Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

Just wondering what people think of my more recent attempts at artwork. I've been experimenting with a more art nouveau style.

User Image

User Image

Tipsy Shapeshifter

Lovely stuff going on here. The only thing I'd really change is the added stroke. It's detracting a lot from the first one. Beautiful work though.
Beautiful!! I love the lining style you're using, with the bold outline paired with the thin lines within. It adds an interesting sharpness to your soft coloring style. :)

Though I think it would be best if you did your line arts digitally if you're going to make use of the bold line/thin line technique-thing, like you did in the first picture. Not to say that the second picture doesn't look nice, though; it just looks a bit rougher than the first one... it appears you did a combination of traditional inking and digital inking? Maybe I'm wrong, idk. xD Regardless, doing digital line arts with digital coloring tends to look cleaner, and crispness is something to value when you're emphasizing line weight variation. ;D

But anyway, very nice work!! I know I talked mostly about the lines in this critique, but that's because I feel that your anatomy and colors look great to me. :) I like the way you draw faces, especially. Keep it up~

Hygienic Shopper

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Being quite the Art Nouveau fan, I love your artwork. I can definitely see the influence of Mucha's style in these two pieces.

However, Art Nouveau is all about curved lines and strong colours. It has some of the feel but is somewhat lacking in those two elements. Don't know if that makes sense...

Great job though smile

KandaYuu13's Wife

Friendly Wolf

Oh my goodness, this is beyond impressive!! I'd fangirl more to say how awesome you are, but I'm sure you get it enough! n///n
I have no complaints or suggestions~
I REALLY like these. My only critique would be to soften the super black lines by using darker shades of colors existing in your pieces already, similar to the lining inside of the gazebo and the details on the woman. Keep the lines dark and bold, but adding hues instead of straight black would tie both pieces together exquisitely, and those lines won't distract so much from the rest of the piece.

Though looking back at the second piece, the black lines work well, because there's other black lining though out the detailing.

Love love love the faces and fabrics. <3

Lavish Lunatic

If not for having to tap it all out on my phone, which usually makes weird posting duplicates anyway, I'd write you much more. But to get straight to it, your art is beautiful, I love it!
There is a little issue with the second one. the sitting girl has an implied line from her hip to her knee that that makes it look like her thigh is six inches long.

Other than that, your shapes are pretty solid. Though, I think the top one could use some more interesting negative space, since the lines bring them into focus.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,975 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

In the second picture, the girl who's sitting, her thigh looks slightly off. Also, her torso area, if she's leaning her weight and curving her body, the left side shouldn't still be in the hourglass shape.

Distinct Elder

I would just go with flat-colours if you're going to be so dodgy and cautious with your shading. It'll expedite your work and just make it cleaner looking.

Sparkling Spirit

13,275 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
I just really love nouveau style of art and you hit it bang on! These are just too gorgeous. Well done.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff