Hello, I'm Allison, but you can call me "Itchy." If you are curious about the origins of the name, it has nothing to do with the condition of my skin, but is rather a homophone for "Ichi," which was my nickname when my account used to be ~.ichigo.nyan.nyan.~. The older I got, though, the more painfully weebish the name sounded so I changed it. Despite the name, I do not sell hats, but I do design stuff. Currently, I'm studying Entertainment Design
at Art Center College of Design - which for those people too lazy to click on links means I'm aspiring to go into concept art. To see my art and designs please check out the links to the left.
I spend most of my time on Gaia browsing and posting in Art: Comment and Critique
and Art Discussion
. If you would like help or advice on your art, feel free to PM me or add me on one of my social networks. Moreover, if you have questions about Art Center, I would be more than happy to answer them.
The following is a list of books and websites that I find myself recommending to people often. It is here both for my reference and for anyone else interested. Most content is helpful to artists and designers of any skill level.
And always remember to use this content in tandem from life/photo studies
! No book or website can replace observation and studying!Websites
- SketchWiki: Exercises and notes on perspective and lighting based on Scott Robertson's Industrial Design curriculum at Art Center. Probably best if used in tandem with his book, "How to Draw: Drawing and Sketching Objects and Environments from your Imagination"
- Anatomy 4 Sculptors: Geometric/constructive analysis of the human body for artists looking to simplify/stylize their figures. Probably best if used in tandem with Michael Hampton's "Figure Drawing: Design and Invention."
- Gurney Journey - Hair, the Ribbon Secret: Short explanation of how to simplify and paint hair.
Pixelovely: Timed online figure drawing exercises.
- Pose Maniacs: Archive of "skinless" CG-rendered poses.
- CG Textures: Stock photo archive for digital photo-bashing/photo-texturing.
- Facity: Archive of faces categorized by country of origin for reference and photo-bashing.
- Humanae: Archive of faces with correlating Pantone colour swatches for painting/colouring people of different ethnicities.
- daFont: Font archive.
- The Noun Project: Archive of simple icons, clipart, and graphics.
- "How to Draw, Drawing and Sketching Objects and Environments from your Imagination" (Scott Robertson): Perspective, drafting, and vehicle/environment design.
- "How to Render, The Fundamentals of Light, Shadow and Reflectivity" (Scott Robertson): Shading, colouring, rendering, and showing surface/texture.
- "Figure Drawing, Design and Invention" (Michael Hampton): Geometric/constructive figure drawing and analysis.
- "Force, Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators" (Michael D. Matessi): An animation approach to gesture/figure drawing that will loosen up your figures and give them more "life." Probably best if used in tandem with Michael Hampton's "Figure Drawing: Design and Invention."
- "Force, Animal Locomotion and Design Concepts for Animators" (Michael D. Matessi): An effective approach to understanding and drawing animals.
Check back for updates. Comment if this list helped you or you just want to say "hi." PM if links are broken. Have a nice day!