Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seeker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Will Write You A Story
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends, welcome to IWWYAS, the brain-fart of a very bored individual who may have been a writer in a past life, twice removed.

With my newfound free time, I found myself itching to return to my past self's noble profession. Yet I find I have no inspiration, no motivation, no muse to aid my creation.

And so I turn to you, humble Gaian. Perhaps you have a character in need of a plot? A plot in need of a character? A story in need of a chapter? A chapter in need of the next chapter?

My skills have grown rusty from disuse, but I am willing to give it a try.

Stories/worlds that I enjoy:
Avatar: The Last Airbender, Avatar: Legend of Korra, The Dragon Prince, Jane and the Dragon

Stories/worlds that I am familiar with, but need time to review
Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, the Temeraire series, Diana Wynne Jones books, Ghibli movies, Little Witch Academia

Seeker

What I will need

Give me at least 2 of the following 3:
1. character description (1-2 characters)
Quote:
Name: (optional)
Age or age range:
Physical appearance: (as vague or as detailed as you want. Anything not specified, I will conjure out of my own imagination)
<i>The following questions are for characterization</i>
How does your character plan for their birthday?:
Your character accidentally bumps into a policeman on the street. What do they do next?:
What kind of pet is their favorite and why?: (only 1 please)
They are walking home when they find their house is on fire. What do they do next?:

2. setting (real, an existing fictional world from a story, or your own fictional world)
Quote:
Where does the story take place: (home, school, tavern, meadow, the void, etc.)
Country/kingdom: (optional)
City/town: (optional)
Other living creatures: (what things lurk about in this setting; teachers, dragons, monsters, spies, assassins, vampires)
Non-living elements: (a mountain, trees, a fireplace, a Christmas present)
World systems: (elemental magic like Avatar, humans have wings, mutants exist, etc.)

3. event (what happens)
Plot-based
Quote:
Rising action: MC approaches the roller coaster
Conflict: Indecisive on whether she will ride. Decides to do so.
Falling action: Gets in line for roller coaster and has the time of her life.

Gist
Quote:
MC sneaks out of her house to ride the roller coaster at the fair, after her mother had forbidden her.

Seeker

What you will get

Within 2 weeks, I will give you a 300-word story based on what you've given me.

I will send it to you via PM. You may tell me your comments, and if there is anything you want changed. Only one revision will be accommodated.

I may use part or all of your story as a sample in my thread.

Samples

Quote:
The screen blipped to life and a robotic voice spoke. "Voice recognized. Unit activated. Update complete."

"Huh? This is odd. Is it part of the new game?"

"New game selected. Preparing," the machine said ominously, as it rumbled.

"Excuse me?" Michele said, worried as the rumbling grew louder.

"Preparations complete. Welcome to your new game."

The blank white screen grew brighter, blinding Michele. It also seemed to be getting wider and wider, swallowing him in.

"Hey, what's happening? I didn't--," he said, squinting against the light coming from the console in his hands, until--

The console fell to the floor. Michele was no longer in the room. All that was left was the flickering screen on the floor, saying "New game, new game."

Quote:
Rairles found himself in a forest. A pale full moon shone overhead through the twisted branches, casting the trees in an eerie light. Immediately he felt discomfited; in the wrong place. This place was forbidden, and he felt it to his core. He recognized none of the fauna. They looked and felt foreign. Not just foreign, he corrected himself -- more like, alien, from another world. He shook off his discomfort as best he could, but he could ignore it no better than the branches that seemed to reach out and catch at his outer garments, and the roots that tripped him at every step. He pushed forward where the trees were thinnest.

Seeker

Request List

1. supermichele - sent via PM

2. lilalianna - sent via PM

3. clementine soda - Due June 15

Seeker

Skilled Combatant

400 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
This is enticing. I suppose I can put in the sheet if it's acceptable.

1. Name: Michele
Age; preferably 11 or 12
Physical appearance: About the same as the avatar on this forum. Besides, it IS almost going to be summer so well...
How does your character plan for their birthday?: A birthday by himself, parents and maybe some of his relatives, something a bit romance-themed...
Your character accidentally bumps into a policeman on the street. What do they do next?: Apologize profusedly; a kind personality, even though can be nervous sometimes.
What kind of pet is their favorite and why?: Cats, they're a bit quieter than dogs yet so lovable... cute!
They are walking home when they find their house is on fire. What do they do next?: Scream, and attempt to call for help while trying to put the fire away himself.

2. setting
Beginning: Home, in the real world
I don't know what else to add, since it is up to you for the plot.

3. event, plot based:
Rising action; MC attempts to play a game. (It could be Avatar-based, or anything else like a Nintendo game)
Conflict: The videogame console seems to start electrocuting and malfunctioning...
Falling action: MC is sucked into the game and nobody finds him....

Sweetest Bunny

11,700 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doting Romantic 100
Quote (his usual, nonchalant behaviors): "A small, sleek butterfly knife easily flipped unsheathed in Rairles’ hand, slowly tilting into a casual pinwheel around his fingers. With a flick of his wrist, a snap and a click, the blade danced around back into the grooves of the handles before being absentmindedly coiled open again. Dripping rays of sunlight glinted off the polished steel, reflecting a kaleidoscope of soft sheens where it could reach. A fine toy to keep his mind busy, as he leaned against the swirling, arched leaves of an open doorway, waiting at one of many shelters within the outskirts of the Grove."

Name: Rairles

Age or age range: 20-21

Physical appearance: Rairles is a sylvari from the game world Guild Wars 2. You can read about them here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sylvari
He is from the "young, inquisitive race of the botanical humanoids." Brown leaves as hair, black bark around his face and body. He often wears a short, hooded cape and black pants that stick to his legs, carrying a tough wooden pole on his back as his weapon.

A little bit about his personality: Although most sylvari are described as dreamy and innocuous, Rairles rejects this predisposition. As a laid-back, caustic soul, he lives very reclusively as a mercenary in a guild, hanging out occasionally with the people me met there.

He doesn't like people making a big deal out of his birthday, and doesn't exactly plan a big party - but he will treat himself to some luxury that day if he desires. However, if somehow one of his friends remember his birthday, he will appreciate it and gladly spend it with them.

Your character accidentally bumps into a policeman on the street. What do they do next?:
He gives his best well-mannered smile, which always seems to carry a very faint, disingenuous air around it whether he wants it or not. He'll give a short, terse greeting to the officer, with the officer responding with a raised brow, slowly becoming wary of the man who dresses like a thief. Even so, Rairles would be able to pass with just that exchange, the policeman left with only a vague suspicion.

What kind of pet is their favorite and why?: He'd like loyal, friendly dogs. His life is full of cutthroat situations already, he would want something kind and innocent for once. He'd never admit to wanting such a thing.

They are walking home when they find their house is on fire. What do they do next?:
He'd be absolutely shocked - though with the things he had seen during his mercenary job, it's not a complete surprise. As soon as he sees the crackling of the flames he would run towards his house, and then when he arrives, he would stare at the flames for a quick moment to process what was happening. Then he'd jump into whatever opening he could find through the fire, if he can, to try and salvage his most important things. Even if he knew that being made of wood didn't make the situation any easier.

2. setting
Quote: "Guild Wars 2 takes place in the high fantasy world of Tyria. Five so-called Elder Dragons sleeping beneath the continent have awoken in the time since Guild Wars, causing widespread destruction to Tyria and corrupting its inhabitants."

Where does the story take place: In the guild wars 2 universe

Country/kingdom: any

City/town: any

Other living creatures: depends on the kingdom. tell me which country/city you'd want to write about and I will give u more detail

Non-living elements: also depends on above

World systems: Everything is in a guild wars 2 game world system. There are 9 main professions: guardian, revenant, warrior, engineer, ranger, thief, elementalist, mesmer, necromancer.
There are also 5 main races of Tyria: Asura, Charr, Human, Norn, and Sylvari. You can read more about them here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Playable_races
Rairles is a thief, which you can read about in detail what they do here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thief
He can teleport with shadow magic, but is mostly a melee-non magic user in combat. Although the combination of his melee strength and shadow magic can definitely rival full-on mages like elementalists/mesmers/necromancers.

Additional detail:
For the plot of whatever story you want to write, I give you freedom! There's really nothing I wouldn't like to see: romance, character development, trauma, a new human friend or other race, etc!

Seeker

supermichele

Age; preferably 11 or 12
Physical appearance: About the same as the avatar on this forum. Besides, it IS almost going to be summer so well...
How does your character plan for their birthday?: A birthday by himself, parents and maybe some of his relatives, something a bit romance-themed...
Your character accidentally bumps into a policeman on the street. What do they do next?: Apologize profusedly; a kind personality, even though can be nervous sometimes.
What kind of pet is their favorite and why?: Cats, they're a bit quieter than dogs yet so lovable... cute!
They are walking home when they find their house is on fire. What do they do next?: Scream, and attempt to call for help while trying to put the fire away himself.

2. setting

3. event, plot based:
Rising action; MC attempts to play a game. (It could be Avatar-based, or anything else like a Nintendo game)
Conflict: The videogame console seems to start electrocuting and malfunctioning...

Thanks supermichele, this sounds like an interesting start to a story! I hope you don't mind if I use Nintendo Switch as the console, and Nino kuni as the game? (Those are what I'm most familiar with right now)

Seeker

lilalianna
Quote (his usual, nonchalant behaviors): "A small, sleek butterfly knife easily flipped unsheathed in Rairles’ hand, slowly tilting into a casual pinwheel around his fingers. With a flick of his wrist, a snap and a click, the blade danced around back into the grooves of the handles before being absentmindedly coiled open again. Dripping rays of sunlight glinted off the polished steel, reflecting a kaleidoscope of soft sheens where it could reach. A fine toy to keep his mind busy, as he leaned against the swirling, arched leaves of an open doorway, waiting at one of many shelters within the outskirts of the Grove."

Name: Rairles

Age or age range: 20-21

Physical appearance: Rairles is a sylvari from the game world Guild Wars 2. You can read about them here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sylvari
He is from the "young, inquisitive race of the botanical humanoids." Brown leaves as hair, black bark around his face and body. He often wears a short, hooded cape and black pants that stick to his legs, carrying a tough wooden pole on his back as his weapon.

A little bit about his personality: Although most sylvari are described as dreamy and innocuous, Rairles rejects this predisposition. As a laid-back, caustic soul, he lives very reclusively as a mercenary in a guild, hanging out occasionally with the people me met there.

He doesn't like people making a big deal out of his birthday, and doesn't exactly plan a big party - but he will treat himself to some luxury that day if he desires. However, if somehow one of his friends remember his birthday, he will appreciate it and gladly spend it with them.

He gives his best well-mannered smile, which always seems to carry a very faint, disingenuous air around it whether he wants it or not. He'll give a short, terse greeting to the officer, with the officer responding with a raised brow, slowly becoming wary of the man who dresses like a thief. Even so, Rairles would be able to pass with just that exchange, the policeman left with only a vague suspicion.

What kind of pet is their favorite and why?: He'd like loyal, friendly dogs. His life is full of cutthroat situations already, he would want something kind and innocent for once. He'd never admit to wanting such a thing.

He'd be absolutely shocked - though with the things he had seen during his mercenary job, it's not a complete surprise. As soon as he sees the crackling of the flames he would run towards his house, and then when he arrives, he would stare at the flames for a quick moment to process what was happening. Then he'd jump into whatever opening he could find through the fire, if he can, to try and salvage his most important things. Even if he knew that being made of wood didn't make the situation any easier.

2. setting
Quote: "Guild Wars 2 takes place in the high fantasy world of Tyria. Five so-called Elder Dragons sleeping beneath the continent have awoken in the time since Guild Wars, causing widespread destruction to Tyria and corrupting its inhabitants."

Where does the story take place: In the guild wars 2 universe

Country/kingdom: any

City/town: any

Other living creatures: depends on the kingdom. tell me which country/city you'd want to write about and I will give u more detail

Non-living elements: also depends on above

World systems: Everything is in a guild wars 2 game world system. There are 9 main professions: guardian, revenant, warrior, engineer, ranger, thief, elementalist, mesmer, necromancer.
There are also 5 main races of Tyria: Asura, Charr, Human, Norn, and Sylvari. You can read more about them here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Playable_races
Rairles is a thief, which you can read about in detail what they do here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thief
He can teleport with shadow magic, but is mostly a melee-non magic user in combat. Although the combination of his melee strength and shadow magic can definitely rival full-on mages like elementalists/mesmers/necromancers.

Additional detail:
For the plot of whatever story you want to write, I give you freedom! There's really nothing I wouldn't like to see: romance, character development, trauma, a new human friend or other race, etc!

Wow, this sounds really interesting. Thanks for introducing me to the world of Guild Wars 2! I will have to do a bit of research on this, I hope you won't mind if I happen to PM you a few questions over the next week?

Sweetest Bunny

11,700 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doting Romantic 100
haelwyn

Yes!! Take all the time you need this game has huuuge af lore, hopefully you won’t be getting bored with it soon

Skilled Combatant

400 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
haelwyn
supermichele

Age; preferably 11 or 12

2. setting

3. event, plot based:

Thanks supermichele, this sounds like an interesting start to a story! I hope you don't mind if I use Nintendo Switch as the console, and Nino kuni as the game? (Those are what I'm most familiar with right now)

I don't mind at all, I'm actually a really huge fan of Switch!

Anxious Fatcat

8,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I really love what you're doing and can't help but to be enthusiastic about it. Thank you for this!

1. Character description
Name: Astrid
Age or age range: 18-20
Physical appearance: Straight, shoulder-length, dark brown hair with light brown complexion, average looks. Wears glasses and prefers to wear jean jumper shorts.

How does your character plan for their birthday?
-They don't actually look forward to their birthday and hope somebody else would plan a surprise one to feel special.
Your character accidentally bumps into a policeman on the street. What do they do next?
-Offer a sheepish smile and apologize repeatedly.
What kind of pet is their favorite and why?
-Puppies. Really cute and make the world a better place.
They are walking home when they find their house is on fire. What do they do next?
-Scream for help and attempt to save valuables from inside the house or die trying.

2. Setting
Where does the story take place: From the real world warped into anywhere in the Earth Kingdom, taking place after the events of Sozin's Comet.
World systems: All feats from ATLA.

3. Event
Astrid wakes up to find herself in the Avatar world. This was something she dreamed of as a child, as she watched the show religiously but later paid no mind to as she grew up. I give you complete liberty to decide her story from here c:

Seeker

clementine soda
I really love what you're doing and can't help but to be enthusiastic about it. Thank you for this!

1. Character description
Name: Astrid
Age or age range: 18-20
Physical appearance: Straight, shoulder-length, dark brown hair with light brown complexion, average looks. Wears glasses and prefers to wear jean jumper shorts.

How does your character plan for their birthday?
-They don't actually look forward to their birthday and hope somebody else would plan a surprise one to feel special.
Your character accidentally bumps into a policeman on the street. What do they do next?
-Offer a sheepish smile and apologize repeatedly.
What kind of pet is their favorite and why?
-Puppies. Really cute and make the world a better place.
They are walking home when they find their house is on fire. What do they do next?
-Scream for help and attempt to save valuables from inside the house or die trying.

2. Setting
Where does the story take place: From the real world warped into anywhere in the Earth Kingdom, taking place after the events of Sozin's Comet.
World systems: All feats from ATLA.

3. Event
Astrid wakes up to find herself in the Avatar world. This was something she dreamed of as a child, as she watched the show religiously but later paid no mind to as she grew up. I give you complete liberty to decide her story from here c:

Thank you for this, I've always had an interest in ATLA stories smile . Let me work on this and get back to you within the week.

Anxious Fatcat

8,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
haelwyn
Thank you for this, I've always had an interest in ATLA stories smile . Let me work on this and get back to you within the week.

Very awesome. Thank you!

Seeker

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas