Welcome to Gaia! ::

02:15 A routine test of specimen 02-4657g was occuring in experiments room 546.

02:22 The sample of specimen 02-4657g became airborne and the fifth floor was locked down.

02:36 Dr. Richard Sommer was in the faculty break room when the sirens announcing the containment breach went off.

02:38 A message to Dr. Sommer's headset confirmed the breach and issued Order 99.

02:39 Order 99 was accepted. Dr. Sommer moving to the experiments on Floor B2.

02:40 Containment ineffective, hazardous substance spreading through infected personal. Lockdown continuing on level 4.

02:45 Lockdown continuing on level 3.

02:50 Lockdown continuing on level 2.

02:55 Lockdown continuing on level 1.

Profile thread:x OOC:x
Welcome to Containment Breach, a semi-literate to literate RP.

You may have been normal when you were brought here, or perhaps you were hunted down by government agents for your special abilities. Maybe you were even created in this place. However you arrived, you haven't seen the light of day since. All you have ever had is testing, if you were lucky enough to even be allowed to leave your cell, that is. Strange experiments to change you, inside and out, or ways to harness abilities that you already possess.

You have rarely seen anyone else since your confinment except for one man in particular. Dr. Richard Sommer has been around you for as long as you remember. Jabbing needles, taking notes, an occasional encouraging word. Leading in other people or animals to be acted on by your abilities. However you have seen him, he is the only really familiar person to you in this place.

Your cell is where you have stayed whenever the researchers didn't need you. It was plain, with only a soft indentation in the ground to sleep. The lack of furnishings prevented you from hurting the staff or yourself. Nothing to end the monotony of being there, or the pain and fear of the tests.

The sirens were a new experience. You looked up from your various locations in wonder at the sudden sound screaming into your ears. The shock must have been overwhelming, and now someone is freeing you from your cell and telling you at gunpoint to follow him. What will you do now?
Rules.

1. The basics, everything you should know about RPing and I really shouldn't have to say, including following the TOS, no godmodding, no cybering, ect.

2. I'm putting this up here, and I'm only going to say it once. NO nekos, Japanese names without the character being Japanese, powers given that are unconnected to each other.

3.Another note: If you're some sort of doomsday annihilator, there would be no reason to keep you alive, would there? Keep your powers in the reasonable for testing idea.

4. Please post regularly. I'd love it if this kept going for a long, long time. Join only if you plan to stick with us for a while.

5. Use your best spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Posts should be at least a paragraph long.

6. Post styles should be kept fairly simple so we don't hurt our friends with dial-up or otherwise slow internet. A picture of your character and your character's name is the bare minimum. Send (PM) me all profiles titled Containment Breach.

7. Any questions? PM me right away.

Application form: If you put "unknown" on any of the fields, I will ask you to change it. The profiles are for the good of the other RPers, not the characters themselves.

Name:
Race:
Experiment details: (basically, what super special something has been done to your character, or what was special before?)

Appearance: (link, description, or both)

Personality: (at least a paragraph)

Bio: (at least a paragraph)

Other:
Dr. Richard Sommer

“Observation is a passive science, experimentation an active science.” – Claude Bernard

User Image
He would've been a fool to believe that this day would never come. This was bound to happen sooner or later, but Dr. Sommer had always hoped for the later part.

As in he would be dead or at least transferred to another facility first.

Things had been going so well, after some general testing of Experiment 981-j that hadn't resulted in any casualties or anything beyond the breaking of a junior assistant's femur, he had made his way down to the faculty lounge to get some coffee to try to make up for his lack of sleep. Caffeine can only do so much, but he would still try to replace shutting his eyes with some brown powder from tiny packet.

The hot beverage was having the opposite desired effect and he felt his eyelids starting to droop when an earsplitting scream from his headset wrenched him into painful wakefulness. His arm spasmed, spilling scalding hot coffee on his clothes as he waited anxiously for any sort of additional sounds, hopefully a message.

"Dr. Sommer! Are you there?! By God, I hope you can hear me." The frenzied voice Dr. Sommer recognized as his best friend and superior made his blood run cold. "The receiving end of this blasted thing is broken, so I can't hear you. Now listen very carefully. Specimen 02-4657g HAS GONE AIRBORNE. Execute Order 99. Repeat Order 99. Facility is going on lockdown, so try to make it fast. And since I ain't going to last much longer anyway, thought I'd tell you that you've always been a good friend, Richard. I really hope you're going to make it out of here alive."

The line went silent. Dr. Somme sat in a sort of stunned silence for approximately five seconds before springing into action. Order 99. Well, this cannot get any worse, he thought as he pulled his pistol. Knowing what he was going to do, he was probably going to need it. Bolting down the hallway, waring sirens blaring, he typed his passcode into the elevator then punched the key for the second basement. The place all of the sentient experiments were kept. Screw hoping now. He was praying that this was going to go okay as he sped out of the elevator and ran to the nearest door and keyed in the unlocking sequence.

It would be nice if this experiment was friendly.

Dedicated Lunatic

Derek: Experement 10024-M

User Image

Derek listened though heard little in his cell so far down the earth. In the darkness of his cell he layed down in the recessed part of the floor looking at his metal hand gleen in the little light that shone through the bottom of the door. It was always doing something this new hand and arm of his. It was always blinking little blue lights or moving in some small way that you could only notice if you watched it for an hour or two. With his mind so foged up with drugs its all he did these days as little by little the metal grew on his body.

His mind picked up a little as he heard rushed footsteps go past his cell door. He chanced a glance to see the the steady light break for a moment as feet passed by. He felt his hand move of its own accord and tap slowly and methodicaly on the hard floor, as if remembering a long forgotten song.

"Stop....that....your loud" Derek said weakly as if expecting a reply from his own limb.

The hand stopped but only for a few moments before starting again. He gave up argueling with the extension of himself and just listened to it for a long while. He never knew what was being tapped out by the metal hand but he knew it was important. The rythmic tapping seemed to make the world just dissapear. His eyes closed and he felt that maybe sleep might bring him answers

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff