Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

𝐹𝒢𝓉𝑒
π’²π‘œπ“‡π’Ήπ“ˆ π‘œπ’» π’«π‘œπ“Œπ‘’π“‡

User ImageModerator: K4M1-kun
Genre: medieval, light fantasy

Words hold power to them, when given to man, that power can change the world... Fates are still mostly a mystery to those of Egarthia. Words of power that dwell within individuals and change the world around the individuals. The first word of power was "Life." It was the strongest word of power and was found to bring the dead back to life. Seeing this as a sin against God, the church had the individual killed in a witch hunt. However, the word would not let its host die and in the end the church had them sealed away on the Exiled Isles. Now as more fates are found arising through the lands, the church within the Holy City Karinth has sent out the inquisitors to find those with fates and kill them for their sins. Though while the church has started hunting the Fates, the two major kingdoms have started warring with one another over land since the church is too busy to intervene. However, the warring has started to subside as it grows closer to winter. So our story unfolds...

(See rules for links)

Dangerous Genius

The Rules:
    Co-mod: (non as of this moment)

1. I'll only say this once. This is a literate roleplay. If you only ever post using 'web speak' or some other illiterate form like that, then just get out of here right now. Literacy, to us at least, means you can use proper English, as well as using periods and commas where they should go. End of subject. Some other things about posting:
        ✦ You should have at least four sentences minimum, though more is preferred. If you have writer's block, fine, but don't make it a habit.
        ✦ Try not to go over ten paragraphs. This isn't a novel, it's a roleplay.
        ✦ Posting speed. I know people like to post fast, but not everyone can post fifty posts in one day. When people get left behind in posting they tend to quit so try not to go too fast.
        ✦ Lastly, try not to take forever, as in not posting for days or weeks. I want active roleplayers. Not to mention if you're roleplaying with someone and just go missing, you're preventing them from posting too. So try not to leave others hanging.
        ✦ Remember, give us quality posts please.~

2. I'll say this part again: It's a roleplay. Which means don't try to only be a saint or a suicidal maniac. Simply put, if I feel that your character is a Mary Sue or Gary Stew, they're gone, that means I can remove them even after we have accepted them. I will not accept any cannon characters.

3. Five sounds like a nice number right? That's the absolute maximum number of characters per person then. Also, new RPers are going to be limited to just one character until it's certain you will not leave the RP right after joining. That said, the pm with your profile should be titled, "The Words" to show you read the rules.

4. Since this is a roleplay, that means there are also the no-no's. Here are some:
        ✦ No breaking the Gaia rules/ToS~ that goes for here and the OOC...
        ✦ No Godmodding~ that includes me and the co-mods.
        ✦ No Cybering~ Gaia is serious on this. So just don't do it here.
        ✦ No posting crappy looking posts or I'll just delete it. AKA, no web speak and no asterisks unless they are for censorship.
        ✦ No completely OOC posts~ there will be an OOC for that purpose.

5. I don't care, but I would really like it if your posts have a little color. I don't exactly like reading five paragraphs of plain black text. That's all.

6. This is intended to be a long term RP. If you're suddenly going to quit, please notify me at once. If you aren't here for the long term, don't bother joining. We are very understanding to people's reasons for quitting and it leaves a bad taste when someone just ups and quits without a word. If you know, or even think, that you'll be gone for a long time, send us a heads up, so that we might let others you're RPing with know.

7. It is encouraged to evolve throughout the RP and as such, adding changes to both your character profile over that time should reflect that change. Just make sure to inform one of the moderators the changes you are going to make and they will approve them so you can go and add it. If you are caught adding things to your profile without consulting the mods, you will be warned and possibly be removed till its cleared.

8. This is more of a reminder than a rule, but you don't have to be a warrior, soldier, etc to be important or have fun. Play what ever you like!

9. Most importantly of all: HAVE FUN.

10. There is no ten, but I can make one if I ever feel like it. So, pay attention to the rules. Questions? Comments? PM a mod or post in the discord once I invite you.

Links:
Profiles

Dangerous Genius

Fates:
    (Names will not be associated with Fates until people identify who has what fate. If you don't see one you would like, include it after the profile in your PM to me so we can discuss it.)

Pugnacious :
Host: ???
Effect: Randomly enrages the souls of those around then and drives them to frenzy

Abhorrent: (taken)
Effect: The user appears unattractive to others, but not of their choosing

Irenic:
Effect: Randomly soothes the souls of those around then and puts them at peace

Dauntless: (taken)
Effect: The user knows not fear and inspires such in others near them.

Dispirit: (taken)
Effect: The user inspires fear in those around them, not necessarily against them.

Gallanting: (taken)
Effect: The user appears attractive to others, but not of their choosing.

Life: (taken)
Host: Lis Pombach
Effect: Can some times bring back the dead.

Corruption: (taken)
Effect: Corrupts the world and living beings around the user

Willpower: (taken)
Effect: The user is capable of pushing themselves to do whatever they put their mind to

Melancholy: (taken)
Effect: A dual Fate of Unlucky and Reversal, truly a Fate of suffering. Unlucky: things never seem to go in a way that helps the user in the long run. Reversal: Undoes the actions or results of other fates or results of hard work around the user.

Profiles:
    Please PM all profiles to K4M1-kun for approval prior to posting them! The link to the profile thread is in the first post. Note: DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR FATE IN YOUR PROFILE! When Pming it, include it a line after the profile! This is so we can discuss it and so it can remain unknown as to who has the fate.

User Image
Character Name Here
"Character Quote Here" - Who said it

✦ Nickname(s) β‡’ If applicable

✦ Age β‡’ Self-Explanatory.

✦ Gender β‡’ Male or Female. Sexuality can also be included here (if desired).

✦ Race β‡’ All races are human like and have equally human capabilities. No race has magic. Most people are humans.

✦ Appearance β‡’ What your character looks like. This can include their usual attire or certain things that they always have with them. Secondary images can be included here in a spoiler or image link.

✦ Personality β‡’ How your character acts. If there are certain behaviors or traits that make them unique or what might even make them tick.

✦ Biography β‡’ Some history on your character. Past events and details that are important to note that make your character the person they are.

✦ Feudal Standingβ‡’ King or Pope > Nobles > Knights, Lords, or Vassals > Merchants, Farmers, or Craftsmen > Peasants or Serfs. This is just your character's social standing and affects how others might treat or view them.

✦ Weapons β‡’ Optional. Any weapons you may carry.

✦ Important Possessions β‡’ Optional. Things your character owns that mean something to them.

✦ Anything you would like to add β‡’ Extra details not covered above.

✦ Username β‡’ Self-Explanatory

✦✦Profile Coding:
[imgright]https://i.imgur.com/757eo3F.jpg[/imgright]
[align="right"][size=20][b]Character Name Here[/b][/size]
[i]"Character Quote Here" - Who said it[/i][/align]
[list][list][size=11][b]✦ Nickname(s) β‡’[/b] [i]If applicable[/i]

[b]✦ Age β‡’[/b] [i]Self-Explanatory.[/i]

[b]✦ Gender β‡’[/b] [i]Male or Female. Sexuality can also be included here (if desired).[/i]

[b]✦ Race β‡’[/b] [i]All races are human like and have equally human capabilities. No race has magic. Most people are humans.[/i]

[b]✦ Appearance β‡’[/b] [i]What your character looks like. This can include their usual attire or certain things that they always have with them. Secondary images can be included here in a spoiler or image link.[/i]

[b]✦ Personality β‡’[/b] [i]How your character acts. If there are certain behaviors or traits that make them unique or what might even make them tick.[/i]

[b]✦ Biography β‡’[/b] [i]Some history on your character. Past events and details that are important to note that make your character the person they are.[/i]

[b]✦ Feudal Standingβ‡’[/b] [i]King or Pope > Nobles > Knights, Lords, or Vassals > Merchants, Farmers, or Craftsmen > Peasants or Serfs. This is just your character's social standing and affects how others might treat or view them.[/i]

[b]✦ Weapons β‡’[/b] [i]Optional. Any weapons you may carry.[/i]

[b]✦ Important Possessions β‡’[/b] [i]Optional. Things your character owns that mean something to them.[/i]

[b]✦ Anything you would like to add β‡’[/b] [i]Extra details not covered above.[/i]

[b]✦ Username β‡’[/b] [i]Self-Explanatory[/i][/size][/list][/list]

Dangerous Genius

Q/A:

Q: What is a Fate?
A: A Fate is the closest thing in this world to magic aside from enchanted weapons. It is capable of affecting the world around the user, but not in a direct way and the user has no control over how, who, or when it will affects others. They can only hope it does or does not take affect when they want it and only know what it will do in a generic way. Some users may not even know they have a fate.

Q: What is an enchanted weapon?
A: Enchanted weapons are weapons that have a relic contained within them granting them unusual powers, but rarely in a directly offensive manner. One such weapon is a mace that allows the user to commune with the dead.

Q: What races are allowed?
A: Honestly, most anything within reason, but I'd suggest thinking them like Skyrim's races. Every race is human-like and has the same physical human capabilities as a human aside from any minor advantages like swimming with fins or having claws. Though do note that there will be NO dragons or other mystical races and that most people in the major cities are human.

Map of Egarthia:

User Image

Dangerous Genius

News

November 13, 2020: Rp under construction.
    November 21, 2020: Rp Opened!

Polls

Dangerous Genius

Reserved

Words words words.

Dangerous Genius

Reserved

Words words words.

Dangerous Genius

Reserved

Words words words.

Dangerous Genius

Reserved

Words words words.

Dangerous Genius

Open!

Power!

Dangerous Genius

User Image
π”π”²π” π”¦π”«π”ž π”π”¬π” π”žπ”°π”±π”ž
~The confident Holy Knight of Karinth~

The Holy City was abuzz as today was the day that the inquisitors were being sent to the other cities to try and hunt down the unholy Fates that were bringing chaos upon the land. Some were more dangerous than others. One of the most notorious ones was in Macedonia and some of the affects appeared to be turning plants into monsters and making while animals aggressive. As such, it was named Corruption. Unlike with the fate of Life, this one wasn't so easily identified to a host, not to mention that everyone in the land now knew that if you had a Fate, the church wanted to find you. That said, they had no real way to know who exactly had a fate and could only guess based off what they could find and by observation. It was the reason why so many holy knights had been chosen as inquisitors to travel the land and find any fates.

β€œHoly Father.” A young woman knelt before the pope, dressed in her knightly attire and sword sheathed at her waist. β€œI know I was not chosen as an Inquisitor, but I wish to go to Macedonia to help the poor souls that are suffering from the effects of Corruption.” While one of the men by the Pope seemed to speak up in report, he was silenced by the pope raising his hand. β€œMy child, I understand your strong desire to help the people. I pray that it serves you well into the future and grant you my blessing to serve the people as a holy knight. Grand Inquisitor Trenton shall be your superior. Now go forth and help guide the lost lambs to God.” β€œYes, Father.” Responding, she rose to her feet and turned, leaving the room.

β€œFather, are you sure this is for the best? She should really be ending her time as a knight and seeking a husband or becoming a nun.” The man spoke up once she was gone, turning to face the pope as he did. β€œPerhaps that is what she should be doing, but have you looked into her eyes? They burn with passion, passion I have not seen even in the most devout nuns. I can not bare to try to stop such passion to help God's people. Besides, I doubt there's a man capable of taming her as she is,” the pope replied, chuckling with his last comment. β€œI believe this is the path God wishes her to follow to serve him.” β€œVery well, Father.”

Exiting the Cathedral, the young woman walk with head held high as she headed to join up with the Inquisitors that would be heading to Macedonia. Seeing some of the servants preparing horses, she informed them that there would be a need for one more horse to go to Macedonia. Of course, there was still some time to take care of things before they would leave, but it was still best to take care of this now so she could have more free time before they left. As such, she sought out the Grand Inquisitor to inform him that the Pope had given her permission to join them in the trip to Macedonia.

Spotting the man in question, appearing to be speaking to some of the inquisitors serving under him, she awaited him to finish speaking before approaching and saluting him. β€œGrand Inquisitor, I, Lucina Jocasta, shall be serving as a Holy Knight in Macedonia with blessing from our Holy Father. I look forward to serving under you during our time there and hope to help as many of the people in that land while you seek out the source of the Corruption. If there's anything I can do to help you though, let me know.” Saying this, she gave a bright confident smile.

Friendly Citizen

10,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ο½‘ο½‘ο½‘β™ŸTrenton Feildsβ™Ÿο½‘ο½‘ο½‘

╔══════════════╗

Trenton stood up from the pew in the church where he had been praying. Today a select few of holy knights were leaving for Macedonia to hunt down one of the more notorious fates. Corruption had been plaguing Macedonia by turning the plant life in the city into monsters. Destroying farmers' crops and ruining the lively hood of many farmers and businesses. Corruption had also been making the animals aggressive resulting in many injuries and even some deaths. While he was excited to see the last few months of work finally result in some action that would improve the lives of people he was dreading the trip. The grand inquisitor was not a fan of long trips on horseback.

After a short meeting with the pope, Trenton left the church to oversee the preparations for the trip. He had required each of the knights attending the trip to have their gear prepared by the night before to make the process easier. The bulk of the preparation today was loading the gear onto the horses. He packed his gear himself before lending a hand to some of the other knights. One of the younger knights he selected for his knowledge of Macedonia had packed too much gear for the horse to carry while simultaneously carry the knight. In mid discussion with the younger knight, he notices a female knight approaching. "I'm telling you half your gear or you'll be walking beside the horse the entirety of the trip." The young knight was clearly not happy with Tenton's final statement on the matter but began to look over his things in an attempt to decide what to remove. One of the more experienced knights jumped in to help the younger one make decisions. While Trenton turned his attention to Lucina.

Trenton didn't like the last-minute addition to the mission but with the Holy Father's blessing, there was nothing he could really say. At least he knew that the female knight was among the more dedicated knights he had met. He just did not know how the girl would work with the rest of the team he had assembled. Base on what she said it did seem she was meant to be more of an aid for the people than the knights. "I look forward to working with you as well. I'm sure the people in Macedonia will be glad to have your help. Get your gear packed. I'd suggest packing lightly. Once you are done the Roasted Chiken has invited us for breakfast before our departure."

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dangerous Sex Symbol

15,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
            tab In between Macedonia and the Holy City rested a small but relatively peaceful village. Despite rumors of the the fates and of plants being corrupted, Seraphina a short but skilled apothecary made her home inside of the forest not far from the village where she would go to work. Troubles of Macedonia were reaching the village and rumors had been heard throughout the streets for a few weeks now. After having some tea, bread and cheese for breakfast she went into her garden, talking gently to her plants while picking some flowers and leaves. " I know it hurts, but your leaves will make a wonderful tea to help a poor old woman with insomnia since her husband passed. Oh, and you, your petals will do well with some honey to help reduce a fever." Thus the girl went around collecting a few parts from the plants, careful to not hurt them too much all while explaining what she was picking could be used for.

As soon as she gathered her supplies she went towards the village where she had an appointment with a young boy who had started suffering from a fever and sweating in his sleep last night. Going into the home she was greeted by a worried mother and went to the boy's bedside to inspect the patient. He was having nightmares, sweating, and feverish. Sera asked the mother to bring some hot water as she put together some herbs. As the water arrived she poured the water over the herbs to make a tea which she slowly helped the boy, lifting his head gently to drink. The boy did so and within a ten minutes his temperature came down and he seemed to be having an easier time sleeping. The doctor looked at the mother handing her a bag of herbs and writing down some instructions. " Have him drink this tea twice a day for three days. Make sure he gets plenty of bed rest and he should recover. If he does not recover in three days then contact me." Handing the mother the instructions and accepting a few coins for payment Sera left the house. On the streets rumors of the church and Macedonia filled the air.

⊁ ωнєяє Ξ±ΠΌ ΞΉ: My house/ the village
                                                                                                      ⊁ Ρ‚Π½Ρ” ρєσρℓє ωιтн ΠΌΡ”: with a patient/ on the streets

quoted peeps

Dangerous Genius

User Image
☽ 𝒯𝒽𝑒 π“ˆπ“Šπ’»π’»π‘’π“‡π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” π“ˆπ‘œπ“Šπ“, π’œπ’·π’Ύπ“ˆπ’Άπ’Ύ π’«π’Άπ“π“π“Š ☾
☽ ΒΊΒ°β€˜Β¨ Β¨β€˜Β°ΒΊ ☾

Traveling with a merchant wasn't such a bad thing, it was almost like being on an adventure! Well, if you ignored the fact he was basically a personal slave for the man. Still, he was now in the territory of Macedonia helping take some goods to a small village north of the Kingdom's capital city. The goods varied, but was home goods, clothing, fire wood, and the likes. The wooden cart rattled along as it rolled over the trail, if it could even be called that. It was mostly just marks left over time from other traveling caravans that passed through the area. They luckily had other landmarks to help them figure out where the village was or if they were on track. It wasn't long before they got there, though as they rolled in, he could over hear some brief snippets of conversation by locals about some plants recently attacking some people, even strangling someone to death in their sleep.

"Ah, this should do. Get out and start unloading the firewood, that'll sell the fastest." The merchant demanded while he himself started getting a display for the clothing and accessories that made more money ready. Of course, they weren't too fancy, just fancy enough for the working class and serfs. Nobles wore much more pristine and exotic clothing in comparison. Getting out of the cart, he started gathering up the wood on the edge of the cart and just as he picked it up, he heard some kids running and shouting before something pegged him in the back of the head. Of course, not having been prepared for this, he stumbled, nearly bumping into a red hooded girl and tripped, dropping the firewood everywhere. "Look at what you did! Come on, pick it up and hope it didn't get muddy or I'll come out of what pay you get."

"Y-yes sir. Sorry miss," he stuttered, first to the merchant, then to the cute girl with bright blue eyes. Immediately, he set to work, picking up the firewood before putting it into a pile near the cart to be sold. Mean while though the merchant decided to use the opportunity to try selling some accessories to the red hooded girl while he was stopped due to her path being blocked by the firewood. "Ah, young lady, you know this pendant would look exceptional on you and the sapphires really match your eyes. You'll look as beautiful as the noble women in Turncorn. There wouldn't be a man for miles who wouldn't want to wed you. Only 50 silver, a better deal than you'll find in Macedonia."

Cassandra Sandsmark

Dangerous Sex Symbol

15,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
            tab Being forced to pause before she could make her way to buy some bread from the baker due the a pile of firewood being tumbled out into the pathway before she Sera watched a bit as a young man, who was clearly with one of the merchants scrambled across picking up the logs. He seemed like a decent person, though perhaps a bit clumsy. The merchant however made her feel uncomfortable with his compliments, not that the apothecary never got compliments, as much as they always had a way of making her uncomfortable as she never thought of them as genuine. The thought of marriage mentioned to her left her feeling depressed as she remembered her former fiance who was murdered by an unknown assailant before they could ever be wed. She lifted an eyebrow towards the merchant trying to sell her jewelry, it was a look of annoyance which one gives an overly pushy salesman who thinks that they can hold someone hostage. The necklace wasn't even worth nearly as much as he was trying to sell it for, it looked like some cheap bauble which a child may find entertaining simply due to the way it caught the rays of light from the sun.

" I don't think I would be interested in such trinket. However, I would like to purchase some firewood. The only problem is I have no way of carrying it home and I live just outside the village. If your assistant would be so kind as to help me carry it home I would be willing to pay double." It was true that Seraphina had been short on firewood lately, but getting anyone to help her carry things to her home was a challenge. While, the young girl was more then willing to pay for the service few would dare venture towards her home in the woods for fear of the plants. The only reason she knew when she had patients was the postal service in the village would send her a message via carrier hawk. A few of the other merchants in the area were whispering as the doctor had a reputation for being a kind hearted girl who often made odd choices that none of them completely understood. If the assistant followed Seraphina into the woods some of the villagers worried that he would never come back and few whispered their concerns towards the merchant Sera was talking to in order to give him a friendly warning.

⊁ ωнєяє Ξ±ΠΌ ΞΉ: the village
                                                                                                      ⊁ Ρ‚Π½Ρ” ρєσρℓє ωιтн ΠΌΡ”: with a merchant and his assistant

K4M1-kun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces