Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thank you for reading over this and considering my OC!

A little token of my appreciation~ 1 100.0% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 6 ]

Lovey-girly's Fangirl

Invisible Seeker

38,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Heya. n.n My name is Flare; I'm desperately craving some art of my TWD OC (yes, I am aware I'm trash but I try to be as kind and generous as possible for whatever it's worth emotion_awesome heart ) and will pay handsomely to get my greedy little paws on some pretties. That's where you come in, lovely reader~

Thank you in advance for reading over this; I know it's a lot and I tried to keep it to the details that I felt mattered the most, the information that would give you the best idea of the character herself and not just her physical attributes. I hope you will like Garland and want to draw her. It would mean the world to me to get art done of her and because of that I not only want to make sure you enjoy the process as well as possible but that you get paid accordingly for your time. Your time/attention/energy/focus means a lot to me since Garland is beyond special to me and I want you to be happy in return for pouring so much of those things into something I will treasure forever.

I pay in:

~ Wishlist items

~ Whatever is currently in the Gaia Cash shops (Cloud 9/Rococo/La Victoire/Mecha Neko)

~ RLC when I have it

~ GG/P

~ GCash Giftcards when/as they're available (same deal as above with the BF sale items- I will buy whatever amount as/when needed)

~ Any mixture of the above that you're cool with. Seriously. My goal is for you to be as happy as possible working with me since this means so much to me. heart

I do tip. I appreciate any and all effort put into anything made for me. I'm pretty stoked to see Garland brought to life in a way I never could so I will try my best to make sure you feel pretty stoked to be getting what you're getting in return.

I will let you know for sure one way or the other if I'm interested. My time is precious and valuable so I won't screw around with yours, either. And on that note...

I like WIPs but only because I want you to feel comfortable with whatever you're drawing along the way. I'm not picky about the time you get done in because I understand how life is and that it happens despite our best intentions. I'll give it two months from our last contact- be it email or on here- before I assume we're done; if I don't hear anything by then I'll consider you as having moved on. No hard feelings, I know how s**t life gets in the way of our best intentions. If at anytime in the future things change for you and you can continue on just let me know and I'll happily restart your trade! I try as hard as I can to be accommodating because I know that's just how it be sometimes.

If you have any other questions PLEASE feel free to ask here or PM me! heart

Last but not least: Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, anything you make for me will be loved and appreciated. I can not get enough art and I love seeing someone else bring to life with images what I can only give life to with words. It is more then a picture to me. This character means a lot to me and I would LOVE to have some new kickass art to commemorate her with. heart

I present you Garland Addilyn Thrace, born on October 31 via C-section with her male twin; that makes them Scorpios. Heaven ********' help us.

Physical basics: Check out my avatar for the physical basics. There's a few tweaks I'd like to make but this is the closest I can get with the items currently available.

Long copper-colored hair (more orangey/pumpkin than red; there IS a difference- think new penny) past her shoulder blades that she doesn't keep in any particular way- depends on her mood/what she's doing but is normally just down. Silver wire rim glasses; blue green central heterochromia; kinda like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blue on the outside, melts into green.

Her body shape is clearly female, mostly legs. I'd say athletic but that's not right since she wasn't muscular, just toned; she did a lot of yoga and cardio because anxiety and s**t like kickboxing and self-defense classes for work. Her legs are probably her best feature just because she used to run all the ******** time even before everything went to s**t and now running is pretty much mandatory.

That's a major detail about this character- she's a runner, in more ways than one.

Her skin tone is pale since she's redheaded; not like Powder or anything but naturally pale and yes- in case you're wondering summer is hell on her because she keeps a sunburn. One of the many uses of the hoodie she almost constantly has with her is to keep from getting skin cancer. She has the lightest smattering of freckles that really pop during the summer because of the sunburn. Also: is known to blush like hell sometimes. Particularly when mad or something really pleases her. And not just a little blush- the more pissed she gets the redder those ears get, and this woman has a ******** temper.

Way to live up to the stereotype, Thrace.

Garland Thrace stands at a whooping five foot five. Boots help. But don't worry, what she lacks in size she makes up for in stubbornness. And cursing. This lady has a
mouth.

Preferred weapons basics: Garland has (and is hellaciously attached to/will become violent if anyone messes with) twin blades she keeps strapped to her hips like guns. The closest I've ever been able to find would be two of these:

Black with black handle, small and lightweight. Good grip.

She keeps other smaller blades tucked into each boot because s**t happens. I know I said this already but she is hella protective of her twin blades. Gabe gave them to her because she despises guns (I mean. ********. Despises. Guns. Will not touch one, will not carry one, H A T E S them and will have nothing to do with one willingly.) and he wanted to make sure she had some kind of weapon on her. In case it's not obvious Garland's world revolves around Gabe. Because Gabe. 

Pretty much 98% of her behavior boils down to Because Gabe. xD

Her main weapons are strapped to her hips with a simplified version of this:

Instead of the 'bags/pockets' on the sides it's just the sheaths for the blades. There's only the one buckle up front; the legs are attached by crisscrossing ties. The entire get-up definitely has seen better days because she made it herself but it's held up so far and when she can she repairs it. Speaking of what she wears...

Clothing basics: Remember: Tom. Boy. Keeps it simple (and not just because it's the end of the world and with zombies one has bigger things to worry about than if ones pants make their a** look fat)- doesn't really give a ******** what she's wearing as long as it covers the s**t that needs to be covered. She's utilitarian before all else; in a lot of ways her basic personality has helped her along with matters at the end of the world.

She wears simple boots, a banged up version of these:

Usually in jeans of some sort. Just your average normal jeans. Not her preferred type of pants (Garland loves loves loves loves pockets, because she's as pragmatic as she is obstinate) but during colder months she knows jeans are better. They have for SURE seen better days, but they've hung in there with her and she's got a soft spot for loyalty. Is usually sporting a plain t-shirt under her hoodie, sometimes something massively ******** stupid and random that doesn't seem to completely fit with her outward persona (remember: warped sense of humor underneath all that emotional flatness) but if questioned will just remark that's what she happened to scavenge and no one's the wiser.

First chance she can get her greedy paws on new stuff she burns the old stuff, just to try to get rid of whatever memories are tied to the offending fabric.

The one thing she never relinquishes no matter how battered, torn, ripped, dirty or disgusting it gets is a plain black hoodie she keeps on her all the time. It's clearly too big for her. Depending on what point of the story we're on she's already patched it/stitched it up/sewed it what might seem like a thousand times.

You guessed who used to own it: Gabriel.

Personality basics: Introverted bookworm; would rather be invisible. Doesn't do the people thing very well despite understanding, empathizing and being able to deeply connect with others (might be why she's more repulsed by people than drawn to them). Would rather keep her distance and be an observer. Can turn on the charm when needed but would prefer to not have to.

Tomboy, almost to a degree that suggests she's not comfortable with her own sexuality. Is highly intelligent and gifted in reading people, to the point where dealing with others is more uncomfortable than easy, fun or natural. When upset she becomes robotic; one of her tells is constantly rubbing at her left shoulder when disturbed, bothered, nervous, any 'big' negative emotion. This woman does not know how to relax and left to her own devices will be off on her own reading. The one and only person who can make her laugh, smile, 'be human' and calm down is her twin. There's a marked change to her around Gabe; there's a hint of not just the person she could be when she's around her twin but the person she could have been- he's the one and only person she truly and completely trusts, no questions asked. Full stop. Period.

She never smiles until he's the topic and then it's as if her love for him is
so strong it has to come out somehow. So. She smiles. He's so bright and wonderful that his light shines even through her.

Cusses like a God. Damn. ********. Whoring. Sailor. Seriously. I think Garland could make Satan blush. She uses F-bombs as commas. Doesn't even think twice about what she's saying or how much of it she's said- it's not her goddamn problem if someone else is a ******** p***y about shitty language. Might be a way to disarm people- on the surface she doesn't look like someone who could curse Lucifer blue; probably is more of a defense mechanism than she'd like to admit.

Speaking of, this is not a woman who deals well with vulnerability. Doesn't like to admit she has needs or wants or feels or emotes or any of those things. And don't even get me started on weaknesses; that's not to say she's not aware of her own failings- for which there are many and of all particular flavors- but it's a completely different thing entirely when someone else thinks they have the upper hand with her. She simply. Can't. Tolerate. It. She's prideful, putting it lightly, and would probably starve to death before admitting she's hungry.

Tends to be a touch too serious. Is quiet until she's pissed or bothered by something. Likes people to underestimate her so she goes out of her way to give others every possible chance to do so. Despite all her issues this is a person who can be quite loving and loyal when given the chance; it takes a lot to get her to drop her guard but once she does there's fewer who will make better allies. In the right environment she'd make a great leader; it's just too bad for others Garland has no interest in shouldering that burden ever again.

Has a pretty warped sense of humor underneath the Doom And Gloom (TM)
exterior. Not easily offended, more likely to do the offending. She's not big on winning people over so she's not worried about a filter. Painfully blunt, almost to the point of awkwardness. Tends to overthink and ruminate just for funsies. It's not like she's got anything better to do with her spare time now, right?

Did I mention she's obsessed with mysteries of all kinds?

And oh, yeah. Has a major brain-boner for The Wizard of Oz. Like...it's a big BIG B. I. G. deal with her. (GET IT?! HER NAME?! emotion_awesome Her mother !REALLY!
loved Judy Garland and all things Oz so the story was a BFD for teeny Garland and Gabe.)

Putting it lightly four-eyes has a serious Wizard of Oz obsession going on. The story was really big for the twins growing up because their mother was a ballerina and their father fell in love with her when he watched her dance to a ballet based on the story; they had the book read to them over and over and then only watched the movie a million times (yes, their mother even named Garland what she did on purpose) so Oz is tangled in her mind with a lot of other things. The theme is integral to the character all the way- she's lost in a world she doesn't/can't fully trust just trying to find her way home. Spoiler alert: It's not Dorothy she thinks of as her character.

Despite trying hard to be rational/logical/a strong critical thinker is absolutely convinced mushrooms are good luck. No idea why- just something that came to her when they were kids and she never quite shook. Gabe thought this was hilarious. If anyone knows this about Garland it's only because Gabe let it be known. Cause the chatterbox doth chatterboxed. xD

Doesn't drink all that much but when she can get her hands on some vodka that vodka will not go to waste. Despite that she doesn't go out of her way looking for booze; in fact, she's only gotten well and truly faced twice in her life: once on the night of her and Gabe's college graduation and the other the night she got accepted into the Academy. Fittingly enough both times it was with her twin there; that probably helped her to relax enough to actually drink. Garland prefers to be stone-cold sober.

It's almost like she's a sucker for pain.

Likes thumb rings despite being a tomboy. Always loses the goddamn things. The longest she's had one was four months and three days and Gabe is an angel for never calling her out on making fun of him for losing his bags all over the place. Because he constantly loses his s**t only all the time. Whaps.

Garland likes playgrounds at night. Not to be creepy but because she finds them peaceful for whatever ******** reason. Really ******** loves swings. Doesn't matter if she's a grown a** adult. Swings are ******** FUN.

Has left notes all over the place since s**t started to go down. Used to have a small notebook she carried around just so whenever the urge hit her she would write something, fold it up and hide it somewhere before they moved on. Gabe never read them because he felt if she wanted him to read them she would have said something but at his last count Garland had stashed away 124 notes. Those are the ones he knows of.

Is gleefully awkward when it comes to babies/young kids. Like...'which end do you put the diaper on' kind of floundering. Has no idea what to do with them and kinda goes into panic mode when around them because she is afraid she will do something wrong. Is absolutely positively convinced any baby put into her arms will explode on contact and that's exactly how she holds little ones. Any kid leaves her feeling all kinds of ******** up. She kinda sorta feels like she's bad luck to anything that life itself hasn't already tainted. DOES IT SHOW THIS WOMAN THINKS SHE'S NOTHING BUT A WALKING CURSE TO ANYTHING NICE OR GOOD OR INNOCENT?

Loves animals; is far more comfortable around animals than humans. Has never ridden a horse but wants to; is terrified she'll fall off because when they were little their parents took them to ride and yep. You guessed it. She fell off. Wasn't hurt because their father managed to catch her but it stuck with her all these years so she never tried again. Another theme with this character: cautious as hell once she senses a pattern, even if there's no real logic behind the idea. This is probably just due to how her brain naturally works: everything is a puzzle, a mystery, something to solve or work at until she can make sense of it, so her pattern-recognition game is gonzo effective.

Garland's favorite color is emerald. Because it's soothing. And it reminds her of Gabe.

Though she doesn't buy into astrology it's always amused her that Scorpios are known for their tempers and ability to nurse a grudge. Y'know. Since she holds a grudge like a mofo. This is not a person you want on your bad side. Has a working shitlist in her mind; forgets easier than she forgives and has a pretty damn good memory. Cause #********, yeah?

Was gonna grow up to be a pirate. Gabe would be her number one.

Graduated with honors from the F.B.I. Academy. Consistently high grades. Was a natural pick for the behavioral arm of the Bureau. Her career as an F.B.I. agent was super duper uber importanto to Garland; she worked hard to graduate top of her class, determined to do as much good in the world as possible.

But that was before the apocalypse so all that no longer matters.

Posing: I have a Bucket full of poses so feel free to ask for a list. Artistic freedom is LOVED. Think you know the perfect way to pose her? Go for it. I love when artists suggest things to me because you know better then me what will look good. I want you to have fun with the picture, to enjoy it. I know I will treasure it forever so it makes me happy to think the shot was fun for you to do.

I want something dark, dynamic; the more detailed the art, the better- in other words, do not think that just because this thread is so humble I will not be willing to pay well, because I love this character and I want you to feel well compensated for any effort you put into any work you do for me. I haven't had a lot of chances before now to commission someone to draw Garland and it's always a big deal to me when I have the first image of one of my OCs made. heart

If you read all this and get an idea of your own of what pose would work best for her GO WITH IT; as I said, I have tons of sample poses I can show but if you'd rather do whatever you think fits the character I'm all for that. Maybe have a little blood splatter somewhere; if she's in the rain than all the better. The character comes from a world not unlike The Walking Dead (or when I'm RPing IN TWD because I'm THAT piece of garbo, please forgive me because we all have our weaknesses), if that gives you any idea what I'm going for.

If you want more details about her personality/story then please ask me anything you want. It will not hurt my feelings to talk to you about her/her story. Any questions asked makes me happy, so if you want to know more please know you are more then welcome to PM me or post here.

Anything else: This is the closest thing IRL to my currently favorite thought-baby, the faceclaim I use when RPing her:

MINUS THE DAMN MAKEUP/JEWELRY AND PLUS GLASSES. Clearly not as clean/healthy/put together, either, but I can't find anything of this actress in anything that 'looks' close enough other than this shoot; if she's ever in anything even remotely close to post-apocalyptic I will probably lose what's left of my crazy ******** mind. Garland doesn't do jewelry beyond the most basic items; her ears are pierced but that's literally the only jewelry she wears minus the occasional thumb ring she doesn't lose. Her earrings are simple silver rings, nothing fancy. She was a self-confessed lazy tomboy even BEFORE the end of the world- her idea of makeup was cherry Chapstick and maybe some eye-makeup for Really Important s**t. No dresses, no heels; nothing fussy. She's always been more concerned with comfort and usability over looking a certain way. But this actress has the paleness and the...I don't wanta say 'sweetness' to her facial features because Garland doesn't have a baby or moon face but even though they aren't in the healthiest times her cheeks haven't completely hollowed out and when she smiles she almooooost has a hint of dimples. I can see it so damn clearly in my head but it's hard to explain because I don't wanta make it sound like she has a pumpkin head. xD She is in her mid-thirties so she's not a young 'un but you can't see her skull. Yet.

...Jesus, wait. That sounds REALLY morbid. And now I've upset myself. D:

IT'S LIKE I'M THE VERY CHILD I CAN'T TRUST MYSELF TO TAKE CARE OF WHILE I'M GONE.

********, she's like her equipment- she's seen better days, there was a time when she was all shiny and new but that time was a damned long time ago and now she's got some chips, scrapes, cracks and scratches but you know what? She still gets the goddamn job done. >:[

No tats but a handful of scars; prefers lots and lots and lots of layers whenever possible because one, she ******** hates the cold but two, she has some issues (LE GASP) and keeping covered helps. She's not a pilgrim and isn't afraid to show some ankle...but yeah, if she could just walk around invisible that'd be greaaaaaaaaaat.

The hoodie, her blades, glasses and one other object I won't bore you with (unless you specifically ask to try to work it into the shot) are her 'signature items'; she has some serious emotional connections to a couple of those items and as a general rule of thumb if they're not on her for any other reason than she willingly left them off there's a problem. Mas images/gifs that are as close to Garland as I can currently find, will hopefully give you an idea of a 'feel' of the character, maybe help you see her better:

User Image

Okay- WE'RE ALMOST ******** DONE, I PROMISE- two more things to help give you an idea of what this character is like.

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF I I only could pick three songs for Garland's themes they would be these (they sum her up better than I ever could, I feel, and added bonuses for major ******** spoilers for certain things that happen on down the line):

Oh, and just because if you've held out this long and still reading...

The famous Gabriel Thrace, AKA the reason the sun bothers to come up in the morning.

Because you can't know one without knowing the other and Gabe's most defining feature is a smile that just never quits. Gabe is everything Garland will never be: hopeful, optimistic, strong enough to show his emotions to the world, good.

He's the axis her world revolves around; losing him sends her down a spiral she never recovers from. Gabriel Thrace is kind, gentle, forgiving, has neverending patience with people and a well of hope for mankind that simply never runs dry. They are, putting it simply, the opposites to one another; he is the artist, she is the rationalist, he is the extrovert, she is the introvert, he is forgiveness, she is judgment. Losing Gabe irrevocably changes Garland; when the world cruelly extinguishes this brilliant source of goodness and warmth Garland just can't forgive it. The door on her world closes once she closes her eyes for the last time and I have my fingers crossed that the last thing she sees as she's slipping off for her last deep sleep is that sunshiny smile, cause goodness knows this is a person who could do with a little lightening up. I want the two to be
reunited at the end because it's only fitting; it's a loop, you see, and without one you simply can't have the other.

I leave you with Gabe and that last final bit about Garland's story because it's crucial to know and understand HIM to know and understand HER and because any way you can work a hint of Gabe into the scene would be awesome, though not required. I'M NOT OPPOSED TO HAVING/PAYING FOR A COUPLE SHOT OF THE TWO, FOR THE RECORD, SO IF YOU WANT TO DRAW THE TWINS I'D FOREVER LOVE YOU THREE THOUSAND. Again, not required but you'd make a silly b***h cry like a mofo, so yay? xD heart

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO MY TED TALK~ heart

Lovey-girly's Fangirl

Invisible Seeker

38,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
emotion_zombie

Kindred of Hearts

33,700 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
Hello! I am open for RLC, see here for samples and prices!

Send me a PM if you're interested! Thanks!

Lovey-girly's Fangirl

Invisible Seeker

38,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Living Pixels
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Samples: DA Art
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prices: Prices

*DIES*

BEAUTIFUL. The detail and coloring of your work is LOVELY. I really dig it- are you doing RLC only at the moment?

Thank you so much for reading over all that and considering my crazy cupcake, it really means a lot to me. I hope we can work something out, your work is stunning! @.@ heart

Zackxiel's Bae

12,400 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Battery 500
Can you consider me for RLC?

Examples and prices here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash