Okay, so here is our bathroom as it looked a day or so ago (8/23)
I know, not the best looking thing, with the stains and the discolorations and the ugly colors we had no hand in choosing.
Closeup of the wall
Closeup of the ceiling
As you can see though, badly stained...mismatched colors...just ugly all around.
But we shall rebuild, make it better than before!
The first thing I wanted to tackle was the ceiling, since it was the only thing we had no plans to rip out and redo
See, it's a lot brighter now!
We also have plans to remove the wallpaper, hence the tiny holes in it.
The ceiling will need a second coat for sure, but already it looks so much better than it originally did.
Where we did the hokey pokey and spritzed it all down.
Granted, we got the flowers off fine...but to our surprise, this is what was lurking underneath!
I thought something smelled fishy.
So yeah, got to poke and spray that stuff too!
But at least it does come up with a lot of heavy scraping.
And here are the stars of this project!
Ain't they purdy!
And we removed the first bit of our "wooden" paneling. It's not really wood...it's plastic...made to look like wood..(how tacky can you get)
and what we found underneath!
Evidence that this bathroom used to be tiled...and have fish on the walls.
At this point, I can safely say the wood and the flowers were an improvement over the original design.
8-26 and 8-27
Where we discovered something horrible.
Okay, so this is where our bathroom project sadly came to a screeching halt.
We discovered that the walls are just as bad as the floor underneath, all rotting out.
There's no way to save those walls...
The damage is too extensive...
And too widespread...to save them.
Kinda like the damage to parts of the floor
*in spoiler tags, because it's soooo gross!*
So we get to build anew!
Which is actually a bit of a blessing really, since now we can do more to our bathroom than we though possible, like adding a vanity light and a inset medicine cabinet!
· Thu Aug 25, 2016 @ 07:24pm · 0 Comments