Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which one do you like the most?

The one to the left 0.625 62.5% [ 10 ]
The one to the right 0.375 37.5% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 >

Shameless Lunatic

Sup guys yum_puddi
So I drew a character of mine and i wasn't really pleased with the result so I started all over again and it came out totally differently and i liked it yum_strawberry

But a friend of mine said she liked the old one more
So I am a little curious~ Which do you prefer?
(And I would LOVE some critique yum_donut )

the one to the left is the first one and the one to the right is the redraw
User Image
User Image

Inquisitive Rogue

15,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
I like the first one more.

Angelic Muse

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Super Tipsy 200

⌠☆ミ⌡

I think you should keep working on this character's look and expressions. I like elements from both. Both outfits are great. I like the line art style of the first drawing, because I think it shows more detail. I do not really like the expression of the character in the redraw but it is good you are trying to show emotion. So my advice is to keep sketching until you have something that is a combination of the two that you and your friend both really like.

⌠☆ミ⌡

Shameless Lunatic

YuukiPinkuu

⌠☆ミ⌡

I think you should keep working on this character's look and expressions. I like elements from both. Both outfits are great. I like the line art style of the first drawing, because I think it shows more detail. I do not really like the expression of the character in the redraw but it is good you are trying to show emotion. So my advice is to keep sketching until you have something that is a combination of the two that you and your friend both really like.

⌠☆ミ⌡

Thank you love yum_strawberry
I will keep this in mind
The face on the second one looks really really odd and I guess that is why your friend said they liked the first version.
Odd as in, the crane in the neck is odd as well as the mouth. The mouth is not that low on the face, maybe do some RL facial studies before you make a permanent decision about your style?

Shameless Lunatic

wunleebuxton
The face on the second one looks really really odd and I guess that is why your friend said they liked the first version.
¨

on both the full body and the head shot?
Rosemarie Phinx
wunleebuxton
¨

On the full body the face is odd. The head shot looks different because the main focus was the face. Studies from RL still will help you hone your style though.

Shameless Lunatic

wunleebuxton
Rosemarie Phinx
wunleebuxton

On the full body the face is odd. The head shot looks different because the main focus was the face. Studies from RL still will help you hone your style though.

Still need practice, thank you love yum_strawberry

I actual used a stock to help with the expression
faestock.deviantart.com/art/Expression-Stock-Pack1
Rosemarie Phinx

Still need practice, thank you love yum_strawberry

I actual used a stock to help with the expression
faestock.deviantart.com/art/Expression-Stock-Pack1

Try some full body poses for studies as well. J-list.com(http://www.jlist.com/category/658) have some excellent pose books for artists ^^. I find the lighting in that stock image to be too dark.

Business Strawberry

both are pretty cool!! i really like both of the full body drawings! for the head shots though, i think i prefer the first over the second, simply because i find the darker thicker outline with the lighter inner lines makes it a bit difficult to see what's going on. the first head drawing is a lot bolder. perhaps consider not going for the thicker outer line next time? or maybe keeping the inner line work dark as well.

Shameless Lunatic

effuchu
both are pretty cool!! i really like both of the full body drawings! for the head shots though, i think i prefer the first over the second, simply because i find the darker thicker outline with the lighter inner lines makes it a bit difficult to see what's going on. the first head drawing is a lot bolder. perhaps consider not going for the thicker outer line next time? or maybe keeping the inner line work dark as well.

OOoooooh I see your point >v>
Thank you for the feedback love yum_strawberry
I will keep it in mind

Shameless Lunatic

yum_bacon bump yum_bacon

Business Strawberry

Rosemarie Phinx
effuchu

OOoooooh I see your point >v>
Thank you for the feedback love yum_strawberry
I will keep it in mind
no problem, i think you're doing great stuff though so definitely encouraging you to keep it up!

Dapper Kitten

@
    I think maybe focus some more on the design and the character? It seems like the same character with just different hairstyles/outfits but maybe that's what you're going for.

If that's the case and the debate is on the outfits my question would be what does she do? What sort of world does she live in? The first is very knight-ish yet the second is very mage or rogue ish, two very different types of jobs. Perhaps narrowing in on her story will help solidify some design choices you are making. :>

That being said, I really like both and think they're pretty dang well thought out.

Shameless Lunatic

Mochaspar
@
    I think maybe focus some more on the design and the character? It seems like the same character with just different hairstyles/outfits but maybe that's what you're going for.

If that's the case and the debate is on the outfits my question would be what does she do? What sort of world does she live in? The first is very knight-ish yet the second is very mage or rogue ish, two very different types of jobs. Perhaps narrowing in on her story will help solidify some design choices you are making. :>

That being said, I really like both and think they're pretty dang well thought out.

it is indeed the same character :3

She is a knight and now when I think about it the second one looks more mage-ish, I didn't have time and never got around to draw a armor to the second one ;_; I will think about that, thanks! yum_strawberry

and to answer what world she lives in: Arcem Alva

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces