Oh, that song's not too bad. Though my favorite Chevelle album has to be Vena Sera. "Well Enough Alone," "The Fad" and "Straight Jacket Fashion" are some of my favorite tracks off that.
Chevelle is a band I've always at least somewhat liked. Maybe because Pete Loeffler sounds kind of like Maynard James Keenan and the music's actually not half bad.
It's really, really hard to choose just five. Even 20 isn't easy for me to put together in a list. D;
Here's one possible list, though.
1. Rishloo - Weevil Bride. If you look up this as a username here, you'll probably find a very purple avatar, with that very song playing in her profile. Yeah, that's one of my alt accounts. Goes to show you how much I love the song. I actually love all of Rishloo's work, and was thrilled when they decided to reunite last year. =w=
2. Nevermore - The Heart Collector. Nevermore has so many solid entire albums under their belt that it's hard to pick just one song of theirs. It kept being a tossup between this, "Believe in Nothing,"
"Sentient 6," or "This Godless Endeavor." One of my favorite bands of all time and it's really sad that they seem to have disbanded.
3. Nightwish - Nemo. A few years ago, this was the most played song on my computer. I might consider trying to relearn the solo to this one.
4. A Perfect Circle - Pet. This song. This song makes my heartbeat rise and my blood pump. Awesome riff, and Maynard's vocals are just so full of menace here.
5. Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels. Grew up listening to a lot of Tears for Fears thanks to my dad, and among the lot of songs I liked, this is the one song that really, really stuck with me.
6. Heart - Alone. Obligatory karaoke song. I've covered this song for my friends upon request time and time again. I don't care how overdone it is. When this plays on the radio I belt it. No excuses.
7. Spawn of Possession - Church of Deviance. I like me some tech death, and Spawn of Possession has to be one of my favorite bands in the genre. Even happier that Christian Muenzner is with them now. Incurso kicks a**.
8. Stone Temple Pilots - Dead And Bloated. One of my favorite riffs of all time, and a song I can actually play on the guitar. Simple and repetitious but it really sucks you in. At least it does to me.
9. Pain of Salvation - Beyond The Pale. This band has always been a bit hit and miss with me, but Remedy Lane is a good, solid album, and this is my favorite track off it.
10. Marilyn Manson - The Fight Song. Sometimes the radio knows just what I need. Like after I had a wisdom tooth pulled out, this one came on. Shame I couldn't sing along, properly. It's something of an anthem for me, hurr.
This is by no means a definitive list of my favorite songs or my favorite artists of all time, but just a good idea of what kinds of songs make me very, very happy. =w=
Actually, it's hardly even comprehensive. But whatever.
I understand that. There's precious little in top-40 radio I like myself these days.
And I'm not the biggest fan of country, but southern rock/metal is something I have a weakness for.
Maybe because I'm a guitarist too.
Classics like Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers Band, and modern stuff like Nashville p***y and Maylene and the Sons of Disaster like to find their way into my playlists.
It's alright. I apologize for the delay too. I could swear I typed out a reply to yours, but probably ended up accidentally closing the browser tab before finishing it. =3=
I see, I see. That's not my usual fare, really. What I really listen to... it changes a lot. Sometimes I like prog metal like Symphony X, Dream Theater, Shadow Gallery, and Tool. Sometimes it's thrash (though I'm terribly mainstream with my thrash bands, my favorite being Death Angel). Sometimes it's tech death like Nile, Psycroptic, and Spawn of Possession. Sometimes it's classic rock. Sometimes, it's punk, plus points if it's in another language. And then I have my post-hardcore phases. Nowadays it's a mix of Danzig, Foo Fighters, The Police, and Soundgarden.