1. Who are you? A random horticulture student at a random college.
2. Are you really a guy? Maybe I am,maybe I am not, but you'll never find out. Be content, I'll always be a gentleman here.
3. What is Horticulture? The industry and science of plant cultivation including the process of preparing soil for the planting of seeds, tubers, or cuttings. We're your greenhouse workers, growing your tomoatoes, your landscapers, making your Wal-Mart parking lot (and yard) pretty, your nurserymen, growing those pretty shade and fruit trees you buy at Lowes, your irrigarion guys, helping you keep your plants watered even when there are watering restrictions (loopholes yay!), your florists, supplying your weddings, anniversaries, Valentine's and funerals, and generally that large group of friendly people with green thumbs.
4. So.... you're a plant person.... Yes I am. They are green, and growing, and quite nice. They also have a great number of uses, from food to poison to medicine, to just being nice-looking and improving your atmosphere and mood.
5. This means your vegetarian? No, I actually feel just as bad about eating plants as I do animals. Plants spend their entire lives trying to get the food they need and reproduce, just like animals do. You might even say it's harder for them, since for the most part they're immobile.
5. Ok.... And why are you here even? really, what is the point of you joining Gaia? To spread a little fun, give a little help to those with failing plants, and some interesting facts about general horticulture topics. May seem boring to some when you think on it, but I'm here to make it seem neat, and I'm certain some people are at a loss for what to do when their plants starts to droop, and might want a little advice to help their vegetable garden grow better. I've got a bit of knowledge to help you out, so here I am. I also heard you have a decent roleplaying community, which I am out of practice of, but do enjoy. I am not here as an ad, I'm here to rp, and to help the community a bit if anyone needs it.
6. So I can ask you, like, anything? Well, not anything, I'm not giving out personal real life information here, but I do enjoy chatting. You can also feel free to ask me any plant or horticulture industry related question you have, whether you're serious or just curious. I don't claim to know everything, but I do know a number of people that can help me answer the questions I don't know myself.
Horti is: My sincere and deepest apologies for my absence, RL has caught me and still has quite a hold. I will check in as I can but I will be reducing my shop venturing significantly.
Garden Chores - to be done in no particular order
1. TIH - End/logg Making Inkjars class 2. TIH - Tag For the Love of Green 3. TIH - Tag Do I know you? 4. TIH - Tag Just Looking About 5. TIH - Tag Whoops, Sorry!
things I need to Say
I've discovered though I'm prone to randomly disappear for random stretches of time, ranging from a week to half a year. This I think is a combination of my add, my tendency to overstretch myself on bc shops here (I feel inclined to help my friends by helping their new shops and get myself in mental hot water with too much relying on me.) So here I say now, I love you, but please don't drag me to new places, it's partial cause to my disappearances with real life kicking in as well.
*sigh* It's a rather long and...humiliating story. My pride would have prevented me from saying under ordinary circumstances, but I've been trapped here far too long to bother with that now. Besides...it's kind of refreshing that someone would be curious enough to ask.
The short of it is that I was caught and stuck in here by a Nobody, if you would believe that. Prior, I had a feeling I was getting too soft, involving myself with mortals as I was... I guess foolish humans are too absurdly fascinating in their illogical and emotionally-influenced choices that I got caught up in their shenanigans. I started granting wishes for fun because I was bored and, you know, humans rarely ever wish for what they really want. Unfortunately, these 'Nobody' creatures realized I could start granting their wishes too, so one of them decided to chain me up and lock me in here until a wish could be decided.
Blah blah blah...they came to the realization I couldn't actually grant them their main wish - to regain their hearts - for a number of reasons, including the fact that they need a desire to make a wish (and a heart is needed to house a desire). So then they decided to use me as bait until the other mortals I...associated myself with came to find me. Slow-witted as they are, they have yet to discover which world and dungeon I am currently residing in and it's not in my power to tell them. -_-
I still have my mirror, so I can do little things like watch others from afar, but no big spells. Chancing upon Halloween Town in my boredom, I discovered there were other fae who resided there, including your charming young friend, Billy Goat.
And yourself? How might have you chanced upon Halloween Town? Was that purely through your connections with Mr. Goat~?