AboutOf Dragons and Family
My house is a dragon’s cave and my mother is the dragon.
She guards her cave
Shining and glittering
The timeless strength and wisdom
Her immense aura fills the halls
Looking at her eyes you’re lost in her knowledge
Her teeth and claws glitter in her anger, sharp, steady
Always she appears fantastic
Glamorous and sparkling
She outshines all her surroundings.
In the corner of this cave lies my brother,
Hiding in the darkness
Wishing to disappear
Forgotten and rusting like armour of the defeated knight
He bears the brunt of the dragon’s anger
He incurs her wrath
The sparkling intellect is dulled and fading
He tries to disappear in the darkest, dirtiest corner.
Often there and people who come and go
The friends who stay
Drawn to the dragon’s wisdom
The family who are uncovered by every shift of the dragon
Uncles and cousins
Sparkling treasures taken in at a glance
To know the craftsmanship
To know them takes many years of careful study.
There are pets and children
Decorating those glittering treasures the dragon has hidden away
Sometimes they dim, lose colour
Sometimes a thief steals them away
The thief is named death
Hidden under all these things it goes back
Treasures of time spent by friends lost under new glittering beauties.
I am the egg,
That which the dragon cares for and protects
More than treasure.
I am a life force.
Soon I will break forth
A dragon in my own right
I’ll take my own glittering jewels
Move on, live, grow
A full fledged dragon, waiting to give the world something more to marvel at.
(Cited from Molly Noonan's Facebook Notes, Title: "America's Problems with Homosexual Marriage" As a Canadian supporter of "LOVE" regardless gender I am pleased to note that we have had gay marriage in this country for a long while and were displeased when the States which were allowing gay marriage then had that distinction withdrawn. Marriage is a sign of a long-term, in most cases, partnership, why does it matter what their gender is if you love them and it affects your lifestyle and future plans.)
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
5) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
6) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
Being gay is disgusting. Which is why lesbian porn isn't a 3.5 billion dollar a year industry.
7) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why there is only one religion in America.
Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
Viewing 12 of 46 friends