Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I hate to do this but it seems like it's the only way I'm going to get some of these idiots off my back. I have a gallery in the Art Arena and there is absolutely no reason why some of my works should have the low ratings that they do.

I'm not full of myself, let me just put that out there, but with nearly 750 faves on DA, there is no way in hell that this piece here deserves the low rating of 1.90

User Image

I've noticed that my better works have the lowest ratings and it's just absurd.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/searches/?val=Rikaflare&searchby=user&searchSubmit=submit this is the search for my gallery, some of the items here vary on style according to who I worked with and when they were posted, some of the works there are as old as 2006 or 07. There are a few that I'm working on deleting since the artist that I worked with at the time I no longer associate with (she treated me terribly when we met for a convention lol, haven't spoken to her since.) Aside from those every one of these pieces should have a link to my DA gallery or even to the exact deviation. I assure you that these are not stolen. I would appreciate any upvotes on my newer works. I'm thinking I may just keep my art on DA.

Thanks.

Dapper Dabbler

Don't let it get you too down. There seems to be a string of really bitter people lately or something.

All of my artwork is in the 2-3 star range, but (hate to say it, gonna sound bad, no way around it) sub par sketches are getting 5s.

The arena serves no purpose honestly, other then mild explosure. It works pretty much like the dA front page, and we all know what the quality there is like. wink

*I* enjoy your artwork. heart
I just deleted most of my stuff off the arena lol....Its kinda pointless given the resolution you are allowed to upload and the people there. I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I were you.

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Same thing happening in the poetry and writing area of the arena lately too. Actually I'm starting to think there is some kind of glitch or something. Well, it would be nice if that was it at least. You are right, there is no way that picture deserves a 1.9.

Kawaii Donator

OMG !! just saw your artworks,
and whoa i loved it
keep it up 4laugh

Clean Gekko

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Trader 100
thats really unfortunate
i wish i was as good as you
i think people just go around clicking 1 star
a lot of people must be jealous of your work sad

Lonely Citizen

7,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
I know sweetheart, all of the garbage stick figure art/comics is always given a 5 star when someone whom actually has pure talent are always given one star and is bashed. Hang in there love. Little kids do not know anything about true art

3,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
yea dont worry about it. my arena entries just randomly dropped about 2 stars. all of them. i think it is just a glitch. :/ but i really love your art! how do you make the hair like that?

Gigamon 002's Queen

Noble Gatekeeper

Its not your art. I've been going around the arena and did some scoping and a LOT of good artworks have been getting crappy ratings. They're right about bitter people going around and 1 starring 4's and 5's; 3's a minimum! I agree with the jealousy going around. But I will say this, if anyone is accusing you of stealing art, I would post a progress or progresses (lineart and all before leading up to after) if they want to still have their heads up their bums. I started doing that when some punk accused me of stealing an old work from my previous DA account before I made my new one and posted it here and on my new DA. I dunno if it was because I continued to develop a WIP art style or because I redid some works that I didn't burn from making my new account and killing my previous one. It stopped their accusation, but it really peeved me.

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Some people take the term "arena" too literally, I suppose. I just wanna mention the good feels I'm filled with when I see artists like you in this forum as opposed to what I get from a five minute glance through the art arena. Such hope. Much feels. uwu

Do you have a tumblr or a DeviantArt or somethin' where you show you art work that's more deserving than Gaia's "Arenas"?
It's alright, don't feel so bad.
You have very beautiful artwork honestly, and i'd love to see more of your work.
Lots of my works & others too are having silly low ratings since there are just a bunch of "snitches" in the Gaia "Arenas"
I'm always assuming that it's just people who's art should have appreciation and credit towards are the ones put down.

Unsealed Gatekeeper

7,600 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
I'm in the process of removing my art, too. People can be really bitter and hateful and I don't need them to know my artwork is good and neither do you razz Rating systems like that are really a double edge sword, which is why I like dA better--you can show love but you can really only show hate through the comments, so there's no anonymity.

Greedy Lunatic

10,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
People are just jealous of your godly powers to imagine and create.
Your an incredible artist

Dapper Entrepreneur

4,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Junior Trader 100
1.90???? That picture is no where near only a 1.90 eek Must be jealous or bitter people out there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff