Robot roll call!

Cambot! 0.029850746268657 3.0% [ 2 ]
Gypsy! 0.25373134328358 25.4% [ 17 ]
Tom Servo! 0.074626865671642 7.5% [ 5 ]
CROOOOW 0.29850746268657 29.9% [ 20 ]
obligatory generic non-MST3K option 0.34328358208955 34.3% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 79 80 81 > >>

table of contents • introduction • guidelines • genres and plots • current roleplays •
i am currently online • offline
this thread is open/acceptingclosed
i am seeking one on onesgroups • guilds
| table of contents || introduction || guidelines || genres and plots || current roleplays |

Hello!
I'm an eighteen year old college student!
And I'm often very busy. :c
but I miss my roleplays!
And I want people to amuse me roleplay with me.
I like interesting people who create interesting and original roleplays.
I like talking, planning, and being friends with other roleplayers!
I'm interested in one on ones right now.

character profiles
samples
| table of contents || introduction || guidelines || genres and plots || current roleplays |

one | I roleplay over email or PM. My email address is , I've never done it before, but I'm willing to try a Google docs roleplay! I use Google Docs to organize just about my entire life.
two | I mirror post and I consider myself literate to advanced literate, but...
three | The frequency of my responses is inversely proportional to how much you're expecting me to write. This is common sense -- it's easy for me to write ~four paragraphs in a single sitting. If you want 12+, it'll take longer.
four | I consider myself reasonably mature and I enjoy roleplays that are similar. We need to communicate about any subject matter that you would find offensive or upsetting.
five | I will roleplay characters of either gender. I very much enjoy playing gay relationships. I do roleplay heterosexual stories but you need to have a really good proposal.
six | None of my roleplays are anime-based. I don't like anime and I don't like a lot of the storytelling methods and stereotypes involved in anime, so I don't really like it influencing my roleplays.
seven | I understand it's awkward to get out of roleplays. PLEASE tell me. I'm working on being a vicious quitter and I'm going to tell you, too.
eight | If you contact me, please have some idea of what you want to do! Even if it's several ideas, it's fine.
nine | The English language is beautiful. Respect it and love it.
ten | I'd really prefer it if you wrote up some kind of character profile for any character you used. This is new, but I find that it can be really helpful all around. I write extensive ones; there's no need to go so in-depth. You can use real pictures or not use pictures at all; your choice.
eleven | I do not roleplay children in any romantic context, period. And by child, I mean younger than sixteen, possibly seventeen given the situation. I was just solicited for this and I'm truly horrified. If you contact me and request anything related to *****, you will be immediately reported.

key ||
italics -- I prefer this role.
bold -- I only want this role.
º -- There is a plot associated with this genre.
§ -- I am currently craving this genre.
Strikeout -- Eh, probably not right now.

original genres ||
abused x rescuer §§§
abused x best friend §§§
alien x human
• superhumans
• superhero x superhero
• superhero x villain
• superhero x neutral superhuman
• superhero x non-superhuman
• villain x non-superhuman
• teacher x student
• student x foreign exchange student
• parent x child's teenage friend
• post-apocalyptic
• homeless person x well-off person
• cop x victim
• "ex-gay" x proud gay
• young parent x college-aged babysitter
• serious, ambitious student x laidback, quirky student
• openly gay x closet case
• superhero x anti-superhero activist
• married man x teenage (16+) neighbor
• pick up artist x the one he finally falls for
• court-ordered anger management support group (patient x patient)
• addiction recovery support group (patient x patient)
cult member x rescuer (I have a cult in mind)
• anti-gay pastor x gay activist
• father figure x mentee
• long-lost best friends
• artist x inspiration

• "slice of life" in general

fandom genres ||

• Phoenix Wright -- Miles x Phoenix, Franziska x Adrian, Miles x von Karma
• Teen Titans -- Jinx x Kid Flash

plots ||

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 is the star student: straight-A, honors student, involved with countless extracurriculars and school government, a successful soccer player. However, she is hiding a dark secret; she has entered in a relationship with an older teammate, CHARACTER2, who has begun cruelly abusing her physically and mentally and sexually assaulting her. To seek help in getting away would essentially be outing herself (something her girlfriend constantly reminds her), so she stays, suffering every day. Her situation only really changes when she meets CHARACTER3, an offbeat girl, the kind who dresses the way most other kids would dare to (often in black, although sometimes other colors), and also an open lesbian. CHARACTER3 is her partner in an advanced english class putting them together to work for forty-five minutes every day. CHARACTER3 is usually the kind to avoid mainstream, clean-cut girls like CHARACTER1 (too 'boring'), but while working on a poetry project, CHARACTER3 becomes drawn into CHARACTER1's poetry, which shows a lot of anger and pain. Taking a closer look for once at her classmate, CHARACTER3 begins to become concerned, especially when she notices occasional bruises. CHARACTER3 begins to actively seek a friendship with CHARACTER, attempting to get closer and to understand the situation. [though written with female pronouns, I am willing to do this plotline with characters of any sex or sexuality.]

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 is a veteran cop in his thirties. When he was new to the force, one of the first calls he responded to was a deeply disturbing domestic violence call. A woman with a history of mental illness shot first her husband, and then herself. It isn't until he and his partner are clearing the scene that they realize the couple's young son witnessed the event before hiding deep in a closet. The boy, CHARACTER2, is emotionally traumatized and attaches to CHARACTER1. Thought CHARACTER1 must bring him to Child Protective Services, he, for a while, visits the child in a group home and brings him gifts and tries to take care of him. His superior at the police force, however, soon puts an end to this for the safety of the child.

Now CHARACTER2 is a grown young man, tall and muscular and very obviously angry at the world, and CHARACTER1 is a bitter and grizzled police officer who's seen more than his share of horrible things. When CHARACTER1 responds to a call, he recognizes the name of the young boy he knew more than a decade ago. CHARACTER1, who feels partially responsible for how CHARACTER2 turned out, begins to reestablish a connection with the young man, however, the ensuing relationship is rocky, tumultuous, and even sexually charged. [mxm only, please. There is both a character profile for CHARACTER2 and pre-written starter that I can use for this, if you like them.]

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 is a young, teenaged metahuman with a tragic past, working as a "sidekick" or "apprentice" to a well-known, famous superhero, CHARACTER2, who took him/her in and trained him/her when s/he was much younger. CHARACTER3 is CHARACTER2's archnemesis, a "villain" by classic considerations, and much-feared by the people in their urban metropolis. When CHARACTER3 takes on an apprentice of his own, a metahuman teenager (CHARACTER4) from a tragic background of his/her own. CHARACTER1 and CHARACTER4, meeting each other when working alongside their respective mentors, strike up a casual romance behind the backs of CHARACTER2 and CHARACTER3. [doubling! Obviously needs more plotting.]

Quote:
CHARACTER1 is an employee in a local coffee shop. He lives with his boyfriend, CHARACTER2, and has for several years since he was disowned by his deeply conservative family. CHARACTER2 comes from a family of power and wealth. When sober, he's a charming, educated young man, if a bit possessive and hard-headed. However, he lives with a serious addiction to multiple substances, and has for a long time abused CHARACTER1. CHARACTER3 is a regular patron of the coffee shop, and his favorite employee and casual coffee shop eye candy is CHARACTER1. CHARACTER3 is the opposite of CHARACTER2: coming from nothing, he built himself up into a successful man and an artist. One day, a confrontation occurs at the shop and it comes to light that CHARACTER2 is at least physically and emotionally abusing CHARACTER1. CHARACTER3 is horrified and begins attempting to intervene, taking CHARACTER1 back to his apartment after the first confrontation and maintaining a close relationship with him afterward. CHARACTER3 soon begins to draw artistic inspiration from CHARACTER1 and asks to use him as a model even with the visible bodily damage from abuse.

[tentatively opening this back up. If you can play a really interesting CHARACTER2, we'll be best friends.] §§§§§

Quote:
CHARACTER1 and CHARACTER2 went to school together and were close friends. CHARACTER1 was openly gay, a little odd, and suffered for it, though s/he learned to fight back. CHARACTER2 was one of his closest friends, though s/he was much more likable, talented, confident and even suave. CHARACTER1 developed a crush on him/her at the age of fifteen, and when s/he confessed to CHARACTER2, the object of his/her affections gently but firmly informed him/her that s/he was entirely heterosexual. A little bit heartbroken, CHARACTER1 remained CHARACTER2's close friend and dated other wo/men.

When they went off to college, they kept up with each other from time to time, but sort of fell out of each other's lives as the years went by. At the start of the roleplay, they haven't communicated in a while. CHARACTER1 is no longer the awkward teenager s/he once was, instead confident and professional. CHARACTER2 also has it all going for him/her: s/he's just relocated to an area near CHARACTER1, s/he has a great job and a loving opposite-sex spouse. There's really just one thing: s/he has a lingering attraction to the same sex that s/he's never acted on.

S/He remembers his/her old friend, who lives not so far away and who so earnestly wanted him/her years ago in high school. So s/he decides to get back in contact, hoping to establish a friends with benefits relationship and keep at an emotional distance. It's harder than s/he thinks.

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 is a young married man, perhaps with a young child or two. He lives a rather mundane life in the suburbs. He works his job and his life isn't bad, but there's something missing from the days when he felt like a unique, independent person. As a young man, he was an odd, artistic kind of guy, interested in a lot of video games, subcultures and out-of-the-box ideas. Nowadays, his interests are hidden away out of the sight of other suburban residents and he knows to act like everyone else.

Then the new neighbors come. A single mother and her seventeen-year-old son, CHARACTER2. CHARACTER2 is everything CHARACTER1 wishes he could still be. Unusual and intriguing, he's a smart kid and openly gay. CHARACTER1 and his wife go over to greet the new neighbors, and CHARACTER1 and CHARACTER2 seem to hit it off.

As time goes on, the two seem to always have reasons to interact. CHARACTER2 gets hired to cut the grass or babysit, or otherwise they run into each other on a walk, or CHARACTER1 has to intervene in one of many altercations between CHARACTER2 and the other students who harass him. CHARACTER2 seems to have a difficult time getting along with other kids, considering how odd he is, and seems to seek out the man across the street for attention.

Quote:
• CHARACTER1 is a shameless partier, used to living large and doing what s/he wants, with some habits of questionable legality. Concerned that s/he is out of control, his/her parents decide to send him/her off to live with his/her grandparents on a farm in the boring Midwest, where there's not a whole lot to do. CHARACTER1, upon arriving, is not only unhappy to be in the middle of nowhere, but also miffed to discover that his/her grandparents have taken on a surrogate grandchild, CHARACTER2. CHARACTER2 is a quiet, serious worker, grateful to have work as a live-in farmhand and CHARACTER1's grandparents, who function as his/her family. CHARACTER2 immediately dislikes CHARACTER1's attitude and lifestyle, and CHARACTER1 dislikes CHARACTER2 for seeming cold and uninteresting. Since they have to live together, at least for the summer, there's friction.

Quote:
• The Lloyd School is a rural boarding school with a secret. The government is aware of superpowered humans and it's afraid. It passed laws to protect the non-metahuman population that created mandatory registration for all superpowered people. Registering is essentially handing over one's rights: the government can take whatever measures it deems necessary to keep a superhuman from hurting anyone else. The Lloyd School houses underground superhuman teenagers who are hiding from the Registry and provides them both a high school education and helps them develop their powers.

CHARACTER1 is the prize student of the Lloyd School. A quiet and serious young man, he has impressive skills both academically and as regards his powers. He is being recognized at an awards ceremony at the school that CHARACTER2 has decided to crash. CHARACTER2 is a laidback student, quirky and prone to mischief that CHARACTER1 wouldn't dream of -- and he's picked up on the fact that this classy recognition event has food.

Then the Registry police break in and chaos breaks out. CHARACTER2 and CHARACTER1 wind up escaping together and have to rely on each other to avoid the Registry and make it back to their school.

Quote:
CHARACTER1 comes from a Gothard/Quiverful cult family (if you don't know what this is, don't worry!) that has always had a few issues. Being one of the older kids, s/he bears a lot of the household responsibility and has grown up very immersed in their religious lifestyle, though s/he has begun to question it a little as of late. S/he is suffering from depression and struggles a great deal of the time. S/he, of course, doesn't voice this feeling to his/her parents, and continues to toe the party line. While doing some kind of chore outside, s/he is one day approached by a young neighbor. CHARACTER2 has always been curious about the strange neighbors, with their many kids and their steadfast unwillingness to associate with the other neighbors. CHARACTER1 is initially standoffish, but when CHARACTER2 persists, s/he is excited to have found a potential friend. The two begin occasionally meeting illicitly, while CHARACTER2, who comes from an offbeat liberal family, grows more and more disturbed at how fundamentalist the neighbors really are. CHARACTER2 decides to liberate CHARACTER1, if it's at all possible.

Quote:
• This would be set in a kind of apocalyptic era. The infrastructure of the country is crashing, the government is corrupt and serving the wealthy, and those on the ground are left to fend for themselves. One of the most hated groups are the metahumans -- people with supernatural abilities who were created in government experiments about a century and a half ago. Because they are people with no culture or history to speak of, metahumans clump together in close-knit, large gang-like groups, each with its own set territory to live in and in which to fend off the non-metas who consider them threats. Each pack of metahumans is spearheaded by a royal family of sorts that guides the metas to procure resources and shelter and generally survive in a broken-down urban environment.

I want to do something with the royalty of this setting. I'm not creative enough to think of something yet. Something with royal families warring. I dunno.

Quote:
• the plot we invent together! hint hint. Even if you give me a little idea of a plot, I can usually make something grow out of it.

miles/tyler/pete • coffee-addicted artist/abused ex-Christian barista/abusive Ivy leaguer • phoenix hiatus
miles/tyler/pete • zombie apocalypse AU • phoenix hiatus
minho/quinn • teacher x student • colette
We have lift-off!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out