Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Millionaire

13,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
I dun goofed and I lost my installation disk for my tablet.
The company offers online downloads for drivers, and I went ahead and got the proper one for my computer and model, no problem. (Wacom Bamboo Pen; Model CTL-470)

And I downloaded my drawing program and GIMP without a problem, too

But I noticed that my tablet isn't as sensitive as it used to be.
Initial movement of my stylus is lagging as, when drawing, I can't seem to ******** with the thickness of my lines via pressure, but I can manipulate the shade vie pressure...

It's really confusing and frustrating because 90% of my drawings are fine detail...

Help?

Wrathful Mystic

I suppose a couple questions here:

What OS do you use?

Has your computer been recently reformatted(like did you reinstall your OS and lost your drivers or did you just reinstall them for some other reason)?

andd could i get a screenshot of your tablet settings window. (I think its uhh window tablet properties in your start menu then click the "options" button and show me whats there, it should show like which hand you use and the click tap stuff)

Generous Millionaire

13,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
Zheida
I suppose a couple questions here:

What OS do you use?

Has your computer been recently reformatted(like did you reinstall your OS and lost your drivers or did you just reinstall them for some other reason)?

andd could i get a screenshot of your tablet settings window. (I think its uhh window tablet properties in your start menu then click the "options" button and show me whats there, it should show like which hand you use and the click tap stuff)

Asus Aspire Windows 8.1
User Image

Wrathful Mystic

oh okay yours is a little different i always forget bamboos are kinda funky-- OK BASICALLY if you click "advanced" there there might be a thing in the newer wacom drivers that says this: [IMG CLICK] you want that yellow bit checked if its there. I'm not sure if it is or isnt, it might be on the higher end tablets rather than the lower end bamboo drivers.

if that is not the case, and you HAVE NOT reformatted your computer recently (if the tablet was previously installed on this one) it might be a case of older drivers being stuck, you may have to reformat your machine or find a way to clean out the old drivers. Theres a couple explainations on google with that kinda thing if you need to do it.

its sort of hard to say what causes this sort of thing, drivers are really odd ESPECIALLY tablet drivers on windows 8, I've even had the company confirm a lot of people have problems with that OS and their tablets. sorry if this isnt too helpful it can be such a broad variety of issues and solutions these days.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff