Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Pulverizer

Yo
ayyeee
zodiacs
Avi Art

Pretty proud of these 4 out of all of my drawings. What do you all think? o:
Ps: I'm kind of a sensitive person so if you're going to critique, please try to be as kind as possible... I don't handle harshness that well.

O.G. Gaian

You have a good style of drawing, and your color coordination is already pretty well.

I would definitely work on how to give your drawing more depth. Study how light hits objects and faces and creates certain colors and shadows. You also can't just go a darker version of the skin color, you have to play with different colors (I mostly user reds since they're the most skin-y lol) to get the best effect. objects also give off certain lights, so say where the light would be a regular offwhite color, the color that the object gives off could be blue, so you have to take that into mind.

The lineless style is a bit nice, but lineart also helps with where the shadows go and how they work. It's hard for me to do lineless artwork unless its black and white, haha. ^^

Heart Pulverizer

DjWhiteBooty
You have a good style of drawing, and your color coordination is already pretty well.

I would definitely work on how to give your drawing more depth. Study how light hits objects and faces and creates certain colors and shadows. You also can't just go a darker version of the skin color, you have to play with different colors (I mostly user reds since they're the most skin-y lol) to get the best effect. objects also give off certain lights, so say where the light would be a regular offwhite color, the color that the object gives off could be blue, so you have to take that into mind.

The lineless style is a bit nice, but lineart also helps with where the shadows go and how they work. It's hard for me to do lineless artwork unless its black and white, haha. ^^

I will definitely keep that in mind. c:
I don't get to draw as much as I'd like to because of school and whatnot, so I don't get to really play around with different lighting effects ;w; But Spring break will be starting soon, so I could use that time to try it out. ^-^ Thank youuuu~

O.G. Gaian

Error 404 Fvcks not found
DjWhiteBooty

I don't get to draw as much as I'd like to because of school and whatnot, so I don't get to really play around with different lighting effects ;w; But Spring break will be starting soon, so I could use that time to try it out. ^-^ Thank youuuu~

I only have a little crappy phone drawing (that probably looks horrible on a computer) to show, but playing around with black and white can help you with understanding shadows and give you a bit of a distinct style of coloring/shading. When you get the feel of it, add the colors with the same depth you gave the black and white. If you don't use sai painter, you definitely should. 4laugh

Heart Pulverizer

DjWhiteBooty
Error 404 Fvcks not found
DjWhiteBooty

I only have a little crappy phone drawing (that probably looks horrible on a computer) to show, but playing around with black and white can help you with understanding shadows and give you a bit of a distinct style of coloring/shading. When you get the feel of it, add the colors with the same depth you gave the black and white. If you don't use sai painter, you definitely should. 4laugh

I actually do have Sai, but I bought Manga Studio 5 ex awhile ago and I'm trying to get use to everything on there. x'D I like all the brushes it has. ^-^ They're very neat. But anywhooooo, I really appreciate your critique. c:

Eloquent Lunatic

Anatomy is a big problem overall. Your eyes are out of proportion (even in an anime style), the noses show little knowledge of proper form, and your coloring/shading is fairly rudimentary. You're not doing horribly, but you need to step away from trying to do "detail work" when you have a lack of technical skill. Do some more study of real life proportions, do gesture, speed, and color works. Practice is key!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff