Welcome to Gaia! ::

I probably would have liked it if it was not called beetle juice.

Scary Lover

19,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Creativerealms

But that's the whole point of it! O_O The main male character is a demon named Betelgeuse (spelled "Beetlejuice" for the show title since it's a pronunciation pun) who is a total prankster, and who likes things to be as gross as possible. In fact, a running joke in the series is that he can't be seen on-screen eating beetles. So the camera always shifts to someone else when he does. And beetles are his favorite thing to eat. lol
Hana_Imakura
Creativerealms

But that's the whole point of it! O_O The main male character is a demon named Betelgeuse (spelled "Beetlejuice" for the show title since it's a pronunciation pun) who is a total prankster, and who likes things to be as gross as possible. In fact, a running joke in the series is that he can't be seen on-screen eating beetles. So the camera always shifts to someone else when he does. And beetles are his favorite thing to eat. lol

Yeah but it's just comparing it to the movie makes me hate the show since its an in name only adaptation. I probably would have given the show a chance if it did not spit in the face of such a great film.

Scary Lover

19,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Creativerealms
Hana_Imakura
Creativerealms

Yeah but it's just comparing it to the movie makes me hate the show since its an in name only adaptation. I probably would have given the show a chance if it did not spit in the face of such a great film.

I see where you are coming from. XD I am usually like that, especially with the films I love most, and I am a HUGE Burton fan. So you can bet I love his Beetlejuice movie a lot, too.

I am only really okay with the cartoon being so different from the film because I loved the cartoon first. I never even heard of the film until I was like seven years old and I had watched the cartoon when I was about four and five, around the time it stopped airing.

When the film came on, I was super disappointed that it wasn't the cartoon. But I watched it again when I was 13, when I was first discovering the magic of Tim Burton films, and fell in love with it's overall design. smile And since the cartoon wasn't airing and wasn't on DVD yet, I went for about six years just with the movie. But then I had to get a new DVD of it and this one came with a few episodes of the cartoon. I watched them and was reminded of how much I missed it and loved it growing up, so I checked it out on Youtube. Unfortunately, I was too into anime still at the time to really give it a try. But just a year or two ago, in my second year of college, I remembered it and decided to check it out again. Oh Lord, I was hooked then. lol It became my obsession for a few months. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff