○ Dianna Wynne Jones: simple vocabulary, detailed descriptions, whimsical undertones, both witty and silly humor.
○ Megan Whalen Turner: a knack for breaking stereotypes, for attempting to get away with as much as a writer's skill can provide, for plot-twists, for cultural backgrounds, for character variety. A sense of balance where actions are followed by consequences.
○ Cynthia Voigt: simple vocabulary, character development, inner strength, connection between characters, breaking social norms and boundaries, rooting for the underdogs.
○ Mary Stewart: sentiment, aesthetics, flowing script, level-headed characters, characters who know and are content with certain limitations, situations being out of one's control or desire.
○ Miyamoto Kano: wallflower characters, connecting characters, slice-of-life tones, realism, realistic characters.