LOOK TO TEH RIGHT... See how important it is... listening... being heard... and how it important it is for ME, to listen to you... if anyone here wants someone to talk to. I am here, to listen.
Holy moly! No more of that stuff! As some of you may of noticed if you've seen my profile prior to the changes, I had a boundless amount of pictures of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. It was definitely my childhood obsession... Now, my new obsession is the "Fallout" series. It's superb! Every one of you should play it
. It's one of the best RPG's Ive played in my life! As you can see, I've posted many videos on Nu-Metal and Jazz. Those two genres are my music's passion! Nu-Metal is just... it's so diverse; every band sounds similar yet distinctly different from each other. Jazz? Well, I am in love with the music! I love the past. If there were a time period I'd like to live in... Well, I would love to be in the 1920's despite there being some bad times happening in the future. Aside from that, my other main aspect of myself is Psychology. oh I revel and preach psychology. It is one of the greatest academic inventions of the world, I think. My beliefs lie in Humanism, Feminism, and Existentialism. The theorists I closely follow are: Alfred Adler, Carl R. Rogers (#1), Albert Ellis, Irvin D. Yalom, and Viktor Frankl.
My Belief in Feminism: For over a century, females have faced not only political oppression, but social as well. Females are viewed as being submissive, weak, unnecessary, and incapable. Well, for me in this century, it is a calling that I advocate women and their rights. In what sense does the pretense of a gender make one inferior? Each gender has their strengths and weaknesses, and it is evidently clear we exploit each others weaknesses. Instead, we should both utilize each others' strengths and empower one another. I shall step off the pedestal to make way for any one such girl to step onto. I am naturally submissive to women, and I willfully serve and obey them. Girls! This is the type of respect and attitudes you should get from us guys! Nay! Many of us wish to disrespect and mistreat you! No longer! Stand up, all girls, and make us kneel! We must learn how to show proper respect, care, and tender... and with learning, there must be teaching. The social aspect that I delve into, isn't about women taking over the world, or women being better than everyone else. Oh no, not at all. My belief in that, is that women should be treated fairly and with the utmost respect in any and all relationships, and that the rules and mannerisms that we have so "claimed" to, about "Holding the door open for a woman," or "always making way for them" have not really been upheld. I believe that, women too, on their part, should take to themselves to be confident and powerful and just themselves!
<3 GIRL POWER! <3
What do I do
- Listen to music
- Play Ultimate Frisbee (I am on the team and club)
- Play Basketball (On my spare time)
- Read (Tons of textbooks; maybe a few novels (50 Shades... lol, or some better BDSM porn >.>);
- Write (I write a lot of rhyming poems; I have written a few psychology articles; and I have also written a few short stories)
- Help others (Psychologically, that is. I don't quite offer advice though, or claim to think that I know everything and can help you. The thing is, with my approach, and rather in general, help yourself by helping me help you. It's all about this component called, "Empathy." It's as simple as that (; it also comes from the highly regarded Carl R. Rogers, with his approach called "Person-Centered Therapy".)
- Am in Girls' club: Ain't that a surprise, eh? Yeah, I'm in it, and yeah males are allowed into the club, lol. The best way I can explain this to you is, the difference in wording: A club for girls, or, A club with girls? Eh, either way, at least I am a guy who is passionate and eager to help support girls in their endeavors. I don't think a single one of you would appreciate having a guy in a Girls' club and try to take things apart.
- Am in Literary Criticism: This is a UIL (University Interscholastic League) group which seeks to study and analyze many literary works of the British and American authors.
- Take Free Online College Courses from Edx.org. It is a fantastic site that offers the best courses from the most prestigious universities! I am taking or have taken: Health And Society; Jazz Appreciation; Was Alexander Great?; Public Speaking.
My Belief in Humanism: You might ask, "Well, since you believe in feminism, doesn't that make you already predisposed to women, and not everyone?" My answer is this: I personally and socially believe in feminism. Politically? Well, 'inequality is the best "equality" and that is that.' Personally, well... that's business I attend to, haha. Socially? Well, as stated above, it's very unfair that women have been not treated the way that they should. However, it should be noted that 'Inequality is the "best" equality', as that is inherent in the human condition.
Me And Psychology: I began reading psychological textbooks when I was 13, so I technically have 4 years literary knowledge about Psychology. My first very two books were: (1) "The Handbook of Conflict Resolution", which was about a 700 page textbook, hefty in weight and dense in material. (2) "Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills (3rd. Edition)", which covered about 20 something psychological theories. This book is what got me into psychological theory and psychotherapy.
Me and College: Because of those two books, because of my studying in psychology, and because of my lifelong commitment and endeavor to help every single person I possibly can, I now strive to obtain a PhD in Psychology and an M.D in Psychiatry. I aim to do this, so that with a PhD, I might provide a more humanistic and person centered approach to Psychiatry. Really, I am baffled at how many people can and are misdiagnosed and are being mistreated (in the medical sense). If you want more information on this issue, talk to people who have psychological disorders. They might - key word might - tell you that they had to take many medications before the "right one" or had to see many doctors before the "right one". Or, read these two books: "Toxic Psychiatry: Why Therapy, Empathy and Love Must Replace the Drugs, Electroshock, and Biochemical Theories of the "New Psychiatry", "Anatomy of An Epidemic": These books discuss real people, undergoing the horrible and awful crisis of Psychiatry! The dangers of psychiatry are real. My maxim is: "Even if you are trying to diagnose the person or prescribe the person medication, you are NOT directly focusing on the person." My point is, you must first listen to the person, and then speak. It is amazing how many doctors out there do NOT even care or have a thought about the people they are allegedly "helping."
I would be helping people psychologically for free if I had the choice. I love people, no matter if they are seen as "assholes," and "jerks". They all have their reasons, people. You just have to understand them...
Me and KoRn: As you can see there are pictures of Jonathan Davis. Something you don't usually see: A fanboy for a boy. I am a TOTAL fanboy for this guy! That's not to say I'm a fanboy cause I think he is "hot". Ew no. Although he does look awesome, I can't say that. His dreadlocks and his appearance are very appealing. I love how he sings from his heart in his lyrics, how his voice is, and how talented overall he is. He is also very down to earth and kind. He has been through much and sets an example to keep moving on through things. I've also considered getting dreads myself. It is actually a myth that you "can't" wash your dreads. KoRn is just an amazing and talented band that sets some intense metal into the world. Their first five or so albums definitely paved the way for how nu-metal should sound, at least basically.
What do I listen to?
Nu-Metal for the most part, and Jazz, Funk, and Country!
*In Bold are ones that I find particularly heavy, talented, and just simply amazing! *
Note: For those of you who want to listen to more songs by these underground/underrated bands, there are least two sites that I know of (that are safe) which will allow you to search for music, especially by bands that aren't really 'out there', such as these. Rdio.com and grooveshark.com are the sites I use to listen to these bands songs (if I cannot find them on YouTube.) ALSO, If you like these bands music, PLEASE purchase their songs/albums! It helps support them, even if they are disbanded, and allows you to have a copy of your own.
For instance, FuryKane released their newest album just a while ago, they probably need all the money they can get!! Also, if you are looking for more places to find this underrated nu-metal music (mainly), check out these people on YouTube: Amenitysound, Ramadearbol666, Rareziez, Urbanqore, CrisisGhostt, conspiracy2terminate, and Melnixniper. Lastly, there is an app called 'TuneIn Radio' for smartphones, or just an app in general, and on there is a 'nu-metal- radio station. I hope all of this can help equip you towards your journey into Nu-Metal (;
Who Do I listen to?
- They are accredited as having invented the genre of Nu-metal, starting in 1994. And well... Korn: nuff' said!
- Korn sounding band. Nuff' said: ******** yes! Full album on YouTube.
- Female-Fronted French nu-metal band! After listening to a few of their songs... I was absolutely hooked! To me, they sound like a mix of Brian Head Welch's "Love and Death" and, at times, Jonathan Davis vocals. Their Albums "FuryKane" (2013), and "FaKe" (2011)
are released and able to be bought. You may find some of their songs on YouTube, or, you can find their songs on a site called grooveshark.com
-- it is safe, I've been listening to songs on here for quite a while now.
- ALL-FEMALE THRASH METAL BAND!! Although I put them in a nu-metal video, they are more thrashy. Quite honestly, no words can really be spoken for them, and by that I mean: THEY ARE ******** AWESOME! Wow.. the power they put into their music! Girls! You kick a**! Probably even more than guys! You can their ONLY album "Levelc" (by the girls)
on a site called 'Rdio.com'
-- this is safe as well, all you have to do is sign in with your e-mail or facebook or create another account, and there you go!
- ALL-FEMALE Metal Band! A lot of people regard this band as sounding like "Alice in Chains", as if they were a female Alice In Chains (which is ******** awesome sounding! (; ), and I agree! You can find their songs on YouTube or go to grooveshark.com.
- Nu-Metal band. ******** awesome. You can find their songs and their newest album on YouTube.
Wicked Wisdom - Female-Fronted Nu-Metal band. You can find the band's songs on YouTube.
- This is an ALL-FEMALE (Nu) Metal band! What is cooler than that!? ;D. Their albums are on Youtube... they have, however, deviated from the Nu-Metal genre and have taken onto death metal and a more... (in my opinion) "eh...." sound. Their ONLY Nu-Metal album is "Spit (1999)".
The rest are... :/... not so clean vocals. People consider this album with the band to be like a "Female version of KoRn". Especially their songs "Suck, Trippin, Raven [ESPECIALLY RAVEN LIKE O...M....G... DOSE RIFFS], Get Off, and Choke".
- This band sounds just like KoRn! They are from Russia, and they formed their band in honor of the genre of nu-metal and KoRn! Totally check them out! They are on YouTube (:
E-Town Concrete - Well, New Jersey pride. I'm not from there, but a person who I had a very special and connective relationship with is from there, and with their one song "So Many Nights (Acoustic)" I feel resonates what it means to come from hardship and live in an environment that is in New Jersey.
- These guys started out as a death metal band, actually, and then in 2003 released their album "Alien SIx" which they have stated as being "Very KoRn influenced". I have their entire album downloaded from a site called Iomio. You can find previews of each song there, so you can see if you want the album. Otherwise, there are some of their songs on YouTube.
. This album and this band... they sound like they are AS talented as Korn themselves, and I believe they would of been popular had they gotten more attention.
- Their album is uploaded on Youtube, thankfully. Their album "Simon Says" sounds like it's inherently KoRn influenced. You can tell by the guitar riffs, vocals, lyrics, and overall tone.
Stomped - Their album is also uploaded on Youtube. They have released two albums, "Dawn Upon You", and "Opening Statement".
Slaves On Dope - Their album too is uploaded on YouTube, called "Inches From The Mainline".
- Juice's songs are uploaded on Youtube. JUICE is actually considered to be PRE-ADEMA. PRE-KORN would be Jonathan Davis from "Sexart" and rest of the band members from "Creep". Jonathan, however, perhaps learned of his vocal style from the singer of Juice.
- This band also totally sounds like KoRn (; and they pull it off very well.
- This band sounds extremely talented and their album, "Beg" is uploaded on YouTube.
Jerk - This band is also very talented.
Coalest - This band has a Slipknot sound to them.
- This band has been compared to KoRn in their sound, just a more melodic and deep sound. Their albums are on YouTube.
Vampires On Tomato Juice, and Viza
- Well... I don't know if these two bands are Nu Metal necessarily, but I really do enjoy their sound! These two bands are also very talented.