• Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100

4,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
User Image

You were sitting in the public hospital waiting to go into your surgery. It could be a very mondane surgery, of say just getting your teeth pulled, or could be as extream as facial reconstruction because of a massive fire, or to remove a cancer. Either way you are approached by very formally dressed people who tell your parents that they have an amazing new teen facility hospital which they are trying to test out and that they would do your surgery for free. Your parents jump on the opportunity.

The men and women tell your parents that they can't come, 'No adults allowed' they say. Then they take you to the hospital in a limo with blacked out windows. You drive for a while at what seems to be top speeds. When you get out of the limo you stare in amazment at the beautiful big door standing in front of you. When you look around you it seems to be that they parked right in the main loby of the hospital. No seeing the outside for you. They take you to your room, a beautiful place, nice bed, your favourite colours, how did they know? There's a TV nd a wardrobe full of clothesall in your size. They tell you to do what you like, but that there is no cell service, you start to get suspicious.

A few hours later you wake from your surgery, whatever they were meant to do, they did. And something else! You wake with somethings which don't seem familiar to you, you're different changed..........this is where our story begins.

4,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
User Image

All the normal junk.
Follow Gaia ToS!
No Cyber stuff
Sex = time skip
No taking the RPing to PMs!
I am NOT God! No one is. Just play along with everyone else. If someone says it's raining, don't say 'lets go for a walk because it's so lovely and sunny!' If one person say's it's getting late, then it's getting late.
No killing, or at least ask first. And if anyone has to leave for a while, or forever, don't just PM me, post it on the OOC thread (below) So there are no complications and all, and generally just kill off your character, or have them attempt to run away, if you are leaving forever.

To explain powers

Your character will have one main power which counter acts their setback. It's like the surgens killed a part of them to open up a new part. For example my character can talk to people through her mind, but that's becasue she can't talk normally, her mouth was sown together. But now she could talk to people all over the world through their minds if she wanted to and when she gets better at her power. But also she has better sight and better hearing, so your character could have amazing sense of smell (part animal) and super fast, but try to relate it to their personality and main power. For exampl;e my character has OCD to count everything, so her extream sight help her do that faster so she can now interact a bit more normally. So say you had a really weak girl going in for the surger, she could then have extream strenght.
[color=colour??]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Characters Full Name[/b]:
[b]Nickname[/b]:
[b]Characters Age[/b]: (between 13 and 18)
[b]Good personality traits[/b]: (ONLY THREE e.g. Nice, Giving, Good listener)
[b]Bad personality traits[/b]: (ONLY TWO e.g Bossy, OCD, Too Quiet)
[b]Natural skills[/b]: (ONLY THREE e.g. Singer, Good at video games, Really smart)
[b]Enhancements[/b]: (ONLY TWO e.g super speed, super strenght, super sight)
[b]Main power[/b]: (ONLY ONE e.g. part animal, laser eyes)
[b]Setback[/b]:
[b]Bio[/b]: (Parents and stuff, brothers and sisters, what they thought of the trip to the place, did they suspect anything? Any family issues What surgery were they getting, why?)
[b]Apperance[/b]: (anime only please)
[b]Others[/b]: (??)[/color]

Profiles go here when accepted

All Out Of Character talk goes here.

4,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
User Image

We have some people in the school. And some people only just out from surgery.

Dorms
1. Halley and Alen
2. Mercy and Ghost
3. Ella and Tyinyk
4. Ayane and Gwen
5. Throw

NOTE: I've put which dorms you WILL be in, that does not mean you have to move to these dorms immediately, you can stay in the hospital rooms as long as you like.

Hospital rooms
1. Liz
2. Dorian

4,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
User Image
Ella Rose Romarie

The Listener

xx
xxx

Talks to people through her mind.
Quiet *-* Intelligent *-* OCD

x
x
Have you ever woken up and felt like you couldn't open your eyes, or your mouth? What if that were real. Ella woke with her lips sown together, you can't even see the minute stitches across her mouth, linking them together. Her first thought was along the lines of 'Ahhhhh.....' instantly a nurse came in, as if she had actually screamed, but Ella knew that she hadn't, not at loud at least. 'What the hell?' was her next thought. The nurse looked at her sympathetically, "Dearie, I can hear you, they taped your mouth shut but you can send your thoughts. And listen dearie, can't you hear everything and look at the ceiling, I bet you could count every crack without even thinking about it or trying!" She was right, there were 76, lots of tiny ones. Ones I hadn't noticed before.

Ella rolled her eyes. 'Whoa' She closed her eyes, and looked up and up and up and there it was again, her brain, 'No way that's not even possible?!' "It is now." The nurse replied. 'How the hell do I shut this thing up?' "Just think when you think, but don't think words. It'll come in time.....I think" the nurse barely breathed the last two words, but Ella heard them, in fact she heard everything, she could hear the scientists in the other room behind the mirror talking about how well she was taking this. She even recalled that before her 'teeth pulling surgery' that this room was supposed to be sound proof.
User Image
Alan G. Slater
a prophet

xoxoWhen Alan woke up that morning, it was after a night of fitful sleep. He felt weary, even as he sat up in bed. To a boy like him, (that is, one who hardly enjoyed the goodness in sleep,) the experience of waking up unrested should have been something normal. Almost every night for the last two years had been riddled with dreams of a clearly prophetic nature, and these were enough to frighten him out of his sleep, no matter how positive or negative the dream was. He always stood on the verge between sleeping and waking when his body was at rest for the night.

xoxoIn his usual way, the young man tried to rub sleep from heavy-lidded eyes before doing his usual awkward shuffle from the center of the bed to the edge. His lower half, unmoving as it was, made the motion just a bit more difficult than usual. As his feet touched ground, he went introspective while staring silently at his legs. From this angle, he could only see his knobby knees, made bony by years of disuse. Up until about a year ago, he had never walked before in his entire life. He had enjoyed no first steps as a baby, and had to be wheeled around everywhere throughout his life. Even now, he was nearly always trapped in his wheelchair, though he had more feeling in his legs now than he ever had before. From time to time, he was made to walk in physical therapy sessions down at the hospital… But thinking about the hospital never brought Alan any peace. At that moment, he realized that peace was what he was searching for. In a way that said he had done it many times before, Alan reached out at an awkward angle and retrieved his chair. He slid himself into it as if the task were nothing, then began to roll toward the door.

xoxoActing once again out of habit, he avoided looking over at the other bed in the room, which belonged to the girl he shared the dorm with. He knew her well enough, but always did his best to not look at her, especially when she was sleeping. Something about people at rest made Alan's abilities stronger. They were practically leaving themselves open to be read. With a sigh through his nose, he made to leave the room, knowing he would see Halley later in the day.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Halley "Hazah!" Anderson

xoxoAlan's exit was far more loud than it actually was. Halley jolted awake in her covers. The thick blanket hung from her head like a kid dressing as a ghost for Halloween. Normally she was worse than a hibernating bear to wake, but having been boarded with a guy had left her uncomfortable. She had only recently started to take notice to them, and Alan's distant demeanor had always made conversations...awkward.

xoxoNow that he had left, she felt more confident that she could sleep soundly. She remembered that she had classes today, but that only seemed to make her want to go back to bed more. Weighing her options, she quickly concluded that sleeping was in her best interest. It's not like she had homework to catch up on; she had stayed up late last night finishing all of that. Now was the time to relax after a hard evening's slave. She could afford to miss one day of school. With exception to points being deducted for turning in her work late, she always got perfect scores. Sleep is just so much more important.

xoxoAs her mind resolved the debate, she curled up again with the blanket completely covering her and drifted back to sleep. Maybe when she was hungry she'd consider getting up.

Perfect Soldier

12,700 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
User Image
That's amazing doctor"Tyinyk said, looking at his perfectly smooth arm. "And you're telling me that this was all completley free of charge?" He asked, suspicous. "No one does work this good free of charge. What do you people want from me?"
"Well, Tyinyk," the Doctor began," we're not entirely surewhat effects removing that much of your brain will have. You see, The tumor was malignant, and had spread over twelve percent of your brain, and we had to cut all of that out. As you see, there's not much of a problem now, but you'll need to be studied for a while." He finished.
Tyinyk had expected something like this. He wasn't stupid. After having a tumor for five years, he hadn't expected them to be able to cut it all out in the first place, let alone be completely normal afterwards. What seemed odd to him however was that he still felt something in his head. With the tumor, he had felt a malignant prsence, sitting there, digging into his brain. He had expected that to go away when the tumor was removed, but it hadn't. Was this how everyone else felt all the time? Or had they put something else back in? That seemed plausible. He knew that the tumor was completly gone, it had felt distictly evil. This presence seemed more...benevolent, no that was the wrong word. It didn't seem like it was a being of good, simply...there.
"I see. So I'll be staying in the hospital for a while while you study me, is that it?" he asked. He didn't really have a problem with it, his parents were jerks, and he could use the vacation.
"Actually," The doctor began tentativley, "We have a school not far from here where you'll go. We'll check in on you from time to time to see how you're de- Doing." the Doctor quickly corrected himself. Tyinyk didn't think much of the slip, after all, everyone does it from time to time.
"Doctor, could I have some water?" Tyinyk asked. All of this conversing had dryed out his throat, and water had become his friend ever since he had torched his arm. The Doctor said okay and left to get the drink. A few minutes later he returned and gave Tyinyk the water. It was clear, probably more pure than the stuff he normally drank from the tap. Taking the cup, Tyinyk raised it to his lips and started taking a drink. The instant the water touched his lips he knew something was wrong. It didn't register for a few seconds. But then it all came in a flood. The water was cool, like all water is, but it was a burning cold, as if millions of ice cold iron spikes were being driven into his lip, twisted, pulled out, and shoved back in.
Screaming, Tyinyk threw the cup away from him and grasped his lip, still uttering a horrible bone chilling howl. The pain was intense, and Tyinyk couldn't take it. He passed out.

Dapper Informer

User Image
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄xxxxxxxxxx
► ► Phineas "Fin" Bird
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀xxxxxxxxxx

╔══════════╗
Technopath
X
╚══════════╝

"coming up only
xxxxxto hold you under"

The first thing he noticed when waking up from his mini coma were the voices, they were gone. And it wasn't a bout of sanity either, he was sure of it. In fact he sat there, in his bed, unmoving, for a full hour just to make sure. It was a hell of a lot more boring that was sure, not having inner wars going on in your brain all of the time was going to take a while to get used to.

The second thing he noticed was that the building's router software needed an update. Freaky, right? He hadn't even seen a computer since waking up, there was absolutely no indication that there was any technology in the building besides the outdated tv in the corner of the room, and the few monitors he was hooked up to. So when he got this weird feeling in his brain that told him about the router's lacking software he was a little weirded out, but not the point of a breakdown, a little problem he was prone to pre - surgery.

Surgery, he had forgotten about it completely. Well, almost completely. He forgot it as much as you can just after having a chunk of your brain removed. A chunk of your brain that stopped you from ever having friends, talking to your mother, interacting with the little shits you had to call brothers. In fact, the only thing that the demon chunk of brain matter from hell allowed him to do correctly with other people was talk to his father, probably the most sane person in the family. That man had unknowingly talked Fin out of suicide so many times it wasn't even funny. And now his only goal was to get back to him, and share the good news.

'Call Nurse' was printed in bold black letters below a vector image of a woman with a nurses hat on her head. "How sexist," he smirked to himself as he pushed the button over and over, probably 60 times before someone finally burst through the door with an annoyed look on their face "don't they know men can be nurses too?" Just then the annoyed looking woman looked at his charts and noticed that he suffered from mild schizophrenia "Still talking to yourself, Mr. Bird?" she asked with a genuinely concerned look on her face. Thats when he blanked out. Perfect time too, seeing as how the surgery was to essentially get rid of social awkwardness and now he was freezing up at the first sign of human life that he had seen in weeks. His brain was feeling weird, as if he were a computer downloading information, and his heart was racing like he had gotten shot with a boost of adrenaline. "Stacy Reynolds, born in 1973. You have one child, a pet dog named Scotty, and your mother passed away last year. You were born an raised in Cleveland, Ohio and you went to Med School in Mexico, where you were arrested for prostitution." Talk about a mouthful mixed together with to much information. "S- sorry, I have no idea how I knew that!" The look on the nurses face was a distinct mixture between shock and fear. Then a wave of calmness passed over her as she rushed hurriedly back into the hallway "No problem Mr. Bird, really." She exited without doing what she came in for, helping Fin with calling his Dad. But now he had bigger things to worry about, just before the door closed he could hear Stacy talking to a doctor that was supervising Fin's surgery "It worked Egbert, just a matter of time before every thing else kicks in." Everything else? He didn't even know what deal was with the sudden stalker skills, and he wasn't so sure he wanted more.

"coming up onlyxxxxxxxxx
to show you wrong"

Wheezing Fatcat

9,375 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Member 100
User Image
゚・✿.。.:.:。✿゚・✿.。.:.:。✿゚・✿.。.:.:。✿゚・✿.。.:.:。✿・゚
It gets like a prison in
The body I'm living in

"Mama, Papa, Torin?!?!" Mercy panted out. She could barely see anything. Her eyes burned like someone put them on fire. "MAMA, PAPA, TORIN?!?!?!?!?!?" she screamed out. She tried to stand up. She fell back down. She looked ahead, and blinked to get back her vision, of her and saw her mother, bleeding from her head. She couldn't see Papa. She felt really faint. She then notice her hand enclosed around something. She blinked again and saw something terrible, something no one should see. Her brothers had was still in hers, but that was it. She screamed a wrenching scream...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mercy woke up screaming. She was in the middle of her freshman english class. She touched her hand to her cheek and saw that she had been crying in her sleep. The teacher walked up to her. "Ms. Louise, I will not tolerate sleeping in my class AND wearing a hat inside of school." Mercy paled. "Please, please don't make me take it off," she said, anything but that. "Take it off, Now!" he said. She slowly raised her arm to pull off her hat. Slowly a ear popped out of it then two. Not normal ears mind you, but DOG ears. Because she had raised her arm her TAIL popped out to from beneath her letterman jacket. She could all hear them talk.

What a FREAK! Did she do that to herself on purpose? What is she a monster? Who the hell would do that to themselves? Its enough she has a bionic leg, why is she screaming for more attention?

Mercy could hear it all, because of what those damn doctors did to her. Now she was the school freak and it wasn't even her fault. Torin, help me please. Just ignore it, a faint but unmistakable voice in her head said. Torin was still alive in her. "Take those off too, Ms. Lousie!" "I can't sir..." she trailed off in a low voice. He flushed red in anger and returned to the front of the class room.

Cause everyones watching
Quick to start talking
I'm losing my innocence

((OverlyObeseCats: Yay! First post! And Oh! If you click on her picture you can see her current outfit.))

゚・✿.。.:.:。✿゚・✿.。.:.:。✿゚・✿.。.:.:。✿゚・✿.。.:.:。✿・゚

4,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
User Image
Ella Rose Romarie

The Listener

xx
xxx

x
x

What felt like years later another Nurse walked in. She looked at Ella's charts and said in a matter of fact way 'Everything seems to be in order. And I'm not hearing every thought you are thinking, right?'
Ella nodded and slitted her eyes, 'Order.' She screamed from out of her own brain into the nurses, 'Order? I'm a freak, why did you do this to me?' The nurse seemed to be in a bit of pain, I guess it must hurt someone screaming directly into your own thoughts, she recovered fast enough though and said calmly 'I can not discus that with you. Now you will be moved into you dormitory, No. 3
You have clothes that fit you there and everything else you might need. You will be placed with a boy, try not to notify him of your powers.' The nurse left the room, and motioned for Ella to follow. Ella walked with her to a front desk, they gave her a dorm key and said for her to walk out the door at the end of the hallway and through the courtyard to get to the school, they also informed her that school today would not be necessary, but that she had to attend tomorrow.Ella walked to her room and unlocked the door. She was surprised to see someone sleeping on a bed, shouldn't he be at school? But a thought in the back of her mind said that maybe he was like her. She nudged him with her hand, then nudged him a bit harder.

Perfect Soldier

12,700 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
User Image
Tyinyk was vaguely aware of someone touching him outside of his pain-induced sleep. He figured it wasn't that important, so he ignored and hoped that maybe he'd go away. Several seconds later, the nudging returned, more insistent this time. Giving up and going back to sleep, Tyinyk cracked one of his eyes open. The first thing he noticed, was that the "He" was actually a she. The second thing he noticed was that she had no mouth. He found this very odd. It was probably the second most odd thing he had experienced in his life, the first having been burned by cold water.
"Do you know you don't have a mouth?" He croaked. His throat was incredibly dry, but he wasn't about to ask for water, after what had recently happened. He had thought he was going to die. The only time he had felt a pain like that was when his arm had been on fire. Sitting up, Tyinyk was finally beggining to regain a solid grip on reality. As this happened, he noticed two things, one, he was in a well furnished, yet small room that wasn't his own. Second, the girl next to him actually had no mouth.
"Wait. You don't have a mouth?" He said, not panicking, but sounding worried, and more than a little perturbed. "Why don't you have a mouth?" He was wondering how she could eat, and more importantly, why no one had simply cut open the skin and made a mouth. Surely it couldn't be that difficult. After all, the mouth is arguably the most important part of a humans' body.

4,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
User Image
Ella Rose Romarie

The Listener

xx
xxx

x
x
'I have a mouth.' She screamed into his brain, then a little quieter 'It's just non functioning.' Ella walked over to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, she had lips, which had been sown together, it's just they were the same colour as her skin, it all fact, it looked at if she had never been born with a mouth. But she knew she had one. She started to cry, which didn't work very well when the only place you can get oxygen is through your nose, which is hard to use when your tears are streaming. She stumbled back into the room and curled up on the floor next to the bed the boy was on. 'I'm ugly. I'm ugly. I'm ugly. I'm ugly.' She kept chanting it over and over in her mind, radiating it out and into everyone's mind near to her, rocking back and forth, her OCD taking over.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff