Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Since the beginning of history, the human race has always expanded, through either exploration or conquest, it has grown. With Earth's own secrets and puzzles sufficiently uprooted and figured out, there seemed only one place left to go. Space.
By this time, humans had invented a way to travel at light speed, making the momentous task of discovering new worlds substantially easier. So, humans traveled throughout the Milky Way, turning uninhabited planets into colonies in order to spread farther. But to their dismay, the humans came upon no intelligent life, that is, until one day...

On the colony of Naelis, in one of the outer systems, a message was recieved from an unidentified craft. The officials there were perplexed. The sound was nothing but harsh sounding gibberish. They tried decoding it, thinking it was a possible pirate code, but soon dismissed it, as there was no match. They believed it was just a burst of static from a ships comm relay. Unfortunately, they were terribly wrong. In one swift blow, thousands of rough-looking ships landed, and out piled large, green and blue human-looking creatures. The only thing dfferent were their faces, bestial and hog-nosed with small tusks instead of lower canines, they looked like what could only be described as Orcs, like from fantasy stories. However, these brutes were very real, and overcame Naelis quickly.

But, there were some who escaped capture, death, or enslavement. Those who did sent transmissions for help in a mad panic. To their dismay, no human ships answered. Instead, there came another message like the earlier one, except instead of harsh, it was musical, and somehow reassuring. The humans couldn't understand what these strange new people said, but somehow, they knew things would be fine. And sure enough, by the time a human fleet arrived Naelis was free, and under guard by odd, sleek ships. The saviors of Naelis were a strange, tall, blue-haired, point-eared, beautiful race that called themselves the Efola, but humans started calling them "Space Elves".

After a remarkably short time, the Efola learned the Human language (All humans had conformed to English by now), and explained that the Grolm were their dire enemies, that there were even more races, and about some strange "disappearances of planets". They even shared some technology. This started the Human Empire back up, hungry for more...

Timeline: (Marks Human expansion only)

2016: American democracy disbanded, America begins taking territory.

2019: American Empire formed, world reacts with war.

2020: First use of combat mechs; World War III

2056: First effective LASER weapon built.

2057: World War III Ends; American Empire victorious, gains massive amount of territory.

2236: Last "free" country absorbed into American Empire.

2540: The invention of the lightspeed drive.

2545: Starship navies produced, fitted with space-friendly armaments.

2557: First successful colony founded on an earthlike planet in another solar system. Colony named Galili, solar system dubbed Galili System. Official precident set that future Solar Systems found would be named after the colony there.

2558: Tyre colony founded, (Tyre System). Port Sys Colony founded as a tourist resort, (Sys System). American Empire now renamed as Human Empire.

2560: Naelis colony founded (Naelis System). Vega colony founded (Vega System).

2562: Naelis lost to Grolm (Space Orcs). First contact with Grolm. Naelis retaken with Efola (Space Elves) aid. First contact with Efola.

2563: Cultural diffusion with Efola. First contact with Kathar (Cat People), Telke (Horned Humanoids), Sesthys (Insectoid Race), Demoor (Space Dwarves), and Vaeshi (Space Mermaids).

2565: Current year. An Efolan world "disappears", Humans investigate, there is a single survivor, half mad. First contact with Necromorphs. Races bolster their defenses, but no attack comes. Further investigation pending.

Table of Contents: (Use Ctrl+F to find easily.)

I. Rules:
- I.1 Normal
- I.2 Posting
- I.3 Characters
- I.4 Profiles

II. Races:
- II.1 Humans
- II.2 Efola
- II.3 Grolm
- II.4 Demoor
- II.5 Kathar
- II.6 Telke
- II.7 Sesthys
- II.8 Vaeshi
- II.9 Dragoon
- II.10 Necromorphs

III. Mana and Miasma:
- III.1 Mana
- III.2 Miasma
- III.3 Mana vs. Miasma
- III.4 Immortals

IV. Plot:
- IV.1 Rough Beginnings

V. Links and Profile Skeleton:
- V.1 OOC Thread
- V.2 Profile Thread
- V.3 Ship Thread
- V.4 Profile Skeleton

VI. Banners, Themes, and Other Saucy Filth:
- VI.1 Banners
- VI.2 Whitelist
- VI.3 Blacklist
User Image
I. Rules:

I.1Normal: Follow ToS, no godmodding, no cybering, no puppeting, etc... without my permission and that of whom your actions will affect. Most important of all I run things in this place. Do something I see completely unfit you'll be kicked into space with no suit >: D.

I.2 Posting: This is a big one. Harsh or not I expect at least well written paragraphs per post. This means that you're writing in third person past tense and have at least 5-7 comprehensible sentences. All things that are said should be placed around " "quotations and bolded. Thoughts should be italicized with ' ' quotations. I want pretty posts! I require that you have a picture of your character as well as quotations. As a matter of fact to make it easier on everyone I also want you to post a quick summary and your location on each post. This makes it easier to clearly understand where everyone is at and doing so there's no confusion. This stuff is pretty basic, I'm not a grammar nazi when it comes to semi colons, periods and such but I do want the posts to flow fluently so I can actually read them. Any of these rules are liable to change at any time upon my discretion. When new problems arise best believe this will updated. Other than that if there's any other questions just ask me.
I.3 Characters: Hopefully I've given enough info for you to make a character, but there are some last things we need to cover.
Names: Now, I will offer exceptions (humans have been known to copy things they are in awe of), but I want you to try and stay within your race's names.
Human names: No explanation needed, however, I don't want all humans having Japanese names. Not saying it isn't allowed, it's just that every human isn't Japanese.
Efola Names: Basically, any fantasy Elf name will do.
Grolm Names: Any fantasy Orc name will do.
Demoor Names: Try to make them sound Irish, Scottish, or Scandinavian.
Kathar Names: Should sound exotic, like African, Middle Eastern, or Indian names.
Telke Names: Give them British type names.
Sesthys Names: Only comprised of one word that sounds Greek
Vaeshi Names: Also should sound Greek
Racial Abilities, and Strengths and Weaknesses of Characters: Try to keep the strength, physical or otherwise, within racial boundaries (no Efola that can throw tanks with bare hands, and no Demoor that can burn a planet with a snap of fingers), thank you.
Home Planets: I have listed only the human colonies, not the other races', so for any one but the humans, feel free to make a planet up within reason.
Professions: Be what you want, from a space pirate to a government official.

I.4 Profiles: Profiles are to be PMed to me if you want them accepted, please. They will then be posted, by you, in the profile thread. Title the PM 'The Final Frontier'. I do demand a small degree of literacy in profiles, I know it sounds harsh, but as long as I can read it, it's fine. Also, feel free to get creative with colors and bolding and such.
User Image
II. Races:
(Some more will be included later as we come across them. All the rulers are claimable, but you have to write profiles for them.)

II.1 Humans:1/4
Example Pics: Male | Female
Description: Needing a description as much as example pictures, humans are new to this part of the galaxy, and still getting used to the idea of there being intelligent life. Humans have a long history as you well know, and are the shortest lived (and therefore most industrious) race. They are an all-around, well balanced people.
Home Planet: Earth: Do I really need to tell you?
Current Government: Empire: Black Dynasty: Emperor Antonius Gregorius Black (Real: Anthony Gregory Black)
Weapons: Laser weapons, beam swords. Their ships resemble that of the Rebel Alliance on Star Wars, not ugly, not beautiful, but effective.

II.2 Efola:2/4
Description: Though looking physically frail, they aren't as weak as they seem. These mystical, blue-haired, pointy-eared, naturally beautiful people may not have strength or force on their side, but their wits are quick, and their reflexes quicker. The dubbed "Space Elves" also have another weapon on their side: Mana (Will be explained later). They are the longest living race of all, being able to live up to 1000 years.
Home Planet: Gaia: A lush, forested planet, and contains deposits of a strange metal that looks to be a strange cross between steel and crystal. It has three moons, and a single ocean, the Sei'to'rei Ocean.
Current Government: Monarchy: House Sei'vanis: King Aeilar Sei'vanis
Weapons: Efolan ships are not the stongest, but they are the lightest and fastest, but still strong for their wieght. To lessen the need for metal, the Efolans emplot Sesthys to weave thick webbing around the inner parts of the metal, and then placed over that is the strange crystalline metal, which actually repels energy weapons. The Efola are also known for preferring swords to guns, laser or otherwise. Their personal armor is made of the same metal as the ships, and so are their blades. Like everything else, they prefer light blades, and have taken keen interest in the human "katana".

II.3 Grolm:0/4
Description: Brutish and rather ugly, these green skinned, muscular people are the dire enemies of the Efola. Incredibly warlike, and easily angered, humans are not the first to have ended on the bad side of an Grolm attack. The Grolm also have a stange and complicated system of honor and duty. Grolm live in clans, each headed by a warlord and a shaman. Grolm shaman are also able to use Mana, but not in significant amounts.
Home Planet: Gar'Bol: Unknown, no contact established.
Current Government: Confederacy of warlords: Bro-Gak Clan, Sharptooth Clan, Nez'gog Clan, Asgo'lo Clan, and more...
Weapons: Grolm do not concentrate on beauty of weapons, but rather how much damage they can deal, so most of their ships and weapons are made from scrap collected from space and junkyard planets.

II.4 Demoor:1/4
Description: Short, stocky, and tough, these people prefer cool, mountainous planets. They are the galaxy's best miners, builders, and craftsmen.
Home Planet: Demmerdel: A planet of cool summers and bitter winters, very mountainous in terrain. There are no oceans, only lakes and rivers.
Current Government: Monarchy: House Goldhammar: King Erak Goldhammar
Weapons: They may not build the fastest ships or the lightest weapons, but what they do make is quite powerful, and heavily armored. Things like gatling lasers or rocket hammers are more their prefence. While their creations lack the beauty of Efolan ships, they have a grandeur about them due to the precious metals mixed into armor and weapons.

II.5 Kathar:0/4
Description: The Kathar are a strange, and somewhat short (the highest reaching only 5' 8" ), human-like people. However, unlike humans, they have catlike ears. Their skin is always a tannish color due to the harsh sunlight of their homeworld. They are viewed as somewhat of an exotic novelty by the humans. Kathar have a small way with Mana, but have the ability to go Feral. When they do so, their canines extend, their pupils dilate, they grow tails, and their nails extend. This only happens during battle, or when they become extremely agitated, however.
Home Planet: Kathari: A planet much like the African Savannha on Earth. Strange Palm-like trees grow here as well as various shrubs and high grasses. There is one ocean called the Curoro Ocean.
Current Government: Matriarichal Monarchy: House Felili: Queen Shihara Felili
Weapons: The Kathar use weapons uncannily similar to those who live in the Middle East on Earth. They use scimitars, chakrams, throwing knives, and long range laser rifles. Their ships look like the spires from an Arabian palace, and do moderate damage. However, they are a force to be feared on land.

II.6 Telke:0/4
Description: The Telke, like Kathar, look very much human. However, all Telke have goat-like horns growing out of their head. These seem to serve no purpose, though it has been noted that each Telke family has a different hornset, so perhaps they function as something of a fingerprint. Telke are only second to Efola in Mana ability.
Home Planet: Tlalash: A temperate planet much like Earth, there are three oceans Ghanses Ocean, Liera Ocean, and the Guilbena Ocean.
Gurrent Government: Limited Monarchy w/Parliament: House Tlese: Queen Mara Tlese; Prime Minister Goram Tueda
Weapons: For weapons, the Telke usually stick to human-like arms. Beam Sabers and Laser weapons. There is no real huge differences.

II.7 Sesthys:0/4
Example Pics: Male (Same as female, save the females have larger abdomens and red markings, as well as ... breasts.)
Description: Truly the strangest of all the races, the insectoid Sesthys seem to be what would happen if a human was combined with a spider in a centaur-like fashion. They do act like humans, however, so humans are becoming friends with them, however slowly that process goes.
Home Planet: Hive Seska: A dark, swampy planet with two oceans, the Shiri Ocean and the Tiasni Ocean. Has 4 moons. All worlds they own begin with "Hive".
Current Government: Matriarichal: Hive Mother Elysnyos
Weapons: The most backwards of all the races, the Sesthys possess little weaponry beyond what they buy, however, they can create a unique light armor that is stronger than steel made of their spider-like silk. Sesthys silk is often used when layering metal for Efolan Starships.

II.8 Vaeshi:0/4
Description: Looking everything like the merpeople of myth, the Vaeshi cannot survive long outside water, and so live on planets completely covered by water. The Vaeshi also grow an odd, but highly restorative kelp-like plant that heals most wounds surprisingly fast. To get around, Vaeshi have Boatships, as well as strange devices that look like fish tanks with legs.
Home Planet: Vaes: Completely submerged, there is no landmass, forests consist of sea plants.
Current Government: Monarchy: House Tryton: King Paelar Tryton
Weapons: The Vaeshi are a peaceful race, and righly so. Not even the Grolm dare attack them, as then there is no way to grow or harvest the restorative plant without the Vaeshi.

II.9 Dragoon:2/4
Description: The Dragoon resemble humans, although slightly more muscular, and with differing features. Dragoon hair for instance, can come in any shade and color, their eyes as well, in fact, it's just as common to see someone with purple eyes as it is to see someone with green eyes. While seeming only a bit stronger than humans, Dragoon are much more so, rivaling the Grolm in strength. All Dragoon possess a pair of wings, they usually display them, but they can be compressed inside the body so they won't be hampered during a fight. While they can't use Mana until they reach their pre-pubescent years, once they do unlock it's use, Dragoon become skilled at wielding it, a few able to take on some of the more powerful Mana users.
Home Planet:0/4 Eldunari: A planet that is as varied as it's inhabitants, with 5 continents, and various islands dotting it's surface, Eldunari is a beautiful, and diverse planet. From it's frigid mountain peaks, to it's sun baked islands and harsh deserts.
Current Government: Free Monarchy(Right to rule can be challenged by anyone): Currently House Draconis: High Lord Nessus
Weapons: The Dragoon use weapons that are both practical, and pleasing to the eyes, ranging from laser weapons, to bladed variants.

II.10 Necromorphs:
Example Pics: Ghoul | Berserker | Assassin | Overlord | Immortal
Description: Necromorphs are only a half race. Obviously, they are all undead, but they are not exactly a specific race, as any member of any race can be turned into a Necromorph. After death, any Necromorph Overlord (Miasma User) can run concentrated Miasma through the dead body. This high concentration causes mutation and putrification (Rotting), but the Miasma prevents it from dying again until it is killed. Mana is extremely effective against Necromorphs, as well as Efola Foil. There are many types of Necromorphs, and more are invented as new creatures and races are come across.
Ghouls - The basic "citizen" of the Necromorphs. Performs various tasks and serves as the basic soldier.
Berserkers - Hulking, brutish, and extremely ugly, Berserkers are belived to be necromorphed Kathar in the feral state, mutated beyond recognition.
Assassins - Of an unknown race, Assassins are the least putrified of all Necromorphs. As their name dictates, thay are blindingly fast, extremely agile, and the ability to sneak is their first nature.
Overlords - Some of the most putrified, Overlords are Miasma users, and sereve to necromorph any valuable corpse they come across. But this simple purpose does not make them stupid. They are as cunning as Efola.
Immortals - Explained in the Mana section.
Home Planet: N/A
Current Government: Dictatorship?: Ankou the Dreaded
Weapons: Anything they can possibly use including themselves.
User Image
III. Mana and Miasma:

III.1 Mana:While the more superstitious humans call Mana magic, it is not magic. Mana is actually blank energy that certain races can convert into different energies, such as fire, ice, or lightning. With Mana, one can create kinetic shields, move objects, and even win a fight. However, the use of Mana takes intense training, and only Telke and Efola can use it as soon as they are born. Humans and Demoor cannot use Mana, save through special gauntlets made by the Efola for those who need it for such thing like heavy lifting, or were of sufficient rank to have earned one. They can be bought on the black market, but those that are are often faulty, or broken, and can do more harm to the user than good. Mana use slows aging, which explains why Efola and the other races live so long.

III.2 Miasma:Much like Mana, Miasma is blank energy that can be converted into different energies, such as the elements. However, Miasma is Mana's evil twin. Meaning that blank energy is turned into negative energies. black fire, black ice, or dark lightning. Miasma is the same as Mana, but negative in every way. Miasma, rather than slowing aging, increases it. However, it keeps them alive, no matter how decayed they are.

III.3 Mana vs. Miasma:Mana being positive, and Miasma being negative, nullify each other. This means that Mana, if hit with an equal amount of Miasma, will dissipate. However, if the Mana is too strong for the Miasma, the Mana will continue, uninterrupted. The same goes if Miasma is hit with Mana.

III.4 Immortals:Immortals are beings so powerful in Mana or Miasma that their aging has stopped utterly. Immortals usually become immortals near the middle of their lives. Mana Immortals can be picked out of a crowed not only for their young looks at incredible ages, but also because they can produce ribbon-like wings made of energy. Depending on the strength of the immortal, these wings range from small fairy-like ones to long tentacle-like ones.
Miasma Immortals are different though. Often times their bodies are completely devoid of flesh, and only held together by the Miasma itself. Miasma immortals are also able to "raise the dead" and create puppets out of dead bodies by running energy through them.
Overall, Immortals belong to every race save humans, who are somehow unable to use Mana or Miasma naturally. All the races hold a secret they do not even know: almost all of their rulers and ruling families are, or were, immortals. All of these rulers answer to something called the Council of Immortals. (Miasma Immortals have their own council.) The head of the Council is the strongest of all Immortals, and the hierarchy is done by each Immortal's strength in Mana. Rulers of races can be on the Council, and some have actually been known to have been Council Heads.
User Image
IV. Plot:
(Here will go the current happenings, and the plot twists we have.)

IV.1 Rough Beginnings: The human race is now an accepted member of the Confederation of Races, which includes the Efola, Demoor, Kathar, Telke, and Sesthys. However, humans are still new to this part of the galaxy, and still mistrust everyone, even each other. The Efolan empire has lost it's king and heirs. There's rumors of a living b*****d heir but now a council holds all power. It has not come to true animosity yet, but it's only a matter of time. To make matters worse, a new group of space pirates has risen up called the "Silent Raccoon", and has been attacking cargo ships. How long till it boils over, or will everything simmer down?
Current Characters Wanted: Efolan Royalty, Bounty Hunters, Efolan Military, Humans.
User Image
V. Links and the Profile Skeleton:

V.1 OOC Thread
(Questions? Comments? Randomness? Say it here!)

V.2 Profiles Thread
(Characters are posted here. Go here if you need character info!)

V.3 Ship's Thread
(Ships are posted here. Go here if you need character info!)

[imgright]anime url direct link here[/imgright]
[size=13][b]N[/b][/size][size=10]ame: [full name; first and last][/size]
[size=13][b]A[/b][/size][size=10]ge: [It can be appearance age and actual][/size]
[size=13][b]O[/b][/size][size=10]ccupation: [Pirate, Government, etc][/size]
[size=13][b]G[/b][/size][size=10]ender: [female/male][/size]
[size=13][b]R[/b][/size][size=10]ace: [self explanatory][/size]
[size=13][b]B[/b][/size][size=10]elong To: [Ship you belong to][/size]
[size=13][b]B[/b][/size][size=10]iography: [minimum is 2 paragraph. make it interesting and more is appreciated][/size]
[size=13][b]P[/b][/size][size=10]ersonality: [minimum is 2 paragraph.][/size]
[size=13][b]W[/b][/size][size=10]eapon: [Don't overdue it. Two weapons should be enough. More than that and you won't be as skilled with them][/size]
[size=13][b]A[/b][/size][size=10]ttire: [Secondary photos, outfits they usual wear and such should be put here]
[size=13][b]S[/b][/size][size=10]kills: [You only get two so make them count][/size][/size]
[size=13][b]M[/b][/size][size=10]ana or Miasma: [Yes or no? Then, gauntlet or natural? (Miasma is natural only) Then how strong your character is with it][/size][/size]
[size=13][b]L[/b][/size][size=10]ikes: [/size]
[list][list] [size=10][text text text text text][/size][/list][/list]
[color=goldenrod][/color][size=13][b]D[/b][/size][size=10]islikes:[/size]
[color=orangered][/color] [size=13][b]T[/b][/size][size=10]heme[/size] [size=13][b]S[/b][/size][size=10]ong: [url=]Song, Artist[/url][/size]
[color=red][/color] [size=13][b]W[/b][/size][size=10]hat[/size] [size=13][b]E[/b][/size][size=10]lse: [what more is there to know? Weapons you keep, a pet or something. Place it here!][/size]
[size=13][b]P[/b][/size][size=10]uppet[/size] [size=13][b]M[/b][/size][size=10]aster: [gaia username][/size]

Ship Skeleton

[size=15][align=center]≈ [color=postingcolor][b]NAME OF THE SHIP[/b][/color] ≈[/align][/size]

[imgleft]picture of the ship[/imgleft]
[size=11][b]Yo Ho Ho, This is My Ship!:[/b] [color=postingcolor]name of character Captain & username[/color]

[b]We're Out Here For The:[/b] [color=postingcolor]Navy or pirate ship?[/color]

[b]It's Condition Says It's:[/b] [color=postingcolor]age of the ship[/color]

[b]We Lean Towards:[/b] [color=postingcolor]good intentions, bad intentions, neutral?[/color]

[b]The Tale Tells All:[/b] [color=postingcolor]brief/detailed story about how the Captain came to acquire the ship, or if the ship has its own history.[/color]

[b]We've Got a Grudge Against:[/b] [color=postingcolor]leave N/A for now, but if the Captain would like to proclaim a rivalry against another ship, he/she must come to me![/color]

[b]Here's the Lovely Crew![/b]

♡ First Mate [color=postingcolor]Username/Character Here[/color]

♡ Quartermaster [color=postingcolor]Username/Character Here[/color]

♡ Boatswain [color=postingcolor]Username/Character Here[/color]

♡ Gunner [color=postingcolor]Username/Character Here[/color]

♡ Powder Monkey [color=postingcolor]Username/Character Here[/color]

♡ Carpenter [color=postingcolor]Username/Character Here[/color]

♡ Surgeon(s) [There may be more than one permitted on the ship, but no more than 3 please!][color=postingcolor]Username/Character Here[/color]

♡ Cook(s) [There may be more than one permitted on the ship, but no more than 3 please!][color=postingcolor]Username/Character Here[/color]

♡ Musician(s) [There may be more than one permitted on the ship, but no more than 3 please!] [color=postingcolor]Username/Character Here[/color]

♡ Cooper [color=postingcolor]Username/Character Here[/color]

[b]Here's My Set of Rules:[/b] each ship must have at least 5 set rules ; it is up to the captain to decide those rules.

✕ rule #1 - [color=postingcolor]rule goes here[/color]
✕ rule #2 - [color=postingcolor]rule goes here[/color]
✕ rule #3 - [color=postingcolor]rule goes here[/color]
✕ rule #4 - [color=postingcolor]rule goes here[/color]
✕ rule #5 - [color=postingcolor]rule goes here[/color]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items