- Last Login
- 12/02/2016 3:12 pm
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Member Since
- In Mister Dalliard's Office
- Favorite Movies/Anime
- The Elephant Man Corpse Bride Sweeney Todd The Importance of Being Earnest V for Vendetta The Scarlet Letter The English Patient The Illusionist The Picture of Dorian Gray Wilde Hotel Rwanda Apocalypse Now The Hunchback of Notre Dame Girl Interrupted Black Adder V Peter's Friends Memento One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Hamlet Othello The Phantom of the Opera (original) The Blues Brothers Doctor Zhivago The Rocky Horror Picture Show Shock Treatment
- Favorite TV Shows
- Dexter Monty Python's Flying Circus Mystery Diagnosis The Venture Brothers Jeeves & Wooster A Bit of Fry and Laurie Black Adder QuiteInteresting Frankenhole Six Feet Under The Most Extreme Ace of Cakes Xavier: Renegade Angel Mythbusters Saturday Live Kingdom The Twilight Zone Boardwalk Empire Face Off
- Favorite Reads
- The Phantom of the Opera Works of Edgar Allan Poe Goethe's Faust Dracula The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Maus I & II In The Shadow of No Towers Man in the Iron Mask The Hunchback of Notre Dame The Scarlet Letter The English Patient Heart of Darkness anything by Oscar Wilde Nuremburg: Infamy on Trial Head Cases Les Miserables My Savage Muse The True History of the Elephant Man Viruses Versus Superbugs Nineteen Eighty-Four The Green Carnation The Glass Castle The Awakening Animal Farm Justinian's Flea The Prince On the Origin of Species The Spider King The Book of General Ignorance Othello Hamlet Moab is my Washpot P.G. Wodehouse On Death and Dying Girl Interrupted Synaptic Self Night The Divine Comedy Word Origins Ellman's Biography of Wilde Of Mice and Men Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead Waiting for Godot Making History A Series of Unfortunate Events One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Amadeus Animal Ignorance The Greek Myths Cause of Death Musicophilia The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat The Brain that Changes Itself Your Inner Fish Discarded Science By Jove! The Sociopath Next Door Beethoven Hermux Tantamoq Adventures Emma The Works of Victor Hugo
- Favorite Music/Bands
- Classical Music Jekyll and Hyde Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Opera Twentieth-Century Art Songs Church Music/Hymns Requiems Felix Mendelssohn Ludwig von Beethoven Georg Friedrich Handel Maurice Durufle Gabriel Faure John Rutter W.A. Mozart The Messiah Giuseppe Verdi Sergei Rachmaninoff Modest Mussorgsky Richard Wagner Ralph Vaughan Williams Richard O'Brien
AboutMusic: "Façade," from Frank Wildhorn's "Jekyll & Hyde"
Hello. My name's Raven- good to meet you, whomever has randomly happened upon my profile. I'm just a random twenty-something year-old flute player/viola//violin player/first soprano who studied Music and English and Psychology in college and have even more random interests, as you shall soon see below.
Not the best at summarizing myself. Will try, n' stuff.
Favourite Hobbie(s)- Writing/Drawing/Singing
Favourite Colour- Black
Favourite Book- "The Phantom of the Opera" by Gaston Leroux
Favourite Song- "Libera Me" from Maurice Durufle's Requiem, Opus IX
Favourite Movie- "The Elephant Man"
Favourite Musical- "Sweeney Todd"
Favourite Actor- John Hurt? Perhaps Stephen Fry, these days. (No, wait... it's definitely Stephen Fry, these days.) 8D Even so, there's a number of other greats whom I love.
Favourite Television Show- "Jeeves & Wooster" FTW!! (Probably the only TV show I'd consider using chat speak for. XP)
Other Random Obsessions- Poe and his writings (obviously,) Joseph Merrick and his bit of available artwork/writing (again, obviously,) Erik from "The Phantom of the Opera," Sydney Carton from "A Tale of Two Cities," Othello from "The Tragety of Othello," Stoker's "Dracula," Dumas' "Man in the Iron Mask," Hugo's "Les Misérables" and "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," some aspects of the "Harry Potter" series, Goethe's Faust, Stevenson's "The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde," dark literature in general, Oscar Wilde and his hotness/his writing, most anything with Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie (as a pair, in this instance), Stephen Fry's magnificence in general ("gorgeousness" may be more appropriate), the study of genetics and bodily/facial deformities, tenors -swoon-, the study of psychology and the human mind, Holocaust memoirs (especially that of Elie Wiesel, whose book Night I've gotten autographed), singing opera/musical music, often using dark elements such as death (i.e., Dido's Lament), though I care to sing others as well- wistful music is good, too (Aprez un Reve?) as well as happy/sappy music (O Mio Babbino Caro!) and... that's all I can think of at the moment.
Feel free to comment on my suckish profile! ^^ Random friend requests will be denied, and random mail not replied to. Also, I cannot STAND internet slang (except when I use it, because I'm a damn bloody hypocrite!) It's just wrong, okay?
Thanks so much to everyone who donated when my account was hacked!
[Lacrimosa]- Gothic Veil, 4K
soul of bO_Ogieman2- 3K
Your Personality is the Rarest (INFJ)
Your personality type is introspective, principled, critical, and sensitive.
Only about 2% of all people have your personality - including 3% of all women and around 1% of all men.
You are Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging.
How Rare Is Your Personality?
Your Inner Muse is Melpomene
You are most like the muse of tragedy.
While you aren't depressed, you don't shy away from sadness.
Although you do tend to be gloomy, you have a sensitive side.
And this sensitive side helps inspire and help others.
What Muse Are You?
Viewing 12 of 161 friends
Raven's Journal. Whoo. You can just FEEL the excitement eminating from this title, am I right?
My random, most likely not daily journal of the random, sometimes vaguely interesting crap that goes on in my life. Feel free to laugh and point at your leisure.
It never forgives a dreamer."
-Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde,
16 October 1854-
30 November 1900