Supreme Hero

27,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
Crystal Mizuka
V i c e y
I'm not going to hold my breath.
I'm already disappointed they're not doing an actual show and I'm far from happy about the art style especially how the Digimon look. I'll watch it because I'm a fan but other than that my expectations are extremely low. I'd love to see a second Tamers.

I'm really only speculating. My expectations are cautiously optimistic at best. But I love Digimon and I'll do my best to have fun with whatever they decide to throw at us.

A second Tamers could be interesting, but whether or not such a thing is even possible depends on whether or not the reunion with the partner digimon can really be considered as canon. I know the whole Runaway Locomon movie is a point of contention for many fans and many would like to uphold the integrity of the series's downer ending. Not myself personally, but then I'm in the minority simply for enjoying every continuity.

I'm a HUGE Digimon fan to the point I used to write fanfiction and even created my own partner and had a decent RP going on Gaia for awhile. I might actually revive it since the other Digimon RP's have died off and were very creative.

Omnipresent Traveler

V i c e y
I'm a HUGE Digimon fan to the point I used to write fanfiction and even created my own partner and had a decent RP going on Gaia for awhile. I might actually revive it since the other Digimon RP's have died off and were very creative.

Heh, I've dabbled in fanfiction, created numerous original digimon both for use as partners or to exist as their own separate characters, and I've done an insane amount of role-playing both on and off Gaia going all the way back to my early days in Yahoo chatrooms in 2001. I even have a wonderful co-conspirator whose antics have accompanied mine pretty much from the beginning so we have a lot of characters with a lot of history. And we still come up with brilliantly twisted ideas for how to compromise the safety of some iteration of the digital world to get our fix. Of course, lately he's been having a bad bout of writer's block so we've been taking a break from our particular brand of lunacy, but I sometimes venture out to explore what others are coming up with.

I tend to get a bit overwhelmed by large group RP's though. I'm what you might call a utility player, able to alternate between "main character" and "background character" types with relative ease. While it comes in handy for a series like Digimon where there is frequently a vital need for support characters to populate the digital world (and to be killed off mercilessly by the other players), it generally gets out of hand when I have to respond to a large number of players all interacting with a different character. @_@ emotion_sweatdrop

But, in spite of that, ever since the announcement of Digimon Adventure Tri, I have been rather tempted to instigate something just for fun. The difficulty is in deciding which evil scheme, exactly, to utilize. I do other fandoms from time to time too, but Digimon has always been my passion when it comes to RP.

Cesihl's Prince

Supreme Hero

27,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
Crystal Mizuka
V i c e y

Heh, I've dabbled in fanfiction, created numerous original digimon both for use as partners or to exist as their own separate characters, and I've done an insane amount of role-playing both on and off Gaia going all the way back to my early days in Yahoo chatrooms in 2001. I even have a wonderful co-conspirator whose antics have accompanied mine pretty much from the beginning so we have a lot of characters with a lot of history. And we still come up with brilliantly twisted ideas for how to compromise the safety of some iteration of the digital world to get our fix. Of course, lately he's been having a bad bout of writer's block so we've been taking a break from our particular brand of lunacy, but I sometimes venture out to explore what others are coming up with.

I tend to get a bit overwhelmed by large group RP's though. I'm what you might call a utility player, able to alternate between "main character" and "background character" types with relative ease. While it comes in handy for a series like Digimon where there is frequently a vital need for support characters to populate the digital world (and to be killed off mercilessly by the other players), it generally gets out of hand when I have to respond to a large number of players all interacting with a different character. @_@ emotion_sweatdrop

But, in spite of that, ever since the announcement of Digimon Adventure Tri, I have been rather tempted to instigate something just for fun. The difficulty is in deciding which evil scheme, exactly, to utilize. I do other fandoms from time to time too, but Digimon has always been my passion when it comes to RP.

I had a long running fanfic I stopped doing called Digimon: Alpha Virus. I never got to it's conclusion...I may revive it as an RP and change it's name. My RPs tend to have few players because I put certain rules in place that most people hate. My two RPs of choice are Digimon and Superheroes. My rules tend to be original Digimon only and no telepathy/healing allowed.
XD

Omnipresent Traveler

V i c e y
I had a long running fanfic I stopped doing called Digimon: Alpha Virus. I never got to it's conclusion...I may revive it as an RP and change it's name. My RPs tend to have few players because I put certain rules in place that most people hate. My two RPs of choice are Digimon and Superheroes. My rules tend to be original Digimon only and no telepathy/healing allowed.
XD

Yeah, I can see how those restrictions might drive people away. Not everyone is a fan of original digimon. I generally prefer to allow a combination of official and original digimon because it can give an RP more diversity. It's interesting to see people get creative with digivolution compatibility to make a line for their favorite prospective partner. Of course, there are a lot of fans out there who would abuse the privilege of choosing an official digimon as a partner just to have one they perceive to be the most powerful and that gets boring fast, but not everyone is like that so I try not to be overly restrictive about limiting the digimon selection. And, when I'm coordinating with people I've done RP's with before I tend to let them use their own best judgement in determining what their characters are capable of so long as it doesn't hinder the plot or setting.

But, we're getting off track here. So...

Anyone think we might see a cameo from Willis and his twin digimon in Tri?

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Crystal Mizuka

Anyone think we might see a cameo from Willis and his twin digimon in Tri?

I highly doubt it.
I think Willis played his part through in the first movie.
It would have been a perfect opportunity to see him again in the 02 World Tour arc though.

Friendly Dreamer

Crystal Mizuka

Unfortunately, Ken and especially Ryo's story is the point where the whole Digimon multiverse got pretty messy. After all, Ryo was created as the protagonist in a series of video games tied very loosely to the events of the anime until his cameo appearance in Zero Two. Even then, he was only actually mentioned by name in the Zero Two manga adaptation. He was popular enough that he was given a larger role in the events of Tamers, but then delving too much into that is just opening up a whole other can of worms. I mean, his story is fascinating and I would love to see it fully fleshed out in anime form, but at the same time I think that's kind of like wanting them to do an anime version of V-Tamer. It's something that has the potential to be amazing, but it doesn't fit with whatever they actually have planned for the anime.

As for pleasing everyone... it's just not going to happen. The Digimon franchise is just too divisive to produce something that will please everyone and there are always going to be those cutthroat fans who simply won't be pleased by anything new or different. It doesn't actually matter how good or bad the new series is. Once the nostalgia lenses come off, it's going to become a metaphorical bloodbath once the fans start finding bits to nitpick about. If, by some miracle, Digimon Adventure Tri manages to live up to everyone's expectations, it will be a first.

I'm not saying that they will actually include his story in these movies. I just thought that it would be nice to see. Also since this is AU anything is possible. The manga adaptations and games have always been very different from the anime. I think this is why there is room for divergence.

I know that there is no pleasing everyone, but I think I'm in the minority for not wanting 02 to exist. When I say please everyone I just mean please the majority of fans.

Wrathful Shade

Ohh an Omnimon/Alphamon fight. This looks very promising.

High-functioning Giver

13,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
I was wondering when they'd release actual video. For the longest time, or it seemed like it lol, there was a single image! Is it...a series though or is it a movie? I'd prefer a series, but I'd be ok with a film as well. I'm just so glad they're continuing with the first group of digi-destin children!

Oooh man, luuuv the new art style <3

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Kit Katy
I was wondering when they'd release actual video. For the longest time, or it seemed like it lol, there was a single image! Is it...a series though or is it a movie? I'd prefer a series, but I'd be ok with a film as well. I'm just so glad they're continuing with the first group of digi-destin children!

Oooh man, luuuv the new art style <3

From what I've read, it seems to be six separate OVA films.

Omnipresent Traveler

So, a new teaser trailer is out now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIGcjZ2nxbI

One thing that really stands out now that we've gotten more footage is that the designs for the digimon, Kuwagamon in particular, are much closer to the official Bandai artwork than the Toei style used in previous Digimon anime releases.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Crystal Mizuka

One thing that really stands out now that we've gotten more footage is that the designs for the digimon, Kuwagamon in particular, are much closer to the official Bandai artwork than the Toei style used in previous Digimon anime releases.

I've seen that! I was pretty excited by the designs of the characters and their Digimon.
Looks like we have a handful of new, potential DigiDestine?

Omnipresent Traveler

x Karurie x
Crystal Mizuka

I've seen that! I was pretty excited by the designs of the characters and their Digimon.
Looks like we have a handful of new, potential DigiDestine?

Well, by the final battle in Zero Two, there were already hundreds of digidestined and partner digimon from around the world. But the key feature here is the digivice. Anyone who became a digidestined after the final battle with Malo Myotismon would have received a D3 model digivice automatically once that became the standard. Meaning that anyone using the original model digivice must have become a digidestined before that point. So that would mean there are plenty more digidestined who might have become digidestined around the same time as the original digidestined or even in-between/during Adventure and Zero Two. They simply haven't been encountered until now. And, if any of these new digidestined prove to be antagonistic, they've potentially had years to set their plans in motion.

From the details we've seen in the trailer alone we can determine that the boundary between the dimensions has become extremely unstable for Greymon to be able to accidentally shove Kuwagamon through a rift from the digital world onto an airstrip in the real world without the aid of a proper gate. Meaning that the barrier of protection that surrounds the digital world, rebuilt by Oikawa's sacrifice after the final battle in Zero Two, is no longer sufficient or has already been severely damaged, if not outright destroyed. If rogue digimon can just bust through into the real world unimpeded by the dimensional boundary, then the original digidestined and any others who might appear are really going to have their hands full. Unless, of course, one or more of those other digidestined are deliberately orchestrating this sort of chaos.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff