Bashful Bunny

11,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

xxxxxx
                                                                        User Image
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxx
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEVER AFTER WAS MINE I'LL BE YOUR
                                                                                  xxxxxxEVER AFTER SO FIRE AWAY GOODBYE
                                                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEVER AFTER WAS MINE I'LL BE YOURxxxxxxEVER AFTER SO FIRE AWAY GOODBYE
xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxx

User Image

███████████ ███ PERPETUAL ◊ h e i r

xxxxxxxxxx m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 4xxxxxxx n / a
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx curiousxxxxx cheerfulxxxxx intelligentxxxxx lovablexxxxx intuitive
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCaelxxxxxxxD’Argorrid

The son of the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r and the PERPETUAL ◊ l e a d e r , Cael is a very happy child. His father is the current leader of Ixavia and this makes him the most likely candidate to eventually take over the job, he’s being groomed for it. With a mother who is a powerful mage and runs the University, his education is well taken care of and he is surprisingly articulate and quite intelligent for a child of his age. Most citizens know who he is and he is quite loved by the people. Despite this he is never left unguarded. If he isn’t with his parents there is usually a soldier appointed to keep him safe or his mother’s griffon companion Kellan. It’s not uncommon for him to sit in on a class his mother is teaching or a routine council meeting with his father. At the age of four, it will only be two more years before he’s expected be gifted with a wolf companion. It is assumed he will eventually have a wolf contract like his father.

[ NPC ]

User Image

███████████ ███ PERPETUAL ◊ s t u d e n t

xxxxxxxxxx f e m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 19xxxxxxx m a g e
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx quietxxxxx organizedxxxxx responsiblexxxxx studiousxxxxx determined
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnneliesexxxxxxxSaerlin

With a soft-spoken nature, she’s not really as sweet as she seems. Her father is the PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e and her mentor the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r . Both strong personality types, it helps for her to be good at doing what she’s told. But she’s bright, kind, and brave. Studying to be a mage takes a lot of dedication, but she wants to be a healer. With the possibility of an attack and war spreading to Ixavia, she wants to join the army. Other than just sapphires she has been training with other gems too and believes herself to be a good asset to the mages who will be fighting even if she isn’t one yet. It will be up to her to convince her father and her mentor, who will finally agree on something when it comes down to telling her no. She thinks the FLOATING ◊ k n i g h t might be able to help her. If anyone wants to get close to the PERPETUAL ◊ c o m r a d e or the PERPETUAL ◊ m o t h e r , she’s a good way to do so.

[ NPC ]

User Image

███████████ ███ HALTING ◊ u n k n o w n

xxxxxxxxxx f e m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 16xxxxxxx s e e r
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx anxiousxxxxx emotionalxxxxx child-likexxxxx hauntedxxxxx unstable
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEavanxxxxxxxn / a

No one really knows anything about her, but her powers as an oracle are why HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n keeps her around. Unfortunately it seems she only has visions of violence and destruction and over the years this has taken a toll on her state of mind. It’s suspected her age is somewhere around fifteen or sixteen but she has the mentality of a child and her usual state is naïve and scared. She trusts her master completely as he is the only person ever to take any interest in her, even though he treats her more like a pet than anything else. She hardly ventures anywhere unless with him. One reason she is so important to his cause is that she has a strange reaction to onyx. When they are near her the stones pulse and glow. A lot of the time she is overly emotional and easily upset, she has a tendency to babble when she speaks. When she recounts a vision she takes on an eerie calm and seriousness.

[ NPC ]

User Image

███████████ ███ HALTING ◊ i n t e l l i g e n c e

xxxxxxxxxx f e m a l exxxxxxx h u m a nxxxxxxx 24xxxxxxx s c h o l a r
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxx logicalxxxxx solitaryxxxxx naivexxxxx dedicatedxxxxx kind
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSeliaxxxxxxxLynden

A desert scholar, she can typically be found at the library in Majitreos at any given time. If anyone in the deserts has a question about anything, they can go to her or one of the other scholars who work in the library archives. Even if she doesn’t know the answer she knows where or how to find it. This is why HALTING ◊ a m b i t i o n went to her in the first place. She didn’t think much of him asking questions about the Underworld or about onyx, she gets all kinds of strange questions. Her only interest is knowledge and has no idea what the information she’s providing is being used for. She gives no thought to the politics of the world and has no idea what’s happening in the deserts or in the earth region. If it isn’t in a book somewhere, she doesn’t give it any thought.

[ NPC ]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces