Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dainty Dreamer

18,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
CALLING THE POKEMON FANS/ARTISTS!

Pokemon has been a joy for years to many young and old, and to some have brought a sense of community and a family of fellow PokeFans.
In celebration of Pokemon still going strong along with this sense of family, I want to put together a fanbook!

If you are interested in taking part, please read on! (If it isn’t your thing, than please at least help spread the word! Others may enjoy it!)

I’d like to set this up to resemble a family photo album, pictures set in the pages and a small caption for the scene depicted. The subject matter? A pokemon and their evolved forms!

For example, say you like the pokemon Clefairy and want to make a ‘family photo’. You could involve Cleffa and Clefable in the picture and create a scene with them! Or if you want to add a pokemon that doesn’t evolve but you really love that pokemon, draw a family scene with many of that type of pokemon!

Here is my piece as an example:
User Image

If you are interested in contributing, here is what you need to know!

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Your entry needs to be:

⦁ Submittied as a .png
⦁ Be 300 DPI
⦁ Measure 5.75 x 8.75 inches (Portrait or swapped for Landscape)
⦁ Be CMYK format
(Also, please provide your name and link to the site you wish to be credited to! We want you all to be credited!)

Send your submissions to pokefamilyalbum@gmail.com with the subject title Album Submission!

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS
15th MAY 2015!

We hope to get plenty of variety in submissions to share with the fanbase!

You can also come and follow us on Tumblr to keep updated with the project!

Dainty Dreamer

18,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira Bump?

Dainty Dreamer

18,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100

Dapper Krampus

This is a really cute idea and I'd honestly love to enter something like this.

I think you should get some standards and rules put together so people know what they're going to be submitting, is this paid or for-fun, etc. Where are you going to be hosting it? Colors, format, sizes, etc? Will this be printed or just a pdf? Lots of things to consider!

Also it's not everybody's cup of tea, but there's a lot of positive buzz about zines around Tumblr and I recommend maybe making a post there, perhaps a blog just for the Pokefamily Zine. 3nodding Get the word out and find more people who want to submit!
I can't buy any but they're super cute and it's a great idea!

Dainty Dreamer

18,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
Info Updated!!! Come check it out!
I might contribute! :3

Can we submit more than one family? (Not at once, necessarily, but over time.)
And to cover it sooner rather than later, what about gijinkas or crossovers (e.g., PokePonies {MLP} or Pokemon Crossing {Animal Crossing})? Are they considered fair game, too, or would the fanzine prefer to focus on canon designs?

Dainty Dreamer

18,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
Eizoryu
I might contribute! :3

Can we submit more than one family? (Not at once, necessarily, but over time.)
And to cover it sooner rather than later, what about gijinkas or crossovers (e.g., PokePonies {MLP} or Pokemon Crossing {Animal Crossing})? Are they considered fair game, too, or would the fanzine prefer to focus on canon designs?

That'd be great if you contributed! The fanzine is focusing on canon designs only though since more people recognize them that way :3 and you can submit as many as you'd like, but there will only be so much space in the zine so that does not mean that all will be added to the final print version. But it does help to have more to choose from and broadens your portfolio in the process! biggrin

Dainty Dreamer

18,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
Addykat
This is a really cute idea and I'd honestly love to enter something like this.

I think you should get some standards and rules put together so people know what they're going to be submitting, is this paid or for-fun, etc. Where are you going to be hosting it? Colors, format, sizes, etc? Will this be printed or just a pdf? Lots of things to consider!

Also it's not everybody's cup of tea, but there's a lot of positive buzz about zines around Tumblr and I recommend maybe making a post there, perhaps a blog just for the Pokefamily Zine. 3nodding Get the word out and find more people who want to submit!

Thanks for the advice! Info updated! and it would be really neat to have you submit something! The more submissions, the better! biggrin

Dainty Dreamer

18,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
Bump!!!! 4laugh

Dainty Dreamer

18,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100

Dainty Dreamer