Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay. Anyone else notice the removal of Danny Phantom from Netflix? Rumor has it was because of the show returning(though it's doubtful). stare

What I wanna talk about is,whether anyone thinks the show should be soft rebooted and how much and in which ways? How would it look? Who would make it? Also if DP would do well with live-action movies and how they would go about.(should there be some sort of poll for this topic?)

I'm thinking Marvel, they'll somehow keep the powers "realistic" and keep Danny relatable. and as long as they keep ghosts as ghosts. As for movie setup, basically~

Movie 1: Introductions, Danny gets his powers ala portal and is trying not to lose it. First fight could be Box Ghost? And the fanfavorite Skulker will be the boss at the end of the film.(with a little Vlad peek/tease at the end of Vlad curious on how his hench got beat up and decides he wants to "catch up" with his college buddies)

That's all I got, there's lot's of stuff and too many characters to cover(Danielle, Walker, Freak Show, GiW, Ghost King, Dan, etc.) Though having a rebooted show could cover most of that. 3nodding

Tell me what you guys think?

Sweet Star

I feel like if they're ever gonna make a live-action Danny Phantom movie, they're gonna make it one shown on TV like they did for Fairly Odd Parents

and if that's ever going to be the case, I'd rather they have no movie at all
Can't deny that...And the budget for the ghost powers surely wouldn't cut it. :T Honesty, the best I hope for is like 5 or 10 years from now a Danny Phantom fan succeeds in pitching a movie to Marvel or something. 'XP

Hm. It'll be interesting when the early 2000 shows become "classics" and suddenly need reboots.

Invisible Star

12,450 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Nickelodeon said in the past that it has ended support for any new episodes of the series so its not likely we'll see anything new. As for them removing the episodes from Netflix, that should be no surprise since they removed the repeats of the series on Nicktoons last year as well.
Ah well, I am more hoping for someone different taking up the series, but all of it is very unlikely. 'XP

Firebreathing Duck

6,625 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
If they ever do a live
action flick of DP, I will
rip out my own eyes
just to never see any
images of it online
or tv....

I know Butch does
want to do more
just he can not do
much unless Nick
lets go of
the rights or loosens
their hold on them
sadly,. crying
Cracker Fairy
If they ever do a live
action flick of DP, I will
rip out my own eyes
just to never see any
images of it online
or tv....

I know Butch does
want to do more
just he can not do
much unless Nick
lets go of
the rights or loosens
their hold on them
sadly,. crying

Don't hurt your face! :0 Yeesh, rights issues with the big companies are like... sweatdrop

Firebreathing Duck

6,625 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
Zurime

Well its one of few those
cartoons i can re watch and
like and stuff once a year.
Cracker Fairy
Zurime

Well its one of few those
cartoons i can re watch and
like and stuff once a year.

Once a year, like a holiday.

Firebreathing Duck

6,625 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
Zurime

Yah, like tmnt
for me and all
and some good
child hood loves!

Phantom

If they ever were to make a live-action movie, it should be bigger than that. If I were to go about it, I'd aim for late season 1, early season 2 plot (and yeah, loads of characters and storylines would be cut out of it - when you're adapting to a different medium, make it good for that medium, which means making sacrifices on things from the original medium). Danny would already have his powers (just like in the series), but there would be flashbacks early on to show how he got them. Vlad would be introduced. And I'm thinking Public Enemies / Reign Storm for the climax of it. You know, major ghost invasion. It goes with being a big action film.
PrettyKoala
If they ever were to make a live-action movie, it should be bigger than that. If I were to go about it, I'd aim for late season 1, early season 2 plot (and yeah, loads of characters and storylines would be cut out of it - when you're adapting to a different medium, make it good for that medium, which means making sacrifices on things from the original medium). Danny would already have his powers (just like in the series), but there would be flashbacks early on to show how he got them. Vlad would be introduced. And I'm thinking Public Enemies / Reign Storm for the climax of it. You know, major ghost invasion. It goes with being a big action film.

Yup. I get that. 3nodding There'd be a lot of flangling going on and there'd need to be quite the budget. Honestly the series is very comic book like with all the canon to go through....
That's a good climax idea. And if it did well the rest may be explored anyway.
It would be exciting if it got a reboot. I always wanted DP to take itself a little more seriously. Picking up where it left off seems like a bad idea, since Danny's identity is revealed and that horrible ending with Vlad... chucking him into space. Pfft, bullshit. I would love for there to be a sequel to Ultimate Enemy, Dan is an amazing character.
Parasol Witch
It would be exciting if it got a reboot. I always wanted DP to take itself a little more seriously. Picking up where it left off seems like a bad idea, since Danny's identity is revealed and that horrible ending with Vlad... chucking him into space. Pfft, bullshit. I would love for there to be a sequel to Ultimate Enemy, Dan is an amazing character.

And let's not forget the plot left behind with Danielle and Valerie...Oh that Executive Meddling... neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff