Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

私の恐怖を燃やすと私の鎖を断ち切る、私は逃げるよ
                                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                        BURN MY DREAD AND BREAK MY CHAINS ⋉⋮ I'LL RUN AWAY

CREATOR⋮SHOUSIE
                                        CO-CREATOR⋮SOARU
                                        STORY⋮SHOUSIE
                                        GFX. & CODING⋮KAPPAKO
                                        STATUS⋮OPEN/ACC.
                                        LINKS⋮chapter 1 || CHAPTER 2 ||PT || OOC.

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

Once upon a time ago, a beta was born.

And their parents named them NIL exactly 27 years ago.

This woman eventually grew up to be 5'7" tall and 130 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: The story goes something like me ending up in the dumps. Being born as an abnormal child I was abandoned by my parents at a certain age, much like some other tainted few. While I was just a little girl living on the streets, survival was my first priority. During daytimes I would keep a low profile, hiding away from the plain sight. However, during the deserted nights when everyone was asleep I would run around the city stealing things that was a necessity for me. Of course I was a child and my back was against the wall. Morals didn’t occur to me. As long I was living, everything else was trivial.

That lifestyle didn’t stay for long as I was confronted by some men in black. It was hard to believe that Mirai existed but even so without much of a fight I went along with them. The sound of an actual roof over my head and warm meal sounded too tempting for a thief like me. However, once I was thrown in with the others like mysel yet so different, I felt like I was lost among a huge crowd. It’s kind of embarrassing to admit but I was quite the loner and I lacked basic social skills. I was a nervous wreck. I used to care too much about what other people thought of me. I was dwelling too much on my past deeds and compared myself with others’. A foolish thing I used to do, that’s what broke my foundation.

Despite that I was able to make a few acquaintances. I wouldn’t call them friends because I hardly felt that we connected in an emotional level. Some of them are now the teachers of the school and me? I am the mechanic. My job is to maintain the barrier around the school as well as tweaking with the technical things. Now, the barrier is a huge part of my work, it keeps me busy since I am always having to be on my toes. Who knows? One of the unruly brats might try and break it. To be honest, I would like to see them try. It hasn’t been broken for years now. So, anyway my job requires me to work from my lab since almost every day I am upgrading the whole school. I just like to keep myself busy.

Now, I am not sure why I chose to confine myself even after my time of being a troubled teen ended. Oh right, I almost forgot to mention. Once I graduated I was outside the walls, I was living with a man at that time. He was my fiancé. For some reason as time marched forward towards my wedding day, I called off our engagement. I was terrified of the thought and it sickened me. My mind drifted towards Mirai, a place where I belonged. Normal life was far beyond my grasp. My fiancé didn’t fancy my obsessions with machine and technology. It was un-lady like according to him. Well good riddance. It’s quite safe to assume my love life has been quite the train wreck. Settling down isn’t my cup of tea I suppose. From that point on I developed a drinking problem.

Anyway, after I came to Mirai as one of the staff member, life has been . . .well better than what it was outside. I have own laboratory, my efforts were highly appreciated. Mirai is my home.

Some say I act a little I am not sure how to describe my own personality. To start it off, I might come off as a more casual person rather than one of the authoritative figures in Mirai. I am not exactly one of them. Teachers hold more ground and since I hardly socialize or come out of my lab some may not notice my presence and completely disregard me. I can dig that y’know? I like keeping a low profile. They won’t get in my way as long I don’t get in their ways. But that doesn’t mean I will completely ignore someone if they talk to me. Just don’t expect me to be the ‘ideal’ adult who gives the right advice. Heh, I’ve never been good with heart to heart conversations anyway. Unless . . . I am completely and utterly drunk. That’s another, terrifying side of me. I have a bad habit of losing myself in alcohol. I don’t have any control over it. So if I am drinking with someone, I will have to think twice, just for their own safety. In that state I become flirty and rather emotional.

Other than that I can be very goal oriented and like keeping myself busy with my work. My obsession with machinery comes right after that. If anyone tries to mess with the high tech stuff I invested my countless time in creating around the academy, I will rip off every single strand from their skull. I guess this makes me kind of irritable and impulsive too. But hey better be safe than sorry? Just don’t destroy my gadgets.

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my Technology Manup abilities.

But that was a while ago, because now I'm a technician in Mirai.

I don't really like hanging out with many people, but I love having a drink or two with Legion & Jacobi.

I'm rooming in the secret dorm, in my lab actually.

Oh, please bring me some of these:

Robots.
                          Video games.
                          Late nights.
                          Beef stakes.
                          Alcohol.

Oh, keep them away:

x Rowdy kids.
                          x Having to go out of her lab.
                          x Malfunctions of her machines.
                          x Commitments & confrontations.
                          x Restrictive clothing.

Signed yours truly, Soaru

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

Once upon a time ago, an alpha was born.

And their parents named them Ijiri, Nanase exactly eighteen years ago.

This girl eventually grew up to be 5'6 tall and 122 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: Huh? Seriously? Home – don’t make me laugh. I don’t recall a place which I can call a home. Are you expecting some sob story or an exciting biography about my life? Tch, I will stop you right there. This is real life keep that in mind. Now if you would let me speak – Hm, looking back at my past I can only remember being moved around from one government facility to another, masked as schools under my father’s influence. But really they were just prison cells holding off other dangerous alphas such as me.

Now, that I think harder about my childhood, I would like to rewind back a little. Until the age of seven I had a quite tranquil lifestyle. I was blessed with a loving alpha mother and a busy yet highly affectionate alpha father. Our family was well-off. L-Life . . . back then was quite different than how it is now. Both my parents worked as teachers at Gakuen Mirai for a long time. Unlike the renewed system, teachers didn’t have to stay at the academy before. I was home schooled until the age of seven, my powers were starting to surface at that time. My memories are sort of hazy. . .

Uh, where were we? Oh right . . . it was in the middle of a dark night, I had a dream. In my dream I witnessed a heated argument between two people and they didn’t have any idea that I was listening while hiding behind the slightly parted door of their bedroom. I noticed . . . a man, who I suspected was my father. I couldn’t see his face however, he was wearing a mask. But his voice, I knew it a little too well. I saw him dragging my mother out of the room as she pleaded and cried, asking for him to not take her away from me. She ran for the door as did he, I don’t recall doing anything about it, I was petrified. The door flung open, without the knowledge of me being there someone pushed me back and in a blink of eye everything was moving. The next day when I woke up from that bizarre nightmare, my father – Raiden told me that mother had decided to leave unable to handle the pressure of being a tainted. She wanted nothing to do with us and she left without a trace. Funny thing is, a part of my young heart . . . knew father wasn’t being completely honest but I loved him way too much. Sadly I was just a foolish little child. I blindly believed he was incapable of lying to me.

That particular night, again I had another strange dream, I was dreaming about her. She spoke her parting words and left me with a gift. The next morning I found myself waking up with tears streaming down my face while my hands tightly grasped onto a pocket watch. I don’t know what happened. Everything is just a huge blur to me. The watch could very well belong to father but I still kept it with me as the final memorandum of my mother’s departure. That’s the most notable event from my childhood, I am not sure if it was even real because after that I can’t remember anything clearly. There’s just a blank in between.

Presently I am a student of Gakeun Mira, I have been since the age of sixteen. My father was appointed as the principal of the academy a couple of years ago. During the huge span of time in between everything changed. He – the man I once respected, my feelings towards him started to disappear. From what I have managed to decipher he is now one of the most powerful man alive. Not only that, he is said to be the underground government god. With power comes corruption, he isn’t the man he was ten years ago. Perhaps he has always been like this. I might have been too foolish to realize it before. His words and shady actions are rather spiteful and I know I hold no significance in his life, apart from the fact that I am just another one of his precious alpha. A tool. I doubt he even acknowledges me as his daughter anymore. However, I too have changed my views and perspectives. Maybe that’s what you call growing up? The love I felt died years ago, he is rather cruel and manipulative. Along with my mother, my father has abandoned me also. In fact, I have a resolve – since he is just a dead person walking around I would like to put him in his grave. He had already dirtied my hands by making me kill a human-chimera during the sweep up and when I questioned him, he threatened to wipe away my existence. On the other hand he doesn't like me getting close to betas, he has a certain hatred towards them. I don't usually get too close to people only for their benefit. Trust me I am doing them a favor, I don't want to bear a burden of someone else's death. Such a troublesome man . . .

Recently I also realized that my father’s deeds are quite suspicious and not only that, he is seems to be rather malicious and evil. He has been plotting something rather gruesome and after the sweep up. Now, I know what kind of significance I hold in this story. I might be getting myself in trouble and risking my life but I can’t watch from the sidelines anymore, I need to know the truth behind my mother’s disappearance, the chimeras and Raiden’s obsession with alphas.

Some say I act a little . . . wait didn't you have enough already? What is this an interview? Such things are rather trivial and time consuming. But, I suppose I can slip in some details about my personality, maybe it will come to benefit you in the future. After all, I don’t appreciate anyone getting in my way. I am a rather calm individual on the surface, almost to the point where one may question if I have any sort of emotion under my thick, apathetic façade. In fact, I see emotions as weakness, so I would be better off keeping them under a tight lock. People say it’s hard to read me, since my words and actions can be blunt sometimes. I can’t help it but it does get a bit troublesome. Mainly due to the fact that I find myself feeling guilty, if do end up hurting someone. Tch, don’t get your hopes up though. The last thing I will do is apologise. Words of affability mean nothing to me. I don’t care about making friends. It’s best that way, at least they can keep themselves out of trouble. That doesn’t necessarily mean I don’t have any friends, I do but I am slowly trying to push them away from me. Still, even from the back of the alley I watch over them, I consider myself to be extremely loyal and fearless when it comes to people I care about.

Despite my chill disposition, I am not the one to back down from a challenge. Sure, Mirai is rather boring but to keep some excitement in life I do find myself participating in some school activities. Swimming would be the mentionable one. I enjoy losing myself under water. No one can read me when I am hidden from all the peering eyes. I guess that also makes me very reserved. On the other hand I enjoy close combats and sharpening my abilities, I do need to watch my back against all the hateful wishes of the people around me. They call me Satan’s spawn – and I don’t blame them but their negative feelings towards my father somehow get directed at me. Pathetic – yet rather interesting. I want to see how far one can go to channel their emotions on another. Humans are complex beings and to come face to face with such a dilemma would serve a good purpose. At least in my opinion, the more I learn about them, the better. I don’t usually act on impulse but when I do I have valid reasons for it. Therefore, some may call me headstrong and harsh. Hey, as I said before I am a target of unjust hatred of a few, if I don’t watch my back – no one will. I am quite cynical like that.

Living in confinement for the last eighteen years of my life made me rather mature towards unavoidable circumstances but in the end I am still an inexperienced person at heart. I do lack the knowledge about outside world. However, I am quite keen to little details, which helps me catch onto things fast. I would have to credit my chorokinetic abilities for that. Despite my intimidating defiance – it’s rather embarrassing to admit but I do enjoy things that other girls like. I like honest affection, the furry cuteness of little kittens. Whenever I see one around, I would get quickly distracted from my main objective and play with the animal. Er, if I do find out that someone has witnessed that – I will make sure their memories get erased or Hime can take care of them. A few moments ago I mentioned I don’t utter the word ‘sorry’ right? Well, shut up – it’s too embarrassing to openly do that. I would rather make them teddy bear straps or something alike. Hmph. Anyway, Hime? She is my pet python. She is originally from forest of pain but that’s a secret. Going their without permission is forbidden. Che, it’s not like I haven’t broken any rules though. A harm to the system is a step forward towards taking down my no good father.

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my Chrono Control & Picnokinesis abilities.

But that was a while ago, because now I'm a 3rd year student.

I do really love hanging out with: no one, especially insistent aren't you? Get lost.

I'm in the East Wing dorm, room number 2.

Dragonflies.
                          Swimming.
                          Exploring Forest of Pain.
                          Open fields, gentle breeze.
                          Peaceful solitude, her psp.

Oh, keep them away:

x Gakuen Mirai.
                          x Brainless idiots.
                          x Taste of milk.
                          x Rules.
                          x Authoritative figures.

You might have seen me before, I'm a member of the swim team.

Signed yours truly, Soaru

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

And their parents named them Koujun, Rin exactly 16 years ago.

This girl eventually grew up to be 5'2" tall and 120 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: As usual, it was a calm and sunny morning in the country side. I was enjoying the fresh summer breeze, drinking a sweet herbal tea, when my mother had come to join me as she did every morning. I passed her, her cup of tea and said my "good morning," however she did not greet me back like usual nor did she acknowledge the tea. She sat down with her eyes glazed over and brows furrowed like she were thinking of something serious. I watched her as she quietly sat, nearly motionless, aside from her blinks every few seconds. I haven't seen her so zoned out since the day my father left us.

"I WANT YOU TO LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK!" she had yelled to him. He quickly grabbed his things, despite my crying and pleading, and pushed me back with a heavy shove. Then just like that he was gone forever. For months my parents argued about things I didn't understand. Things about me. I was too young to know why she would have said something mean that, but later she told me he couldn't handle how special I was. She said he called me a demon and witch, but I didn't understand why. Was I abnormal because everyone began to follow my every whim? Was it weird that I could get anything I wanted from anyone even if I didn't pay? I really didn't understand that at the time I wasn't normal. That day she just sat on the front porch with the glazed look she has now. When I finally went to her after I stopped crying, she just hugged me tight and whispered, "I'll never let you go."

From that day on, it was just me and my mom in our little home for 9 whole years. She taught me about my secret nature as a tainted being and how she too was one before she gave up the same power I have now. I've learned a lot from her about what I was, but promised to never use my gift for personal gain ever again. If I brought too much attention to myself, Mother said that I would be taken away from her. So then as I stare at her serious face, I worried. "Mother, what is wrong?" I asked quietly. When she looked at me her face broke my heart and she began to cry. She went and pulled me close then said " I'll never let you go," just like that day so many years ago.

The next day I was forced from my home by government officials, away from the only person I truly knew, and sent to Gakuen Mira... And I have been here ever since. I've had to make the best of what's left of my life. I just don't understand why I'm such a monster in the eyes of people when I have never hurt anyone. However my opinion doesn't matter, I just have to pretend that everything is normal and play along with the whole school facade. Here at Gakuen Mira, I've taken classes, joined a club, and lived in a dorm like I was a regular student. The only difference is I have to work on mastering my ability. I have the power to manipulate anyone into doing my bidding. All I have to do is tell them what I want or tell them to do something and they are practically powerless against my wish. It's like I plant the idea into their head and they can't function until they obey. It sounds wonderful and all, but I can't seem to turn it off and choose when I want someone to obey. But I guess that's why they have me practicing.

Some say I act a little shy and reserved but that's only because I don't want to accidentally force someone to do something they do not wish to do. Though I have promised not to use my power, sometimes it just happens, and sometimes I'm forced to. On a few occasions I admit to making people do my history work in school when I wasn't up to, but I feel that's completely reasonable. I also just want to avoid any conflicts. I may end up saying something I regret and could ruin someone's life. Though it's never happened yet, I know the dangers. The school makes me practice the power, though I never enjoy it.

I rather enjoy being outside where I can enjoy the fresh air and just relax. If I close my eyes and listen to the wind while the warm sun is on my face, I almost feel like I'm home. Though it never last long. To keep the ache of home away I turn to painting the world around me. As a member of the art club I get full privilege to the paints or whatever I want to use to create a master piece. Some days I will paint out the other tainted going about their business or maybe working out their powers. Though that almost always requires me to hide and paint them from afar. Other days I will work on painting the buildings. But I mainly just paint the flowers in the garden area as they make me think of the garden from my house.

The only thing that many people have said is strange about me in this strange place, is my obsession with squares. I collect square and cubed items because they make me happy. I don't understand how I'm any different from other people who collect things. The only reason I enjoy them so much is because they are the only things I find consistent and perfect in the world that has come crashing down around me. I don't exactly know when I started loving them so much but I know that it just happened.

Other than that I'm just a quiet, tainted girl trying to make the best of the life I've been forced into

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my ability to control people, or as my teachers say "Mental Manipulation" abilities.

But that was a while ago, because now I'm a Second Year.

I do really love hanging out with: Boys, especially Ahh! Why are you asking! I don't want you to tell him!

I'm in the East Wing dorm, room number five.

Sweets.
                          More sketch pads.
                          Flowers.
                          Herbal teas.
                          Anything square or cubed.

Oh, keep them away:

x Thunderstorms.
                          x Conflicts.
                          x History Lessons.
                          x Rude people.
                          x Dark places.

You might have seen me before, I'm a member of the Art club.

Signed yours truly, Define Sanity

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

And their parents named them Koizumi Naomi exactly eighteen years ago.

This girl eventually grew up to be 5'6" tall and 124 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: Really? Do I have to? Well... okay. My twin brother Kaito and I were born out of wedlock, and never really knew our father. Our mother raised us on her meager earnings as a dancer and I think bartender as well. I don't remember much of the details, but I do remember we were all happy. Mother took good care of us, and Kaito and I were always content so long as we had each other to play with. A few months after our eighth birthday, our mother was found dead in an alleyway. Child services tracked down our biological father. To be quite honest, I was excited at first. Devastated at the loss of my mother, of course, but I couldn't help also being eager to finally meet my father. He was brought to meet us briefly before we were ushered out of the room while our child services representative spoke with him in private. I of course, wasn't ready to just accept that development and made my way to peek inside the office door while the adults weren't looking. I was listening at the door when I heard the man that was supposed to be my father state rather firmly that he had no interest in taking care of a bunch of brats. I was understandably heartbroken, even more so when I found out that Kaito and I would be sent to different foster homes.

We were allowed to see one another on weekends, but I don't think either of us handled the separation well. I learned indirectly that Kaito started acting out and getting himself into trouble both at school and at home, and as a result he ended up bouncing between homes quite often. I did a bit of the opposite. I withdrew from everything and everyone except for Kaito on our weekly visits. I rarely ever am willing to admit it, but I recognize that our father's rejection gave me an acute fear of rejection, and that's hurt my willingness to interact socially. I still bounced between foster homes, but not nearly as frequently as Kaito. Most of my foster parents found me quite easy to take care of and didn't mind my presence, it seems. I did have one incident where I got into trouble, but not the same kind my brother usually found. One of my first foster families owned a small restaurant below their living quarters, and I decided to explore. I ended up getting myself trapped in the walk in freezer and had a close call with hypothermia. Needless to say, I haven't been a huge fan of the cold since then, and being trapped in small spaces or freezing temperatures can bring on a panic attack.

Well, onto the interesting things, right? My powers, probability manipulation is what they called it. I discovered my talent when I was about twelve years old. I learned how to do a few parlor tricks and I was able to use that for my own entertainment for the following few years. I shared my ability with my brother, and about a year later Kaito came to me and excitedly showed me that he'd discovered his own ability to heal super humanly fast. I avoided doing anything big to draw attention to myself, but I think the subtlety of my power is what really kept me undetected for so long. I mainly used it to pull innocent pranks on boys I liked so I could see them blush or sometimes to play more embarrassing tricks on the students who gave me a hard time. It was never traced back to me, but my pranks would be the talk of the school for the following week. I enjoyed it. Getting to be the center of attention without anyone actually knowing it was me. All the positive attention without any of the bad.

When I was fifteen I was caught in the middle of a robbery in a tiny convenience store. I acted without thinking and used my power when I saw the man pull a gun. I grabbed a can off the shelf and rolled it perfectly under the foot of the man as he advanced on the cashier. he was sent hurtling forward and slammed his head on the counter, knocking him out. The police called my actions stupid and lucky, and wrote it off as nothing more than that, but I'm pretty sure that event put me on the government's radar.

A few months later I found out that my brother ran away from his foster home without saying a word of goodbye. I was once again devastated, but I coped, like I always do. When I was sixteen I learned what had happened to him when I was dragged out of my home by some government official. I was thrown into a windowless interview room where my brother was raging and forced to wait what must have been at least an hour before someone came to speak with us. The man explained that he believed that both of us were uniquely gifted, and would now be required to attend a school specifically for children like us. To Kaito's credit, when he heard that the man wanted to take both of us to Gakuen Mirai, he tired to argue that he was the only one with any powers. Apparently he had been brought into the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds and then remarkably healed to the point that he barely had any scars a few minutes after arriving. I discovered later that Kaito had been involved in a lot of gang activity since running away. Regardless, the man insisted that he had had reason to believe I was gifted for a long time, but only through my blood connection to Kaito was he certain that it was true. Apparently one of our parents had been one of the 'tainted' although which one I don't know.

Ever since we've both been students at Gakuen Mirai. Kaito and I have managed to repaired our relationship since then. I actually enjoy being at the academy, but I can tell that Kaito can't stand it. I keep myself busy with clubs and studying most of the time, and when I'm not doing that I'm keeping an eye on Kaito, much to his irritation.

Some say I act a little friendly and polite. Which I am most of the time, especially when I'm first getting to know someone. I try to be as helpful as I can, and I don't particularly mind taking on extra work or responsibility. I've been accused of being a teachers pet before, but oh well. So what if I like to follow the rules? I've also been called motherly, in some instances. I guess I have a habit of taking it upon myself to scold the wrong-doings of those I care about. Also, unlike my brother, I'm very difficult to rile up. I'm usually very calm and levelheaded and I can't remember the last time I've actually lost my temper. I can be annoyed or irritated, but it's extremely difficult to anger me.

I've definitely come a long way in defining myself in the two years I've been at Gakuen Mirai, though. When I first came here I was pretty quite and reserved. I really didn't like setting myself up for rejection, I still don't, but back then I wouldn't go out of my way to make friends or meaningful relationships. I was absolutely terrified of being rejected. Getting to rebuild my relationship with my twin helped a bit with that, I think. Now I'm able to push my insecurities aside and just be myself.

And just between you and me... I'm a horrid, shameless flirt. I can't help it, flirting is just so much fun~ It doesn't matter to me if it's a girl or a guy, or even if they're attracted to females. I love nothing more than when I find someone who's willing to go back and forth with me with suggestive lines. If you make me laugh during our banter, I'm all the more likely to enjoy it. I also have a great deal of fun making others blush and stumble over their words. Especially a few certain girls who give me particularly amusing reactions. Although I'll admit, I have to have a feel for how a person acts before I start flirting with them. I'm not going to try and hit it off with a complete stranger. On that note, I'm also a bit of a prankster, as I mentioned earlier, as well as a con artist. Certain things (like money) are so difficult to get on campus that it's easiest just to convince my unsuspecting classmates to gamble with me. With my power, I never lose, but the freshmen don't know that. Yet anyways.

Oh! I guess I should also mention that I'm a problem solver. I think it has something to do with my power, it lets me calculate cause and effect in the blink of an eye, so putting the pieces together comes naturally for me. Of course, my power doesn't do all the work for me, there are some things I have to figure out on my own. I become compulsive about it sometimes: I have to understand how everything works, how everything goes together, how everything interacts or else I won't be able to focus on anything until I do. It drives me crazy if there's something I don't understand. I supposed that's part of the reason why I'm the president of the Science and Technology club. That and, as my brother likes to put it, I'm an "over-achieving machine that's going to burn into the ground one day". I'd rather describe it as hard-working, disciplined, and motivated to achieve my goals, but he's entitled to his opinion even if I don't agree with it, I suppose.

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my probability manipulation abilities.

But that was a while ago, because now I'm a third year.

I do really love hanging out with: boys and on the rare occasion girls too, especially the funny looking one. What? Did you think I was going to give you a straight answer?

I'm in the west wing dorm, room number 1.

flirting and corny one-liners
                          comic books and gaming
                          being the center of (positive) attention
                          puzzles and riddles
                          sewing and cosplaying

Oh, keep them away:

x the cold (tied to a fear of freezing to death)
                          x being sick
                          x not being able to figure something out
                          x arguments, confrontations, being scolded (i.e. negative attention)
                          x being disliked or rejected

You might have seen me before, I'm a member of the the student council, art club, kendo club, oh! and I'm also the president of the science and technology club.

Signed yours truly, Dead Mans Bell

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

And their parents named them Koizumi Kaito exactly eighteen years ago.

This guy eventually grew up to be 6'1" tall and 162 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: Why are you pestering me about this? Go bother Naomi.

Not going away until I talk huh? Hrmph, Fine. Me and Naomi are a couple of b*****d twins, our mother was a con-artist-turned-stripper, and our father is a backstabbing, a*****e, son-of-a-b***h. I'm sure my sister wouldn't put it as colorfully as that, but there it is. We were raised by our mother until age eight when she was murdered in some dark alley. Then we met our worthless father who refused to take us in and we were sent into separate foster homes. I was angry and I showed it. So what if my school and foster family didn't like it? None of them really gave a damn. Why the hell should I try to please them when the whole damn stupid system was keeping me from my baby sister?

Naomi told me about her talent as soon as she learned about it. We had fun using it to mess with people whenever we got to visit one another, although in a way it made me angry. Maybe I was a little jealous, but mostly I was reminded that I was separated from my sister. What kind of brother was I if I couldn't protect my special sister from all the bad things in the world that were out to get her? Well, ok, maybe in my twelve-year-old mind I thought I was supposed to be the hero that protected her from the comic-book-like villains, but it was a legitimate worry, even if it was for the wrong reasons back then.

The next year I was trying to climb a fence and skip school when I fell and broke my arm. I cradled my arm to my chest when the pain started to fade. The bone righted itself and healed completely within an hour, even the scratches I got were gone. I don't know why the power suddenly manifested itself when it did, something to do with puberty and hormones maybe, but I didn't have that ability before that point that I know of. I told Naomi all about it the next time I saw her, I couldn't help but be excited.

The next few years were pretty uneventful. I eventually ended up in a foster home that I admittedly liked. My foster parents signed me up for Nippon Kempo classes, which I greatly enjoyed. When I was fifteen Naomi told me about a run in with a robber at a convenience store she had, and I had no idea at the time that that was a catalyst for a whole bunch of s**t to come. Only a few days after that my dickhead of a father caught me after my Nippon Kempo class. He was asking questions about Naomi. Somehow he knew about her power and wanted to use that to his advantage. I cut a deal with him: If he left Naomi the ******** alone, I'd do whatever job he wanted done. At first it was just delivering some questionable merchandise to some shady looking crooks, but when he found out about my power he started throwing me into even more dangerous situations. I eventually cut myself off from my foster family and my sister, figuring everyone would be safer that way.

During the months I spent working for Yuudai--that was his name--I learned a little bit about my mother that me and my sister never got the chance to learn from the woman herself. She'd apparently been a big time thief and con-artist once upon-a-time, and he had been her fence. She was about to perform miraculous tricks with just the flip of a coin and get away from any sticky situation with a power that sounded a lot like Naomi's. Well, almost any situation. The Government managed to catch her and when she refused to be their pet, they stripped her of her power. Ha. Just think, if she hadn't lost her powers she probably wouldn't of died in that alley, and me and Naomi would probably be living the high life.

Anyway, you wanted to hear about me, not her, right? Well, as time went on, Yuudai got even bolder with what he wanted me to do. Put bluntly, he sent me into a gang nest to get shot up, then got arrested himself. I learned later that he gave both me and my sister up for a reduced sentence, the backstabbing a*****e. Long story short, we both got sent to the goddamned prison-school.

Some say I act a little harsh, and they'd be right. I don't tolerate assholes and I don't bother to control my temper. If you piss me off, I'm going to smash your face into the nearest hard surface, you got that? I don't have a superiority complex or a inferiority complex like some of us 'tainted' kids do, I'm just tired of taking crap from people. I can be sarcastic and I don't do well with authority figures, although I bet that latter part you could of guessed. I bet you could also guess that I can't stand Gakuen Mirai or being trapped figuratively or literally.

On another note, I'll admit that I'm extremely protective of the ones I care about, namely my sister. I'm not above beating someone to a pulp if they look at her funny. I'm also not above lying to her to keep her happy. Naomi tries to take care of me like she's my mother or something and it drives me nuts. I'm the one who looks after her, not the other way around. Although I guess I'm glad she's still talking to me after my "disappearing act" as she likes to call it. Regardless, I'm not a saint or a hero and I don't claim to be. After all the s**t I've dealt with I only care about looking out for me and my own.

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my healing factor abilities.

I do really love hanging out with: girls, especially ... You expect me to tell you? You're kidding right?

I'm in the west wing dorm, room number 4.

brawling or fighting
                          cigarettes and alcohol
                          confrontation
                          Nippon Kimpo and I guess Kendo is alright too
                          pissing off the headmaster and teaching staff

Oh, keep them away:

x being treated like a child
                          x having to sit through classes
                          x being trapped
                          x assholes
                          x authority figures

You might have seen me before, I'm a member of the kendo team and the basketball team... but only because Naomi insisted.

Signed yours truly, Dead Mans Bell

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

Once upon a time ago, an alpha was born.

And their parents named them Kiyomizu Chouko exactly seventeen years ago.

This female eventually grew up to be 5'1'' tall and 110 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: So you wish to know my past? Or at least, what I remember of it? Well I can tell you now that there isn't much to tell because most of my life I have spent at schools that have been under government control, just like Gakuen Mirai. What about my parents then, you may ask? What about them? My only knowledge of them is that they brought me into the world and then at the first sign of my powers, which I figure must have frightened them so much in order for them to willingly give me away into the care of those I now call my teachers. Yes, I have no memories at all of my parents, though not for lack of remembering, it's simply because there are none. Which would also be why I have no memories of a younger brother, leading to my not being able to recognize him when he was first admitted to Gakuen Mirai as well in the year below me. There were also suspicions that maybe we were related but Kiyomizu must not be that uncommon of a surname out there in the wide world right?

Honestly, can you tell me which child has many memories from before they were eight? That's how old I was when my second power, yes my second power, but more destructive one began to manifest and my parents had to send me away. That would be my ability to manipulate water. My first power, no-one had ever really thought it was a power, was my control over plants and the like. At least, there wasn't much there to be even considered as a power, and it wasn't until after I had left my parents did I begin to realize the full extent of this power.

So that's it. That's all you need to know about me. Well, all I want you to know. So if you'll excuse me I have an oil painting I need to finish before the end of the week. I'm trying to create a series of paintings on the different seasons, with different meanings behind each one. Whatever do I mean, I hear you ask? Well, that's for me to know and you to find out. If you need me I'll be in the art room, bye.

Some say I act a little quiet and reserved, but that's because they don't know me. It's just that I don't really like speaking unless the situation really requires me to do so, such as in class and the teacher asks me a question. Most people once they get to know me, tell me that their first impression of me was that I was mute. I only laugh and give them a secretive smile. I don't like people knowing too much about me, and I definitely don't like getting too close to people. The scars of being abandoned and the fear of being hurt by those I let into my heart is probably the reason for that.

I've also been called a little aloof at times, cold and distant because sometimes I don't answer people when they talk to me. I don't know why it is so, but I put it down to my love of silence and the fact that when I immerse myself not only into my art, but also the water when I'm swimming, I completely forget everything around me and can hear nothing except the sound of my own heartbeat. I've heard people calling it 'getting into the zone', and maybe that's what it is.

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my water manipulation and control over flora abilities.

But that was a while ago, because now I'm a second year.

I do really love hanging out with: guys, especially ...I don't get close enough to anyone to have a crush...

I'm in the east wing dorm, room number six.

daydreaming.
                          swimming.
                          butterflies.
                          craft-related activities.
                          silence.

Oh, keep them away:

x noisy, crowded areas.
                          x obnoxious people.
                          x people who blatantly lie.
                          x fire.
                          x destruction.

You might have seen me before, I'm a member of the art club and swim team.

Signed yours truly, vampire-ish_angel

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

And their parents named them Kiyomizu Sora exactly sixteen years ago.

This male eventually grew up to be 6'0'' tall and 152 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: My life started out like any other normal child I suppose. I had parents who loved me and cared for me, and I attended school when I was the right age, and did everything I was expected to do. In my memories as a young child, I dimly remember someone else apart from my parents, but whenever I try to focus on those memories and bring them to the fore of my mind, it slips out of my grasp and is lost. If only I could remember, or even if my parents had told me that I had an older sister, who had had two powers manifest at a young age and they had had to give her up. All I know is that my parents gave up their powers a year or so before I was born. Why, I have no idea, I just know that they did.

So, up until I was eleven years of age, I was normal and took a healthy interest in photography, showing an understanding for what made the perfect picture and my parents even bought me a camera for my tenth birthday. A few of my pictures were even entered into international photography contests by my teachers at school, but I didn't even have a chance to know if I had one before my power manifested itself and I was brought to the attention of the government quickly and was taken away to attend Gakuen Mirai.

When I was first admitted to Gakuen Mirai, there was one person in particular that caught my eye, and that was my sempai, Kiyomizu Chouko, but really that was only because we shared a last name. Besides, she tended to keep to herself and so I haven't had much of a chance to get to know her. But trying to learn to control my power of manipulating the weather is keeping me busy, and I am determined to master it because all I really want to do is to go home and continue living my life with my parents as normal kid.

Some say I act a little overly optimistic at times, but it's simply in my nature to always see the good in everyone and everything. Some people might think that it's a bad thing, as I've been told that people like me are very easily tricked and gullible and I should be more on guard, but it's like I have an inability to see the worst in people. Maybe it's because I hope that those around me will also only see the best in me, something along the lines of treating others how you would like to be treated.

Apart from that, I'm someone who likes to spend time with people, and I'm a very sociable person, but that doesn't mean I like my own personal space when I need it. Most likely when I'm out and about taking photos with my camera that my parents bought for me, that's when I most love the comparative quiet of nature compared to the bustle of Gakuen Mirai.

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my weather manipulation abilities.

But that was a while ago, because now I'm a first year.

I do really love hanging out with: girls, especially ...wouldn't you like to know?

I'm in the west wing dorm, room number five.

photography.
                          wide, open spaces.
                          nature.
                          flowers.
                          peace.

Oh, keep them away:

x enclosed spaces.
                          x depressive thoughts.
                          x bees and wasps.
                          x pessimists.
                          x fighting.

You might have seen me before, I'm a member of the school newspaper.

Signed yours truly, vampire-ish_angel

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

Once upon a time ago, a BETA was born.

And their parents named them Arisato Shiryu exactly 17 years ago.

This Male eventually grew up to be 5 '9" tall and 137 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: I was born in an underground lab, guarded by underground soldiers for scientists doing an underground experiment. Pretty rad huh? Heh only dreamin. Though sometimes when I think back, the underground story could have totally been me if it weren't for my parent's decision.. So I'm born to an 'average' family. Y'know what I mean. Those who gave up powers to live a normal life. Better than getting experimented on in anyways huh? Got a good ten years before I was noticed. Oh yeah not much a record but hey, I like my life being natural and ten years...well it's hardly enough. Curse my fate or whatever huh? Parents were always the type to follow normal protocols. That's the whole reason I was born to the outside world but also the whole reason I would be sent to the government. I wasn't old enough then to feel whether their decision was right or wrong. I know now they didn't really have a choice but...It's a question I won't get an answer straight away I guess. Even now I don't know. But I ain't the type to dwell. Maybe one day I'll get out of this academy. Go back to the real world huh.

Oh yeah details, details. I said my power wasn't easy to find huh? Ain't easy to notice. Not even to me. It's got to do with my eyes. I'm pretty sure I'd 'pop lights on' when I was a kid. Y'see my eyes can slow living things down. Yeah, stare at em and you'll be grinding to a halt. Weird eh? Just looking at someone runnin' and they'll slow down to a snail's pace. Like someone pointed a remote at em and clicked on slow motion. Through the years I've gotten pretty good control out of it. Before I needed the target to look at my eyes but now that won't matter anymore. As you may have guessed, back as a kid, this made catching me using my powers pretty hard. Just as you guessed, this wasn't the thing that caught me out as a kid. It's my third eye. I remember falling off a swing and cutting my arm real bad on a rock. Who puts sharp rocks around kiddie swings anyways? Nevermind. The thing is, my 'third' eye awakens. My Medusa's Eye as I like to call it. Yeah just beneath my neck, under intense pain, physical harm, or mental stress, something like a snake's eye forms and opens up. It only works when I close my own eyes, but the thing is, I can still see out of the third eye, though short range only. Think It'd need glasses? Hahah oh ok ok back to the details. Basically anything living now not only grinds to a halt, but turns to stone temporarily. It's a bit slow but if you look into my third eye while the stone process is going about, you'll turn faster. Yeah, just like that, when I fell down and cut myself, the eye awoken, turning the grass around me to stone. Gov' gets called in and I get shipped away. Wonder what would happen if I never fell off that swing? If I never cut myself? Cried like any ten year old would and stuff? Too late for that now. Oh? Still interested in my eye? Well my 'Medusa's Eye' as I'd like to call it still is a bit iffy for me to use. I can't really call upon it when I want but I know it's there and yes it totally works. A fraction of it's powers leaks to my normal eyes and I guess that's why I can slow peeps down.

I've had them scientist types do light testing before. X-rays, Y-rays, Z-rays, nah Im just messing with ya. Umm blood tests, some photos. Etc. They don't tell me much and I guess they don't know much either. All I can say is my third eye forms under the conditions I'd mention, normally the thing below my neck is well just a patch of skin. So like, I've been to an academy or two but I guess they were just 'day-care' type things. This is my big stop. This school. It's taught me alot and hey I'm all grateful for the tote's cool education, learning my power and the fun activities. But well...ok here's me quoting or err missquoting from a book. Ahem* A cage made of gold, is still a cage nonetheless. Err yerp. This school is still a prison. I wanna see what the sky is like...without these walls... Heh maybe one day eh?

Some say I act a little
                          chill, too chill. Like hey no need for worries let's relax, work all day and play all night!...without the 'working all day' part. I don't get angry much, I'm not at all shy and oh I can see the fun side of things more so than others. I don't really start trouble but I ain't gonna be pushed around. Call it me being 'fearless' though that usually because I skip classes to sleep in and such. Yeah I get scolded and gotta catchup on work but I ain't upset and I don't hold grudges to those teachers that tell me off. It's just me and I can't change how I am. Just the same I won't expect the teachers to change how they are. I openly do the minimum required classwork anyways. I wanna have fun, I wanna do my club activities and stuff. Heh you'd with my attitude I'd be the life of the party eh? Sadly no I'm not exactly a social superdude. Granted, I guess I can be pretty nice, try to be funny and I ain't afraid of talking to strangers. But I'm also sarcastic, sometimes insulting when I think it's funny and I don't back down like an immature 12 year old when I get in an arguement. But just like a little kid, I get my attention moved around alot. I'm always willing to try new things and hey If I find an interest in something I'll be going about it for a while.You take the good with the bad ok?

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my Medusa's Eye abilities.

But that was a while ago, because now I'm a second year.

I do really love hanging out with: females, especially the one that dresses up like a sailor scout. Jokes, I ain't sayin.

I'm in the WEST WING dorm, room number 5.

fantasy novels but don't tell anyone.
                          sweets and candy but that much is obvious.
                          a really interesting story (that does NOT mean a dirty rumour)
                          chilling out, relaxing and that sometimes means skipping class
                          video games

Oh, keep them away:

x being bored(which happens more than you'd know)
                          x being excluded(I won't make a big deal but...)
                          x overly serious people.
                          x swimming or getting wet
                          x homework

You might have seen me before, I'm a member of the art club and science and technology club.

Signed yours truly, xLiemx

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

And their parents named them shimizu kotori exactly fifteen years ago.

This female eventually grew up to be 4'7" tall and 93 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: i don't have a sob story or a dramatically exciting one to tell you. my family is an average working class in japan. my mother looks like an ordinary housewife and my father works in a bank as a consultant. i'm the only child but they don't coddle me. they've always tried to make me more independent and taught me that there were things in life that weren't always fair or correct, but had to be done.

when i turned twelve, they told me their past and how they gave up their powers before i was born. i was shocked and honestly, i thought they were playing some elaborate prank on me. moreover, they were unable to show me any proof.

things changed when my hair accidentally grew at an alarmingly rate after i fell down in school, my school teacher was shocked and called my parents. luckily, my mother was able to explain it away as a funny genetic disorder... somehow i have the feeling that my teacher didn't quite believe her, but there wasn't anything she could do anyway. soon after that incident, it was as if my hair had a life of its own! it could move about, wiggle and touch objects in my surroundings, sometimes growing rapidly just to reach for something. i was afraid but more curious than ever. though my parents made me promise to keep it a secret, i know that they know one day it will be discovered by others. we cannot hide who we truly are, right?

when my hair color alternated between hues of gold and pink, my parents knew that they couldn't continue hiding or making up excuses. hence, they contacted some mysterious person.

in less than a week, i was transferring schools and told that i was going to stay at a place called 'gakuen mirai'. my parents explained that there would be people like me, people who had abilities studying and living there, and i would learn how to better control my crazy hair. i don't really know what to make of this but i guess i should be thankful for this opportunity.

Some say I act a little snobbish, but i can't help it if i look proud, can i? i can't possibly be smiling cheerfully all the time! it gets tiring after a while! i know i might seem a little reserved, somewhat quiet... but that doesn't mean i'm a pushover. i do have my own opinions. i just prefer not to end up arguing with people because it's exhausting and i don't want to waste my energy unnecessarily. i can be fickle sometimes. it's easy to change my mind about something or someone, yet i also have the bad habit of remembering all the wrongs that have been done. yes, i know that sounds rather petty. i can't help it! i get jealous easily but i think i do a good job hiding it... ... okay fine, my hair color usually gives away my emotions.

i like being around with people but at the same time i'm kind of unsure if they'll like me. i mean, i may be weird in terms of my hair color and length (because it grows or shorten as i like) but surely it wouldn't be too scary, right? right. see, i knew you'd like me. i'm confident that i can do my best in everything. i may not always end up the champion but i sure am aiming to become one of the elite in the society! pleasing others is a great way of feeling good about myself too. i like helping people... though sometimes they seem...annoyed? i don't know. maybe they don't really need my help and think i'm being a busy body...or maybe they're just too embarrassed to tell me the truth? oh my goodness, it's so hard to tell what someone is truly thinking sometimes! it's a good thing that i don't lie to others then, because my hair color will give me away by turning black!

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my hair manipulation abilities.

But that was a while ago, because now I'm a first year.

I do really love hanging out with: everybody, especially ... well, preferably someone who doesn't mind my temperamental hair...?

I'm in the west wing dorm, room number three on the ground floor.

spicy and/or sweet food.
                          never-ending supple of shoes.
                          mirrors.
                          humorous people.
                          intelligent conversations.

Oh, keep them away:

x thunderstorms.
                          x sharp objects near my hair.
                          x fire... don't want my hair to get scorched!
                          x insensitive jerks.
                          x judgmental people.

You might have seen me before, I'm a member of the school newspaper club! i'm a journalist.

Signed yours truly, vague and vogue

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

And their parents named them Okudaira, Nero exactly eighteen years ago.

This male eventually grew up to be 6'1" tall and 178 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: I didn't need to know that I possessed powers to know that I was born like a super star. Regardless of my unnatural abilities that made me special, from the moment I was born, all the stars and celestial heavens bowed down to the mighty Nero Okudaira! ...Okay, fine, I'll tone it down. Really, my parents gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby boy eighteen years ago, and that's as far as they got. Don't get me wrong, I know that my parents wanted me to have more siblings, but like I said I wasn't kidding! I wasn't born normal. Even before my memories began, apparently, I was already manipulating my parents into giving me what I wanted without speaking. Why? How was this possible? It took them a while to figure it out, since my abilities are extremely subtle, yet effective. It was pheromones that I controlled, shifting my scent to lure in whoever I wished to manipulate their emotions to get what I want. You see, the way a person feels is directly associated to the smell around them. Pheromones are like chemical communicators, much stronger than words or actions, yet much less known. So if I wanted milk when I was one, I was going to get my milk and there was going to be no denying me!

Anyway, for this reason, my parents did not have any more children. I didn't understand at first, but later I came to realize that my parents didn't want to pass their burdens to their children. Why would they want to burden yet another child to the possibility of inhuman abilities when they knew it would most probably happen? So we stayed hidden, and luckily for everyone, my powers went completely unnoticed by anyone when I started attending school and physical training outside of class. Being the cocky b*****d I am, I took full advantage of my stealthy abilities and manipulated everyone around me with ease. Seriously, I had the perfect life! Always had girls who showered me with kisses and baked goodies, managed to not fail my classes by persuading my teachers otherwise, and got to compete regularly in kendo and beat every other guy because, naturally, I'm the best.

So how was I found out? It's actually kinda stupid, really. It was just my luck that I was going through an older woman phase, and this lovely lifeguard-looking lady came into the gym I worked at with luscious hair and long legs and everything to make me weak. I got cocky when flirting with her, trying to make her fall for me with the help of my abilities because she just wouldn't budge, and then something changed. I felt my powers block, and I felt weak in the knees. It turns out that lifeguard-looking lady was actually supernatural-scouting government lady. Just my luck. The government found me, and they placed me into Gakuen Mirai without a second thought as an unsuspecting freshman. I thought I was unlucky, cursed, and stripped of my pride. Ahh, but that only lasted a little while. I might as well make it a challenge to grow stronger than any of these supernaturals, who gave a better fight than humans. I still didn't like it at Mirai because I was brought here against my will, I was seriously hating my life....until I saw the girls at this school.

Never mind, I like it here.

Some say I act a little What can I say? I'm a catch, I'm a card, I'm the guy you're gonna want to meet at this school. I've got killer abs and a heart-melting smile, who wouldn't want to get to know me? Really, though, I'm a pretty laid-back kinda guy who likes to have a good time. While I'm pretty easy-going, I take my challenges very seriously (probably the only thing I take seriously). That's why I strive to be the best guy around, and there's no stopping me when I've set my mind to something. No arrogant alpha is going to tell me otherwise. But besides that, I really don't care. I'm a pretty cocky guy, really, and I always know how to use it. Yeah, you can take that any which way you'd like, ladies. I'm provocative, talkative, and I've got a way with words. So, naturally, I'm confident in everything I do and extremely stubborn. It's especially fun when I engage in playful banter with someone who is equally as stubborn. Like I said, I love a challenge.

As a friend, I've been told I'm the best, but I'm not one to brag. In all honestly, though, once you've won your special place in my big heart, you'll be there forever. I defend my friends with fierce determination, and will be a loyal and compassionate companion. That being said, I'm not aggressive or truly mean if provoked. I'm only a little mean, but that's because I like to tease, neh? No harm in that. I'm only truly aggressive if anyone close to me is threatened, or if I don't like your face. All in all, I'm a fun guy who's guaranteed to be an excellent partner in crime and an even better flirt. Questions? Concerns? No? Good.

So which one of you girls wants to go watch me do some pull ups~?

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my babe magnetism pheromone control.

I do really love hanging out with: all the lovely ladies, especially ...what, just one?

I'm in the West Wing dorm, room number three.

Working out.
                          Being shirtless.
                          Flirting.
                          Ice cream.
                          Long showers.

Oh, keep them away:

x Serious conversations.
                          x Being hungry.
                          x Ugly Unsymmetrical faces.
                          x Foul smells.
                          x Being underestimated.

You might have seen me before, I'm a member of the swim team & basketball team.

Signed yours truly, mayhem lollipop

Fashionable Fatcat

Fashionable Fatcat

User Image

Once upon a time ago, a(n) beta was born.

And their parents named them Kanzaki, Yuri exactly twenty-five years ago.

This lady eventually grew up to be 5'7" tall and 120 lbs.

Things at home, would never be the same: You see, I'm kind of a mutt. My mom was an illegal Russian immigrant and my dad, being the grand sucker for pretty, illiterate ex-prostitutes that he was, fell in love with her after saving her from a bunch of creeps who tried to rape her as soon as she got off the boat. The way they told me that story, it was almost as if my old man was this valiant, courageous knight, saving damsels-in-distress and all that jazz. He didn't need weapons, oh no, because he was telekinetic. Back then, I thought he was magic. Of course, when you have a kid, you don't really tell her that her own mom used to get around. As far as I was concerned, she was a princess and I was borne out of love and...well, you get the point. I had a pretty normal childhood, for the most part. At an early age, I was sort of an art prodigy. By the time I was five, my sketches shamed college art students. I remember my parents being so excited about that little talent of mine; after all, they had a totally normal kid who did normal stuff and lived a normal life! I was extraordinary in the most ordinary way. But all the while, something else was bubbling just underneath the surface. At first, they were just fleeting glances--a brush here or there and I could see that thing or that person's history. They all used to be so blurry, like a bunch of colored dots thrown together in an incoherent picture. Then I turned seven and my powers manifested. My dad called it "peaking." We were all sitting around the table one night, about to have dinner, and I held both my parents' hands so we could say grace. It came too quickly, those blurry pictures becoming ******** clear. That fairy tale about how my parents met was shattered that night. In my mind's eye, I saw my mother, clothes half torn from her body, held down by mean, leering men. Then there was my dad, who killed them all without having to lift so much as a finger. Even at that age, I had yet to develop the skill of lying. I was that incurable truth-teller. And so I told my parents and just like that, our normal lives came to a screeching halt. Next thing I knew, my mother and I were packing, hurriedly and frantically. She told me we were going back to her country to see my grandparents and that Dad was going to follow as soon as he settled some things--it was the first of many lies to ever pass her lips. Three days after that night, we left. I never saw my father again.

I grew up in Russia under the name "Yuri Maklakov." Everything about my life in Japan had to be forgotten--my name, the language, every single piece of it--and to aid this renewal, my mom used to beat me senseless. One slip of a word and she wouldn't speak to me for days. Sometimes, she wouldn't even feed me. I was beginning to understand my power so I would try to touch her to see what was going on in her head. She ended up locking me in a closet. Her name was Irina and with my dad gone, she was my world. I was desperate to be her little girl again so I worked so hard to change. It was a good thing I was such a quick learner. I managed to wipe my slate clean. Like a good daughter, I forgot my Japanese name--it might have been Kaori or Yumiko or something like that. For her, I recreated myself. Soon we started talking again--as much as we could anyway. She went back to her old job and she was busy, night and day. Men came in and out of our house on a daily basis. To earn extra cash, I used to touch their clothes and, if they were totally passed out, their person as well. I found out everything about them--their heart and their past. Blackmail came easy after that. Naturally, Mom and I lived pretty comfortable lives. That's how I became fluent in Russian so quickly, too. I used to run my hands over books, letters and just like that, the strange alphabet would make perfect sense. We operated this way; it was our version of "normal".

Of course, nice things never stay as they are. A Japanese man appeared on our doorstep one day, pretending to be one of my mother's clients. Turns out, he wasn't. It was the first time since we left our old home that I heart her speaking Japanese. I'd completely forgotten it at the time and without anything to hold, auditory information was useless on me. I remember watching this man write her a check. It must have been some huge number since my mother accepted it and the next thing I knew, I was being led away by this man. I was 17 then and awfully tired. I've changed myself for her and she couldn't even try to keep me? I was done. If she wasn't going to fight, then neither was I. At least she had the decency to shed a few tears for me that day. It was the last time I ever saw her. I was brought back to Japan and the whole time, I pieced together the whole situation. As it turns out, they'd been looking for me a long time. Not that it mattered anymore. I went along for the ride and honestly, it wasn't too bad. Back in Russia, kids used to pick on me because of my eyes. Then I came back to Japan and they explained to me how, coupled with my ability, heterochromia wasn't a big deal. What's one more oddity, right? They gave me an education, even nurtured my knack for art. My basic desire to not do much of anything marked me as well-behaved, so I had a bit of freedom, hence the tattoos (I designed them myself). I began to use my dad's last name--Kanzaki--and for sentiment's sake, I kept the Russian name my mother gave me. Despite my ability, they were determined to have be function like a normal citizen so I became an art teacher. It was easy and I actually for paid for it. And I didn't even have to follow in my mom's footsteps. Pretty neat, right?

Some say I act a little too relaxed, lazy and opportunistic. So I like to lounge around...sue me. You think being a teacher is easy? I'd love to see you walk around in my shoes for a day. That being said, it shouldn't be a surprise that I usually act in my own best interest. Unless there's something in it for me, don't expect it to be done, especially not by these hands of mine. Bluntly speaking, I operate based on rewards and I've made it a point to let my employers as well as my students know that this is how I am. No false advertising here, folks. What you see is what you get. Now, don't get me wrong, there will always be that one rare moment when I actually care about someone or something other than myself. And, just to emphasize the extreme rarity of such an occasion, let me provide you with a crystal-clear analogy--it's pretty much like the immaculate conception. Or the parting of the Red Sea. You get the idea, right? It's about as crazy as anything can get.

If you're still reading and, by some divine miracle, you haven't dismissed me as a complete a*****e yet (oh, I am. Totally admit to that), then you're in luck! I have some saving graces too, if I do say so myself. For one, I'm pretty damn good at taking care of people--well, just as long as I don't go too much out of my way. I don't lie either. It's only fair, after all, since I can always tell when people are lying to me. I like to even out the playing field like that. Of course, if there's anything I'd rather not say, silence has always been my best friend. I don't necessarily see omitting details as lying. Fill in those damn holes by yourself. If it didn't come from me, then as far as I'm concerned, I'm absolutely free of all possible blame.

I was thrown into Gakuen Mirai because of my psychometry abilities.

But that was a while ago, because now I'm an Art teacher. I'm also in charge of Second-Year Homeroom. Easiest freakin' gig on the planet.

I do really love hanging out with: everyone! free love, folks, especially those who would bring me food. Any takers?

I'm in the east wing teacher dorm, room number two.

Art and all things related!
                          Anything with cinnamon!
                          Coffee beans!
                          Tattoos!
                          nicotine patches! Because quittin' ain't easy.

Oh, keep them away:

x excessive effort
                          x interrupted...well, anything
                          x liars. Why do you even try?!
                          x sudden, loud noises. What? I'm jumpy!
                          x late homework. Just...don't do it.

You might have seen me before, I'm a member of the basketball team. I became the coach after an unfortunate meeting with the headmaster.

Signed yours truly, that_wayward_child

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces