Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3

</3 1 100.0% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 52 53 54 > >>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
news, pricing & art :: caveat, process & freebies :: the queue

12 Jan '09: Our second commission is completed.
10 Jan '09: Lucky first completed.
4 Jan '09: Five slots filled, we're closed for this round while I fill orders; sorry folks who missed out.
2 Jan '09: Open!

Warning, this section contains maths (oh gnoes). Remember, your computer has a calculator; I promise I won't tell your maths teach you used it.

To work out the cost of your order, take the base price of what you're after, multiply it by the Colour Cost, then by any number of Feature Costs, then by the number of characters requested:

cost = base price × colour cost × feature cost × characters

Base Prices
» Headshot: 5,000g
» Torso: 10,000g
» Knees: 20,000g
» Full-body: 50,000g

Colour Costs
» Sketch: × 1
» Speed-paint (monochrome): × 1.5
» Speed-paint (colour): × 2.5
» Vector colour: × 5
» Full-colour: × 10

Feature Costs
» Zenntheartof: × 0.5 (torso/full-body only)
» Difficulty tax: × 1.5 (for complex avatars, "action poses", foreshortening, et al.; ask if you're not sure)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A sketch is exactly what it sounds like; me, my pencil and a piece of paper. Fast and no fuss.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A speed-paint is that sketch coloured roughly in Photoshop. These can either be full colour or monochrome. If you request the latter, and you'd like to specify the base colour please do so with your request. Otherwise it's my pick.

I should point out that I really, really really hate doing full-color art, hence the steep price. Full-colour differs from speed-paint by being significantly less "rough", and by having inked/painted outlines instead of a pencil sketch.

Vector images are, in a nutshell, cell-shaded. They're also produced differently than full-colour images (i.e. with filled vector shapes rather than raster-based painting) and usually have a heavier, more simplified style.

Zenntheartof pics are, I guess, a kind of chibi. I especially love this style since it lets me forget about boring things like anatomy and instead get right down to the essence of a character.

Full examples of my work can be found scattered around:

» void-star.net ß - Art
» void-star.net ß - Tag: Art
» archive.void-star.net - Tag: Art
» miz-d @ deviantART

Artists are notoriously finicky about what they will and won't draw, and I'm no exception.

Note also that this is primarily an avatar shop (though if your OC interests me I'll consider it) and I refuse the right to refuse anything I don't want to draw or don't think I'll be able to draw well. No matter how much you bribe me.

If in doubt, ask.

So, you want to request a commission...

1. Check that there are slots open. If the shop is shut, or all slots are full, my bribe price to re-open is 10× the usual cost. Bribing me in this way will also knock you up into the next available slot on any list that's being processed, too, just because I'm greedy like that.

2. Make a post in this thread, listing exactly what you want, of whom and how much it costs. If wish to pay in part or in full with items, let me know that, too.

3. If you're accepted into the queue, I'll send you a PM with your slot number.

4. Wait.

5. When I get to your "turn" I will send you another PM. You have approximately 48 hours to then start a trade containing the cost (gold and items) of the commission. If I don't see this after a two days, you get bumped to the inactive list and the next person on the list gets in.

6. Wait.

7. When all is done, I'll finalise the trade and send you a review sample of the work (note you'll probably get a few of these if the work is large). When all is good and your delicious gold is in my hands, I'll send you the proper, high-res final image.

Easy.

Everyone loves free stuff, right? Here's the deal, for every 250 bump posts in this topic, you get 5,000g store credit. You can cash this in immediately, or save it for future use.

To get your freebies:

1. Number your bump posts; and

2. PM me when you hit 250.

Note that:

a. Store credit is only given out in lots of 250 (250, 500, 750, ..., n); and

b. The store actually has to be open and have slots open in order for you to cash in.

Current Status: CLOSED

1. Istel
2. ha25817
3. Yuki Tatsumaru: current avatar, speed-paint (colour)
4. spunglass: avatar, torso, speed-paint (colour)
5. Yende: avatar, torso, speed-paint (colour), zenntheartof

Wait List...
These people got in before closure, but not fast enough to be in the top five slots. They'll be PM'd if any of the above orders fall through, and will get first shot next round (if they're still interested).

6. Opossumbly
7. Mad-Maddock Hatter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff