Random thoughts, none of which were long enough to warrant their own journal entry:
- Aquarium Owners: the days when you could buy fish for gold for reasonable prices and still expect to make some kind of decent profit are over. Fish were a way for those with Real World Money to turn it into gold. Why would they do that when they can now just buy gold directly via Flynn's various body parts or that scum's loose change?
If you still want to run a tank with Airsharks or Giant Stone Coatls, start running those commercials in the background watching videos for GC, and/or trading with others who are doing the same. Because we're on our own now.
- This bears repeating: nothing's sacred. I'm looking at some of the current bundles and all the stuff you're getting for relatively low prices, and I'm seeing desperation on the part of Gaia. Short term desperation. Letting the players have anything they want for as little as they want as long as they fork over the real world money for it NOW. That's not the strategy of a business with a long term view.
- And they keep lowering and lowering the prices. This means DON'T buy for the initial price, patience pays off in real money savings if there's something you want. There's no friggin' way I'm going to spend 7500 GC on anything - it WILL come around at a lower price if you wait long enough.
This, by the way, is known as a deflationary cycle, and it's actually worse for the economy than inflation. Because there's nothing like the reasonable expectation of a lower price to stop people from buying NOW.
- Finally: it's high time to stop looking at the MP as "inflated". This IS the new normal. These ARE the new prices. Yes, they will change over time, but if you're waiting for things to get "back to normal", you might as well stop holding your breath and deal with it. Gaia's changed its internal game economic policy as well as its business model, and this is the fall out.
· Mon Jan 27, 2014 @ 07:39pm · 3 Comments