Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

··· owners Nuwaanda
                                ··· thread modified by the feathered thing ; Pinky Magica
                                ··· inspired by the book 'finding cassie crazy'
                                ··· thread layout by magical panda
                                ... original thread magical panda
                                ··· picture by ooOkonomiyaki @ deviantart
                                ··· grahpics by Nuwaanda

welcome to love, hate & letters, a roleplay by magical panda & S c r e w You America! this is a relaxed adv. lit roleplay. This is a remake. Or, the remake of a remake from several years ago that I desperately wanted to bring back with new people, new characters, and a slew of new everything!

lit. letter roleplay. this means that everything in this roleplay will be roleplayed by letters. another special thing about this roleplay; the anonymous pen-pals are even anonymous for the roleplayer! we try to keep the characters and even the players of the characters so anonymous as possible. so that makes this roleplay even more badass. ;D so please, come in the ooc & join the fun!

life ic______________pen-pal letters ic

User Image

x x x & S T O R Y

Just outside Sonoma, California, It was starting to get too crazy. Things were just going wrong between Mannigton, the all girls school, and Darfield High, the all boys school. It all started with an accident by some girls of Mannigton.

Somehow, those girls managed to flood the Darfield High's building, which left the boys furious towards everyone of the girls school. A few punks from Darfield High decided to seek revenge. The next day, graffiti was sprayed all over the outside walls of the Mannigton school building. Ever since then, things went from worse to disastrous, and the battlefield between the two schools only seemed to grow and grow.

So you could imagine the principal of Mannigton School for Girls slowly began to become clueless, since the so-called pranks were just getting worse and worse. Then, he got a brilliant (or so he thought) idea - an anonymous pen-pal project between the two schools. The students of his school could write anonymous letters to students from the other school, and that way they could see it was possible to be nice to each other! With a delighted mood the principal had called the principal of Darfield High, to tell him the wonderful idea.

The next morning, there hung an announcement on the bulletin boards in both schools.

Dear seniors,
                                ever since the flooding accident at Darfield High, our schools
                                have been competing against each other. Lately, things have
                                been getting worse, and the pranks aren't even close to funny
                                anymore. So that's when we, the principals of both schools,
                                have decided to do the following thing.

All senior students will be participating a pen-pal project. You'll
                                be writing anonymous letters to a student from the other school.
                                You can't mention your name in those letters. Every student will
                                receive a personal number, and the number of their pen-pal,
                                where the letters have to be sent to.

And yes, you have to do this. If you don't, you'll be suspended.

Or worse.

We wish all of you lots and lots of fun,
                                your beloved principals of Darfield High and Mannigton.

Some kids seemed to be excited to get in touch with people from the other school and gender. Some didn't.
                                Would things really get better because of this pen-pal project? Or are things going to get out of hand,
                                even more then it had been before? Or will those letters really make two enemies into friends... maybe
                                even lovers?

This is going to be an interesting project.
User Image

x x x & R U L E S

L I T E R A C Y
                                This is a relaxed adv. literate roleplay, so we kindly ask you to keep your posts around 600 words. Even though your character might not like to write letters, make them at least rant at their teachers for 600 words lol. It's just not nice if your pen-pal tries their best making an awesome letter, and you give them nothing to respond to. Use a spellcheck and read over your letters to make sure there are less as possible typo's. c:

A P P L Y I N G & P R O F I L E S
                                You first have to fill out the background check. Once you've done that, post it in the ooc. When Nuwaanda accepts you, then you can fill out the profile. (Quotes are great. Super great.) Create a new thread for the profile in the test thread. c:
                                There aren't any roles we made up, so be as creative as possible while interacting your character with the storyline. Is your character a nerd at the boys school? Or maybe the secretly unsure bitchy girl at the girls school? Just be creative with that. Give them good and bad points.

As for your face claims/models/play by's (whatever you want to call them) I do have some rules. No actors, no musicians. (Some leway here but I really don't want to see Justin Bieber or Chase Crawford.) Models are great, non-models are great. Sites like Lookbook, 2pm Models, DNA models, Ford Models IMG Models are more are perfect for looking individuals up to use!

A C T I V I T Y
                                Post at least once a week in the ic thread. When you can't, for some reason, let us know. Don't make just the profile and disappear. If we haven't heard from you in one week (ic or ooc) we will contact you and ask you what's going on. It would be really stupid if you'd let your pen-pal alone, wouldn't it?

P O S T I N G
                                Make your posts pretty! We all love 'em, right? Make pretty graphics and coding, but don't overdo
                                it. Stretching is annoying right? c: Keep your font size between 9-11 px. Oh, and of course, don't use pictures of your character in your letter post format. That'll just screw the anonymous stuff. The letters to the pen-pals will be posted on the roleplay it's account, the letters to friends or letters that shouldn't be anonymous could be posted on your own accounts. You have to make sure you don't use the same post layout when you write your letter to your friends as the one of the pen-pal! Because then it would all not be that anonymous anymore, and that's not what we want hm?
User Image

x x x & T H E S C H O O L S

M A N N I G T O N S C H O O L F O R G I R L S
                                The full name of this school is barely being used anymore. The kids normally just call it Mannigton,
                                or say they go to 'Manny'. The school is known for their clever students. The girls have been winning
                                different kind of intelligence competitions for several years now. All the girls seem to have a wonderful
                                future. Some of the girls might be bitchy, but hey - every school has those kind of girls, don't they?

User Image User Image

D A R F I E L D H I G H
                                Boy oh boy, this school sometimes seems to be one big mess. The boys are always getting in trouble,
                                or so it seems. But it's not all trouble inside of Darfield High. The Darfielders are real sportsmen, winning
                                almost every competition they attend to. The best team inside the school must be the Football team.
                                Not only balls seem to be smashed to the ground, girls seem to fall in front of their feet as well.

User Image User Image User Image

User Image

x x x & H O W I T W O R K S

Okay, since this is a roleplay where we have to keep identities a secret, we all have to be very strict and secure to make this work. c: When you have send in your profile, you will receive your very own number. Don't tell this number to anyone. You will also receive the personal number of your pen-pal. In your first letter you have to let know to which number you're writing. There will be an example in the pen-pal thread.

As I have mentioned before, the letters to the pen-pals will be posted on the mule account of the roleplay. You will receive the password by mail, once you have finished your profile. The letters to your friends can be posted on your own account, since those don't have to be anonymous. All letters will be posted in the Pen-pal letters ic thread.

For relations between friends and funtimes hanging out together, those posts will go in the Notes
                                and regular IC. Yes. That's two IC threads. But it's easier to keep track of pen-pal letter this way.

You can use a post format for your letters, but you have to make sure you have a different post-layout for your pen-pal then the one you have for your friends. I suggest you just make a text format for your pen-pal, because people their graphics can give away a lot of information of who it is.Styles are easy to spot, yo.

You can make a post format the way however you wish for your friends their letters.

Don't describe too much details of your letters with your pen-pals in the letters to your friends, because this could also screw up your secret identity!

When we've roleplayed here for a while, we can choose to slowly identify each other to our pen-pals, but we'll see how that turns out. Maybe there will be a massive reveal party with everyone wearing numbers. Suggestions will come later.

As last thing, I'll ask you to try to take this as serious as possible. It's not nice if you're going to screw things up by telling your chara's identity or mis-use the roleplay it's account. If you're not behaving as you should be, we won't be afraid to kick you out.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask them in the ooc!
User Image

x x x & B G - C H E C K & P R O F I L E

Post the BG-check in the ooc thread. Add a 100x100 icon between the img-tags.

[imgleft]ICONGOESHERE[/imgleft][size=10]( [size=7][color=#ED655B]❥[/color][/size] )[color=#6B86FF][b] N A M E[/b][/color] name of your character
                                ( [size=7][color=#ED655B]❥[/color][/size] )[color=#6B86FF][b] D E S C .[/b][/color] short description of your character
                                ( [size=7][color=#ED655B]❥[/color][/size] )[color=#6B86FF][b] S A M P L E S[/b][/color] roleplay samples
                                ( [size=7][color=#ED655B]❥[/color][/size] )[color=#6B86FF][b] M O D E L[/b][/color] model name/link to any image, full page, etc.[/size]

Give your character some kind of second personality or a secret that you don't describe in the profile. This way, you can talk about this in your letters, but you still won't be discovered. Deep characters are fun characters! c:

Click for the profile skeleton

Please quote Nuwaanda when you post your background checks! It makes my life so much easier, even if I will probably just read every OOC page anyways. c:
User Image

x x x & A C C E P T E D O R N O T ?

Current IN PROCESS or accepted character ratio

Girl Slots Taken:

Abigail Judith Morrow : b u r g e o n --

____________ : ran away with the TARDIS

Malia Hazelnut Parks : e c l i s p e d - - -MOON

Boy Slots Taken:

Charles Adler : Nuwaanda

Ethan Jameson : Lullaby Kitten

Kyle Anderson : frailsnail

Current Ratio: 2:3

WE ARE ACCEPTING
User Image

x x x & A N N O U N C E M E N T S

2 4 - 0 2 - 2 0 1 4
                                We are recruiting interested parties! Isn't that exciting! I am going to be accepting people and looking for new people as I go about this roleplay. Maybe I will enlist some help from some old friends to run it, but for now, it's just me so please be patient and nice!

Also I want to keep a dead even character ratio so I will be very selective about characters coming in.
User Image

x x x & R E S E R V E D
User Image

x x x & R E S E R V E D
User Image

x x x & R E S E R V E D
User Image

x x x & R E S E R V E D
User Image

x x x & R E S E R V E D
User Image

x x x & R E S E R V E D