Obligatory gold whore option! 0.31132075471698 31.1% [ 33 ]
Total Votes:[ 106 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 32 33 > >>

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you can’t see the image above this text (or any of the images that are at the beginning of each post), click on page two to get all of the same information just without graphics. The character links will be kept in spoilers so it won’t be so image heavy.

If you are at all worried about this contest, my last one went wonderfully if you ask me. :3

Update Jan. 21, 2016: I've graduated college and been super busy with my job and youtube channel. Obviously I make real money from those so Gaia kind of stopped being a priority...If you still check in to here after submitting art, feel free to start a trade with me and I'll send like, 20bil or something. XD I just closed more than 10 trades with people that never responded so I don't really want to try and find everyone in case a ton of people left the site.
Update Sept. 28, 2017: I'm now working full time and don't get on here much at all. Seriously, if you ever check in here don't hesitate to ask me for some gold! I feel bad that I wasn't able to continue with this but life tends to take priority...
Update Aug. 22, 2020: I still check in to the site frequently but obviously it's been 5 years so I assume everyone that's going to look for some compensation has. Buuut if you're popping in, please message me so I can send you some gold!

Gold awarded so far: 21,892,000,000

1: Intro ~ 2: Rules ~ 3: Art Prizes ~ 4: Characters ~ 5. Character of the Month ~ 6: Form & Entries ~ 7: Non-Art Prizes ~ 8: Links

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Only colored and shaded work! You are more than welcome to collaborate if you don't color. If you only do b&w, send me some samples and we can see if I'll accept your work.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'll accept from a headshot to a fullbody - but if your headshots aren't very realistic, you must enter a waist-up or more.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Don't enter chibis or tiny pixels. (There are some chibis I like, so send me some samples before entering.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Do not enter low-quality images.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Quote me if you want to ask a question or talk - I have classes so if I'm busy I miss posts! You are guaranteed a response if you quote me!

Frequently Asked Questions are kept within the spoiler:

Q: What's your favorite type of art?
A: Well, I like any medium. I think I only have a preference for digital because there's never an issue about quality (and I HATE low quality). I've ordered several times from artists that use markers and they're some of my favorites. I also LOVE high revolutions, gives me more opportunities to use the pieces in my signature/banner/etc. I tend to prefer fullbodies over headshots, getting all of the character is really awesome to me. I love realistic and anime - there are certain types of art following another artist's style that I like (Invader Zim for instance) and some that I hate (like Adventure Time). I like when someone gets all of the details, when something is missing or wrong I notice. It makes me sad. Hope that helps!

Q: If someone is drawn with an animal (Levarian, Balthazar, etc.) does it count as a couple?
A: Yes it does!

Q: Which characters would most likely be seen with animals?
A: Lizard with Levarian, Leo and Copper, the unnamed jelly-like creatures, or Kristoffer in a shape-shifted animal form.
Alex with Balthazar.
Eloven with Nilla or Flufferbutters (an argument could be made for Bree as well but she is only part animal so that would be more for couple.)
Ellie and Nagan
Like Eloven and Bree, Xadriana has Jayla who would fit more in the normal couple category.
Urvasi and Crystal Splash

And just like what some artists have done with Taria and her other form, the same could be done for Selene, Genevieve, or Maia. This has to be done artistically though because each of these characters actually transform. In reality, these two forms could never be in the same place at the same time.

Q: Who are the couples?
A: Lizard and Alex
Ellie and Dean
Xadriana and Halona
Cyn and Chloe (she's the very last character!)
Cira and Gaidrian
Satara and Lucian
Anna and Andy
Veera and Sureshi
Drasi and Kuriko
Eloven and Julian -- not really a couple but they flirt a lot so most people assume they're a couple.

Q: What is the technology level in this world?
A: As far as technology, they have the essentials (indoor plumbing, lighting, etc.) but they don't really have electronics, not even a walkie-talkie. This is a place where magic took off but electronics/science kind of went to the back burner. An evil character might have some form of limited electronic technology but otherwise, most characters rely on their magic and other abilities. They have buildings but the majority of them would be made out of stone, like the older buildings in Europe. There would be the few that have a ton of money and would have brick houses and the like.

Q: Is there a number of entries limited to one person per month?
A: Nope, you can submit as many as you like!

Q: Can art be traditional or does it have to be scanned, inked, and shaded/colored?
A: It can be traditional but I would like it to be scanned - most cameras don't pick up details like a scanner (or the picture is blurry). Good quality is always best. I require all art to be shaded but it can be black and white.

Q: Does all art have to be full body?
A: It doesn't, but I only want portraits if it's realistic - like this or this. I tend to have a preference for full bodies over headshots is all. You're more than welcome to do anything in between.

Q: Can the comments have a description of what I was aiming for?
A: The comments can have anything you want in it, I left it general so people could leave it blank or write anything they wanted.

Q: Does each character only get one entry?
A: Nope! Each character can have any number of entries - it's just that the first person who draws them gets a chance at more gold. If you look, Sapphira already has several entries!

1: Intro ~ 2: Rules ~ 3: Art Prizes ~ 4: Characters ~ 5. Character of the Month ~ 6: Form & Entries ~ 7: Non-Art Prizes ~ 8: Links

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Grand prize:
1st place: 100,000,000,000
2nd place: 75,000,000,000
3rd place: 60,000,000,000
Couple prizes: (2 of these will be awarded!)
1st: 10,000,000,000
2nd: 9,500,000,000
3rd: 9,000,000,000
~~~~~~All others will get somewhere between 500mil to 5bil!
(14 of these will be awarded!) Individual OC prizes:
1st: 8,000,000,000
2nd: 7,500,000,000
3rd: 7,000,000,000
All others will get somewhere from 500mil to 3bil!
~~~~~~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.At the end of every month, I will randomly pick one artist and they will win 1 billion gold! You can win every month so long as you enter a different piece every month. Any art that wins in a month is still eligible for bigger prizes at the end of the contest.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The first person to make an entry for a character (represented by a yellow *asterisk*) will get double the Random Number when they enter! If you can't decide who to draw, find someone who doesn't have any entries because every single character has this option, animals and secondary forms included!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prizes will be awarded by rows of 6 characters instead of individually. This means each character in a single row will be up against one another. If the rows do not show up properly, they are also color-coded. A row must have at least 4 entries in order for their individual prizes to be awarded otherwise I will combine rows -- which means I give out less prizes. ):

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If every character gets an entry, I will give out even MORE prizes! Perhaps by doubling the prizes, perhaps by giving out prizes for every three characters instead of six - either way, more gold for everyone!

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Every character thread should have an image on the left side of the first post - that is the official reference, so use it for details and colors! If for some reason it does not show up, let me know and I can send the link to you.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. = Character that does not have an entry. Drawing them will get you double the gold when you enter!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. = Character in a relationship. After a character's personality is described, a "♥" will tell you who they're with.

I'm going through each character's information, rearranging so that there is only one or two posts, etc. I also would like to add a section of something like, "Would most likely be seen ____". I'll most likely do these in order, but if there's a particular character you'd like to know this for, just let me know!

1st group of OCs
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2nd group of OCs

3rd group of OCs

4th group of OCs
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Draw this character(s) to get even more gold! (Once a monthly character has gotten it's first entry, I'll add on another character. They'll both still get double and you do NOT have to draw them together!)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.When you submit an entry in the form, use the Post Action to generate a random number from 100 to 500 (shown HERE) and you’ll get that amount in millions = 100-500mil! If you have entered once before, you can change it to 200 to 500. Once you reach your 5th entry and above, I will double the amount so you can get 1billion with a single entry! (Up to 2billion if you draw a character's first entry!)

Copy this straight into your reply and fill it out:
[quote="Lizardlea13"][color=darkblue]Entry![/color][/quote]
Username ::
Entry ::
Character(s) ::
Comments [size=6](include if you were referred or if you found this thread through someone's signature)[/size] ::
Did you generate a random number or would you rather I do it? ::

Let me know if you want to be PM'd as well as quoted in the thread when the contest is over!

Entries are kept within the spoiler:
October 2014
1. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 01 ~ Lestari
2. x BurgerQueen x ~ Entry 01 ~ Nilla
3. FieryUnicorn ~ Entry ~ Cindy
4. x BurgerQueen x ~ Entry 02 ~ Cindy
5. x BurgerQueen x ~ Entry 03 ~ Aella
6. cedesbby ~ Entry 01 ~ Fi
7. dotSei ~ Entry 01 ~ Zeke
8. x BurgerQueen x ~ Entry 04 ~ Astrea
9. CTRLmyself ~ Entry 01 ~ Leilani

November 2014
10. x BurgerQueen x ~ Entry 05 ~ Jo
11. X BurgerQueen x ~ Entry 06 ~ Bako
12. Enpuresu ~ Entry 01 ~ Soraya
13. x Burger Queen x ~ Entry 07 ~ Maia

December 2014
14. mindlessjellycat ~ Entry ~ Lestari
15. -l- Kori -l- ~ Entry ~ Tess

Jan. 2015
16. jellycrown ~ Entry ~ Damisi
17. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry ~ Luke
18. Hoseki-Sama ~ Entry ~ Badru
19. CTRLmyself ~ Entry ~ Naomi
20. Yumeiii ~ Entry ~ Halona
21. Miss Yiffs A Lot ~ Entry ~ Copper and Leo

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If you refer an artist (directly or with a link in your signature) and they say so in their entry, I’ll give you 500mil! There isn't a limit to how many you can refer but make sure you aren't spamming other people's threads or anything.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Bump 50 times (you CAN include conversational posts) and I'll give you 500mil -- but don't bump every minute just to get this as soon as possible! You can do this twice a month. I'll also pick the two people who I felt chatted with me the most here and they'll get 1bil.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Place one of the listed "Links In" in your signature for a month and I'll give you 10mil for the smallest, 20mil for the medium, and 50mil for the largest! Continue to keep it there and you'll get the same amount every month you keep it there! If you plan on doing this, you have to let me know. You also need to post in this thread at least twice a month for me to pay you, they can be bumps it doesn't matter. I won’t pay you for no publicity, sorry!
People currently doing this: LadyRem ~ (Oct. 1 ~ Nov. 1)

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
In:
These are all randomized so the image changes!
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/88-ocs-100mil-2bil-for-every-entry/t.93954179_1/?sequence=1][img]http://signavatar.com/30335_v.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/88-ocs-100mil-2bil-for-every-entry/t.93954179_1/?sequence=1][img]http://signavatar.com/30335_s.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/88-ocs-100mil-2bil-for-every-entry/t.93954179_1/?sequence=1][img]http://signavatar.com/29289_v.jpg[/img][/url]

Out:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff