Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vermillion Bibliophile

Javier Cross

Well I better make those hours count ASAP, then.
We'll most likely need it if we are to help save the dot hack fandom from extinction.

So what else in the discussions may we add, by any chance?
Here you go on Hufflepuff House.

Getting Data Drain'd had to be Painful whenever you get hit, is it not?

Good luck to you, brave traveler.
Tying your shoes?

I grow curious as to when next we'll see anything .hack coming to the US.
Oh, I see. Well, I was partially right with my initial guess on what it was.

I'd assume so, and that would've been the second time for poor Haseo...though he didn't remember the first.
Zero the Crimson
Javier Cross

Well I better make those hours count ASAP, then.
We'll most likely need it if we are to help save the dot hack fandom from extinction.

So what else in the discussions may we add, by any chance?
Here you go on Hufflepuff House.

Getting Data Drain'd had to be Painful whenever you get hit, is it not?

Good luck to you, brave traveler.
Tying your shoes?

I grow curious as to when next we'll see anything .hack coming to the US.
Oh, I see. Well, I was partially right with my initial guess on what it was.

I'd assume so, and that would've been the second time for poor Haseo...though he didn't remember the first.

At least we remember the name of the dot hack fans' main open site in dothackers.net, yes?
Long as we recall that, we have hope.

We just know that Bandai's U.S Branch in particular is gone, so the best thing to hope for the moment is if Funimation goes to deal with dot hack//Quantum's segment of the R:X era's events in particular, I'd hope to read about the Side-stories of Sakuya and her classmates as well.
(The fact that Sakuya looks like Miku Hatsune of the Vocaloids aside, blast it.)
Also, hard to believe that I suspect the dot hack fans' voices have been subjected to this syndrome.

It messed up no small deal of his personality and fragmented it, to say the least.
Which led us to the Lost Hound who debuted in dot hack//Roots and grew very sharp Canine fangs during the beginning of the G.U era.

Vermillion Bibliophile

Javier Cross

At least we remember the name of the dot hack fans' main open site in dothackers.net, yes?

We just know that Bandai's U.S Branch in particular is gone, so the best thing to hope for the moment is if Funimation goes to deal with dot hack//Quantum's segment of the R:X era's events in particular, I'd hope to read about the Side-stories of Sakuya and her classmates as well.
(The fact that Sakuya looks like Miku Hatsune of the Vocaloids aside, blast it.)
Also, hard to believe that I suspect the dot hack fans' voices have been subjected to this syndrome.

It messed up no small deal of his personality and fragmented it, to say the least.
Which led us to the Lost Hound who debuted in dot hack//Roots and grew very sharp Canine fangs during the beginning of the G.U era.

Do I?
That's true.

So are best bet would be to encourage the introduction of Japanese games into the US community or to just wait and pray? (Admit it, you loved that!)
I think that's most fans in general nowadays.

Not that that was necessarily a bad thing...though I really missed his cheery sound effects.
Ah, our Sasuke esque, Adept Rogue becoming a PKK'r then the Terror of Death, before attaining greatness in his Xth form and saving "The World".
Zero the Crimson
Javier Cross

Do I?
That's true.

So are best bet would be to encourage the introduction of Japanese games into the US community or to just wait and pray? (Admit it, you loved that!)
I think that's most fans in general nowadays.

Not that that was necessarily a bad thing...though I really missed his cheery sound effects.
Ah, our Sasuke esque, Adept Rogue becoming a PKK'r then the Terror of Death, before attaining greatness in his Xth form and saving "The World".

The Princess of the Crows brought us the link before, I might think to find a place to preserve it for future purposes.
We can't afford to forget about it.

We may as well be doing that, though it'll be competing against a lot of First-Person Shooters, most of the Current ones lacking any real depth whatsoever.(I'm not gonna lie, I do appreciate that Sakuya looks like Miku, but blast it that's not my primary motif behind being intrigued by dot hack//Quantum's cast, for crying outloud. crying )
(We'll also have to do the same for The World of Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy as well, but that's a matter for another time.)
No matter how hard we try or how hard we fight, it doesn't seem to be working, right?

He used to be so happy, despite getting hit with that kind of thing, what the hell happened?
The Journey itself is rather twisted in retrospect, but couldn't the same be said of the likes of Cu Chulainn of old Celtic tales, legends and myths for that matter?(Hence why the comparisons to Hounds and Black Cats in particular are a must.)
The G.U Era I often see as a Perfected response to the final 3 Potter-world volumes in the septimology, its also more than just that, but that part is most obvious to me.

He saved us all when the Original!-Kite wasn't around.
Truth be told, short of anyone from the Potter-world or The Dresden Files worth their salt, I can't say I recall anyone who was prepared for that sort of task all their lives.

Maybe a select few people from The World of Madoka Magica, but any in particular would be best-suited for the spoiler tags to list out, if we wanna find out which resident from that world has common grounds with Haseo.(Alas that too is saved for another time.)
I almost forgot to revitalize this thread, anybody else still want in?

Risuriko
''

Scompiglio's Wife

Javier Cross
Princess of the Crows
I don't quite get the lack of conversation topics here. However, it all depends on what era and such you want to talk about. If you're talking about anime we havent finished .hack related...

I still can't finish ROOTS.

Is there a reason behind it?
Were you only able to watch the Televised episodes?

On the contrary, the story wasn't paced properly and it was trying to be SIGN while failing...
Princess of the Crows
Javier Cross
Princess of the Crows
I don't quite get the lack of conversation topics here. However, it all depends on what era and such you want to talk about. If you're talking about anime we havent finished .hack related...

On the contrary, the story wasn't paced properly and it was trying to be SIGN while failing...

Actually I just recalled that it was carrying on the darker tones noted in SIGN, Legend of The Twilight Bracelet lacks this with the Anime, I find.

Vermillion Bibliophile

Javier Cross

The Princess of the Crows brought us the link before, I might think to find a place to preserve it for future purposes.

We may as well be doing that, though it'll be competing against a lot of First-Person Shooters, most of the Current ones lacking any real depth whatsoever.(I'm not gonna lie, I do appreciate that Sakuya looks like Miku, but blast it that's not my primary motif behind being intrigued by dot hack//Quantum's cast, for crying outloud. crying )
(We'll also have to do the same for The World of Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy as well, but that's a matter for another time.)
No matter how hard we try or how hard we fight, it doesn't seem to be working, right?

He used to be so happy, despite getting hit with that kind of thing, what the hell happened?
The Journey itself is rather twisted in retrospect, but couldn't the same be said of the likes of Cu Chulainn of old Celtic tales, legends and myths for that matter?(Hence why the comparisons to Hounds and Black Cats in particular are a must.)
The G.U Era I often see as a Perfected response to the final 3 Potter-world volumes in the septimology, its also more than just that, but that part is most obvious to me.

Truth be told, short of anyone from the Potter-world or The Dresden Files worth their salt, I can't say I recall anyone who was prepared for that sort of task all their lives.

Maybe a select few people from The World of Madoka Magica, but any in particular would be best-suited for the spoiler tags to list out, if we wanna find out which resident from that world has common grounds with Haseo.(Alas that too is saved for another time.

Ah, okay. I found it.

I had a worker at GameStop laughing when I made a comment like that. (Ah, I see. Then what is the primary reason?)

He lost his memories and a large portion of his childhood along with it. (Life is cruel.)
Well, yeah, if you look at it that way...
I suppose so.

Darn Kite, disappearing on us.
It's a rare quality in characters.
Yes, yes. Magical Girls, Witches, Contracts, a virus of sorts in a video game, and a whole box of Spoiler.
Zero the Crimson
Javier Cross

Maybe a select few people from The World of Madoka Magica, but any in particular would be best-suited for the spoiler tags to list out, if we wanna find out which resident from that world has common grounds with Haseo.(Alas that too is saved for another time.)

Ah, okay. I found it.

I had a worker at GameStop laughing when I made a comment like that. (Ah, I see. Then what is the primary reason?)

He lost his memories and a large portion of his childhood along with it. (Life is cruel.)
Well, yeah, if you look at it that way...
I suppose so.

Darn Kite, disappearing on us.
It's a rare quality in characters.
Yes, yes. Magical Girls, Witches, Contracts, a virus of sorts in a video game, and a whole box of Spoiler.

That is a relief you recalled where to look.

Which part?
The part on Most Modern-Day FPS games lacking actual depth, these days, or the fact the dot hack games would get their dang hands full with competing with the majority of them?
(The primary reason is more or less how much Sakuya and her companions care about one another, as even with just the Anime alone its rather prevalent, shame we might never be able to read dot hack//Quantum+ at some point, though, I'd have liked to read more of the side-stories.)

Its as if he got reduced to the counterpart to South Park's own Kenny when he first debuted,
it took until the final episodes of the first half of Roots for him to actually get better about it and not die so rapidly.(Like it was Dark Souls before Dark Souls was a reality as a video game.)
Cu Chulainn even wounded up slaying one of the people in his family before he was made aware of the fact, if that isn't messed-up then I don't know what is.(Well among other things of course.)
Its kind of funny he might be more a cat person, and yet at times he switches between Black Cat to Snow Dog in terms of the kind of presence he has.

He vanished for the entire G.U era, he might have re-appeared in the R:X era in dot hack//Link, but Link and its sequels wasn't released across the globe, which is where the main problem lies.
Nowadays it is, you got Yata who's prepared for life and death to save everything he loves about The World, but apart from him or Zelkova, there doesn't seem to be that many for the most part, at least at first.
Wonder where to begin on either the Main Anime's cast alone or in regards to the Spin-off Manga cast, like the one from Kazumi Magica by chance.

Be prepared to get a spoiler tag box ready for just the Main Anime and the Manga spin-offs alone if need be, okay?

Vermillion Bibliophile

Javier Cross

Which part?
The part on Most Modern-Day FPS games lacking actual depth, these days, or the fact the dot hack games would get their dang hands full with competing with the majority of them?
(The primary reason is more or less how much Sakuya and her companions care about one another, as even with just the Anime alone its rather prevalent, shame we might never be able to read dot hack//Quantum+ at some point, though, I'd have liked to read more of the side-stories.)

Its as if he got reduced to the counterpart to South Park's own Kenny when he first debuted,
it took until the final episodes of the first half of Roots for him to actually get better about it and not die so rapidly.(Like it was Dark Souls before Dark Souls was a reality as a video game.)
Cu Chulainn even wounded up slaying one of the people in his family before he was made aware of the fact, if that isn't messed-up then I don't know what is.(Well among other things of course.)
Its kind of funny he might be more a cat person, and yet at times he switches between Black Cat to Snow Dog in terms of the kind of presence he has.

He vanished for the entire G.U era, he might have re-appeared in the R:X era in dot hack//Link, but Link and its sequels wasn't released across the globe, which is where the main problem lies.
Nowadays it is, you got Yata who's prepared for life and death to save everything he loves about The World, but apart from him or Zelkova, there doesn't seem to be that many for the most part, at least at first.
Wonder where to begin on either the Main Anime's cast alone or in regards to the Spin-off Manga cast, like the one from Kazumi Magica by chance.

Be prepared to get a spoiler tag box ready for just the Main Anime and the Manga spin-offs alone if need be, okay?

Well, yeah, when you said it was stated by someone else it took me a moment before I thought to look back at some of the posts. (I tend to not pay much attention when I'm in a rush, which seems to be a lot lately.)

The part about FPS lacking depth.
Ah, I see.

That's a rather comically accurate way to look at it. (don't get me started on Dark Souls)
No, I'd say that's pretty messed up.
Hm..Can't say I've ever actually noticed that before.

Can we really say he vanished? I mean maybe he just moved to an area with no internet.
Precisely. Even in other series with lesser or greater stakes you don't see that many characters (even mains) with that type of characteristic.
I finally remember why Kazumi Magica sounds so familiar (aside from the whole spinoff/madoka magica thing.)

Right-o.
Zero the Crimson
Javier Cross

Which part?

Well, yeah, when you said it was stated by someone else it took me a moment before I thought to look back at some of the posts. (I tend to not pay much attention when I'm in a rush, which seems to be a lot lately.)

The part about FPS lacking depth.
Ah, I see.

That's a rather comically accurate way to look at it. (don't get me started on Dark Souls)
No, I'd say that's pretty messed up.
Hm..Can't say I've ever actually noticed that before.

Can we really say he vanished? I mean maybe he just moved to an area with no internet.
Precisely. Even in other series with lesser or greater stakes you don't see that many characters (even mains) with that type of characteristic.
I finally remember why Kazumi Magica sounds so familiar (aside from the whole spinoff/madoka magica thing.)

Right-o.

Are you feeling okay, to be sure?

PlanetSide 2 and a few other Modern FPS games being the exception rather than the rule, because I doubt that comment would have been necessary if it wasn't true these days, right?
That said, I still enjoy hearing about Sakuya, still. -///-

All those ways to die Haseo stumbled across, its surprising he didn't die during that ambush against a Twin blade lady in one of those episodes, its like trying to imagine Harry J. Potter during volumes 5-7 in the septimology or Harry Dresden in his earliest fight-worthy years going through all those deaths at once. (Dark Souls have you dying a lot, doesn't it?Wonder if the G.U era also inspired a lot of those ways to die that were prevalent in Demon Souls and Dark Souls, yet Dark Souls and its predecessor perfected it.)
Wonder if his life was inspired by Cu Chulainn, by chance, as the only time we hear of him in Anime is if we're talking Fate/Stay Night these days, actually.(Don't get me wrong, that series remembers he's Badass but still, so much more than just that would have been nice.)
Also a Raven at times with his presence.

As far as The World R:2 or the G.U era in general's concerned, he vanished for a time.
The Entire World during the G.U era had to either learn/re-learn that or watch The World fall apart, fall to its knees and watch it Burn, really.
So between the Main Anime or Kazumi Magica, which one you wanna talk about, in terms of common grounds with dot hack, first?

Get ready with those boxes once you make the call!

Scompiglio's Wife

Javier Cross
Princess of the Crows
Javier Cross
Princess of the Crows

Actually I just recalled that it was carrying on the darker tones noted in SIGN, Legend of The Twilight Bracelet lacks this with the Anime, I find.

Hmm... well, LOTB's anime isn't canon. Up to Tanabata, it is. After that, it is entirely non-canon.

ROOTS being dark is one thing... but SIGN controlled and paced the story. And while comparing it is inevitable, it feels like ROOTS went for more shock than pacing the shock so each episode made sense.

That and ROOTS wasn't necessary to understand the main story of .hack//GU's trilogy. It was good to have, but not necessary.

Vermillion Bibliophile

Javier Cross

PlanetSide 2 and a few other Modern FPS games being the exception rather than the rule, because I doubt that comment would have been necessary if it wasn't true these days, right?

All those ways to die Haseo stumbled across, its surprising he didn't die during that ambush against a Twin blade lady in one of those episodes, its like trying to imagine Harry J. Potter during volumes 5-7 in the septimology or Harry Dresden in his earliest fight-worthy years going through all those deaths at once. (Dark Souls have you dying a lot, doesn't it?Wonder if the G.U era also inspired a lot of those ways to die that were prevalent in Demon Souls and Dark Souls, yet Dark Souls and its predecessor perfected it.)
Wonder if his life was inspired by Cu Chulainn, by chance, as the only time we hear of him in Anime is if we're talking Fate/Stay Night these days, actually.(Don't get me wrong, that series remembers he's Badass but still, so much more than just that would have been nice.)

As far as The World R:2 or the G.U era in general's concerned, he vanished for a time.
The Entire World during the G.U era had to either learn/re-learn that or watch The World fall apart, fall to its knees and watch it Burn, really.
So between the Main Anime or Kazumi Magica, which one you wanna talk about, in terms of common grounds with dot hack, first?

I honestly can't tell anymore. Between temperature changes and sleep deprivation, I may be losing it, for all I know.

Well, with most of the big title games pretty much being the exact same thing as the previous one and completely skipping the single player story, focusing on multiplayer...yeah.
Fair enough.

He'd have been gone in an instant in SAO.
I think that's more human imagination, considering you can think up a million and one ways to die simply out of fear, paranoia, or boredom.
Good question. (True. Shame too, he was a rather interesting character...then again almost all of them were.)

Alrighty then.
Eh, I'm all for the latter.
Your call, though again I've never actually noticed any dominant similarities.
Zero the Crimson
Javier Cross

I honestly can't tell anymore. Between temperature changes and sleep deprivation, I may be losing it, for all I know.

Well, with most of the big title games pretty much being the exact same thing as the previous one and completely skipping the single player story, focusing on multiplayer...yeah.
Fair enough.

He'd have been gone in an instant in SAO.
I think that's more human imagination, considering you can think up a million and one ways to die simply out of fear, paranoia, or boredom.
Good question. (True. Shame too, he was a rather interesting character...then again almost all of them were.)

Alrighty then.
Eh, I'm all for the latter.
Your call, though again I've never actually noticed any dominant similarities.

I thought I was the only one with that kind of problem. sad

Even the latest Call of Duty games like Advanced Warfighter or the like left out the Single Player story-lines, like Battlefield without a story-line at all, its just marginally better about it than the latest Call of Duty games over the fact.(Minus Battlefield's insane scale to justify it, said scale is only rivaled if not outdone by PlanetSide 2, which has more of a story-line to it.)
Mary, Tobias and Sakuya are a fun gang. ^_^

If Haseo, Harry J. Potter or Harry Dresden do not watch themselves or have a stroke of sheer luck keeping them afloat at first?
YIKES! O__O
Like with that 'Thousand Ways to Die' tv series that's more popular on Spike than it is at the moment.
Such a powerful Raven. (I can kind of see where Haseo's earliest days have the potency of dying so frequently from, since his life is apparently inspired by Cu Chulainn's own, wonder if he'd be an Archer, a Lancer or a Berserker-type Servant if we went with F/SN Logic, even as a Caster he could be interesting though not to the obvious degrees of Original!-Kite or Helba.
Why does F/SN Lancer die so often?)

Took the Original!-Kite long enough to make a return, except it got cut off from the rest of the world when it wasn't meant to be so, now here we are. sad
The learning/re-learning will be difficult to do.
Shall I get started?

(Spoilers for Madoka Magica in general*not necessarily the movies since most of us have yet to see them* and dot hack, in fact.)

Mind beginning with Haseo and Homura Akemi, in particular for instance?
This baby deserves a revitalizing, really.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff