Hey there! Alright, so I've thought up a few questions to ask yourself to get to know your character a bit better.
• What is her opinion of the Daleks?
• What is her opinion on the (Last) Great Time War?
• Did she fight in the Time War? If so, how did she survive? Make sure her position in the war relates somehow to her major at the Academy (see below). If she's a historian she's not going to suddenly be a foot soldier. However, there were also training programs available for potential soldiers, so perhaps she was enlisted in one of those.
• What did she major in at the Academy? Think about her intelligence level first. What career do you think she would like the most? If she's smart, perhaps a scientist or physicist, with a major in certain theoretical ideas or what not, advanced though. Or maybe she's more of a pacifist type, and would prefer to study Gallifrey's flora and fauna (Scroll down to the bottom for a full list). Of course, history is also an option, and she could choose either the long and complicated history of Gallifrey, (url=http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Gallifreyan_history]Link) or another planet's history, perhaps Earth or just the human race in general (Earth studies would also have to include the Silurians). My character, for example, is a scientist with a major in time vortex studies, and a minor in predestination paradox theory.
• When she did live on Gallifrey relative to the Doctor? Before he graduated, after he graduated, you could even make them in the same class, even if their age difference is huge, it might not have been then.
• Did she know any of the major Time Lords? (The Doctor, the Master, the Rani, Susan, Romana, etc. etc.)
I think that should be enough to keep you busy for a little while. c: I understand if this is a lot to take in at once, but deal with it one question at a time. Trust me, if you emerge from this with a steady grasp on your character, you're well on your way to developing her further. You might want to also jot down little notes that you think up about her personality, her likes and dislikes, etc.
Once you're all done, take this test. You won't be able to fill everything in accurately, because you're still not done developing the character, but after you answer the questions thoroughly you'll have enough for it to tell you if you're heading in the right direction or not.
If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to drop a comment or PM me.
Oh, that's no problem at all! I have to go now, but if you'd like, I could chat with you for a little while later and help you figure some more stuff out. Who knows, I might just learn a bit more about the Fox as well! I'll drop you a comment next time I'm on.
Hey well maybe I could help you out a bit. Her name doesn't have to be the strongest thing she feels, or her one true wish: the Master wasn't evil until years after he'd left the Academy, and already chosen his name. The Corsair, another example, is an kind-hearted adventurer, referred to by the Doctor as 'one of the good ones', though his name means pirate. It could match her personality, or just a little knick-knack she'd fond of. Or an animal. You could always just give her a regular name, like Susan or Romana did (I don't think they went through the Academy though).
Haha, mine chose her name because she was ginger in that regeneration XD
And, I thought they chose their names upon graduation from the Academy? I seem to remember that most of the Time Lords had non-title names, or nicknames at least, when they were all in school before graduation. The Doctor was Theta Sigma, the Master was Koschei, the Rani was Ushas, etc.
Lol I have her whole backstory pretty well-thought out, even got her major and everything c:
Avatar Theme - None
Twisted Time Lord
Last Login: 04/17/2014 2:12 pm
Occupation: Security Guard
I'm a great big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey......stuff.