Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Introduction

It was a typical high school girl sleepover for five best friends one hot July night. They talked and laughed about life and their qualms, making fun of each other’s differences and high-fiving their similarities, as only best friends know how to do. These five friends knew more about each other than anyone in the world. Unfortunately, because they are so distracted by their own lives they fail to realize what dangers are cropping up due to the political lives of their parents. You see, these girls are a rather mismatched group but what they all have in common is that their parents all work in politics. In fact, the Ready Leader’s father is running for presidency this year in an open seat election representing the Democratic Party. It doesn’t help that each one of these girl’s families are also extraordinarily wealthy. Needless to say, five daughters of some of the most prestigious families in the country together on the same night in an empty house is a very tempting opportunity for any terrorist seeking a ransom. The Puppet master certainly thought so.

He decided to hire five of his best “street rats” to kidnap these five girls and hold them hostage in a house of questionable location until further instructed. The boys know little to nothing about the circumstances of the kidnapping; they are only following orders in hopes of a fat check in the end. Each boy has their own story involving how they got caught up in this nasty business. Each boy also knows his coworkers as well as anyone could hope for. This cohesive bond between them is what keeps them working well together as well as preventing any one from getting too involved… most of the time. These girls, however, might be their undoing.

Meanwhile the girls don’t know where they are or when and/or if their parents will even pay whatever price is necessary to free them. They are allowed to roam free in a single large empty room with boarded up windows and doors in what appears to be some sort of old hotel conference room, but none of them can know for sure. Their hooded and masked captors both terrify and entrance them. But as hours turn into days, they worry if a rescue party is ever going to come. That’s when the scheming begins.

OOC Thread
Pick A Character, Any Character

Striked = Taken
Underline = Reserved
Bold = Open

All Spots Are Now Reserved!

Girls:
The Ready leader: “Born to lead” is the best definition for her. She is headstrong and stubborn and she is only ever right… except when she is wrong in which case she is still always right. It is not her fault for being this way, ever since she was little the pressure that came from being her father’s daughter were enormous. She gets along best with The Flamboyant Flirt because they agree on almost everything and they have known each other for the longest.
Reserved by: kismet89

The Shy One: The Shy One is just that: shy. While her personality is eccentric and highly entertaining only a very few get to see it. Strangers intimidate her and therefore she hides herself inside. She likes to hang out with all of her friends but she finds herself in the presence of The Intelligent One or The Sarcastic Rebel the most. She never argues with The Ready Leader but that is because she keeps most of her opinions to herself and she dislikes any kind of drama.
reserved by: Disposable Darkness

The Sarcastic Rebel: Sarcasm is this girl’s shield. She is a Class A trouble maker and is proud of it. Unlike the others, she doesn’t feel hardly any guilt for her actions and absolutely no responsibility for them. Her life moves at the pace of a humming bird’s wings and she will do just about all she can to let her overbearing parents know that she is her own master. Her best friends are her solace in life, although she sometimes gets into squabbles with The Ready Leader. She has the most fun with The Intelligent One who shares her sense of trouble. Even so she sometimes feels like she is the odd one out.

The Flamboyant Flirt: She doesn’t mean to make every guy she is ever friends with go crazy for her; It just happens. She flirts with all the boys she meets, although she sees it as harmless fun and not flirting at all. Despite the fact that she steals almost every guy’s heart any one of the other four friends are pawning after, they still love her because she would never put a boy before any one of her friends. Never ever. Plus she has a hidden nerd stuffed inside her preppy personality that they love, and she would give up watching Pretty Little Liars in a heartbeat if a Star Trek marathon was on. She has always had The Ready Leader’s back when it came to fights and drama in the group and vice versa. She admires the Sarcastic Rebel’s lifestyle and wishes she could be more like her.
Reserved by: Benasaurus

The Intelligent One: While The Ready Leader may be the one eager to lead troops into battle, everyone in the troops would die if it weren’t for The Intelligent One’s quick thinking. She is witty and smart and, along with The Sarcastic Rebel, has a mind for trouble… although she doesn’t get caught in the act as much as her friend. Math and science is her playground and she loves to take her experiments and turn them into art projects. While she loves to pal around with all of her friends, she spends most of her time with The Shy One. She finds her bizarre thinking and timid nature rather refreshing.
reserved by: kismet89

The Tom Boy:
She’s grown up around men her entire life, so it should come as no surprise that she once again finds herself to be the only girl in a group composed solely of guys. She’s anything but your conventional girl. Bugs, dirt, dead things, violence? None of it means squat to her. She doesn’t scream or squeal, she fights back. She may be one of the bravest girls you will ever meet. Although it should be noted that she doesn’t usually take well to others of her gender.

Guys:
The “Bad News” Boy: While all of these boys are technically “bad news” this one is probably the worst. He has been known to be a two-faced Playboy with a heart made of stone. While he goes through girls like cigarettes, not one of them has been able to breach the 20-foot wall surrounding his heart, although not for a lack of trying. He gets bored easily and he’s rather impatient, although he makes exceptions where money is involved. His two favorite things in life are his motorcycle and his old leather jacket. He absolutely loathes clingy girls, school, and being stuck in one place for too long.
Reserved by: Cogita Mori Vixit

The Controller: He is the one who was put in charge by The Puppet Master. His job is to make sure the girls don’t escape as well as keeping the mast updated as to what all is going on. He doesn’t know the plan anymore than the other guys, and this makes him uneasy about the whole job. He is the guy who always has a plan no matter what situation they fall into and he knows his fellow’s strengths and weaknesses better than anyone. He hates it when people push their way into his business and he would rather die than be humiliated in front of his peers. He also doesn’t like it when things go wrong so, while he is very much trouble himself, he dislikes other troublemakers.
Reserved by: DisposableDarkness

The Resentful Helper: Out of all the guys, The Resentful Helper is the least known about. He keeps himself to himself and pretty much likes it that way. He follows orders, most of the time, and his typically silent presence provides a sense of security to the other guys. He hasn’t formed any solid attachments to any of his coworkers, but they are the only people he has trusted in a long time. What the boys don’t know about him is his underlying overly protective nature. This unknown aspect could end up coming back to bite them in the butt.

The Overly Friendly One: This guy doesn’t find any harm in getting to know people. He thrives on the number of connections he has. People have a general tendency to like his easygoing personality and carefree view of life. While his life has been far from perfect, he differs from the others in his ability to find the silver lining in EVERY situation. He is mischievous as a fox and can get him and his buddies out of any situation, albeit his means of escaping are sometimes a little… unusual.

The Masochistic One: It is often said that “one pain lessens another.” No one would know the truth in this better than this guy. He has an extraordinarily high tolerance for pain, which tends to spur on his constant experiments in that field. He always has some kind of knife or needle on him in case he gets bored and there are scars covering every other inch of his body. Still, he finds no good reason to stop being the way he is. He finds that exterior pain distracts his mind from the grief he feels on the inside.
Reserved by: Rurouni Mori

The Go-to Guy:
Technically, he’s not supposed to be a part of the kidnapping plan. His presence was… unexpected. He is the Puppet Master’s head guy and most trusted confidant. The Puppet Master never meets anyone he hires in person. Instead, he sends this guy. Not much is known about The Go-to Guy. He seemed to come out of nowhere one day from, no doubt, somewhere near the bottom. To the guys he is just a babysitter sent to watch over them, although they have no idea why.

We've Got Some Rules

-This is a semiliterate to literate RolePlay. If you expect to be posting single sentences, using ** for actions, or typing like a five year old I strongly suggest you leave. I expect a minimum of two to three paragraphs for each post. I consider a paragraph to be around five sentences long. You are NOT to use ** for actions, please write it out like you would read in a book. Use quotation marks “” for speech and italics for thought. I am not a grammar Nazi, so I don’t mind simple typos or messing up with commas. I know for certain that I am not perfect in that area. If you are uncertain of the spelling for a word, look it up. That way you will know for future use. Double Brackets (()) are to be used for OOC.

-No Cybering or any of that kind of thing. Keep swearing to a minimum. I don't want to feel as if I'm reading a screenplay for The Rock. Remember, creative insults are the best kind.

-You are not to kill other people’s characters unless they have given you permission. Your character is not invincible. When a character is punched they bruise. When they are stabbed they bleed.

-Try to post as often as you can. The more often you post, the more fun it will be and the more interesting the plot. I won’t kick you out for not posting for a week or two. If you don’t post for a month or more I will assume you have left and delete your profile. Hopefully no one was having a conversation with your character. I might have to leave this particular roleplay in a couple months, just to warn you all.

-I like to see pretty posts with color and such. Pick a color for your character and use it from now on. Make it an easy to read color, please. I don’t want a headache. I also like to see pictures of your characters in your posts, and maybe their name if you like. Please use font size 10 in your posts. It looks a lot cleaner and nicer.

-I would like you to use pictures of actual people for your characters. Try to avoiding using actors and actresses. If you need help finding an image for your character and you’ve already tried photobucket and deviantart, contact me with your problem. I may be able to help.

-All character profiles are to be sent to me through pm. Don’t post them here. You can title it whatever you like. But if you want to, you can add "nothing" to the title to help me see who has read the rules and who hasn’t. Just for fun. I won’t turn you away because of that. You can have up to two characters. No more than that.
Creepy Skeletons

Fill this form out and send it to me. If you want to reserve a character while you work on your profile, just send me a pm and say so.

[size=18][align=center][color=YourPostColor]Ӊello Щorld, ʆet's ʛet to Ҟnow Ӎe.[/color][/align][/size]
[align=center][img]malformed url[/img][/align]

[align=center][b][color=darkred]My Strings Are Pulled By:[/color][/b]
(Your Username)

[b][color=darkred]My Title Is:[/color][/b]
[Whatever your character is called in the introduction. i.e. The Shy One]

[b][color=darkred]My Parents Named Me:[/color][/b]
[Your character's full name]

[b][color=darkred]I Prefer To Be Called:[/color][/b]
[If your character has a nickname]

[b][color=darkred]They Say I'm a:[/color][/b]
[girl/boy]

[b][color=darkred]My Cake Will Have:[/color][/b]
[age] Candles

[b][color=darkred]I'm A Little Interested In:[/color][/b]
[If you think your character has any predisposition to like any of the other characters]

[b][color=darkred]Here's My Story:[/color][/b]
[Tell me a little something about your character's past/present]

[b][color=darkred]Here's My Act:[/color][/b]
[Personality. Give us a feel for the character]

[b][color=darkred]A little more? A little less?:[/color][/b]
[Anything about your character you want to add?][/align]

You can find your profiles here:
Characters
Thread Status

Open/Closed/Accepting
Thread Updates and News

none at the moment. Just getting it ready. Sorry it's not as pretty as I would like, but it's a lot of work making things pretty >.<
*Reserved*
*Reserved*
*Reserved*
Open!! Post Away!
User Image

Ally stood in front of the huge, encrusted, oak door that lead into Liz’s house. She had been here a million times but there was something about its general… largeness that intimidated her. Her house was big, too, but it was filled with so much stuff and people and chaos. Liz’s house was always orderly. Well, except for those few times when the five of them got a little carried away with food fights. Walking through the door often made her straighten her posture just the slightest bit and brush the loose strands of hair back into place. One would think after spending the majority of her life having sleepovers, movie nights, and parties here she would have gotten used to it by now. Nevertheless her hand hesitated over the little white doorbell for a split second before she pressed it down and listened to the familiar Ding Dong resonate through the hallways inside. She wasn’t sure if she was the first to arrive or not, but it was getting dark outside and her older sister didn’t wait to see if the door would open before she drove away honking a brief “see you later.”

She hugged her unnecessary jacket around her nervously, scanning the brick paved road that connected her best friend’s neighborhood. Large houses Loomed over her, looking as if they had just jumped right out of one of her haunted mansion books just waiting to engulf any poor lost soul that might wander by. A few cars lined the sidewalk, but most of these people kept their vehicles inside their double car garage. There was no one else outside that she could see. She closed her eyes and shivered, even though it must have been at least 80 degrees outside. The best you could say for the weather was at least it wasn't that humid. Nevertheless she never seemed to be warm enough anymore. When she was little she would pretend she was a lizard and lay outside in the sun all day long. Nowadays she just stayed in her room and burrowed inside blankets, usually with the heat of her laptop burning into her legs. None of that would help her now, and she felt oddly exposed standing outside on the front doorstep.

She turned back around and, a little more desperate than was necessary, rang the doorbell rapidly 2 more times.
“Come one, come on.” She murmured to herself with each dong of the bell. What on earth was keeping them so long? Didn’t they usually have a maid or something to open the door? She hated always being the skittish one, but she couldn't help it. Something nagged at the back of her brain as if she was forgetting something, but she was distracted when a light came on behind the door and she heard someone messing with the locks. With one more quick glance behind her she picked up her backpack from the ground and swung it over her shoulder, her super soft blue dolphin pillow spilling out of the partially unzipped opening. She stared at the doorknob eagerly as it jostled and mentally prepared herself for the night that would ensue. Maybe there'll be gummy worms.

User Image

“Yes, Dad, I promise we won’t go into your office,” Liz repeated for the third time. She was having a sleepover with her four best friends that evening, and her father had been called away to an emergency meeting on the primaries in Washington. He wouldn’t be back until the following morning, and to say he was a little nervous about five girls alone in his house was an understatement.

“I just wish Faith had been able to come tonight to watch you girls,” He said—again. Faith was their housekeeper, and an almost stand-in mother for Liz ever since… well. But Faith had a family of her own, and couldn’t make it at the last minute.

“Dad,” Liz sighed into her phone, absently petting her fat cat BartholoMeow as he sprawled out on the bed next to her. “I’m 17. I’m going into my senior year of High School. I think I can handle a night alone with my best friends.”

After a few more assurances, they said their goodbyes. She closed her phone, glancing at the time. 7:13. They had said 7:30, but some were bound to be early.

Just to check, she strode to edge of her room, throwing open the double doors—she had lived in that room for 10 years, yet never got tired of the dramatic effect of throwing open the double doors—and peered over the edge of the balcony to see if she could spy any of her friend’s cars arriving below. She couldn’t.

Sighing, she turned around to go back inside but hesitated. For a moment—a brief moment, she felt uneasy. Almost as if something unpleasant were dripping down her spine. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and pressed 3, speed dial for her father.

But she stopped herself before pressing the call button. What was she doing? Calling her daddy because she didn’t want to be alone in the house? And she wouldn’t even be alone. Liea would be there any minute. Or Ally, or Keira, or Avery. Any minute now.

“You’re ridiculous,” she murmured to herself.

She tucked the phone away and stepped back inside. Her cat greeted her immediately as if she had been gone for hours as opposed to seconds. He trailed her as she walked through her bedroom, out and down the hall to “The Girls Bedroom” – or so the sign on the large oak doors said.

Her father had refurnished the room as a Christmas present 4 years ago, when he “realized he had five daughters instead of just one”. Five twin-sized beds, each with their own uniquely colored bedspreads, and five dressers covered in stuffed animals from countless occasions, next to five floor length mirrors. The girls never had to bring anything when they spent the night here.

Just being in the room, where Liz had laughed so hard she’d cried—multiple times, shared secrets, dreams, hopes and fears, made her smile. She’d always felt safe in this room, but more than that, she’d always felt loved in this room.

The chime seemed so far away she didn’t hear it at first, but BartholoMeow brushed up against her leg, pulling her out of her trance.

“Right, BartholoMeow,” she agreed, tucking a piece of coppery hair behind her ear, “Let’s go greet our guests.”

She skipped down the three flights of stairs, and to the front door. She pulled on the large brass knob and opened the door. Ally was there.

“Hey!”she said, beaming at her friend. “Come on in. You look a little pale, did something happen?”

They stepped inside and went to the kitchen to wait for the others to arrive.
The Sarcastic Rebel
User Image

Avery laughed as she tripped out of Jeremy Rhiner's Firebird Tras Am. She had a cigrette placed in the corner of her mouth so she could talk and smoke at the same time buit sadly, it did nothing for her bad balance. Avery turned and waved as Jeremy pulled away, zooming down the road. Jeremy Rhiner was the school' "bad boy" and Avery's on and off boyfriend. Today they were on and lucky too, considering that she really needed the ride.
Avery then made a show of throwing open the door, "Honey I'm home!" She laughed at her own joke as she shut the door, "Lizzy Bear, where are you?" She called using Liz's old nickname, the one that she really hated.
User Image

“We’re in the kitchen!” Liz called over her shoulder as she reached for two mugs from the cupboard. “And don’t you dare call me that again!” she smiled, shaking her head. It was going to be a fun night.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff