Counter!

+1 1 100.0% [ 45 ]
Total Votes:[ 45 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26 > >>

Animated Hero

User Image

fine (fīn)
adj. fin•er, fin•est
1. Satisfactory; acceptable: Handing in your paper on Monday is fine.
2. good-looking or handsome: a fine young man.

fine (fē'nā)
n. Music
1. The end.

[Italian, from Latin fīnis, end.]

Welcome to Fine! ^-^

This is my second art contest since I have been on Gaia. I absolutely loved throwing my first one, and decided that I needed to make a second, smaller one. After some deliberation, I picked the elements that would define this as being "small" (three categories, no group pictures, one subject) and created "Fine"--a contest that plays on the idea of someone being good-looking, but has its serious roots in being "the end".

Here's to fun, gold, and art of epic proportions!

Announcements;;
11.27.09 // Open!
11.27.09 // end date set: 3.01.09
11.28.09 // new thread is created because of glitch
11.28.09 // end date set: 1.01.10

((you are here v(^o^)v ))
Welcome;; || Rules || Subject || Categories || Entries
|| Prizes || Affiliates || Reserved || Reserved

Animated Hero

User Image

WHEN YOU FIGHT THE LAW, THE LAW WINS. I've got a couple rules for everyone, and I'd really appreciate it if you'd read and follow them <3

OBEYYY. Not following these rules could result in you being disqualified.

1. My word is law. It's my contest, not yours O:<
2. Be respectful. There's no reason to be disrespectful to anyone, ESPECIALLY my friends or fellow artists.
3. Obey the TOS. Don't give me pictures that aren't yours.
4. I'm going to enjoy the pictures, but they're still yours. That means you shouldn't be surprised if you see them around the site in my signature or journal--of course, I'll be giving you all the credit ^-^
5. Have fun!

These rules refer more to the contest itself than to the thread~

6. The limit on entries you can submit is one per category. ...unless they're super epic 8D
7. The contest isn't going to get an extension unless I get really tied up. If you have a WIP submitted as the contest is ending, it's still eligible to win something.
8. NSFW pictures are permitted. …but use your judgment. (One of my categories is "sexy", after all)
9. You can win multiple spots depending on the number of entries you've got, where, and how good they are.
10. TAKE YOUR TIME! I don't want art that looks like a pencil had a seizure.
11. As well as only submitting art that you've drawn, make sure the art you submit is what the section of the contest calls for. I don't want you submitting random art. While pictures of your avvie/OC are nice, I made this so I could get art of mine ^-^;;
12. Adding on to number eleven, tekteks don't count, either.
13. I won't use your bandwidth and will be uploading these to my own photobucket. If you edit something on the picture, let me know so I can re-save and re-upload it. Otherwise, the changes won't show on the copy I have.

Don't be surprised if you see these rules change!

Welcome || Rules;; || Subject || Categories || Entries

Animated Hero

User Image

As I mentioned before, one of the elements that makes this contest so small is the fact that there is only one main subject that I am asking art of: my OC, Colette.

Refer back to rule number two before you yell at me for this next part of information: she is an OC for a specific fandom--the Half-Life video game series. ( *IMPORTANT NOTE*: Colette fits into the story during the civil war in the second game.) I hope despite this, you will continue to read on and see if she interests you <3

--x

User Image

წ C || O || L || E || T || T || E
[ the impostor ]

►[ First Impressions ]

Name: Colette "Cole" Bishop

►[ The Looks ]

Hair: light blonde, short and extremely messy
Eyes: light brown
Skin Tone: orange, light
Body: feminine, slightly below average height
Outfits:
Work: Colette's wardrobe has easily been through hell and back. She can always be seen wearing a light gray polo vest combo under a heavy, navy jacket with medic brassards on either sleeve; grey pants, brown work gloves, and heavy boots. She typically has a silver revolver poking out from the waistband of her pants. [ x ] The name tag on the jacket reads "Coleman", though the "man" half of it is starting to fade.
Accessories: Colette's main accessories are the red bandanna she always wears in her hair and a pair of cracked, broken glasses that are slightly oval shaped. (The bandanna is supposed to be set more on top of her head than to the front--I just fail at drawing.)

►[ Personality ]

Colette's personality is a contrast between the facade on the surface and her true nature. She normally keeps quiet, not out of shyness but out of lacking either meaningful words or the desire to say them. Things don't seem to phase her as much as they should, an adaptation from the anesthetic of civil war. On the inside, though, Colette is a nervous person who enjoys rambling and often finds herself angered by her surroundings and the actions of the people around her. She has deep empathy for all that the war has affected, and hates having to use the revolver she was given. When pushed hard enough or deeply moved, parts of her actual personality can be seen below the facade. The only thing shared by the two personalities is a nose for practicality.

►[ Vices ]

Colette has developed an appreciation for the smaller things in life, like silence. When she has the free time to think, her mind often creates music out of the sounds around her, such as the syncopation of gunfire or the soft tempo of breathing. Her other favorite things are nature's vistas, computers, ice cream, daydreams about the past, and helping others.

►[ Wouldn't be Caught Dead in this Place ]

Out of everything she has been exposed to, the thing that Colette hates the most is death, something she is surrounded by more frequently than she would like. She also dislikes gunfire, cold weather, extreme periods of loneliness, heavy responsibility, and murder.

►[ Background Check ]

Despite being a medic, Colette never had any formal medical training, or a desire for such a path. Before the civil war broke out, she worked as a computer engineer. When she first joined the resistance, she was more or less adopted by a doctor by the name of Luis Coleman who sympathized with her unwillingness (and almost inability) to kill Combine soldiers. He taught her enough about being a resistance medic that she took over his position whenever he was killed. (The heavy jacket she always wears originally belonged to Dr. Coleman.) Since she has been living as the replacement to Dr. Coleman for so long and she is typically able to complete most of the tasks assigned to her as medic, no one has questioned her over whether or not she had any training. The only person who knew about her true career path was Dr. Coleman.

►[ Pretty Pictures ]

Refs by Me:
none already mentioned

Refs by Others:
[ x , o , x ]

Welcome || Rules || Subject;; || Categories || Entries

Animated Hero

User Image

The other main thing that defined this as being a small contest is that there are only three categories.

War;;

As you read in the info in the post above, there is a civil war being waged between the government and the people during the time that I imagine Colette fitting into. What I'd be looking for in this category are pictures of Colette during the war. She could be fighting, healing, or just standing there with a stupid smile on her face as long as she's in her medic's jacket--to give a few ideas.

Post-War;;

Every war has to come to an end some time. This category depicts the aftermath of the war. While there doesn't have to be any of the actual aftermath of it (crushed buildings, shredded clothing, dirty people), there should be some indicator that the war is over (altered or completely different outfit, extremely cheerful emotion). A good example would be putting her with some element of a holiday, as those were something she missed dearly during the war.

Sexy;;

I always love to put these categories in my contests. "Sexy" pictures can either come from the mid-war or the post-war era, but they have to have some element of sexual appeal. (...I'm sure you guys can come up with things without me giving suggestions.)

Couple;;

I realize that Half-Life practically finalizes a canon pairing at the end of the game, but I'd still like couple art with the main character, Gordon Freeman. [ x , o , x ] Colette is forced to patch Gordon up after a nasty run-in with some of the Combine, and while there really isn't much time for any sort of relationship to develop, she still enjoys his company. You could draw them being badass, acting like friends, being romantic, or just being in the same room together. (xD) This picture can also fit into either mid-war (see first two refs) or post-war (see last ref), and you can make it sexy if you want.

Welcome || Rules || Subject || Categories;; || Entries

Animated Hero

User Image

PLEASE PM ME YOUR ENTRIES!
(Make sure you tell me which category it's for, to save me the trouble of figuring it out xD )

Obviously there is pretty much nothing to see here. You should change that <3

War;;
by Magic Mushrooms`
by Tears of a Marionette

Post-War;;
none...

Sexy;;
by xfairyxgirlx
by raeberry

Couple;;
none...

Welcome || Rules || Subject || Categories || Entries

Animated Hero

User Image

Here are the winners!

War;;

1st -- by Tears of a Marionette
2nd -- by Magic Mushrooms`
3rd -- no entries.

Post-War;;

1st -- no entries.
2nd -- no entries.
3rd -- no entries.

Sexy;;
1st -- by raeberry
2nd -- by xfairyxgirlx
3rd -- 10k

Couple;;
1st -- no entries.
2nd -- no entries.
3rd -- no entries.

|| Prizes;; || Affiliates || Reserved || Reserved

Animated Hero

User Image

Here are my affiliates~

PM me and we can trade buttons 8D

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/open-280k-in-prizes/t.56604610/][IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i50/Lightning_Stickers/Fine/Signs/FineButton.png[/IMG][/url]

or

[url=http://tinyurl.com/fineartcontest2][IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i50/Lightning_Stickers/Fine/Signs/FineButton.png[/IMG][/url]

--x

Visit them. Srsly.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

|| Prizes || Affiliates;; || Reserved || Reserved

Animated Hero

User Image

|| Prizes || Affiliates || Reserved;; || Reserved

Animated Hero

User Image

Animated Hero