Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Raider

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGiE10zNQM
RWBY is an "anime/mmd" series on YouTube about a team of four girls named Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladona, and Yang Xiao Long.Each representing their own colors of Red, White, Black, and Yellow.It's really action packed full of laughs and everything an anime is supposed to have. Here I posted the first episode for those who are interested or haven't seen it yet. Season 2 is predicted to be released around July this year (2014) Hope you enjoy! emotion_omnomnom

Partying Reveler

No thank you..

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

»»» I hated the trailers when they came out, and the first few episodes did nothing to change my opinion. neutral

" I did everything you asked! "

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
I watched the first four or so episodes but I didn't really like it. The character designs are cool, but I found the characters themselves to be a bit of a cliché. Didn't like the voices either. I'm sure if I was young and hadn't seen much anime yet I would have liked it.

Greedy Cat

Only thing good is the music. Everything else is laughably bad. Sorry man.

Quotable Raider

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Rumnut
Only thing good is the music. Everything else is laughably bad. Sorry man.

It's all good. I can already tell a lot of people don't like it but I do give it credit for the music though. I still like it in my opinion. The fight scenes are pretty cool.

11,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
I dig it, and I find it kinda fun. Yeah, the voices suck a bit, but I'm willing to put up with them. Plus, if you ever listen to the very first episodes of RT's Red vs Blue, the voices are really s**t, and when you hear them now it's kinda hard to believe that it's the same guys supplying the voices.

Given time, the voices may actually adapt into something good.

Beloved Lunatic

36,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
I thought it was pretty good and I liked the music for it (and the trailers and fight scenes too), also that the characters are based off of fairy tales and they're weapons are very cool. My two favorite funny scenes have to be when Ruby is introduced and "the combat skirt". I've seen it out on dvd in the store, go him ^_^.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

It's s**t, and I'll hold an opinion of it being worse than s**t until Monty admits he doesn't know how the ******** fencing works instead of trying to bullshit it and claim he knows what he's doing.

Am I bitter? Yes.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I actually think the writing in this show was pretty weak. The action scenes were awesome, though.

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I enjoy the series so far.

Familiar Phantom

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Honestly I think this is a case similar to how Red vs. Blue started. In short Rooster Teeth is still figuring out what exactly what they want to do and are trying to initially introduce the characters, plot, and world. On top of that this is Monty Oum's first attempt at telling a cohesive story (that I know of anyway.) Also Rooster Teeth isn't a large company with a great deal of budget and technical know-how.

That said the show is still rather good given the circumstances. The characters started cliché' but have been fleshed out rather nicely. The combat is highly stylized and over the top in a way that is fun to watch. Finally, the music is done very well.

In the end it's a very love it or hate it series. I know I'm asking for heavy trolling for being in the former category but I'm really looking forward to volume two.

Sparkly Gekko

I like it despite its flaws. My enjoyment of it has a lot to do with the music and the fight scenes and not so much to do with the characters or plot.

Gracious Flatterer

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I actually quite like the show, don't find the need to critique it at all c:

Interesting Spirit

6,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
Well, what do you guys expect? They just started this, give them time and room to improve.
I love the show and I'm really excited to see Volume 2 come out sometime in June [July?]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff