Welcome to Gaia! ::

Character photo :User Image

Hello, my name is: Aveline Fae
I am this old: 21
They call me a: mutant human
I am a: Student
I live here!: C1
I can do this!: Read minds,move objects
Well, a lot has happened: I have no idea who my father is.My mother died six years ago in an accident, after I had gotten into an argument with her about visiting my grandparents who do not care for me. After which I was separated from two siblings and sent to various boarding schools until graduation. I'm now a student at Halcyon University where I hide my abilities from everyone else.
But I turned out alright: Shy and timid at first. Sweet by nature but with mean bite when provoked.
Wow, that's cool!:

I enjoy people watching (listening to others conversations through their minds), frequenting coffee shops, reading, climbing trees and socializing with select friends.

Eh,..no thanks..:

I don't like fighting or seeing my friends fight, mean people.

My actions are controlled by: Llamalovely

Unbeatable Tactician

10,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
User Image

Hello, my name is: Sebastian
I am this old: appears to be 25
They me a: Demon
I am a: Teacher
I teach: Music
I can do this!: Telekinesis, and Pyrokinesis
Well, a lot has happened: Sebastian was one of the more favored demons that followed directly underneath Baal the lord of destruction during the war of the races. However once his master was defeated and the war ended leading to the current peace, Sebastian found himself misplaced in this new world. It was then that he decided that he would become a teacher and while he didn't necessarily believe in peace he also wasn't one to start things.
But I turned out alright: Sebastian is very strict and quick to anger, but he does have a kind side that most people do not see. He is very dark and mysterious in many ways but most people just try to stay on his good side. As a teacher he doesn't stand for bullying and will step in if needed but for the most part just tries to help out the victim. The years of peace have started to change his mind about living in coexistence.
Wow, that's cool!:

♡Music
♡War
♡Reading

Eh,..no thanks..:

♦ Peace
♦ Angels
♦ slackers who don't pay attention in class

My actions are controlled by: Aeronathe

Familiar Fatcat

User Image

Hello, my name is: Allora Fate

I am this old: Sixteen

They call me a: Your plain old, regular human.

I live here!: A5 !

I can do this!: N/A. Though it would've been nice to have some, I suppose. But, then again, I don't think I'd have been able to control it. Or I would control it, just too much, and maybe it'd either grow so boring I wouldn't try with my powers anymore for large things.

Well, a lot has happened: It was the most terrifying moment in my life. Something that you could only think could or would happen in movies, or television dramas. But it had happened. One day, just seemingly out of the blue. I can't tell you how it began, exactly, because as soon as I was out, I learned that I had been near the rear end of it all. Though I can tell you what I heard: the first crack. Something that sounded like wood breaking. First thing I did was look up and drag my eyes around the store, watching as buyers browsed through the clothes racks.

But then all of the sudden, there were sirens screaming. Everywhere. Lights flashing.

In the mall foodcourt, people were stopping. Frozen where they sat, where they stood in line, looking up - and then the first person moved. Someone else looked like they screamed, but you can't hear them over the siren. People in the clothes shop were pouring out. I jumped the separator and started for the exit.

Bodies everywhere. Shoulder to shoulder. Barely keeping up.

Keep looking up. The skylight glowing with the grey clouds outside. Lights bursting. Head ringing.

Everything else was a blur.

The mall that I had worked at was deliberately set on fire. Homemade bombs. The perpetrators? "Specials", of course. Supernaturals. A group of them - ten or more planned it out, but the police had only caught three. The three said that they decided to burn the mall because of the fact that there were humans in there. And humans were scum. Selfish, ignorant, racist bastards that deserved to be burned to ashes twice - once to die, and a second time in hell. There were no regrets. No remorse. And it left me with the coldest feeling, watching the news reel, huddled on my couch, knowing that if I had gone out toward the front of the mall for even a minute, I would have been of the 540 people presumed dead.

Three years later, I still can't go into malls, and the very thought of fire makes my teeth set on end.

She can appreciate the Specials, but thanks to her past, she's more than a little wary about them. The moment she had read the acceptance letter from the school, Allora had considered tossing it. But it was a university...and most university's made tuition fees ridiculously high...and free was free...

But I turned out alright: Athletic, competitive. Allora's competitive attitude in sports has been around for as long as she can remember. If you're looking for someone to race, this girl would happily volunteer, and she'd give it her damn hardest. Determination goes hand in hand with competition, doesn't it? And if you don't have enough motivation to get yourself going, well, then, you're going to have a hell of a hard time doing anything, aren't you?

Wow, that's cool!:

♡Gymnastics
♡Soccer
♡Dogs! Oh, my God - I love dogs! Especially when they're puppies and everything and they're just cutey-wooty wittle guise...

Eh,..no thanks..:

♦ Fire

♦Shopping / stores.

♦Spiders. I've got Arachnaphobia, so even a little spider scares the hell out of me (I know they'll be big in under a week).

My actions are controlled by: PSY-ed Out

User Image

Hello, my name is: Andrew Theodore Baker
I am this old: 17
They call me a: Human
I live here!: C-2
I can do this!: None, ordinary Human.
Well, a lot has happened: For the most part, Andrew is a relatively ordinary boy. He lived in a good family from the American Midwest, then moved with them to Virginia Beach for business in the Shipbuilding Industry, of all things, and is now out to broaden his horizons. For the most part, his Human family was insulated from the ravages of the past race wars, protected by Humanity's brave and hardy armies, has known no want, and in general has a blissfully quiet life, the 4th and final son from the smaller, die-hard military service branch of a massive family; the Old Money of American Humanity that did much to bankroll the survival of all free Mortals, ever "In the Shadows of Those GREATER Scions of the Family". Forgotten in the image of those brave, daring, cunning, shrewd, and disgustingly successful and rich family, and heir to nothing but the most basic of living, if his other relatives have any say on the matter, and held ever to said image. The lesson is clear; keep up our appearances, and you will be allowed to go live out your little life at our pleasure.
Naturally, Andrew is bored out of his skull, resentful of his situation, and desperate to prove himself or find something, ANYTHING, to stand on his own terms.

His life is two-dimensional, the hunt for a girl who might possibly find him attractive is as dismal a failure as his life in general is otherwise happy, his friends are narrow-minded in a harmlessly selfish way, his job prospects fall near lock-step into his family's world, and in general, Andrew is...trapped. Trapped by the very joy and comfort that so many non-Humans and Humans not so fortunate in their lives, and unable to believe that he has ever made his own decision.

He tried to join the Army, defend Mankind from the Demon Hordes in ever seeking a way into Human Territory from fallen China. No, too dangerous said his aging parents, now desperate for grandchildren that War has seemed to steal the life from before they were ever born. Architecture! No, too lacking in glory said his aunts and uncles. Police Officer! Too likely to turn against the mighty Hopewell main Family.

How about Inter-Race relations? ANYTHING?! Well...uhm...sure! Go play with demons and try to have sexual/romantic relations with angels and dryads! Knock yourself out, you ungrateful b*****d!

And so it was that Andrew Theodore Baker, descendant of the Illustrious Hopewell family, came to pursue a career in diplomacy with Non-Human peoples.

In his mind, he feels this is the best of all choices. No one will really care about what he does, the people he will work with are vastly more interesting (and more importantly, the...girls...are so...so much prettier...and...desperate to sow wild oats...gosh...), and if he's lucky, he'll never have to hear of the now thoroughly disappointed Hopewell family...ever again.

This University, not that he cares at all about the name, is free, distant, and best of all, primarily home to non-Humans. If all the stories he's ever heard about Non-Humans are even one quarter true, he'll never be lacking in excitement again.

But I turned out alright: Inspite of his upbringing, Andrew is a genuinely decent, friendly, gregarious soul with impeccable social skills and an top-rank upbringing and education. He, nowadays, is looking to make friends, broaden his horizons, and, above all, show that he is an individual, thinking person.

He WILL be recognized, dammit, because he is sick and tired of being marginalized, degraded, ignored, and hurt by those supposedly close to him for their petty selfishness and advancement.

Naturally, this means that Andrew could very easily be a complete sociopath. He wants to prove himself, is an incredible, straight-faced liar, convincing, attractive, and has a winning smile and a true, genuine innocence and awkward nature that only serves to disarm those around him even more. He has all the qualities, preconditions, and mental setup to be a perfect, peerless manipulator and player of emotions. Thankfully, he is too desperate to find someone to hold him as being worthy of care, friendship, and true intimacy and trust to ever wish to endanger such efforts with needless plotting and schemes.

Andrew is an example of contrast; on the one hand, a kind, friendly, eager to please and be loved boy; but on the other hand, he is a reserved, ever-cautious boy with difficulty allowing others to get truly close to him, or in ever letting his defenses down. He makes many "chums", and even more aquiantences, but very few real friends, and finds it nearly impossible to expose himself to girls in the way he so desperately wants to show himself. He wants to be accepted for who he is, and what he cares about, but is nearly incapable of letting anyone actually achieve such a state of relationship.

Wow, that's cool!:

♡Literature
♡War movies
♡Dogs

Eh,..no thanks..:

♦ His extended family
♦Obvious demons or supernatural creatures that hunt humans (vampires, evil spirts, etc.), raised on the true stories of these monsters' depredations
♦Sour foods.

My actions are controlled by: jarek56

Golden Lover

11,900 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

Hello, my name is: Valerie Beatrice Reed
I am this old: 28
They me a: Elf
I teach: Art
I can do this!: Earth elementalism
Well, a lot has happened: Beatrice lived in a peaceful village before the war happened. It was a terrible thing for her, once a wealthy royal family had gone into ashes because of all the expenses for healing brethren and building more refuge camps. This would anger people, but not Beatrice, she would have done anything for her people, even die for them. Alliances were formed with a few races, but they were very cautious of the company they kept. Warriors were in high demand, so every able bodied young man was taken up for battle, while children, elderly and women had to stay to help out the wounded when they were returned.

Also before the war, she had a particular love interest and they were going to be wedded right before this madness started. He was called to lead the fleet and constantly sent letters to her. A month or two into the war, the letters stopped coming and Beatrice was getting worried. No one wanted to tell her that her fiancée had died in battle. The poor woman had to find out when they returned his body for burial. Screams and tears took over her, they had been childhood sweethearts since birth. Their parents honorable people in the village had now mourn a union that would never happen.

When the war had ceased and rebuilding was taking place. Her parents suggested she study and become a teacher and get away from her home so the memories wouldn't drive her to insanity. The idea was a good one, so she packed up and left her village when she was twenty. There in a normal city, she attended a university and got her master's degree in less than three years. Yes, she was very sharp. All this time she put into this career took her mind of the war completely.

But I turned out alright: Beatrice is an outspoken woman, never afraid to tell the truth. A little blunt at times, but has someone's best interest at heart. Since her fiancée had passed, she became very giving, always wanting to help someone in need. Doing her best to support the weak at heart. Don't think just because she's kind she is a push over, oh no my dear! She is very firm with each word she speaks, and no one dares to question her.

Wow, that's cool!:

♡Archery
♡Dancing
♡Animals

Eh,..no thanks..:

♦ Demons
♦ Getting sick
♦a** holes

My actions are controlled by: ChibilolitaPop

amanthamarie's Husband

Quotable Genius

8,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

User Image

Hello, my name is: Nephet Fields
I am this old: 25
They me a: Wolf Demon
I teach: Ice control advanced tutoring, and inner beast control.
I can do this!: Control over Ice, and shifts into a wolf.
Well, a lot has happened: Nephet was always a bit unstable, and has a bit of a colorful history. Mainly do to the animalistic tendencies that controlled him for a sizable portion of his teenage life. After a incident where he was forced into a home for the mentally unstable he learned to control the beast, but keeps the fact hidden that he still has his episodes. He has held it together enough to get in, and out of college, and start as a teacher at Halcyon University.
But I turned out alright: Very calm, and relaxed for the most part not really a disciplinary teacher. He is never the first one to jump in, and stop a fight though he will stop it before someone gets hurt.
Wow, that's cool!:

♡Being in control of himself
♡Training, and learning new abilities
♡Eating

Eh,..no thanks..:

♦ Being bossed around
♦ Being proven wrong.
♦ Sleeping

My actions are controlled by: dantesparta
User Image

Hello, my name is: Ahllyson Phoebe

I am this old: 16

They call me a: Demon

I live here!: A5

I can do this!: able to control fire and able to shape shift.
Well, a lot has happened: Ahllyson has had a horrible history. Her parents abused her, hated her, and disowned her at the age of 10. She lived with her best friend, Micah since the age of 12. Ahllyson was walking home late from school one day, when someone pulled her into a dark alley, and she couldn't see anything for a while. She realized he had blindfolded her. The blindfold was ripped off her face, along with some of her blonde hair. Tears stung her eyes as she realized the situation. Three men stood around her, with disgusting looks on their faces. Well, you should know what happened next. Ahllyson was raped and abused for about a week. The men finally grew bored, and threw her back onto the street. She never saw them again, and she couldn't report them to the police either, or else they would find her and hurt her again, she had no doubt that they would. The only person she ever told was Micah. Micah helped her through it, and told her how it was a miracle that they even let her go. Ahllyson soon got over the issue, and continued her life. After getting a job at the age of 14, she began to get her own money and live in a rather large apartment on her own. Micah and herself began to separate with Micah going to a private all girls school. That was when she found out about her powers. Her apartment was set on fire as some cruel kind of joke. She realized when she was cowering in the corner that she could manipulate the flames, which saved her from dying and from losing all her things. After doing a lot of thinking, repairing, and practicing of her powers, Ahllyson then decided at the age of 16, to attend Halcyon University.

But I turned out alright: Ahllyson isn't the most likable person, she seems rather snobbish and bitchy, but that's all an act. She says mean things, acts tough, and pretends nothing hurts her. But in her mind, she's screaming at herself, wondering why she can't make friends like normal people. Only one person has broken through her walls, and seen the real her. That was her best friend, Micah. Once someone gets to know Ahlly, she tends to be a tad nicer, making them less uncomfortable, and saying less rude things. But she doubted anyone would stay long enough to see that.

Wow, that's cool!:

♡ Movies
♡ Animals
♡ Hair

Eh,..no thanks..:

♦ Any kind of bug
♦ Amphibians
♦ Reptiles

My actions are controlled by: aimant redface

Fashionable Shapeshifter

User Image

Hello, my name is: Shinji Otora
I am this old: 29
They me a: Elf
I teach: Charms
I can do this!: Water and wind elementalism
Well, a lot has happened: During the war Shinji was always on the back lines, he never say any fighting at all. He was on the back lines using his powers to create charms and other magical items that would help the one who were fighting. He was revealed when the wars were over and he could finally get back to a normal way of life. Now he has traveled to Halcyon University so he can teach his charm making to the new generation. he figures that this way he may be able to prevent a future war from happening.
But I turned out alright: Calm and caring
Wow, that's cool!:

♡Reading
♡Helping people
♡The ocean

Eh,..no thanks..:

♦Loud places
♦Violence
♦Meat

My actions are controlled by: Haaleo_Husky.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

User Image
Dog form:User Image

Hello, my name is: Ren Miogi
I am this old: 18
They call me a: Dog demon
I live here!: C-2
I can do this!: Dog transformation
Well, a lot has happened: He has always lived in with humans hiding the fact that he can change into a dog. With that fact he avoided having to fight in any of the wars, but he kinda wished he could have helped people. He now attends Halcyon academy so he can find a way to help people now. he only hopes he doesn't freak anyone out when he changes. He also has trouble sometimes since he can act like a dog in his normal form if he changes to fast.
But I turned out alright: Playful and loyal to friends
Wow, that's cool!:

♡Meat
♡Running around
♡Sweets

Eh,..no thanks..:

♦Cats
♦Sitting still
♦Too much silence

My actions are controlled by: Haaleo_Husky

Quick Reply

Submit