Welcome to Gaia! ::

How should we format the thread name?!What should we do? (see first post for details)

1 - Extend until we get 10 entries in each prize category 0.26515151515152 26.5% [ 35 ]
2 - Extend till Nov 1st and just award prizes as we see fit 0.43181818181818 43.2% [ 57 ]
3 - End now and award prizes as we see fit 0.3030303030303 30.3% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 132 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 136 137 138 > >> >>> »|

If you submit an entry before nov 1st, you will have a week to finish. I saw this in other contests and it seemed like a good idea. T AT after that, we cant accept anymore though!
Only participants that submitted a WIP will have the one week extension.
When submitting a WIP, just make sure i know its a WIP and not the finished product!

UPDATE: Due to the lack of entries in certain categories we have decided that we are giving YOU a choice as to what we should do via the poll

Option #1
We extend the contest till we have ten DIFFERENT users entering EACH category and give away the prizes then.

Option #2
Extend until November 1st. Any category without ten different users entries will be awarded prizes as we see fit. This means ONE SINGLE PERSON WILL PROBABLY NOT GET THE FULL PRIZE.

Option #3
We end as planned, but any category without the ten entries will recieve prizes as we see fit (like option 2).

User Image

User Image
Hello and welcome to R A I N B O W S! This is an art contest hosted by disposable and Rainbow Switchblade, roommates and friends for almost 7 years. ;3
We both simply adore avatar art, so we pooled our resources to host this art contest! We hope to collect tons of gorgeous art from talented artists, and we hope that you enjoy your stay in our thread. :3

Have fun!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Contest runs until October 1st
Mid prizes will be awarded August 1st

We reserve the right to continue the contest if we feel there haven't been adequate entries.

User Image

Updates

Check here for any important news and current events :3

User ImageAdded the totally sweetass banners made by Panthera Zephyrus, check her out if you ever need any sweetass banners made. ;3
User ImageOur first entry!
User ImageADDED bump contest; though i still need to put some samples up lol
User ImageMade some minor edits to dispo's request; added bunbun and another rl ref :3

User Image

User ImageYou may enter as many times as you like, but there will only be one prize awarded per entry. In the name of fairness, one artist can only win a max of 2 prizes.
User ImageDo your own work. If we find you have stolen or traced art, you will be disqualified and we will report you.
User ImageIf you would not like your art to be posted publicly, please let us know. Otherwise, we'll show off your wonderful masterpieces everywhere ♥
User ImagePlease sign your work! It's generally a good thing to do anyway! :3
User ImageIf you don't finish by the end of the deadline, you may submit a WIP. Contestants who submit a WIP by the deadline will have a 1 week extension to finish. Please clearly mark it as a WIP.
User ImageNo advertising, but we will gladly affiliate.
User ImagePlease DO NOT PM US. You may pm disposable in the event of something extremely important, but under no circumstances pm Rainbow Switchblade.
User ImagePlease don't be an annoying c**t. Don't hassle/beg/harass/etc.
User ImageALL ART MUST INCLUDE EITHER RAINBOW SWITCHBLADE OR DISPOSABLE. Dispozilla counts as being disposable, so you can draw him on his own.
User ImageWhen you enter, please post a LINK to your entry, don't put the picture in the thread. :3 I'll add it to the entries post under your username.
User ImageAnd as always, save the drama fo' yo' mama faggots.

User Image
User Image
User Image

I like things with unique poses unique style movement... just a variety

feel free to pick from the avatars below or something simular ALSO you can have my avi with her hair down and curly if so it should be mid to lower back in length i enjoy both the hair up and down smile
Rainbow with her hair down <3

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Any of those will work : D
if you need a feel for the avatar she is kinda fun quirky missunderstood type.... not really too outgoing but once she finally gets to know you she has a very charming fun and playful side but beware if you get her mad she can totally beat you up

also if you decide to enter one with other characters i would like for you to draw Tonichi

Mind you the relationship between the two is STRICTLY friends only ... so no kissing and such okay : D and we like to joke on eachother so if you can manage to capture our joking nature that would be awsome

User Image

or if you would like to include my cat Benjamin he is a grey long haired kitten with very very light washed out stripes and the fluffiest tail ever (it almost looks like a racoon tail) and his personality is very I <3 Rain but everyone else hands off (he is a little demon really)
User Image
User Image
Hey I'm Liz, and I'm a lot more complicated than Nicole lol >3>;

We'll Start off with me! You may draw any of the avatars posted below or my current! Keep in mind that i LOVE artistic creativity, and that you may alter any of the outfits as much as you like. Heck, you can make up your own outfit! All I ask is that the hair stays the same and that I have bunny ears. I know the second one doesn't have bunny ears on the avatar, but please add them. :3

Also, I know I'm a zombie, but I originally had blue eyes. When it comes to avatar art, I prefer to have the blue eyes drawn. However, if you have an awesome idea or just want to draw zombies really badly, feel free! ;3 I've seen some awesome art using my zombie-complexion.

Max

Max is my boyfriend and the love of my life! I love couple art of us together the most of anything!

User Image

I know his avatar is boring hahaha. If you really don't want to draw him so...bare, you may add clothing if you wish. :3 I prefer something simple, like a button up shirt and possibly some jeans? But, depending on the scenario, feel free to draw him (and me maybe!) in other things, like bathrobes (his is pink and fluffy!).
Also, it is IMPORTANT that you draw the flower poking out of his pants! Totally important! It's a Sexy Commando reference; he wants to be like Masaru.

References
[1][2][3]

RL Liz and Max

I like having us drawn as our real life-selfs, as well! This is a little more free form than the avatars.

Max has blonde hair and blue eyes. I'd love it if you draw a little beardy goatee on his chin too, i love that :D
I'm not allowed to post his picture, so this is about as close as you'll get.

User Image

He doesn't dress that stylish though, he usually just wears t-shirts. If you can make the t-shirt somehow relating to pop'n music, taiko no tatsujin, beatmania, or street fighter that would be super cool. Or you could always make it say "I WANT TO ******** LIZ" ;DDD
Of course, feel free to draw the above outfit (or your own). :3

Max makes the :< emote a lot, its be cool to see that incorporated into some art :3

-----

As for me I change a lot lol ; 3; I have brown hair and brown eyes, my hair changes a lot.
You can make up my outfit. I like casual/girly.
Jeans and a cute top, short plaid skirts, knee high striped socks, sundresses, are all good things.
I LOVE ridiculous hair accessories like colorful hairclips, bows, headbands, and so on. Go crazy with those :D

Feel free to use the refs below to help a lot with me lol. :x Also, you can draw my hair at any stage of growth that you prefer, lol. Feel free to check out my myspace in my www for more hair options, if you like.

[1][2][3][4][5]
Possible outfit for Liz
Another possible outfit for Liz
My current hairstyle

Romance and super sexy stuff is totally loved, and though I know I'm technically not supposed to ask for dirty stuff... i w-wont say that i wouldnt love it >3>;;; Just don't post any in the thread! pm it dudes, what??? Don't go corrupting young minds here!

Hoshi

My best friend, Jackie! She's cuddly and cute, probably the cutest person you've ever seen!

User Image

Her avatar may be tweaked to your liking, but no major edits please.
Jackie is very shy, and I'm usually harassing her to stick up for herself, or harassing the people who harass her, lol :D

Friends only please, no romance <3

Dispozilla

My adorable dinosaur alter ego!
You may either draw him as carefree and fun-loving, as a dandy, flirty dude, or as a total crazy dinosaur! have fun with him, whatever you want!

User Image

Please draw his tail the same color as his hair :D

IF YOU LIKE DRAWING YAOI
I would super extra love boyxboy drawings of dispozilla and max's avatar ;3 Super hot, yo'!

dispozilla refs
[1][2][3][4][5]
dispoxmax refs
[1][2]

BumBum

AS A SIDE NOTE, you may draw my rabbit BumBum with any of my pictures! she always wants attention, is kind of a c**t most of the time, and the markings on her back look like butterfly wings :3 (maybe you could make them into real wings???)
bummy!
User Image

what everyone really wants to know.... so the question is what all can you get

Grand Prize
Couple Art of RAIN AND DISPO
(be sure this is friendly, not kissy!)

Dispo's Fave
(Any category)

Rain's Fave
(Any Category)

Group
(3 or more people MUST include Rain AND Dispo)

User Image

DISPO'S PRIZES
(From any of Disposable's requests)
(must include Dispo)

Best Dispo and Max
(A piece including both dispo and max)
(can be of avatars or rl)

Best Dispo and Hoshi
(A piece including both dispo and hoshi)

Best Dispo

Best Dispozilla

Best use of Rainbows

Prettiest Hair

Most Charming

User Image

RAIN'S PRIZES
(From any of Rainbow Switchblade's requests)
(must include Rain)

Best Rain and Tonichi

Best Rain

Best Action pose

Sexiest pose

Best Chibi

Secret

User Image

I put all the entries in here for now!

ENTRIES

Its not as cute as before...but a little easier to keep track of for me gonk

User Image
User Image

SPECIAL GAME !!!!!!! OMG

Okay so we know that this is kind of a long contest so we decided that for those who enter before Aug 1st we will have a special mini contest

We will have a guest judge pick a picture that they like (it can be anything and of anyone) and they will win 100k

It is our way of saying YEAH ITS A LONG CONTEST BUT DONT BE BORED YET!

Also whoever wins is still able to win grandprize or any other prizes it does not go for the one winner per picture because it is just a mini game... we would just like to reward those who entered so early <3

User Image

CONGRATS ATELI FOR WINNING THE 100K MIDPRIZE! <3

Remember, this piece is still elligible for the main prizes. Winning the mid-prize does NOT give this entry a better chance at winning the main prizes, however. :3 So don't get discouraged everyone!
User Image

Art freebies/ bump contest!

I'll be giving a free colored headshot to everyone who bumps 100 times!

I'll also give a waistup to anyone who bumps 200 times.

And random freebies to people who i think deserve it ^__^

I'll have samples up soon!
I'm not the best artist, and I like to not finish things lol s this is the closest thing that i have to finished.

I cant remember the username :3

Hopefully some finished pieces will be here int he near future :3

some WIPs
User Image

banners/affiliates as soon as i get some lololololol

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.40721315_1/]
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/dispozilla/dbanner2.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/dispozilla/dbanner1.jpg[/img][/url]

ALL OF THE FOLLOWING WERE MADE BY UNKNOWN MIKA :33

thanks so much for all your help <3

User Image

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/dispozilla/banerrainbow1.png[/img][/url]

User Image

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/dispozilla/bannerrainbow2.png[/img][/url]

User Image

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/dispozilla/bannerrainbows3.png[/img][/url]

User Image

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/dispozilla/rainbows.png[/img][/url]

Links out!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Ok i think it's done enough to open :U

still needs some tweaking but most general info is down
okay well we are OPEN!

btw you should change the title to 3mil+ in prizes because after the you and me prizes it is 3mil not including bonus prizes and blah blah

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff