Total Votes:[ 40 ]
< 1 2

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
User Image

OHHHHH I'm just catching up on this manga (on chapter 194)! ^__^ I've been following it for ~1 year, but they mass-released a bunch of chapters a while ago, and I'm still enjoying and reading it.
How far along is the anime now? I've only seen an opening or two, and this is my favorite music-wise definitely - the dance gets stuck in your head! ^0^

There are great developments in character-wise in the manga, and I love the subtle details the author adds in from his research trips in America, no doubt. C:
The manga is super inspiring, especially if you're striving to be in a really rigorous field, like medicine for me.

My friends that went to Japan for an exchange student program a year or so ago said that Uchuu Kyoudai was everywhere when they were there. ^^
I believe they have a live-action movie too!

User Image
User Image
I have yet to see it.

Shadowy Gaian

17,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Colonel Gabrielle
I really hate how slow-paced the anime is. It's such an awesome story I love the characters the setting and everything but I hate that I sit through 24 minutes and just about nothing happens DX I mean, I love all the music and feelings and backgrounds (holy zeus they are gorgeous) but it barely does anything :<
The pug's sounds are just embarrassing XD
I agree with you 100% on the slow pace! I'm the kind of person who speeds through the manga and then goes to the anime just for a peep sweatdrop
they added a recap at the beginning of every episode and mr. hibbit at the end. it's a real drag
It's one of the few animes I forgive for having 100+ episodes. It's very good, although each episode progresses very slowly, but if you like space you'll love this series.

Space Genius

Metalsand
It's one of the few animes I forgive for having 100+ episodes. It's very good, although each episode progresses very slowly, but if you like space you'll love this series.

It only has exactly 99 episodes, plus two movie. xd

Space Genius

My first thought when I heard of this back in March of 2012: Oh great! Another hard space anime! After Twin Spica and Rocket Girls!
My second thought: Blasphemy! Why is Japan making this instead of US? It's like Russia making a film on the history of NASA. Get to work NASA PAO! You really need to get out to the public! lol

This series is so unknown in the U.S., most of the NASA workforce doesn't know its existence. PAO did give permission for them to use the NASA logo and seal (really), but outside from that...

I cried when they show the now-cancelled Project Constellation.
BF-dragontshd-40
My first thought when I heard of this back in March of 2012: Oh great! Another hard space anime! After Twin Spica and Rocket Girls!
My second thought: Blasphemy! Why is Japan making this instead of US? It's like Russia making a film on the history of NASA. Get to work NASA PAO! You really need to get out to the public! lol

This series is so unknown in the U.S., most of the NASA workforce doesn't know its existence. PAO did give permission for them to use the NASA logo and seal (really), but outside from that...

Yeah it was terrible. sad I hate that we give the authority to mess with space programs to someone who doesn't know anything about space. I'm betting Obama looked at it, wondered "Our economy is s**t, why in the hell would we go to the moon again? This isn't the cold war!"

Meanwhile, every person who follows it even slightly is internally yelling "WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOOONE?!". I was fine with Obama until he cancelled the program. xD We could have learned a lot about the feasibility of cold-fusion and potentially repaid the cost of the mission in full. :<

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
wahmbulance

Space Genius

Metalsand
BF-dragontshd-40

Yeah it was terrible. sad I hate that we give the authority to mess with space programs to someone who doesn't know anything about space. I'm betting Obama looked at it, wondered "Our economy is s**t, why in the hell would we go to the moon again? This isn't the cold war!"

Meanwhile, every person who follows it even slightly is internally yelling "WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOOONE?!". I was fine with Obama until he cancelled the program. xD We could have learned a lot about the feasibility of cold-fusion and potentially repaid the cost of the mission in full. :<

You are mixing Nautilus with Project Constellation. Nautilus was cancelled around the same time as NASA's budget begin to plummet lol Project Constellation, on the other hand, is a scam, a job program that Congress mandate NASA to do because of corruption. confused NASA is unable to move out of LEO right now because the agency is so f up at this point, by both internal and external factors.

But let's not derail the thread.

Shy Seeker

intersting
BF-dragontshd-40
Metalsand
BF-dragontshd-40

You are mixing Nautilus with Project Constellation. Nautilus was cancelled around the same time as NASA's budget begin to plummet lol Project Constellation, on the other hand, is a scam, a job program that Congress mandate NASA to do because of corruption. confused NASA is unable to move out of LEO right now because the agency is so f up at this point, by both internal and external factors.

Constellation was supposed to test a few things: one thing of note was to see if the Moon had enough Helium-3 to mine (which is currently only speculation) from the many asteroids that have crashed into the Moon and thought to be hundreds of times more prevalent on the Moon than on Earth. A single gram of Helium-3 is worth tens of thousands of dollars, and is currently the best material for cold-fusion. Off the top of my head, I believe Constellation was also going to collect more materials to research, and test a brief habitation on the Moon for a later mission to Mars. Plus, if we did gather several more grams of Helium-3 for proof, it would be invaluable for testing cold fusion because only a year ago we had a positive-energy reaction. The biggest problem is material to test with.

So no, not a scam, and cancelling it did set us back quite a long ways. It's always this way though, people rarely put long-term benefits over short-term gains. They want their problems fixed NOW, despite what it costs to fix those problems.

Space Genius

Metalsand
BF-dragontshd-40
Metalsand
BF-dragontshd-40

Constellation was supposed to test a few things: one thing of note was to see if the Moon had enough Helium-3 to mine (which is currently only speculation) from the many asteroids that have crashed into the Moon and thought to be hundreds of times more prevalent on the Moon than on Earth. A single gram of Helium-3 is worth tens of thousands of dollars, and is currently the best material for cold-fusion. Off the top of my head, I believe Constellation was also going to collect more materials to research, and test a brief habitation on the Moon for a later mission to Mars. Plus, if we did gather several more grams of Helium-3 for proof, it would be invaluable for testing cold fusion because only a year ago we had a positive-energy reaction. The biggest problem is material to test with.

So no, not a scam, and cancelling it did set us back quite a long ways. It's always this way though, people rarely put long-term benefits over short-term gains. They want their problems fixed NOW, despite what it costs to fix those problems.

Constellation was contracted on a Cost-Plus basis. Lockheed and Boeing was dragging out their time so they could get more funding, which resulted in budget overrun and eventual cancellation. CxP did nothing beside a test rocket and a bunch of now useless propaganda posters during the six years that it was active.
And then we have the SLS, the successor to CxP created by the bitter Congress after Obama axed CxP. Again, nothing had came out of SLS yet beside some posters. Even Administrator Bolden was like, no, don't force SLS down NASA's throat, it will not end well. But Congress only cares about next year's campaign fund from the contractors.
Fortunately, we have Commercial Crew (C3PO). NASA do needs to get out of LEO, but they don't have a plan to get to HEO and beyond...again. And that's a problem.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff