Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Fairy

13,350 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
One my first drawing, it is of an original character from Sonic I had created with a friend smile and for my Second I attempted to draw a slightly-realistic Amethyst from Steven Universe.Thoughts? and I did not color in Amethyst because I'm not the best at coloring and felt it would look better without it smile there is also a reference photo below of what Amethyst looks like (to those who don't know/watch Steven universe)

any opinions I will graciously take, and tips to help improve would also be appreciated ^-^

ty to who takes the time to critique. Your thoughts and critique are much grateful VwV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image
User Image

Reference to Amythest: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/1c/a6/0a/1ca60aeaedfdaac42bca6e2230d791f9.jpg

Cute Fairy

13,350 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
*tail wags*
Best art, because Amethyst.

Cute Fairy

13,350 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TheDarkBean
Best art, because Amethyst.

Ty! ^ ^

Cute Fairy

13,350 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Feral Citizen

7,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I do quite like the second one. heart

Cute Fairy

13,350 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Jester Queen
I do quite like the second one. heart

ty! ^_^
Don't be afraid to color, it's how you get better at doing so.
You can trace it and color that one, so the anxiety of ruining the original disappears.
No light box needed, just press it against a window if you have to.

Keep drawing, fan art is a good way to start and it's smart of you to pick characters with drastically different body types to help keep a variant in your artwork.

As for the line work, I would try looking into varying your line width, I think it will help your artwork not to look so flat.

Here are some tutorials on how to do so: X X X

Speaking of things being flat, your first character could look much better if you added shading or even simple shadows. Even just three layers, a highlight color, a base color and a shadow color, could make your drawing pop way more significantly.

Cute Fairy

13,350 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
cosmic milkshake
You can trace it and color that one, so the anxiety of ruining the original disappears.

Keep drawing, fan art is a good way to start and it's smart of you to pick characters with drastically different body types to help keep a variant in your artwork.

As for the line work, I would try looking into varying your line width, I think it will help your artwork not to look so flat.

Speaking of things being flat, your first character could look much better if you added shading or even simple shadows. Even just three layers, a highlight color, a base color and a shadow color, could make your drawing pop way more significantly.

ah, okay ty ^_^
and i didnt exactly have any proper color tones for the second one so I sadly did not have much choice sweatdrop

and ill check the tutorial out smile If itll help me out of my comfort zone with linework im all for it xD

and okay, its something ik ive been needing to work on for awhile but I don't have to proper tools or art stuff to even succeed atm smile all the highlight, bas, and shadow layers I have trouble doing really smile I'll take your advice and use it to help with future work X3 ty so much for the critique~
eijiberry
cosmic milkshake

ah, okay ty ^_^
and i didnt exactly have any proper color tones for the second one so I sadly did not have much choice sweatdrop

and ill check the tutorial out smile If itll help me out of my comfort zone with linework im all for it xD

and okay, its something ik ive been needing to work on for awhile but I don't have to proper tools or art stuff to even succeed atm smile all the highlight, bas, and shadow layers I have trouble doing really smile I'll take your advice and use it to help with future work X3 ty so much for the critique~

No problem, sweet thing.
Good luck ~

Cute Fairy

13,350 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
cosmic milkshake
eijiberry
cosmic milkshake

ah, okay ty ^_^

No problem, sweet thing.
Good luck ~

I shall do my best ^_^~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out